Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FCD - low ticket sales - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FCD - low ticket sales

+21
THE THREAD
scoreNOmore
eagle
Slakemoth
happyfeet
Todd76123
The German
chasematt
soccerrus2
listener
FlatBack4
homer999
afrankw
Tequilapark
Freeatlast
Lauriete
arsenalfan
soccer geek
Its Me
b0013
go99
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

FCD - low ticket sales - Page 3 Empty Re: FCD - low ticket sales

Post by Its Me 8/27/2009, 7:26 am

I refuse to go and see that kind a crap they have on the field. Last weekend was a perfect example of crap soccer. Playing against 10 players for 30 minutes and still getting beat. They can't work the ball up to the strikers so they play the long ball all day which wasn't working.
THEY SUCK! Mad

Its Me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/27/2009, 8:28 am

Its Me wrote:I refuse to go and see that kind a crap they have on the field. Last weekend was a perfect example of crap soccer. Playing against 10 players for 30 minutes and still getting beat. They can't work the ball up to the strikers so they play the long ball all day which wasn't working.
THEY SUCK! Mad
gonna have to agree there. My bb gets in for free and $20 for me but it's painful to sit and watch. My eyes still stink of the last game. Would rather watch the juniors play, it's much better soocer. From what I've seen it's time to work some of those kids into the starting lineup. They certianly couldn't do worse.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by south 8/27/2009, 8:49 am

I have always been a huge MLS fan. Unfortunately, what we are seeing at Pizza Hut Park is pretty much what is happening all over the league with respect to level of play. However, many of the other teams seem to be trying - they may lack the skill but the put in the effort and it is a little more exciting. FCD doesn't seem to even be interested in making the effort.
While the US National team is able to compete with the Mexican National team, our professional leagues are not of the same caliber. Last night's CONCACAF Champions League matches showed that- two MLS teams took drubbings at the hands of Mexican teams.

That said, there are other clubs in MLS managing to fill the stands. Better locations, better marketing, more effort on the field. There is a lot that FCD could do to make the event more worthwhile and attract better crowds. I think the biggest mistake was location. Parents from Tarrant County and south Dallas may drive their kids up to Frisco to play games, but are not as willing to make that drive to watch a game. The time required for transit alone makes the trip unpalatable for many other fans. I would bet that if they put a grass field down in the Rangers' Ballpark or Texas Stadium parking lots they could attract more fans!
south
south
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 8/27/2009, 12:51 pm

south wrote:I have always been a huge MLS fan. Unfortunately, what we are seeing at Pizza Hut Park is pretty much what is happening all over the league with respect to level of play. However, many of the other teams seem to be trying - they may lack the skill but the put in the effort and it is a little more exciting. FCD doesn't seem to even be interested in making the effort.
While the US National team is able to compete with the Mexican National team, our professional leagues are not of the same caliber. Last night's CONCACAF Champions League matches showed that- two MLS teams took drubbings at the hands of Mexican teams.

That said, there are other clubs in MLS managing to fill the stands. Better locations, better marketing, more effort on the field. There is a lot that FCD could do to make the event more worthwhile and attract better crowds. I think the biggest mistake was location. Parents from Tarrant County and south Dallas may drive their kids up to Frisco to play games, but are not as willing to make that drive to watch a game. The time required for transit alone makes the trip unpalatable for many other fans. I would bet that if they put a grass field down in the Rangers' Ballpark or Texas Stadium parking lots they could attract more fans!

I think it is the ticket prices, product, lack of star power, consession prices, and their marketing strategy that causes their low attendance more than their location. They should cater more to the adults soccer fans instead of trying to get people out to the games because Johnny plays soccer. In order to get the crowd into the game have cheerleaders take off a piece of clothing every time they score a goal, I am sure the stripper/cheerleaders from the Arena Football league are available. By the way the Rangers do play on a grass field in Arlington.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 8/27/2009, 1:05 pm

Let's see if they start playing some of the younger players if they don't make the playoffs. You have the young kid from SMU "Bruno" that's only seen four games all year. Shea has been starting for the but hasn't produced any goals.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3