Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Releases Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Releases

+6
oiseau66
socmom3
omega striker
DownTown21
soccermom97b
Baller38
10 posters

Go down

Releases Empty Releases

Post by Baller38 4/1/2011, 12:53 pm

I got my bb's release back from North Texas today and it says Released to Rec soccer only. Can he still go and practice and guest play with other competitive club teams?

Baller38
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Releases Empty Re: Releases

Post by soccermom97b 4/1/2011, 1:01 pm

Yes and if he guests plays, then Ronda at North Texas will sign the guest player release form for you.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 4/1/2011, 10:58 pm

heard it been a busy week at North Texas. Wonder why?
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/3/2011, 8:47 pm

DownTown21 wrote:heard it been a busy week at North Texas. Wonder why?
supposedly it is a record year for releases!!!! affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 4/3/2011, 9:01 pm

YES, it has!!!
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 4/3/2011, 9:03 pm

I met Evelyn today and told her I felt like I already knew her after all these years as a manager Very Happy
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oiseau66 4/4/2011, 2:01 pm

I sent mine in last Monday..was told I had to get another one because there was white out on ours. I got another one, sent it in and am still waiting to get the commissioner to sign it and get it back...must be a bunch of releases sitting on someone's desk....
oiseau66
oiseau66
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 4/4/2011, 2:08 pm

oiseau66 wrote:I sent mine in last Monday..was told I had to get another one because there was white out on ours. I got another one, sent it in and am still waiting to get the commissioner to sign it and get it back...must be a bunch of releases sitting on someone's desk....

were you getting released to rec or transfer to another team? If release to rec, Ronda can stamp it herself. If anything else, including transfer to antoher team or inner club transfer, Evelyn must approve it which obviously takes more time.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/4/2011, 4:26 pm

I thought no releases after April 1? Did something change in the rules?
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 4/4/2011, 4:33 pm

The German wrote:I thought no releases after April 1? Did something change in the rules?

I actually had a long talk with Ronda last week and she told me that if your team is not playing in State cup (I also found out that the roster freezes 4/1 for Challenge teams), then the April 1 deadline doesn't really apply. You can add / delete players all the way up through June.

Of course the best plan would be to call her and talk about your specific situation but she did say that if you're not in State Cup or the Challenge games, it doesn't apply.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/4/2011, 4:51 pm

Actually the rules don't mention state cup or challenge games.
A competitive (select) player is obligated to his competitive team for the soccer-playing year for competitive players from the time he signs a contract until the end of the subsequent soccer playing year (August 1 of the prior soccer year through June 30 of the current soccer year). Release to transfer to another NTSSA competitive team will be allowed under the following circumstances:
Transfers that are approved by the player’s current coach may be granted at any time on or prior to April 1.....
A player may leave a competitive team and go into his home Member Association recreational player pool at any time on or prior to April 1 of the current soccer year with the written permission of the Youth Commissioner. Players may not be released from their competitive team after April 1, as no recreational player pool is available.

Also it wouldn't be correct to have a double standard for SC/CG teams and all the others IMO.

The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 4/4/2011, 5:08 pm

The German wrote:Actually the rules don't mention state cup or challenge games.
A competitive (select) player is obligated to his competitive team for the soccer-playing year for competitive players from the time he signs a contract until the end of the subsequent soccer playing year (August 1 of the prior soccer year through June 30 of the current soccer year). Release to transfer to another NTSSA competitive team will be allowed under the following circumstances:
Transfers that are approved by the player’s current coach may be granted at any time on or prior to April 1.....
A player may leave a competitive team and go into his home Member Association recreational player pool at any time on or prior to April 1 of the current soccer year with the written permission of the Youth Commissioner. Players may not be released from their competitive team after April 1, as no recreational player pool is available.

Also it wouldn't be correct to have a double standard for SC/CG teams and all the others IMO.

