Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Top 10 - Page 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Top 10

+20
slidetackle
incognito
go99
99srule
soctalk
warm-up
99mom
Bonzai
Speedy Gonzales
hookem
sokrmom72
Ibystander
NorthTXWildcat
arsenalfan
omega striker
CLUB31
rip
Ironman67
Eight-Ball
Axxman
24 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Top 10 - Page 5 Empty Re: Top 10

Post by swindler 8/18/2009, 3:55 pm

Ibystander wrote:That's just it. They signed on quite a few new players, and I believe the coach is trying to find a good position for everyone. He's a great coach, and I hope that he stays firm on the positions he thinks is best for the player and not let the parents do the choosing...
Just my opinion, but a great coach won't take a U11 player and stick him in one position. If he's interested in developing players, he should still be moving them around the field so they learn the game. Unless, of course, we're measuring how "great" a coach is by how many wins his team gets.

Hopefully, that's what your great coach is doing.

swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonzai 8/18/2009, 4:03 pm

swindler wrote:
Ibystander wrote:That's just it. They signed on quite a few new players, and I believe the coach is trying to find a good position for everyone. He's a great coach, and I hope that he stays firm on the positions he thinks is best for the player and not let the parents do the choosing...
Just my opinion, but a great coach won't take a U11 player and stick him in one position. If he's interested in developing players, he should still be moving them around the field so they learn the game. Unless, of course, we're measuring how "great" a coach is by how many wins his team gets.

I thought I saw the kid who normally plays central defender playing forward in the QT, so it appears that he may still be moving kids around.

Bonzai
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/18/2009, 4:10 pm

slidetackle wrote:All this whoopie doo about FC blue is making me bored. Your only claim to fame is that YOU believe you played well against the Texans. Your team got knocked out early in many tournaments where others have gone on to compete in final matches. When you become consistent and your BB's earn some hardware then come blow your horn. For now keep practicing. Seriously good luck but get over yourself!!
it's no wooptie doo it's just they had some changes and lost a few games and people say their done? Rolling Eyes they are still very talented and the new coach could care less about what everybody thinks his job is to make this boys and this team the best he can and try and teach them more about the game of soccer! you guys can say what you want but time will tell on this one! Wink
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/18/2009, 4:13 pm

Axxman wrote:Omega, I would be interested to see what you think the top 10 will look like by the end of the season. I know it's early, but just curious to see you opinion?
ok! cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by incognito 8/18/2009, 4:20 pm

omega striker wrote:
slidetackle wrote:All this whoopie doo about FC blue is making me bored. Your only claim to fame is that YOU believe you played well against the Texans. Your team got knocked out early in many tournaments where others have gone on to compete in final matches. When you become consistent and your BB's earn some hardware then come blow your horn. For now keep practicing. Seriously good luck but get over yourself!!
it's no wooptie doo it's just they had some changes and lost a few games and people say their done? Rolling Eyes they are still very talented and the new coach could care less about what everybody thinks his job is to make this boys and this team the best he can and try and teach them more about the game of soccer! you guys can say what you want but time will tell on this one! Wink
omega...hmmmm, teaching the game of soccer, now that sounds like a novel idea! i thought everyone on this site only cares about wins and losses, not development. it seems like any team that loses a game or has a bad tourney, or cant put the ball in the net one weekend, is all of a sudden not a D1 team. i just could not imagine that a team that had a bad QT or Tut tourney or any other one since signing day could possibly ascend to the level of the top 3 or 4 (unamed) teams... based on what is usually posted on this site, there should only be 5 teams in D1 and everyone else should go play in the PPL.

incognito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/18/2009, 4:42 pm

incognito wrote:
omega striker wrote:
omega...hmmmm, teaching the game of soccer, now that sounds like a novel idea! i thought everyone on this site only cares about wins and losses, not development. it seems like any team that loses a game or has a bad tourney, or cant put the ball in the net one weekend, is all of a sudden not a D1 team. i just could not imagine that a team that had a bad QT or Tut tourney or any other one since signing day could possibly ascend to the level of the top 3 or 4 (unamed) teams... based on what is usually posted on this site, there should only be 5 teams in D1 and everyone else should go play in the PPL.
I hear ya! but i guess i'm just not wording it correctly? I understand the thinking but I know what we all expect to see and want to see which is results! it is what it is so with that being said i still think the 99' group is the most talented age group ever and I sure hope it's a dogfight all thruout the year so my prediction will be valid! i think even the teams that drop to D2 next year will be strong enough to kock off D1 teams in tournaments and not one of these teams can be overlooked!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by incognito 8/18/2009, 4:53 pm

omega striker wrote:
incognito wrote:
omega striker wrote:
I hear ya! but i guess i'm just not wording it correctly? I understand the thinking but I know what we all expect to see and want to see which is results! it is what it is so with that being said i still think the 99' group is the most talented age group ever and I sure hope it's a dogfight all thruout the year so my prediction will be valid! i think even the teams that drop to D2 next year will be strong enough to kock off D1 teams in tournaments and not one of these teams can be overlooked!
omega - well said, definitely agree about the talent in the 99 group, no solar 98's this year!

