Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Question about releases Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Question about releases

+13
happyfeet
Marmaduke
bunited
omega striker
soccergrinder
Freeatlast
soccermom97b
playhard
BigTex
GoWide
Baller38
futbolnutt
soccer00
17 posters

Go down

Question about releases Empty Question about releases

Post by soccer00 3/24/2011, 8:17 pm

Last edited by soccer00 on 6/29/2011, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

soccer00
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Question about releases Empty Re: Question about releases

Post by futbolnutt 3/24/2011, 8:30 pm

Hopefully HappyFeet will chime in, but, the timeline for releases has passed for this season (i.e., rosters are frozen). If you want to practice or play tournaments with other clubs, your coach can give you a release to participate, but, you stay on current club roster. Open practices start June 1.

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baller38 3/24/2011, 8:38 pm

soccer00 wrote:With the final classic games occurring this weekend, I had a question about getting released from a team. I am more familiar with the girls' side of this. Can anyone tell me dates and deadlines and the process? Or, do we just have to wait until June 1 to start trying out new teams?
Care to spill the beans on which team you are trying to leave? I am sure there are alot of BBs out there that would love to take little Johnny's spot on the bench. You did do a good job of covering your tracks though I looked back through your old posts and all of them that would have given away your idenity have been edited scratch

Baller38
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoWide 3/24/2011, 8:41 pm

I say TFC 00 White Schell! What you Say!

GoWide
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer00 3/24/2011, 8:45 pm

GoWide wrote:I say TFC 00 White Schell! What you Say!

Last edited by soccer00 on 6/29/2011, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

soccer00
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer00 3/24/2011, 8:46 pm

Last edited by soccer00 on 6/29/2011, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

soccer00
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baller38 3/24/2011, 8:53 pm

soccer00 wrote:
Baller38 wrote:
soccer00 wrote:With the final classic games occurring this weekend, I had a question about getting released from a team. I am more familiar with the girls' side of this. Can anyone tell me dates and deadlines and the process? Or, do we just have to wait until June 1 to start trying out new teams?
Care to spill the beans on which team you are trying to leave? I am sure there are alot of BBs out there that would love to take little Johnny's spot on the bench. You did do a good job of covering your tracks though I looked back through your old posts and all of them that would have given away your idenity have been edited scratch

Smile Yep, I'm no dummy (well, at least not in this case). lol!

BB is actually not a bench player--just on a bad team with an uncommitted coach and a maniacal manager. Looking for something a little more positive. Not sure we'll find it, though, based on a lot of the posts on this forum.
Yeah I know, just giving you a hard time, I bet come Fall 75% of teams in classic will have less than have of the same roster from this season.

Baller38
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTex 3/24/2011, 9:04 pm

Texans tryouts usually July 1,2,3 make sure his a contender . sunny
BigTex
BigTex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by playhard 3/24/2011, 9:14 pm

Get a release from your coach right now and start practicing with some other teams.
That gives you a head start before the big run.

playhard
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 3/24/2011, 9:32 pm

Deadline for getting a release is actually not until April 1. You can request to be released to rec and North Texas will most likely grant that for you. That essentially means you can practice with any team and can guest play with anyone you want...North Texas will sign your guest player release forms instead of your coach. it just all has to be done by 4/1. Chances are slim that you'll get a transfer now...that has to be agreed upon by your coach and again, rosters freeze 4/1.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 3/24/2011, 9:46 pm

BigTex wrote:Texans tryouts usually July 1,2,3 make sure his a contender . sunny

Like most clubs, Texans rosters are finalized before July 1. affraid

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/24/2011, 10:38 pm

soccermom97b wrote:Deadline for getting a release is actually not until April 1. You can request to be released to rec and North Texas will most likely grant that for you. That essentially means you can practice with any team and can guest play with anyone you want...North Texas will sign your guest player release forms instead of your coach. it just all has to be done by 4/1. Chances are slim that you'll get a transfer now...that has to be agreed upon by your coach and again, rosters freeze 4/1.

I may be wromg but I think this is incorrect. Yes, you can get North Texas to give you a release to rec. Which means you are only released to play rec and cannot play on a competitive team. So yes you can guest play on rec teams, just not select teams. IMHO.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/24/2011, 10:54 pm

soccergrinder wrote:
soccermom97b wrote:Deadline for getting a release is actually not until April 1. You can request to be released to rec and North Texas will most likely grant that for you. That essentially means you can practice with any team and can guest play with anyone you want...North Texas will sign your guest player release forms instead of your coach. it just all has to be done by 4/1. Chances are slim that you'll get a transfer now...that has to be agreed upon by your coach and again, rosters freeze 4/1.

