Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U11 schedules Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11 schedules

+9
Ibystander
rip
True10
Speedy Gonzales
Eight-Ball
socmom3
Axxman
omega striker
middlewing256
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

U11 schedules Empty U11 schedules

Post by middlewing256 9/1/2009, 6:27 am

Fall classic league schedules are out.
http://www.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=6305

middlewing256
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

U11 schedules Empty Re: U11 schedules

Post by Guest 9/1/2009, 7:57 am

So, is that what it is : top 10 teams are facing the bottom 10 for the fall season ?

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/1/2009, 8:10 am

gababa wrote:So, is that what it is : top 10 teams are facing the bottom 10 for the fall season ?
nope!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 9/1/2009, 8:48 am

Don't know how they come up with it from now on. Andro Red is playing Texans Craft and Solar Red plays Solar, both the second game of the season. So def. not top 10 vs. bottom 10.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 9/1/2009, 9:07 am

omega striker wrote:
gababa wrote:So, is that what it is : top 10 teams are facing the bottom 10 for the fall season ?
nope!

For the past few years, it's been the "bottom 10" playing the "top 10", but it doesn't appear that way this year...oh well, it's gonna be a fun Fall season...just wish our team was injury-free right now! Shocked
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/1/2009, 9:52 am

Well I think we seem to have 9 games from the other half and one single game from your own half. So, a top team will play 9 games against bottom 10 and just 1 against a top 10. Is that what everybody has ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 9/1/2009, 10:02 am

My guess is that the plan was to have top 10 play the bottom 10 in the fall, but during the resolution of coaching/scheduling conflicts each team got one or two games that didn't align per the plan. Others have told me previous years have had the same issue - that's why you have to wait until the end of the spring season to decalare a "champion" - after everyone has played everyone else!

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 9/1/2009, 11:13 am

Agreed, but that system would benefit some team more than others, depending on whom they play. It would be nice if you play all the lower half teams this go around, then the top teams in the spring. By that time you should have your gameplan in check and should be ready to duke it out with the big boys. You can take a loss now and not get to play that team again in the spring. Kind of like the BCS, except there, a loss late in the season hurts you more than early on. Oh well, it is what it is.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 9/1/2009, 1:43 pm

gababa wrote:Well I think we seem to have 9 games from the other half and one single game from your own half. So, a top team will play 9 games against bottom 10 and just 1 against a top 10. Is that what everybody has ?
Nope. It varies wildly. Some top 10 teams play multiple top 10 teams while others have only a single game like you. I think I counted 3 top 10 games for ASG, for example. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they set this up and we will know nothing about where teams stack up after the fall season is concluded.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 9/1/2009, 2:17 pm

Every team plays all the teams, does it really matter when a particular team plays antoher particular team? confused
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 9/1/2009, 2:20 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
gababa wrote:Well I think we seem to have 9 games from the other half and one single game from your own half. So, a top team will play 9 games against bottom 10 and just 1 against a top 10. Is that what everybody has ?
Nope. It varies wildly. Some top 10 teams play multiple top 10 teams while others have only a single game like you. I think I counted 3 top 10 games for ASG, for example. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they set this up and we will know nothing about where teams stack up after the fall season is concluded.
I was actually wrong but so were you-- Nobody has a single top 10 game and ASG plays 4 top 10s. If my math is correct, it breaks down this way as far as number of top 10s each top 10 plays the Fall season:
1. Texans Craft--2
2. Solar Red--3
3. Texans South--2
4. Solar--3
5. Andromeda--3
6. FC Dallas Suarez--2
7. ASG--4
8. Comets--4
9. Tyler Azzurri--5
10. Fort Worth--6
Like I said, we will know nothing more about how teams stack up against each other after the Fall season than we do now.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 9/1/2009, 2:57 pm

True10 wrote:Every team plays all the teams, does it really matter when a particular team plays antoher particular team? confused
I agree, for the most part. However, those with lighter schedules in the fall have more time to adjust their lineups, tweak some things and prepare for the tougher games in the spring while some teams are going into the fall season with little to no time for mistakes and having to be on 6 times out of 9 games in the Fall (in the case of FWFC). For example, Craft may have a bad day but it's not likely that they will lose to any 11-20 teams but the lighter schedule gives them an opportunity to fix some things, if necessary, before they have to play their tougher schedule in the Spring.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/1/2009, 3:27 pm

Well, I would be fairly unhappy having to play 6 top 10 teams (Fort Worth) opposed to the 2 texans teams having to play only 2 top 10 teams.At that point, I am sorry but I have to turn around and think a bit. Look who are the clubs favored (IE: who are the teams with easy fall schedule) : the 2 Texans teams and  FCD  with 2 "D1" games; then the 2 solars and andromeda with 3 of those games and then the list goes on. Random luck due to schedule conflict ? Or set up favoritism ? 

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 9/1/2009, 3:52 pm

gababa wrote:Well, I would be fairly unhappy having to play 6 top 10 teams (Fort Worth) opposed to the 2 texans teams having to play only 2 top 10 teams.At that point, I am sorry but I have to turn around and think a bit. Look who are the clubs favored (IE: who are the teams with easy fall schedule) : the 2 Texans teams and FCD with 2 "D1" games; then the 2 solars and andromeda with 3 of those games and then the list goes on. Random luck due to schedule conflict ? Or set up favoritism ?
The entire schedule was "in-place" prior to the QT. It is an elementary exercise to go back to last year's U11 schedule, transpose the teams based on their original classic league seeding and produce a "templated" schedule based on seeding. I did it for my son's team and 90% of the Fall opponenets I predicted were correct, and 80% were in the equivalent order. I figured there would be modifications due to coaching conflicts and it appears there were. Based on this, I think I have a very good idea of the order of opponents to be played in the Spring.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 9/1/2009, 6:44 pm

rip wrote:
gababa wrote:Well, I would be fairly unhappy having to play 6 top 10 teams (Fort Worth) opposed to the 2 texans teams having to play only 2 top 10 teams.At that point, I am sorry but I have to turn around and think a bit. Look who are the clubs favored (IE: who are the teams with easy fall schedule) : the 2 Texans teams and FCD with 2 "D1" games; then the 2 solars and andromeda with 3 of those games and then the list goes on. Random luck due to schedule conflict ? Or set up favoritism ?
The entire schedule was "in-place" prior to the QT. It is an elementary exercise to go back to last year's U11 schedule, transpose the teams based on their original classic league seeding and produce a "templated" schedule based on seeding. I did it for my son's team and 90% of the Fall opponenets I predicted were correct, and 80% were in the equivalent order. I figured there would be modifications due to coaching conflicts and it appears there were. Based on this, I think I have a very good idea of the order of opponents to be played in the Spring.
If what you are saying is correct, and I have no reason to doubt you, then the system needs a revamp. There's no real good reason as to why it should be done that way. Too much secrecy in the process as well. It's not rocket science and a proper system can be put into place in no time, based on results after QT. And btw, if the entire schedule was in place prior to QT, why do they only release the first game and then wait?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/1/2009, 6:47 pm

Not sure...
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/1/2009, 6:51 pm

I don't get your logic. How can the 2 texans and FCD have only 2 D1 teams to face even though their seedings are differents and solar had a better seeding that FCD for example...Would you explain your "elementary exercise" a bit ....

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 9/1/2009, 9:08 pm

Axxman wrote:If what you are saying is correct, and I have no reason to doubt you, then the system needs a revamp. There's no real good reason as to why it should be done that way. Too much secrecy in the process as well. It's not rocket science and a proper system can be put into place in no time, based on results after QT. And btw, if the entire schedule was in place prior to QT, why do they only release the first game and then wait?
If they have a formula they like in place, then they are doing the right thing by applying it. There is no reason that teams shouldn't be plugged in to an existing schedule based on seeding. Now if the question is "what is the right schedule based on seeding", that could definitely be debated. And I guarantee there would be a different opinion on how to do it for every voice allowed to speak.

As for why wait to release.... they still had to resolve coaching conflicts across not only all of Classic League, but also Lake Highlands, Plano and Arlington. I agree it seemed to take awhile, but given the number of channels being worked I certainly can't complain.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/1/2009, 9:16 pm

They schedule one single game first in order to see which teams really are playing. They can then work on a complete yearly schedule without having to worry about teams that played the qualifier but that are not coming back to compete for the whole season...

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 9/1/2009, 9:27 pm

gababa wrote:I don't get your logic. How can the 2 texans and FCD have only 2 D1 teams to face even though their seedings are differents and solar had a better seeding that FCD for example...Would you explain your "elementary exercise" a bit ....
It's very simple. Look back at last year's U11 D1 schedule and replace each team with their seeding (i.e. Solar 98 Smith was 1). Then apply this year's seeding (i.e. 1 was Texans 99 Craft). Doing this for all teams/games gives you a week-by-week listing of matchups. Now, consider that there were conflict resolutions that worked their way in as well as weather and possibly other issues. I did verify for the only team I care about, and "predicted" 90% of the games correctly. I didn't verify an others.... although I did verify week 1 & 2.

Here's how the first 3 weeks break down.

Week 1:
1 v 20
2 v 19
3 v 18
4 v 17
5 v 16
6 v 15
7 v 14
8 v 13
9 v 12
10 v 11
Week 2:
5 v 1
4 v 2
20 v 3
19 v 6
18 v 7
17 v 8
16 v 9
15 v 10
14 v 11
13 v 12
Week 3:
19 v 1
18 v 2
17 v 3
16 v 4
15 v 5
14 v 6
13 v 7
12 v 8
11 v 9
10 v 20
There was no apparent pattern to how the match-ups were formed week-to-week, but I didn't spend much time. I would lean towards trying to construct an equitable "strength-of-schedule" for each team during each half of the year. It's so hit-or-miss on seeding anyways at this point. I definitely think there are several teams significantly over-seeded and several significantly under-seeded, so I think it will pretty much work out over the course of the season.

Last edited by rip on 9/1/2009, 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 9/1/2009, 9:30 pm

gababa wrote:They schedule one single game first in order to see which teams really are playing. They can then work on a complete yearly schedule without having to worry about teams that played the qualifier but that are not coming back to compete for the whole season...
wtf are you gababa gababa gababa-ing about?
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/1/2009, 9:40 pm

Gababa-ing Smile I was answering Axxman "why do they only release the first game and then wait"

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/1/2009, 9:44 pm

Wonder if any of #itchers and complainers have ever considered VOLUNTEERING 1 min of their time. AXX you got a pass I feel your pain ( in the same boat)
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 9/1/2009, 9:49 pm

gababa wrote:Gababa-ing Smile I was answering Axxman "why do they only release the first game and then wait"
The reason that they "only released the first game" was so that the teams could play it. Note that the only "first game" that was released was for U11 D1, which played 2 weeks prior to the other U11-U14 teams due to the 19th game on their schedule. The only "waiting" on the release of the rest of the schedule was by us waiting for them to finish crossing all the i's and dotting all the t's....
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 9/1/2009, 9:51 pm

plantit wrote:Wonder if any of #itchers and complainers have ever considered VOLUNTEERING 1 min of their time. AXX you got a pass I feel your pain ( in the same boat)
I sure hope not. Based on their commentary here, the itchy & scratchy are not the one's I want involved in the process.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next