Good point and why it's best for people to call and talk to her directly. My roster's all set Smile
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 4/4/2011, 8:05 pm

The best part about all the NTSSA rules: Your not allowed to break the rules, your only allowed to bend the rules. Laughing

The NTSSA has some great people working there. They are also great when it comes to answering parents concerns and questions.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/4/2011, 9:00 pm

soccermom97b wrote:
oiseau66 wrote:I sent mine in last Monday..was told I had to get another one because there was white out on ours. I got another one, sent it in and am still waiting to get the commissioner to sign it and get it back...must be a bunch of releases sitting on someone's desk....

were you getting released to rec or transfer to another team? If release to rec, Ronda can stamp it herself. If anything else, including transfer to antoher team or inner club transfer, Evelyn must approve it which obviously takes more time.

Yes, Obviously Evelyn would take more time! Laughing

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/4/2011, 9:08 pm

Players may not be released from their competitive team after April 1, as no recreational player pool is available.

Wow, that looks pretty clear German! So how is it that players are NOW getting released from competitive teams?? What is going on?

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/4/2011, 9:15 pm

Freeatlast wrote:
Players may not be released from their competitive team after April 1, as no recreational player pool is available.

Wow, that looks pretty clear German! So how is it that players are NOW getting released from competitive teams?? What is going on?
My question exactly.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 4/4/2011, 9:38 pm

The German wrote:
Freeatlast wrote:

My question exactly.

The rule looks clear, but my guess is that the intent of the rule is to protect the player, not the club.

The rule says that a player can't be released after April 1 - because there is no rec league to release him to. Before April 1 - they can assign the player to a rec team. After, they can't - past the deadline for rec teams to add players.

The rule does not look like it was intended to protect club teams from losing players after April 1 (from the way its worded). Instead, it looks like it was intended to protect players from coaches who would release a child after April 1, leaving the kid with no option to play. That would be my guess why they allow releases if requested by the player.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/4/2011, 9:44 pm

R1 wrote:
The German wrote:
Freeatlast wrote:

My question exactly.

The rule looks clear, but my guess is that the intent of the rule is to protect the player, not the club.

The rule says that a player can't be released after April 1 - because there is no rec league to release him to. Before April 1 - they can assign the player to a rec team. After, they can't - past the deadline for rec teams to add players.

The rule does not look like it was intended to protect club teams from losing players after April 1 (from the way its worded). Instead, it looks like it was intended to protect players from coaches who would release a child after April 1, leaving the kid with no option to play. That would be my guess why they allow releases if requested by the player.

How can a club give a kid a release unilaterally? Can't the kid/parents say, "uh, no we don't want to be released now."

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 4/4/2011, 9:52 pm

Freeatlast wrote:
R1 wrote:
The German wrote:
Freeatlast wrote:

My question exactly.

How can a club give a kid a release unilaterally? Can't the kid/parents say, "uh, no we don't want to be released now."

True. They have to get the child on board too. I guess I don't know why they are allowing the releases past April 1 then. Good question.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllSoccer98 4/5/2011, 9:17 am

It sounds like one person turned in a release form with white out and was asked to resubmit it, which they did on Monday. The original form was probably submitted prior to April 1. I'm sure it takes a day or so to get the coach to sign another form.

Just my interpretation of the situation.

AllSoccer98
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by oiseau66 4/5/2011, 9:24 am

AllSoccer98 wrote:It sounds like one person turned in a release form with white out and was asked to resubmit it, which they did on Monday. The original form was probably submitted prior to April 1. I'm sure it takes a day or so to get the coach to sign another form.

The release was resubmitted before the April 1st deadline.
oiseau66
oiseau66
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by oiseau66 4/5/2011, 9:31 am

oiseau66 wrote:
AllSoccer98 wrote:It sounds like one person turned in a release form with white out and was asked to resubmit it, which they did on Monday. The original form was probably submitted prior to April 1. I'm sure it takes a day or so to get the coach to sign another form.

The release was resubmitted before the April 1st deadline.
The coach had to sign the new form, took a day and a half, along with the players's and parent signatures and it was re- submitted March 31.
oiseau66
oiseau66
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down