incognito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/18/2009, 5:06 pm

swindler wrote:

There's nothing wrong with player development, as long as you don't develop them into D3 Exclamation
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/18/2009, 8:45 pm

I think it is actually others that should get over themselves. I think FCD blue is at the bottom of the top 10 or at the top of the bottom 10. No confusion there. Not sure why everyone else is so insistant that they be at the bottom of D1 just as they were so sure that they would be in D2. Here we are in D1 and unlike most teams, everyone played and most played equal time. Even at times it seemed to hurt the onfield play with the substitutions we still managed to qualify D1 and kept the integrity of developing over winning. So instead of FCD blue getting over itself maybe everyone else should try to figure out why all of the hate. It's not new, we have had 2 seasons of hate, doubt and excuses. Wins and ties are written up with asteriks and loses are looked at as confirmation. As far as the team goes, returned 10 players and yes had the opportunity to bring on some great talent and lost a few great kids because the club decided to stay loyal to the original players. The team is faster than it was in the past but very incosistant with many of the kids learning a completely different style soccer and learning to stick with it.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/18/2009, 9:45 pm

In the words of the infamous Rip; blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah and some more blahs

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/18/2009, 9:52 pm

Axxman wrote:In the words of the infamous Rip; blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah and some more blahs
In the famous words of and1 "Let the haters be you motivators" lol Razz
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 8/18/2009, 10:10 pm

go99 wrote:
I think it is actually others that should get over themselves. I think FCD blue is at the bottom of the top 10 or at the top of the bottom 10. No confusion there. Not sure why everyone else is so insistant that they be at the bottom of D1 just as they were so sure that they would be in D2. Here we are in D1 and unlike most teams, everyone played and most played equal time. Even at times it seemed to hurt the onfield play with the substitutions we still managed to qualify D1 and kept the integrity of developing over winning. So instead of FCD blue getting over itself maybe everyone else should try to figure out why all of the hate. It's not new, we have had 2 seasons of hate, doubt and excuses. Wins and ties are written up with asteriks and loses are looked at as confirmation. As far as the team goes, returned 10 players and yes had the opportunity to bring on some great talent and lost a few great kids because the club decided to stay loyal to the original players. The team is faster than it was in the past but very incosistant with many of the kids learning a completely different style soccer and learning to stick with it.
To be honest, your the one putting the asteriks. We are at the bottom, but its because we have a new coach, a new system, new players, lost old players, we play our players equally - oh... but did I tell you, we tied Dynamo way back when! I read your post about Texans being unproven because they have a new coach, a new style of play and they are not Dynamo any more - guess what, I don't think anyone will care the first time they lose a game. I also bet they will not jump on this website and say "oh... but do you remember when we tied FCD Copa". You loved it when everyone was jumping on your bandwagon, stop feeling sorry for yourself now that you have come back to reality.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 8/18/2009, 10:31 pm

omega striker wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
99srule wrote:OK, FCD Blues fans, here is the scoop - your greatest claim to fame is getting a draw against Dynamo -since then you have done nothing but lose and tell people how good you can be. WAKE UP PEOPLE, your not that good, get over yourself! Win a few games and then open your mouths.
Texans, Andromeda and Solar - please do us a favor and clobber these guys!
FCD blue did something that many clubs out there couldn't...tie the dyanmos three times last season. And each time, it was a pure joy to watch. I wouldn't say it's a claim to fame, but it shows that they can play ball. My BB is not there this year, but who knows for next year? As long as my BB ENJOYS the game, then everyone's happy. He actually loves to play the toughest teams, so we will try to keep him in D1. If your BB happens to clobber him along the way, well, that's ok, too!
Playing for a tie was "a pure joy"--are you kidding? Packing 7 or 8 defenders in the box just so you can say you tied the Texans/Dynamo is not my idea of a good time. Other teams that lost to the Dynamo did so at least trying to score. You guys were playing for a "moral victory" which I'm pretty sure still counts as a "D" in tournament standings. At least the top 10 in D1, if not more, could also hang with Dynamo if they packed 8 in the box too. Enjoy your ties.
which games was this? I saw both games in SDL and FCD blue was winning 1-0 in one of them before Dynamo got the hail mary goal to tie it!
yea FCD Blue had some great talent come and go but they just have to figure out who plays where and i think they will finish in the top 10!
Sorry, just saw this question. Can't speak to the SDL. Only saw the Memorial Day Cup and that game certainly looked like playing for the tie. Reminded me of rec soccer when an outmatched team keeps everybody back on defense except for a lone forward to chase down a ball that's booted clear. That seemed to be the only effort by Blue to score in the MDC.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/18/2009, 11:08 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
99srule wrote:OK, FCD Blues fans, here is the scoop - your greatest claim to fame is getting a draw against Dynamo -since then you have done nothing but lose and tell people how good you can be. WAKE UP PEOPLE, your not that good, get over yourself! Win a few games and then open your mouths.
FCD blue did something that many clubs out there couldn't...tie the dyanmos three times last season. And each time, it was a pure joy to watch. I wouldn't say it's a claim to fame, but it shows that they can play ball. My BB is not there this year, but who knows for next year? As long as my BB ENJOYS the game, then everyone's happy. He actually loves to play the toughest teams, so we will try to keep him in D1. If your BB happens to clobber him along the way, well, that's ok, too!
Playing for a tie was "a pure joy"--are you kidding? Packing 7 or 8 defenders in the box just so you can say you tied the Texans/Dynamo is not my idea of a good time. Other teams that lost to the Dynamo did so at least trying to score. You guys were playing for a "moral victory" which I'm pretty sure still counts as a "D" in tournament standings. At least the top 10 in D1, if not more, could also hang with Dynamo if they packed 8 in the box too. Enjoy your ties.
which games was this? I saw both games in SDL and FCD blue was winning 1-0 in one of them before Dynamo got the hail mary goal to tie it!
yea FCD Blue had some great talent come and go but they just have to figure out who plays where and i think they will finish in the top 10!
Sorry, just saw this question. Can't speak to the SDL. Only saw the Memorial Day Cup and that game certainly looked like playing for the tie. Reminded me of rec soccer when an outmatched team keeps everybody back on defense except for a lone forward to chase down a ball that's booted clear. That seemed to be the only effort by Blue to score in the MDC.
The formation never changed in that game and the only thing that did was the coached explained what the Texans were doing to move the ball and how to stop it. He told the outside players to push the play inside and force them to move thru the middle. They were unable to advance the ball thru the middle. You see 8 players and playing for a tie because that's what you choose to believe. They are a better team, but the simple fact is the differences between all of the 99 teams is not as far as you would like to believe. Only parents and small minded coaches would play for a tie. 10 yr old don't play for ties, they always try as hard as they can and they all played a very hard game. The parents provided the excuses.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/18/2009, 11:16 pm

Eight-Ball wrote:
go99 wrote:
To be honest, your the one putting the asteriks. We are at the bottom, but its because we have a new coach, a new system, new players, lost old players, we play our players equally - oh... but did I tell you, we tied Dynamo way back when! I read your post about Texans being unproven because they have a new coach, a new style of play and they are not Dynamo any more - guess what, I don't think anyone will care the first time they lose a game. I also bet they will not jump on this website and say "oh... but do you remember when we tied FCD Copa". You loved it when everyone was jumping on your bandwagon, stop feeling sorry for yourself now that you have come back to reality.
Playing players equally is not an asterik, it's a good thing. We are #16 when many said we would not be in D1. We may rise as high as 8 and don't expect much lower than 14. No asteriks or excuses, we have wons some, tied others, and lost some and always got the result we deserved. It's not the horrible team of loser kids who lack the talent to play in D1 that has been reported. I decided not to take my bb to a few higher ranking teams because he plays a very significant part on the team and is learning to play some great soccer. I am also smart enough to know that nobody is looking for great teams, they are looking for great players.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 8/18/2009, 11:50 pm

go99 wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
Ibystander wrote:
The formation never changed in that game and the only thing that did was the coached explained what the Texans were doing to move the ball and how to stop it. He told the outside players to push the play inside and force them to move thru the middle. They were unable to advance the ball thru the middle. You see 8 players and playing for a tie because that's what you choose to believe. They are a better team, but the simple fact is the differences between all of the 99 teams is not as far as you would like to believe. Only parents and small minded coaches would play for a tie. 10 yr old don't play for ties, they always try as hard as they can and they all played a very hard game. The parents provided the excuses.

Ok! time to chime in! coaches often play for ties . It's a business. Craft was the master of this just check his 97's. The dynamo team doesn't exist . Preston's style and the texans (no not Craft) the texans are polar opposites. I doubt they have many young 99's (not their style) they will run it down your throat and try to beat you w/speed and a physical pressence . The difference is this team can also possess.Good coaches take what they have and get the most out of them . In the case of the 99's he just happend to inheirt the best team.With the 97's that was not the case thanks to Hasssan, but he took what he had and kept them in d-1.Where the 99's are concerned. This is not the same team blue beat ,tied. Craft was a little "Crafty" and hid some of these players . No one has seen them yet. Another texan staple.

All you Newbies are cought up in who's the best team . Who gives a rats arse? Who's the best " SOCCER" players ? thats the list I want my bb to be on..
If FCD was to consolidate their 4 d-1 teams I have no doubt they could run w/ anyone.
Wait a minute ??? they did this . It's called the jr's and not a team in dallas can play at their level . Records don't lie.
For those slammin??? the good players will end up there . Don't belive me, give the texans 96 red a call , while your at it call the 95's too.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/19/2009, 7:42 am

plantit wrote:
go99 wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
Ibystander wrote:

Ok! time to chime in! coaches often play for ties . It's a business. Craft was the master of this just check his 97's. The dynamo team doesn't exist . Preston's style and the texans (no not Craft) the texans are polar opposites. I doubt they have many young 99's (not their style) they will run it down your throat and try to beat you w/speed and a physical pressence . The difference is this team can also possess.Good coaches take what they have and get the most out of them . In the case of the 99's he just happend to inheirt the best team.With the 97's that was not the case thanks to Hasssan, but he took what he had and kept them in d-1.Where the 99's are concerned. This is not the same team blue beat ,tied. Craft was a little "Crafty" and hid some of these players . No one has seen them yet. Another texan staple.

All you Newbies are cought up in who's the best team . Who gives a rats arse? Who's the best " SOCCER" players ? thats the list I want my bb to be on..
If FCD was to consolidate their 4 d-1 teams I have no doubt they could run w/ anyone.
Wait a minute ??? they did this . It's called the jr's and not a team in dallas can play at their level . Records don't lie.
For those slammin??? the good players will end up there . Don't belive me, give the texans 96 red a call , while your at it call the 95's too.
ouch! lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FCDY99_Fan 8/19/2009, 8:52 am

lol!

FCDY99_Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/19/2009, 9:10 am

Ok Plantit, so the question still remains; If your beloved Figo decided to move to another club (because he got a better offer, or whatever the reason), would you and your bb follow?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/19/2009, 9:13 am

Axxman wrote:Ok Plantit, so the question still remains; If your beloved Figo decided to move to another club (because he got a better offer, or whatever the reason), would you and your bb follow?
don't know about Plantit but if I hadn't got the coach I did we were leaving the club. I do like figo but we couldn't make it out for the practices. The coaching matters.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/19/2009, 9:26 am

go99 wrote:don't know about Plantit but if I hadn't got the coach I did we were leaving the club. I do like figo but we couldn't make it out for the practices. The coaching matters.
You didn't get a coach.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/19/2009, 9:30 am

rip wrote:
go99 wrote:don't know about Plantit but if I hadn't got the coach I did we were leaving the club. I do like figo but we couldn't make it out for the practices. The coaching matters.
You didn't get a coach.
No but I did get one for my son. He just plays and I have to deal with the dicisions on where he plays. He would be happy playing with texans, solar, in a park somewhere, or during lunch at school. He just wants to play.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/19/2009, 10:15 am

plantit wrote:
go99 wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
Ibystander wrote:

That's what we're waiting for, consolidation. Too bad FCD didn't do it this year, they could have had a formidable team. It'll be fun, anyway, to watch how all this plays out.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 8/19/2009, 10:48 am

If or when FCDallas(Suarez) finishes out of the top 5 this year they will combine to form the best team possible. It was obvious they were not going to even let better players break into that team. Losing will change that attitude. Now if they win...well, Fcdallas 2nd,3rd,4th teams will all be playing in d2 next year.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/19/2009, 12:00 pm

So which are you hoping for?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/19/2009, 12:24 pm

What everyone seems to forget is the magic word and master plan of every large club out there. "REVENUE". The reason why the did not split the FC Dallas teams and the entire Dynamo team became Craft and entire Densk team became Connell was not judged on the ability of the individual players. It was to maintain numbers within the organization for a few years.
If they consolidate and break teams up players will move to other clubs, etc. or drop out. Thus loss of revenue to that club. If they keep everyone together in their comfort zone for the first year or 2 or 3, they are able to get more families to stay with that organization. Proven fact.
Oce the kids start to shine and get moved around within the organization after a year or 2 or 3, the teams end up like they want them and they get to keep the revenue during that time. Players that do not excel will quit soccer or realize that competitive is not their thing or they realize that they are just not that good. BUT the organizations have sucked their unknowing, overzealous parents out of $7,500 after 3 years instead of $2,500 after one year.
"It's just Business"

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum