Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Top 10 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Top 10

+20
slidetackle
incognito
go99
99srule
soctalk
warm-up
99mom
Bonzai
Speedy Gonzales
hookem
sokrmom72
Ibystander
NorthTXWildcat
arsenalfan
omega striker
CLUB31
rip
Ironman67
Eight-Ball
Axxman
24 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Top 10 Empty Top 10

Post by Axxman 8/9/2009, 10:37 pm

Ok, now that people have had a chance to see some of the teams, what would be the Top 10?
Here is my guess for now;
1. Texans Craft - Until proven otherwise
2. Solar Red - Three Number 2s IMO until I've seen these teams play each other.
2. DTS
2. Andromeda Red
5. FCD Suarez
6. Solar Crawford
7. Comets
Seems that after 7 there is a big drop off with some good teams that can't seem to score.
? FCD Saavedra - Good team with potential but lack scorers against better teams?
? Gunners - Don't think they are as good as people expected. Will not beat top teams if they can't score.
Tyler Azurri, FWFC, Chivas, ASG North - Last spot up for grabs? I didn't see these teams play so don't know.
Input please.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Empty Re: Top 10

Post by Eight-Ball 8/9/2009, 11:10 pm

Axxman wrote:Ok, now that people have had a chance to see some of the teams, what would be the Top 10?
Here is my guess for now;
1. Texans Craft - Until proven otherwise
2. Solar Red - Three Number 2s IMO until I've seen these teams play each other.
2. DTS
2. Andromeda Red
5. FCD Suarez
6. Solar Crawford
7. Comets
Seems that after 7 there is a big drop off with some good teams that can't seem to score.
? FCD Saavedra - Good team with potential but lack scorers against better teams?
? Gunners - Don't think they are as good as people expected. Will not beat top teams if they can't score.
Tyler Azurri, FWFC, Chivas, ASG North - Last spot up for grabs? I didn't see these teams play so don't know.
Input please.
I'm almost with you...

• Dallas Texans
  • Solar Red / DTS
  • Andromeda Red
  • FCD

The rest are unproven and are a toss-up to me. I have a hard time putting Andromeda with DTS and Solar Red yet.... I think they are getting closer, but not proven yet (no offense).
Trying to figure out if Comets are just another flavor of the week like FCD Copa and the Gunners.
IMHO - Texans, Solar Red and DTS are by far the most consistent over the past couple of seasons (perhaps years) and Andromeda and FCD will have to really step it up in the fall and spring seasons to catch them.
The fun part is the top twenty will all play each other in the next two seasons and the answer will be be very clear, until then we will all have a great time speculating about it!

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Empty Top 10

Post by Ironman67 8/9/2009, 11:39 pm

Axxman,
I agree with your assesment for now. As far as input goes, I saw ASG play two games. Out of all the teams that qualified round 1 they were the only one with a loss. They beat FC Force 2-0 in a game that was much closer than the final score might indicate, and lost to Club Classic 2-1. Their lone score was on a PK for a penalty in the box. There were a couple teams that had ties that got into D1 in round 1 but nobody else had a loss. Solar Crawford is a very good team as well. I believe they will be somewhere in the top ten at the end of the day. I can't speak to any of the other question mark teams in your top 10 because I have not seen them play recently enough, but ASG seems a bit suspect at this point. Only time will tell ultimately.
Ironman67
Ironman67
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/9/2009, 11:45 pm

Here are the composite results for the U11 D1 teams. This table includes all games from King Tut, Puma Cup and QT.

Top 10 Postqt14
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 8/10/2009, 6:51 am

It does seem like there is a slight dropoff after the top 7
1. DT Craft
2.SolarRED
3.Comets Blue
4FCDallas(SUAREZ)
5DTSouth
6Solar(Crawford)
7. Andro Red
After that, there is another 7-8-teams, then it's the teams left that would have wished they would have been in D2

