Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FCD - low ticket sales - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FCD - low ticket sales

+21
THE THREAD
scoreNOmore
eagle
Slakemoth
happyfeet
Todd76123
The German
chasematt
soccerrus2
listener
FlatBack4
homer999
afrankw
Tequilapark
Freeatlast
Lauriete
arsenalfan
soccer geek
Its Me
b0013
go99
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FCD - low ticket sales - Page 2 Empty Re: FCD - low ticket sales

Post by chasematt 8/5/2009, 9:50 am

homer999 wrote:Scotland has a population of 5.1 million and has pro 12 teams with the average attendance of 15,000 per game. DFW has a population of 6.3 million and has one pro team with an average attendance of less than 10,000. Not much to compare.
6.3M is a little inflated - NCTCG counts outlying cities like Corsicana, Weatehrford, Greenville, etc that arent really part of the metroplex proper. Scotland doesn't have NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, PGA, NCCA, UIL competing for audience.....

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 8/5/2009, 10:02 am

chasematt wrote:
homer999 wrote:Scotland has a population of 5.1 million and has pro 12 teams with the average attendance of 15,000 per game. DFW has a population of 6.3 million and has one pro team with an average attendance of less than 10,000. Not much to compare.
6.3M is a little inflated - NCTCG counts outlying cities like Corsicana, Weatehrford, Greenville, etc that arent really part of the metroplex proper. Scotland doesn't have NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, PGA, NCCA, UIL competing for audience.....
And the US doesn't have Shinty. Smile
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/5/2009, 11:03 am

I was comparing quality of leagues. However using your numbers, Scotland's 5 mil population is by far more "soccer" mad then the DFW elite and they still have comparable numbers.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 8/5/2009, 12:54 pm

You have interesting logic and poor math. Scotland has 12 teams at 15k per game, so assumming 6 games per week during the season, that is 90,000 people attending games at any one point in time. DFW is similiar in population and only has 9,300 attending each game.
As for the other comment on geographic definition, DFW has 12 counties and 9,000 square miles, Scotland has 30,420 square miles, so they have more people driving farther to attend games.
Again, they don't compare.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/5/2009, 4:02 pm

homer999 wrote:You have interesting logic and poor math. Scotland has 12 teams at 15k per game, so assumming 6 games per week during the season, that is 90,000 people attending games at any one point in time. DFW is similiar in population and only has 9,300 attending each game.
As for the other comment on geographic definition, DFW has 12 counties and 9,000 square miles, Scotland has 30,420 square miles, so they have more people driving farther to attend games.
Again, they don't compare.

People will drive to see quality play not to get something free.
We went to the Chelsea game and it was a complete pain in the arse. Expensive as heck. took us 1 1/2 hours to get home. Upset at the fact that some of the big players did not play but you know what my bb said to me after a game of watching the Chelsea scrubs (not all were scrubs) play?
"That was the best soccer game I have ever been to"
He has never ever come close to saying anything like that about an MLS game.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 8/10/2009, 7:01 pm

FCD has two wins in a row for the first time this year, maybe there is hope.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 8/11/2009, 10:52 am

Tequilapark wrote:FCD has two wins in a row for the first time this year, maybe there is hope.
Hope is for church goers. Shocked
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd76123 8/11/2009, 4:19 pm

If they had put their stadium in the center of the mentroplex I would go to more games and probably suffer through them. it's a hell of a long drive for those of us in Ft Worth...in adition to the driving we are already doing for club.
Maybe FCD will agree to start their game just after my boys game finishes. We will already be there and can just walk on over. lol!
Todd76123
Todd76123
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/12/2009, 7:46 am

Todd76123 wrote:If they had put their stadium in the center of the mentroplex I would go to more games and probably suffer through them. it's a hell of a long drive for those of us in Ft Worth...in adition to the driving we are already doing for club.
Maybe FCD will agree to start their game just after my boys game finishes. We will already be there and can just walk on over. lol!
If you are in Fort Worth, you will be able to see better quality teams right down the road at Jerry's place

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/12/2009, 10:46 am

soccerrus2 wrote:
Todd76123 wrote:If they had put their stadium in the center of the mentroplex I would go to more games and probably suffer through them. it's a hell of a long drive for those of us in Ft Worth...in adition to the driving we are already doing for club.
If you are in Fort Worth, you will be able to see better quality teams right down the road at Jerry's place
For about 3x the cost! cheers
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/12/2009, 11:23 am

happyfeet wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
For about 3x the cost! cheers
How do you figure? Paid $33 per ticket for Chelsea as compared to $23.25 for last FCDallas.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 8/12/2009, 1:18 pm

I think he thought you were talking about going to see the Cowboys play instead of watching soccer....
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 8/12/2009, 2:35 pm

The German wrote:
Tequilapark wrote:FCD has two wins in a row for the first time this year, maybe there is hope.
Hope is for church goers. Shocked
Actually, Faith is for church goers, Hope is for nonchurch goers. Twisted Evil
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 8/12/2009, 2:47 pm

My kids have a closet full of FC Dallas Jerseys of guys that don't play there any longer. Ruiz, Toja, Cooper. There has to be some kind of draw. Cunningham will be gone in the next year. Shea? Dax?(probably my favorite if they would just let him play) Ferreira?
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 8/12/2009, 2:59 pm

b0013 wrote:FCD ticket office has a big problem...without the support and promotion from all the other clubs in NT, sales will stay low.