I may be wromg but I think this is incorrect. Yes, you can get North Texas to give you a release to rec. Which means you are only released to play rec and cannot play on a competitive team. So yes you can guest play on rec teams, just not select teams. IMHO.
that is incorrect! you can guest play in tournaments and practice with ANY competitive team but you have to have the competitive release to play in the state cup!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/25/2011, 12:32 am

omega striker wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:

that is incorrect! you can guest play in tournaments and practice with ANY competitive team but you have to have the competitive release to play in the state cup!

The actaull passage from NTSSA rule book reads ...

Player Releases:
Any player is entitled to receive a release to return to recreational soccer at any time prior to April 1 of the current soccer year, even if the player’s coach refuses to sign the player release form... All player releases will be stamped “For Recreational Soccer Only.” If a player obtains a release, the released player may go through their home associate and be placed on a recreational roster.

Now if your coach gives you a release then you are considered a "free agent" and can practice with any team. To play in a tournament than you have to get an additional release for each tournament. And from my past experience NTSSA will not give you are release to play in a tournament in which your original team is playing in. A least that has been my experinece as a CL manager for 5 years.

I would always suggest talking with your NTSSA Youth Commissioner on the interpretation of the rules.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 3/25/2011, 6:12 am

I think what Omega means to say is that State Cup is a different animal. There are no "guest players" allowed in State Cup, only rostered players from a competitive roster that is frozen April 1. In other words, if you left Team A today and wished to play State Cup with Team B, that would basically require your coach to do a transfer to said competitive Team B PRIOR to April 1, not a release to rec by NTSSA, in order to accomplish this. In the case of all other tourneys, once you are released to rec, all that is required is a guest player release signed by your home association as the releasing entity (regardless if Team A is playing in said tourney, because you have been released by Team A). However, once released to rec, you cannot get onto any other competitive team's roster for purposes of league play and State Cup, only play as a guest player in a tournament (and practices, etc). You are basically, as stated, a "free agent" until July 1, when you sign another contract.

Just for clarification. I doubt our friend was asking about State Cup ...
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmaduke 3/25/2011, 8:30 am

You will need to use the Guest Player Release Form in the link below. You can be released to participate to guest play in tournaments which allows for practice sessions too.

http://www.ntxsoccer.org/UserFiles/File/youthGuestPlayerForm.pdf

Marmaduke
Marmaduke
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 3/25/2011, 10:23 am

As other posters have mentioned, this is a North Texas issue...not a CL one. I would suggest you call NT if you have specific questions on your situation.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmaduke 3/25/2011, 10:28 am

From the NTSSA Rule Book:
http://www.ntxsoccer.org/assets/pdfs/ntssa_rules_08_01_10.pdf

A competitive (select) player is obligated to his competitive team for the soccer-playing year for competitive players from the time he signs a contract until the end of the subsequent soccer playing year (August 1 of the prior soccer year through June 30 of the current soccer year).

3.10.10 Soccer-Playing Year for Competitive Players
1. NTSSA has established the seasonal year as being from September 1 through August 31 However, these rules provide that a competitive player is a free agent beginning July 1 That player will continue to be a free agent until the player and /or his parents or guardian have signed a contract with a team. The period of August 1 of the prior soccer year through May 31 of the current soccer year is considered the soccer-playing year for competitive players. During the soccer-playing year, players are not allowed to try out, practice, or participate with any other team, unless they are registered as a guest player with another team, in which case the proper release must be signed by all parties. Practice with a team on which a player is registered as a guest player is permitted only if the practice dates are included on the guest player release. A player may practice with another team if he has received a written permission letter signed by his current coach that sets out the dates and the team with which the player will practice.

The player is to give the letter to the coach of the team with which he will be practicing, and he must keep a copy for himself. After May 31 (the end of the soccer-playing year for competitive players), players may practice with other teams without any required release or other permission, although formal tryouts may not be held until July 1. Players wishing to guest play in tournaments must always obtain a properly signed guest player release. (See Rule 4.7.1.) Contracts may be signed beginning July 1, although signing July 1 is not mandatory. After July 1 players who are not or have not been rostered to a team for the current soccer year may sign a contract for the current soccer year at any time. (This does not include indoor soccer.)

2. Failure to comply shall result in sanctions against the offending party (coach, assistant coach, manager, parent, or other team representative), which could include suspension from all soccer activities for a period of time to be determined by the NTSSA Competitive Committee. Allegations against registered youth players are subject to review before punishments are considered and punishment periods are at the discretion of the Youth Commissioner committee hearing such allegations.

NOTE: If a player currently registered to a team and/or his parent should contact a coach, assistant coach, or team manager to try out for another team, the above stated procedure must be followed.
3. If a player is released from a team in accordance with NTSSA rules for releasing competitive players, he/she is a free agent, and is allowed to practice with any team of his/her choosing without a release. The player may not transfer to another competitive team without following the NTSSA guidelines governing transfers.

