Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

A "New" Rumor - Classic League Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

A "New" Rumor - Classic League

+26
Rock
Rightback
eagle
Freeatlast
Soccerinsanity
eredivisie
M Patient
happyfeet
THE NEEDLE
soccerrus2
afrankw
ball-coise is mhath
omega striker
Axxman
Ed
A2A1
soccergrinder
off_the_woodwork
finish1
SoccerNutz07
The German
bootit
go99
Ibystander
plantit
FlatBack4
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A "New" Rumor - Classic League Empty A "New" Rumor - Classic League

Post by FlatBack4 6/4/2011, 10:23 pm

A year ago, I heard a rumor (see http://www.txsoccer.info/t794-kevin-smudger-smith).

Now, I just heard another rumor, but this one is about Classic League, and you just are not going to believe it.

Prepare yourself.... Life as you know it, well... NTX soccer life as you know it, may be about to change.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

A "New" Rumor - Classic League Empty Re: A "New" Rumor - Classic League

Post by plantit 6/4/2011, 10:29 pm

I'm pissin my pants
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 6/4/2011, 10:46 pm

So, what was the rumor, again? Was KS really a douchebag or not?

Can't let the German bypass me!
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/4/2011, 11:24 pm

so what's the new rumor? Is it KS related and yes he was a DB
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 6/4/2011, 11:28 pm

go99 wrote:so what's the new rumor? Is it KS related and yes he was a DB
Urban Dictionary: douchebag
1. Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached f*cker or motherf*cker

That's not nice!
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/4/2011, 11:35 pm

oh based on that definition he is not a DB. Twisted Evil
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bootit 6/4/2011, 11:52 pm

go99 wrote:oh based on that definition he is not a DB. Twisted Evil

There is truth to most rumors and we know the KS rumors came to fruition so please do tell...and thanks for the link and the walk down memory lane. Ahhh, N. Texas soccer at its best.
bootit
bootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 6/5/2011, 8:01 am

Come on tell us. The suspence is killing me.

I need to pass Ibystander.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerNutz07 6/5/2011, 8:19 am

Ibystander wrote:
Urban Dictionary: douchebag
1. Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached f*cker or motherf*cker

That's not nice!

I believe he has reached and surpassed the f-ing part. There isn't anything this guy won't do. He is not only a DB but a F-ing DB.
SoccerNutz07
SoccerNutz07
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 6/5/2011, 9:24 am

No. It has nothing to do with KS. This is a completely new "rumor" that does not involve any of the coaches... well... not in a "DB" capacity anyway. If you want to continue ragging on KS re. the other "rumor", then go to that thread.

This thread is all about the future, ummm... or more specifically, the near-future, of Classic League.

If this rumor comes true, and history shows I'm pretty selective at which rumors I pick to post online, they may make a movie about this one.

Remember, I'm the guy that first posted about CL adding a D3, about a new "Academy League" coming in and taking away many of the top teams out of D1, about Andro's future money problems (that was way back when they picked up Sammy, then re-enforced when they picked up Riverplate, then re-re-enfornced after the first year of Academy.) I would have been the first to mention the new "Elite" thing, but it shouldn't have been surprising to anyone that knows what's really going on in NTX between the new 800-pound gorilla in the room (aka FCD) and the Texans.

I can't, or actually won't, say what the rumor is right now. You see, the "final" decision hasn't been made. The preliminary vote, so to speak, by those involved, supports the change, but a "cooling off period" was recommended by cooler heads before the move was made. Hell, it may not even happen this year because July 1 is looming. Are CL meetings public, or always private, and why doesn't everyone that's part of CL management get to attend? I just love it when what appears to be an organizational democracy is really totalitarian.

If you want a hint... ok...

Think about what Classic League is about and what they bring to the table. Then think, less is more, more or less.

Oh yeah... then there's another rumor coming down soon that involves the NCAA, but I'll leave that one alone for now. I had an extensive rant on this one once upon a time back on TM.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 6/5/2011, 9:37 am

FCD has been saying for years their ultimate goal is to bring the European system of player development into NTX. In that scenario, yes CL is less, more or less.

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 6/5/2011, 9:54 am

FlatBack4 wrote:

No. It has nothing to do with KS. This is a completely new "rumor" that does not involve any of the coaches... well... not in a "DB" capacity anyway. If you want to continue ragging on KS re. the other "rumor", then go to that thread.

This thread is all about the future, ummm... or more specifically, the near-future, of Classic League.

If this rumor comes true, and history shows I'm pretty selective at which rumors I pick to post online, they may make a movie about this one.

Remember, I'm the guy that first posted about CL adding a D3, about a new "Academy League" coming in and taking away many of the top teams out of D1, about Andro's future money problems (that was way back when they picked up Sammy, then re-enforced when they picked up Riverplate, then re-re-enfornced after the first year of Academy.) I would have been the first to mention the new "Elite" thing, but it shouldn't have been surprising to anyone that knows what's really going on in NTX between the new 800-pound gorilla in the room (aka FCD) and the Texans.

I can't, or actually won't, say what the rumor is right now. You see, the "final" decision hasn't been made. The preliminary vote, so to speak, by those involved, supports the change, but a "cooling off period" was recommended by cooler heads before the move was made. Hell, it may not even happen this year because July 1 is looming. Are CL meetings public, or always private, and why doesn't everyone that's part of CL management get to attend? I just love it when what appears to be an organizational democracy is really totalitarian.