As long as MLS and FCD continue to promote, advertise, and only support FCD youth soccer club in this area, the heads of Texans, Solar, TFC, etc...will never support or promote MLS/FCD....and why should they?

If I am in business and my competition wants me to promote their product...that would not be a very good business decision.
I agree it seems like they put more empatheis on the youth club than the MLS team. I remember voicing my displeasure to a FC Dallas executive after the Toja transfer, and they explained that the money they received would finance the academy teams for a whole year. I could care a less about how good their academy teams are.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/12/2009, 4:17 pm

eagle wrote:
b0013 wrote:FCD ticket office has a big problem...without the support and promotion from all the other clubs in NT, sales will stay low.

As long as MLS and FCD continue to promote, advertise, and only support FCD youth soccer club in this area, the heads of Texans, Solar, TFC, etc...will never support or promote MLS/FCD....and why should they?

If I am in business and my competition wants me to promote their product...that would not be a very good business decision.
I agree it seems like they put more empatheis on the youth club than the MLS team. I remember voicing my displeasure to a FC Dallas executive after the Toja transfer, and they explained that the money they received would finance the academy teams for a whole year. I could care a less about how good their academy teams are.
Yeah but if they can develope and tranfer players out of their academy system, they can make more money than they ever would from ticket sales. BTW don't overestimate the power of the other youth clubs. Even with their full support and discounted tickets, you would not fill the stands. I would bet that you could give free tickets to every youth player in the metroplex and still not fill the seats. The product is garbage, the style of play is european while the fan base is latin, and the league is young. Just read a report that the brazillian club Santos now feels that they are successful enough to run the club from ticket sales instead of from selling players. They are a much older and more succesful club than FCD and the Brazillian league is more established with much higher average ticket sale.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/13/2009, 4:40 pm

go99 wrote:
eagle wrote:

Yeah but if they can develope and tranfer players out of their academy system, they can make more money than they ever would from ticket sales. BTW don't overestimate the power of the other youth clubs. Even with their full support and discounted tickets, you would not fill the stands. I would bet that you could give free tickets to every youth player in the metroplex and still not fill the seats. The product is garbage, the style of play is european while the fan base is latin, and the league is young. Just read a report that the brazillian club Santos now feels that they are successful enough to run the club from ticket sales instead of from selling players. They are a much older and more succesful club than FCD and the Brazillian league is more established with much higher average ticket sale.
99 I agree with everything you say EXCEPT
EUROPEAN STYLE SOCCER? Are you out of your mind!
That is crappy American style soccer they play in frisco!

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/13/2009, 7:52 pm

arsenalfan wrote:
go99 wrote:
eagle wrote:

I agree with that but it is just a poor execution at that style of play.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 8/14/2009, 6:37 am

go99 wrote:
arsenalfan wrote:
go99 wrote:
eagle wrote:

I agree with that but it is just a poor execution at that style of play.
Cabeza de alfiler
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scoreNOmore 8/14/2009, 10:51 am

FCD returns to the Cotton Bowl........well atleast for 1 game.
check out 3rd degree . net
scoreNOmore
scoreNOmore
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE THREAD 8/18/2009, 2:13 am

this subject saddens THE THREAD.
THE THREAD
THE THREAD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 8/26/2009, 1:36 pm

I love this quote from Hyndman. He blames leadership for their problems but excludes himself from the blame.
Hyndman admits attitude and team chemistry have both been issues since his hiring last June. "It's been a recurring theme since I've been here and it comes down to leadership," he said. "I think the leadership from the coaches, we're doing everything we can. I don't know if we're getting it from the players and it might be the selection of players."
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by liebevin 8/26/2009, 3:58 pm

Will not make the drive from East Dallas to Oklahoma any more....taking the family and all of my bbs team-mates to SMU games....GO !!!! PONIES!!!!! bounce
liebevin
liebevin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 8/26/2009, 4:54 pm

I feel your pain.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 8/26/2009, 10:52 pm

For me it's not the play, Hyndman, Frisco, etc. I just can't afford to take a family of four to an event at $25/ticket more than once or twice per season. I would catch every game if I could. I actually enjoy watching the youth games almost as much.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 8/27/2009, 7:26 am

I refuse to go and see that kind a crap they have on the field. Last weekend was a perfect example of crap soccer. Playing against 10 players for 30 minutes and still getting beat. They can't work the ball up to the strikers so they play the long ball all day which wasn't working.
THEY SUCK! Mad
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next