Marmaduke
Marmaduke
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 3/25/2011, 2:24 pm

Marmaduke wrote:From the NTSSA Rule Book:

A competitive (select) player is obligated to his competitive team for the soccer-playing year for competitive players from the time he signs a contract until the end of the subsequent soccer playing year (August 1 of the prior soccer year through June 30 of the current soccer year).

1. NTSSA has established the seasonal year as being from September 1 through August 31 However, these rules provide that a competitive player is a free agent beginning July 1 That player will continue to be a free agent until the player and /or his parents or guardian have signed a contract with a team. The period of August 1 of the prior soccer year through May 31 of the current soccer year is considered the soccer-playing year for competitive players. During the soccer-playing year, players are not allowed to try out, practice, or participate with any other team, unless they are registered as a guest player with another team, in which case the proper release must be signed by all parties. Practice with a team on which a player is registered as a guest player is permitted only if the practice dates are included on the guest player release. A player may practice with another team if he has received a written permission letter signed by his current coach that sets out the dates and the team with which the player will practice.

The player is to give the letter to the coach of the team with which he will be practicing, and he must keep a copy for himself. After May 31 (the end of the soccer-playing year for competitive players), players may practice with other teams without any required release or other permission, although formal tryouts may not be held until July 1. Players wishing to guest play in tournaments must always obtain a properly signed guest player release. (See Rule 4.7.1.) Contracts may be signed beginning July 1, although signing July 1 is not mandatory. After July 1 players who are not or have not been rostered to a team for the current soccer year may sign a contract for the current soccer year at any time. (This does not include indoor soccer.)

2. Failure to comply shall result in sanctions against the offending party (coach, assistant coach, manager, parent, or other team representative), which could include suspension from all soccer activities for a period of time to be determined by the NTSSA Competitive Committee. Allegations against registered youth players are subject to review before punishments are considered and punishment periods are at the discretion of the Youth Commissioner committee hearing such allegations.

NOTE: If a player currently registered to a team and/or his parent should contact a coach, assistant coach, or team manager to try out for another team, the above stated procedure must be followed.
3. If a player is released from a team in accordance with NTSSA rules for releasing competitive players, he/she is a free agent, and is allowed to practice with any team of his/her choosing without a release. The player may not transfer to another competitive team without following the NTSSA guidelines governing transfers.

Good info, thanks. So can rec teams play in PPL which is considered a competitive league? If so, what would the status be of a player on that rec team? Would they need a release now to practice with a select team?
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 3/25/2011, 2:32 pm

[/quote]Good info, thanks. So can rec teams play in PPL which is considered a competitive league? If so, what would the status be of a player on that rec team? Would they need a release now to practice with a select team?[/quote]

PPL is Plano Premier League which is a competitive league and has nothing to do with rec whatsoever. A player that plays in PPL is under the same contract as someone playing in Classic League.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/25/2011, 4:32 pm

rvpformvp wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:From the NTSSA Rule Book:

Good info, thanks. So can rec teams play in PPL which is considered a competitive league? If so, what would the status be of a player on that rec team? Would they need a release now to practice with a select team?

I guess theoretically they could as rec teams can enter competitive tournaments so I guess they could enter a competitive league. I doubt PPL would accept a rec roster for league play. The team would have to register as a competitive team and thus all rostered players would be competitive players. They would be rostered to that team for the entire soccer year and subject to the same restrictions as contracted players.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by starbucks 3/25/2011, 4:53 pm

To have a team play in the Plano Premier League, they must be a competitive team. An independent team can declare that they will be competitive and file the appropriate paperwork to North Texas by June 15th. They then must follow all the same rules for any other competitive team and have each player sign competitive player contract, build a roster with their chosen home association, and register for the league. PPL would not accept a recreational team in the competitive league.

Once a player releases from a team by April 1 and becomes recreational, they may attend practices at any competitive field of their choosing and will need to provide a copy of the paperwork to the team.. If they play in a tournament with a competitive team, the home association that they are a recreational player for will need to "release them" and approve the appropriate guest player paperwork. Several years ago, I had a competitive player that was released to recreational. Before he could guest play with us, he had to register with his home association as an unassigned recreational player. The home association then signed his guest player release paperwork so that he could attend the tournament with us. This might have changed, but someone "owns" the player... the competitive team, the recreational team, or the home association.
starbucks
starbucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 3/25/2011, 5:01 pm

You will also need to pay a fee (it used to be $25 depending on the rec association) as the rec association will now cover the medical. I would ck with the registrar of the rec association closest to your home.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 3/25/2011, 6:11 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:You will also need to pay a fee (it used to be $25 depending on the rec association) as the rec association will now cover the medical. I would ck with the registrar of the rec association closest to your home.

I'm pretty sure that if you're getting a release to rec, you're already registered through your home association so you don't need to register again. Also, in my past experience, Ronda with North Texas can get guest player releases signed with Evelyn's signature, which in some instances, is way easier than having the home association do it.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down