Think about what Classic League is about and what they bring to the table. Then think, less is more, more or less.

Oh yeah... then there's another rumor coming down soon that involves the NCAA, but I'll leave that one alone for now. I had an extensive rant on this one once upon a time back on TM.

I love FB4's rumors - mostly because as he said there is always something to them. Just knowing that makes things funner on this board.

Without knowing anything - I am just going to throw a wild guess out there. Don't start quoting this as RUMOR, because there is nothing behind it other than my semi-bored youth soccer brain stirring.

My guess: CCSAI will return Classic League back to 2 divisions per age group due to the dilution in talent on "normal" club teams caused by the suckage of so much talent into academy and now the pre-academy systems. This in an attempt to restore Classic League to some sort of resemblence of "status". One catch, CCSAI will also raise fees accordingly so that no revenue is lost from having less teams.

BTW, other than the higher fees part, I would be FOR such a move. The parking lot at Richland is too dam crowded most Saturdays...

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 6/5/2011, 10:39 am

FlatBack4 wrote:

Back in the day Classic League provided THE league for competitive soccer players to play in from U11 through U18. For many years it was THE league in North Texas. A couple of years ago U16 and up was eliminated (DA). So it evolved into THE league for U11 through U15. Now it will become THE league to play in from U11 to U12 with U13 through U15 moving to PA. Less is more. Hmmmm. What if you eliminated A club from the mix?

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 6/5/2011, 10:57 am

There is only one "club" in NTX; FCD. Everyone else is an "independent." FB4, are you saying the Gorilla's cozy relationship with HN is a bit more than friendly?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 6/5/2011, 11:31 am

finish1 wrote:There is only one "club" in NTX; FCD. Everyone else is an "independent." FB4, are you saying the Gorilla's cozy relationship with HN is a bit more than friendly?

No, I'm not saying that.

As with there being only one "club" in NTX, I don't really agree completely. There actually may be more.... or less. (hehe)
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 6/5/2011, 11:35 am

So coy hehe What a Face
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2A1 6/5/2011, 11:36 am

FlatBack4 wrote:If this rumor comes true, and history shows I'm pretty selective at which rumors I pick to post online, they may make a movie about this one.
True enough, exceppt this time you haven't posted any rumor, just a lot of vague circular talk that says very little. If you're not going to actually tell us what the rumor is, what is the purpose of posting anything at all ?? Question

A2A1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 6/5/2011, 11:42 am

A2A1 wrote:
FlatBack4 wrote:If this rumor comes true, and history shows I'm pretty selective at which rumors I pick to post online, they may make a movie about this one.
True enough, exceppt this time you haven't posted any rumor, just a lot of vague circular talk that says very little. If you're not going to actually tell us what the rumor is, what is the purpose of posting anything at all ?? Question

I explained why I wouldn't elaborate at this time. All you should really get out of my post at this point is to keep your head up, or maybe down. It all really depends on where you are now.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 6/5/2011, 11:46 am

off_the_woodwork wrote:
FlatBack4 wrote:

I love FB4's rumors - mostly because as he said there is always something to them. Just knowing that makes things funner on this board.

Without knowing anything - I am just going to throw a wild guess out there. Don't start quoting this as RUMOR, because there is nothing behind it other than my semi-bored youth soccer brain stirring.

My guess: CCSAI will return Classic League back to 2 divisions per age group due to the dilution in talent on "normal" club teams caused by the suckage of so much talent into academy and now the pre-academy systems. This in an attempt to restore Classic League to some sort of resemblence of "status". One catch, CCSAI will also raise fees accordingly so that no revenue is lost from having less teams.

BTW, other than the higher fees part, I would be FOR such a move. The parking lot at Richland is too dam crowded most Saturdays...

Reducing Classic to D1 and D2 won't restore Classic back to its "Status". The first thing Classic needs to do is to get rid of the club byes. Teams coming in last in D3, losing all their games in the challenge and moving to D2 due to a club bye is a joke. Clubs creating brand new teams to fill a D3 bye is a joke. If Classic wants to be known for quality they will eliminate club byes and make teams earn their way into the league.

Last edited by Ed on 6/5/2011, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/5/2011, 11:57 am

why stop there? Just make the qualify each year. Use the prior years finish for seeding but make all team go thru qualification each season.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 6/5/2011, 12:13 pm

go99 wrote:why stop there? Just make the qualify each year. Use the prior years finish for seeding but make all team go thru qualification each season.

I wouldn't have an issue with that. It would truly elevate the status of Classic League. As it stands now there are many Arlington and Plano league teams that are much better than many of the D2 and D3 Classic teams

Last edited by Ed on 6/5/2011, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 6/5/2011, 12:21 pm

I would definitely go for that
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 6/5/2011, 12:22 pm

Classic as we know it is going bye bye, just all timing now.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 6/5/2011, 2:10 pm

Axxman wrote:Classic as we know it is going bye bye, just all timing now.
so where is it going? i smell money and pricing going up! Sad
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ball-coise is mhath 6/6/2011, 2:47 pm

Posting about something after it happens isn't a rumor.

Posting something generic like "classic league will change in the future" doesn't make the "prediction" or rumor accurate when something about classic league changes sometime later.

Then again, plenty of folks think psychics and palm readers actually see something.

How about one team per division per "club"?
ball-coise is mhath
ball-coise is mhath
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next