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/10/2009, 7:30 am

CLUB31 wrote:It does seem like there is a slight dropoff after the top 7
1. DT Craft
2.SolarRED
3.Comets Blue
4FCDallas(SUAREZ)
5DTSouth
6Solar(Crawford)
7. Andro Red
After that, there is another 7-8-teams, then it's the teams left that would have wished they would have been in D2
uhh no way Comets blue gets the #3 spot sorry! I think they are a great team but now way that high!
1.DT(craft)-hands down the best so far!
2.Solar Red/DTS-the two most consistently best teams,both teams have a roster loaded with talent! SR-you can't tell who their dominate players are ever their bench players are fast and skilled! DTS- they have a tight defense,well skilled midfield and a deadly duo of strikers up top with speed and creativity!
3.FCD(suarez)-a proven elite team over the last year,don't let the "hic cup" at the puma cup fool ya! pretty much showed all the haters they are still the top FCD team and still a high scoring threat at anytime! they have a solid physical defense and aggressive midfield and a dynamic duo up top in those two fowards the left one is like a mini C.ronaldo and the right side is like a lil' messi! very electric to watch!
4.Andromeda Red- one win in SDL over FCD(suarez) doesn't give the nod over them? still unproven against the elite but they do play great possesion style soccer,we will see as the season goes on? I do have alot of respect for this team ever since they were River Plate Red!
5.Solar(crawford) all of the sudden have become high scoring machine! lets see if they can be consistent for a bit?
6.Comets Blue-great team that I have had my eye on for a while,they have flown under the radar so-to-speak over the last year but seem to be getting better everytime I see them!
7.FWFC-alot of people forgot about you guys! I didn't,great job this past weekend in the "bracket of death"
8.Chivas-the best independent team hands down,super quick and aggressive! they never give up!
9.Tyler azzuri-solid team with a super talented foward, very fast and physical with a solid defense,watch out for this bunch!
10.Barcelona/Gunners/and FCD Blue
Barcelona is an always scrappy bunch and the little left foward can make you pay bigtime if left alone! Gunners-fast and physical team also with a dangerous left footed foward! and my final pick FCD Blue this is the worst up and down team of them all but when their on they can go round after round with the top teams and then turn around and somehow lost to the #48th team ? I know i know it's crazy but i think when the new coach figures out where to position this bunch they will be very very tough to handle! I will go ahead now and predict the will finish higher then #10
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/10/2009, 7:45 am

omega striker wrote:
1. DT Craft
2.SolarRED
3.Comets Blue
4FCDallas(SUAREZ)
5DTSouth
6Solar(Crawford)
7. Andro Red
uhh no way Comets blue gets the #3 spot sorry! I think they are a great team but now way that high!
2.Solar Red/DTS-the two most consistently best teams,both teams have a roster loaded with talent! SR-you can't tell who their dominate players are ever their bench players are fast and skilled! DTS- they have a tight defense,well skilled midfield and a deadly duo of strikers up top with speed and creativity!
3.FCD(suarez)-a proven elite team over the last year,don't let the "hic cup" at the puma cup fool ya! pretty much showed all the haters they are still the top FCD team and still a high scoring threat at anytime! they have a solid physical defense and aggressive midfield and a dynamic duo up top in those two fowards the left one is like a mini C.ronaldo and the right side is like a lil' messi! very electric to watch!
4.Andromeda Red- one win in SDL over FCD(suarez) doesn't give the nod over them? still unproven against the elite but they do play great possesion style soccer,we will see as the season goes on? I do have alot of respect for this team ever since they were River Plate Red!
5.Solar(crawford) all of the sudden have become high scoring machine! lets see if they can be consistent for a bit?
6.Comets Blue-great team that I have had my eye on for a while,they have flown under the radar so-to-speak over the last year but seem to be getting better everytime I see them!
7.FWFC-alot of people forgot about you guys! I didn't,great job this past weekend in the "bracket of death"
8.Chivas-the best independent team hands down,super quick and aggressive! they never give up!
9.Tyler azzuri-solid team with a super talented foward, very fast and physical with a solid defense,watch out for this bunch!
Barcelona is an always scrappy bunch and the little left foward can make you pay bigtime if left alone! Gunners-fast and physical team also with a dangerous left footed foward! and my final pick FCD Blue this is the worst up and down team of them all but when their on they can go round after round with the top teams and then turn around and somehow lost to the #48th team ? I know i know it's crazy but i think when the new coach figures out where to position this bunch they will be very very tough to handle! I will go ahead now and predict the will finish higher then #10
Comets beat 3 teams during the tournament
Gunners(overranked beacse of one tournament result) 3-1
Texas Titans (who will finish is D2) 3-1
FC Dallas Podock (will play Plano) 5-0
Harldy enough playing to rank them #3 sorry. If ther are #3 there must really be a lot of mediocre teams out there.
Wow they need spell checker on this site rabbit

Last edited by arsenalfan on 8/10/2009, 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/10/2009, 8:14 am

arsenalfan wrote:
omega striker wrote:
1. DT Craft
2.SolarRED
3.Comets Blue
4FCDallas(SUAREZ)
5DTSouth
6Solar(Crawford)
7. Andro Red
Comets beat 3 teams during the rournament
Gunners-everranked beacse of one torunament resuls 3-1
Texas Titals (who will finihs is D2) 3-1
Harley eneough playing to rank them #3 sorry. If ther are #3 there must really be a lot of mediocre teams out there.
I think Comets' stock is up based on how they came out and played against the Gunners. They fought hard and it resulted in a victory. They are playing very well and definitely deserve to be given credit for their successes. They've only lost 1 game as a Select team and that was against another D1 (Gunners).

Any top 10 list is much too subjective for so many reasons. We all know who the top teams are and on any given day anything can happen. Personally, I think looking at results gives a much more clear (and objective) view of where a team really stands.

Top 10 Postqt14
Table 1 - D1 Team Results from July 1
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthTXWildcat 8/10/2009, 8:47 am

1. DT Craft
2.SolarRED
3.Comets Blue
4FCDallas(SUAREZ)
5DTSouth
6Solar(Crawford)
7. Andro Red
lol! Comets #3? Put down the pipe. They don't break the top 5.
Texans
Texans South
Solar Red
FCD Dallas Suarez
Andromeda Red
Solar Crawford
FWFC
Chivas CD
Comets Blue
NorthTXWildcat
NorthTXWildcat
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/10/2009, 10:19 am

NorthTXWildcat wrote:
1. DT Craft
2.SolarRED
3.Comets Blue
4FCDallas(SUAREZ)
5DTSouth
6Solar(Crawford)
7. Andro Red
lol! Comets #3? Put down the pipe. They don't break the top 5.
Texans
Texans South
Solar Red
FCD Dallas Suarez
Andromeda Red
Solar Crawford
FWFC
Chivas CD
Comets Blue
Texans South #2? you put down the pipe! tongue
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrmom72 8/10/2009, 10:35 am

Glad to see you're not mouthing off either........... Wink

sokrmom72
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 8/10/2009, 11:05 am

Andomena Red does not belong in that group.
Texan(Craft), Soar Red are in a group of two
FCDallas(Suarez), Texas South, Comets Blue are the next group
Chivas, Anromena Red and maybe Solar(Crawford) all in the next group
It's up in the air after that. Will re-send this post in December. The lack of objectivity with these predictions is just pathetic .

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/10/2009, 11:17 am

1. DT Craft
2.SolarRED
3.Comets Blue
4FCDallas(SUAREZ)
5DTSouth
6Solar(Crawford)
7. Andro Red

what are you smoking, comets blue at 3...LOL! Comets may be around 12-15 or so, gunners are still a better team. LOL! flavor at the month club.
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/10/2009, 11:21 am

rip wrote:
arsenalfan wrote:
omega striker wrote:
1. DT Craft
2.SolarRED
3.Comets Blue
4FCDallas(SUAREZ)
5DTSouth
6Solar(Crawford)
7. Andro Red
Harley eneough playing to rank them #3 sorry. If ther are #3 there must really be a lot of mediocre teams out there.
I think Comets' stock is up based on how they came out and played against the Gunners. They fought hard and it resulted in a victory. They are playing very well and definitely deserve to be given credit for their successes. They've only lost 1 game as a Select team and that was against another D1 (Gunners).

Any top 10 list is much too subjective for so many reasons. We all know who the top teams are and on any given day anything can happen. Personally, I think looking at results gives a much more clear (and objective) view of where a team really stands.

Top 10 Postqt14

/agree
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/10/2009, 11:37 am

CLUB31 wrote:Andomena Red does not belong in that group.
It's up in the air after that. Will re-send this post in December. The lack of objectivity with these predictions is just pathetic .
Hey Clubman, 99s wouldn't take my bet this past weekend, perhaps you want a little action? My bet is that Andro Red beats Comets blue, FCD Suarez, and Chivas, and it will be a dog fight with DTS and Solar Red. I actually think we'll beat Solar Red based on the play I saw this weekend. I'm making the picks and the odds are against us, so give me odds and pick the amount.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 8/10/2009, 11:55 am

rip wrote:
arsenalfan wrote:
omega striker wrote:
1. DT Craft
2.SolarRED
3.Comets Blue
4FCDallas(SUAREZ)
5DTSouth
6Solar(Crawford)
7. Andro Red

Top 10 Postqt14

Neat chart but your "objective" look at results is only as good as the accuracy of the stats you post. One glaring mistake is the Texans Connell team--they had two ties, one in each round of this tournament.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/10/2009, 12:12 pm

We adults should learn to be more patient. Whatever happened to the wait and see mentality? For one, many of you seem to forget that the tournaments leading up to these rankings all involved help from guest players. One or two guest players can sometimes give that team a huge boost. This year, there'll be NO guest players, so wait and see what happens. Also, there have also been roster changes with teams losing or adding on players. It's pretty exciting to sit back, relax, and watch all this bickering going on. I'm hitting the gym, so the next time a parent smarts off to me... pirat
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/10/2009, 12:36 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:Neat chart but your "objective" look at results is only as good as the accuracy of the stats you post. One glaring mistake is the Texans Connell team--they had two ties, one in each round of this tournament.
Good catch.... Thanks! The attempt is for it to be objective and just provide the only data that really matters in this discussion.

At the end of the Spring '10 season, I doubt the Classic League will be asking Axgrinder for his opinion on who should be in D1 vs. D2 vs. D3. Methinks the Classic League will be looking at a chart that is very similar to the "vs D1" section of this one to select their invitees for the '10-'11 season.

Here is a corrected (and expanded) version.

Top 10 U11-ex12
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/10/2009, 12:40 pm

Ibystander wrote:We adults should learn to be more patient. Whatever happened to the wait and see mentality? For one, many of you seem to forget that the tournaments leading up to these rankings all involved help from guest players. One or two guest players can sometimes give that team a huge boost. This year, there'll be NO guest players, so wait and see what happens. Also, there have also been roster changes with teams losing or adding on players. It's pretty exciting to sit back, relax, and watch all this bickering going on. I'm hitting the gym, so the next time a parent smarts off to me... pirat
Good points on the buildup to pre-July . The data in the results table posted only involves games from the post-signing period (Puma Cup, King Tut and QT). It still isn't a very large data set, but it is a record of what has transpired to this point. The Labor Day tourneys should help to clarify the picture further.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/10/2009, 12:44 pm

rip wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:Neat chart but your "objective" look at results is only as good as the accuracy of the stats you post. One glaring mistake is the Texans Connell team--they had two ties, one in each round of this tournament.
Good catch.... Thanks! The attempt is for it to be objective and just provide the only data that really matters in this discussion.

At the end of the Spring '10 season, I doubt the Classic League will be asking Axgrinder for his opinion on who should be in D1 vs. D2 vs. D3. Methinks the Classic League will be looking at a chart that is very similar to the "vs D1" section of this one to select their invitees for the '10-'11 season.

Top 10 U11-ex12

what, you mean Axx doesn't have a vote on the Classic League board? Man, from the way he posts he appears to know how everything will play out.
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/10/2009, 1:01 pm

hookem wrote:
rip wrote:

Top 10 U11-ex12

what, you mean Axx doesn't have a vote on the Classic League board? Man, from the way he posts he appears to know how everything will play out.
I always enjoy how two parents on the same team play of each other. You guys aren't the ones that were jumping up and down on the sidelines are you? C'mon Rip, if you are going to be the keeper of the facts, you are going to have to be more accurate. As far as my opinions, they will not be necessary, as results speak for themselves, much like this past weekend, something that you guys don't want to accept.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/10/2009, 1:03 pm

Axxman wrote:
Hey Clubman, 99s wouldn't take my bet this past weekend, perhaps you want a little action? My bet is that Andro Red beats Comets blue, FCD Suarez, and Chivas, and it will be a dog fight with DTS and Solar Red. I actually think we'll beat Solar Red based on the play I saw this weekend. I'm making the picks and the odds are against us, so give me odds and pick the amount.
whoa whoa there partner i think after watching Andro Red play this past weekend Solar Red will actually fair better against them then what I thought! both teams have a great ball control and passing game but the advantage still goes to SR, defense is about equal,but in the shooting department hands down goes to SR but this should be a great game to watch either way cause' you will see a great game of "soccer" being played! i think in this game the team who makes the least amount of mistakes will win!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/10/2009, 1:15 pm

omega striker wrote:
Axxman wrote:
whoa whoa there partner i think after watching Andro Red play this past weekend Solar Red will actually fair better against them then what I thought! both teams have a great ball control and passing game but the advantage still goes to SR, defense is about equal,but in the shooting department hands down goes to SR but this should be a great game to watch either way cause' you will see a great game of "soccer" being played! i think in this game the team who makes the least amount of mistakes will win!
Omega, I think we are on the same page, I'm just providing my biased opinion and will be looking forward to the actual game. I have the inside scoop on SR so we'll have an edge from the get go, lol...........

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/10/2009, 1:18 pm

Axxman wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Axxman wrote:
Omega, I think we are on the same page, I'm just providing my biased opinion and will be looking forward to the actual game. I have the inside scoop on SR so we'll have an edge from the get go, lol...........
LOL I gotcha sir! good luck and like I said either way that is going to be the gam of the week maybe even season between those two! hopefully all players are there and healthy and ready to go for that game!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/10/2009, 1:18 pm

Axxman wrote:
hookem wrote:
rip wrote:

Top 10 U11-ex12

I always enjoy how two parents on the same team play of each other. You guys aren't the ones that were jumping up and down on the sidelines are you? C'mon Rip, if you are going to be the keeper of the facts, you are going to have to be more accurate. As far as my opinions, they will not be necessary, as results speak for themselves, much like this past weekend, something that you guys don't want to accept.
Like I said, I'm just trying to provide an impartial and objective, 40-foot view of where teams stand at a point in time. All this complex, strategy talk about "getting out-coached", "necessary adjustments" and "gift-wrapped goals" is way over my head. I'll leave the "heavy-lifting" to experts such as yourself.

And as far as accuracy goes, ya gets what ya pays for. I do however, provide full refunds....
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum