Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

CCSAI U11 Challenge Cup Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

CCSAI U11 Challenge Cup

+14
gsterbenz
foghornleghorn
SailorMoon
nearpost95
Ilik2wach
P1er
heyyouguys
debit
Marvelousmar
jltx1
SEAOTTER
Rightback
dsconsult
GDWilly
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CCSAI U11 Challenge Cup Empty CCSAI U11 Challenge Cup

Post by GDWilly 5/15/2013, 5:55 am

Good group of teams for the U11 Challenge Cup.

Surprise team missing is Texas Premier FC Arsenal (API). This team would have had an excellent chance to qualify.

None of the Above MANCHESTER RED DEVILS 02
Amarillo Lightning SC 02 Boys
Andromeda FC Andromeda FC 02B
Andromeda FC Andromeda FC 02B Red
ARSENAL SC ARSENAL SC 02B
AYSES Soccer Club AYSES 02 Boys Black
Azzurri FC Azzurri FC 02
Barcelona Barcelona 02B
continental fc continental 02
Cyclones FC Cyclones 02B
Dallas Texans Dallas Texans 02B Red Sth
FC Dallas Youth 02B Blue
FC Premier FC Premier 02B Forzi
GSSC Thunder GSSC Thunder 02B Blue
Hurst United Hurst United 02B Black
Liverpool FC America 02 Boys Paisley
Liverpool FC America 02 Boys Shankly
Mansfield Revolution Mansfield Revolution 02 boys
Meja Meja Hoover 02B
Meja Meja-Williams '02
Odyssey Soccer Club 02 Boys
Solar Chelsea Solar '02 Blue
Superior SC Aztecas 02B
Wizards Wizards 02
CHIVAS USA F.C. Chivas USA 02B
FC Dallas Youth FC 02 Boys Gold
TFC TFC 02 Boys Blue

Favorites to qualify for III include;

CCSAI - Cyclones, Solar, Chivas, Aztecas
PPL - FC Premier, FCD Gold, Andromeda Red, Azzurri
API - Arsenal, DTS Red South

That is 10 very good teams contending for 8 spots

Others to consider include;

CCSAI - Manchester Red Devils, GSSC Thunder
PPL - Odyssey, Continental, FCD Blue
API - ???

Going to be a dog fight. Should be some great matches.

Any predictions for surprise teams?

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

CCSAI U11 Challenge Cup Empty Re: CCSAI U11 Challenge Cup

Post by Guest 5/15/2013, 6:53 am

Meja Williams could be a surprise. It appears that they had a good second half of the season. Seeding may cause a couple of your PPL favorites to face each other and leave one out after the first round, because they should be seeded in the 10-15 range.

As to the favorites, I'd add GSSC up there, because they handled the PPL favorites in the Blue Cup. Manchester should be up there as well, I think, because of their record.

Back to top Go down

Post by dsconsult 5/15/2013, 7:37 am

Agreed - some very good teams will unfortunately be left out once the 8 spots are filled. GLASA Carey Tournament results from this past weekend provided a pretty good glimpse into some of those teams named below going against each other.
dsconsult
dsconsult
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GDWilly 5/15/2013, 11:17 am

dsconsult wrote:Agreed - some very good teams will unfortunately be left out once the 8 spots are filled. GLASA Carey Tournament results from this past weekend provided a pretty good glimpse into some of those teams named below going against each other.

Right, PPL teams fininshed ahead of CCSAI teams. See link for results.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=31412&Gender=Boys&Age=11

Azzurri was only team to beat FC Premier

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/15/2013, 1:35 pm

[quote="GDWilly"]
dsconsult wrote:Agreed - some very good teams will unfortunately be left out once the 8 spots are filled. GLASA Carey Tournament results from this past weekend provided a pretty good glimpse into some of those teams named below going against each other.

Azzurri was only team to beat FC Prem[end quote]

I don't think that the Classic teams in that tourney are the ones in QT, and the Azzurri win over Forzi was after Forzi had two matches that day and Azzurri had one. That may have impacted it or maybe not. Azzurri is a good team and that was a good win, regardless. Arguably, Azzurri, Andro Red and Forzi would have been in Classic last year, if they were in different brackets. (Seems like all 3 had very tough draws, but I could be remembering wrong).

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 5/16/2013, 6:44 am

[quote="snjn1ab"]
GDWilly wrote:

I don't think that the Classic teams in that tourney are the ones in QT, and the Azzurri win over Forzi was after Forzi had two matches that day and Azzurri had one. That may have impacted it or maybe not. Azzurri is a good team and that was a good win, regardless. Arguably, Azzurri, Andro Red and Forzi would have been in Classic last year, if they were in different brackets. (Seems like all 3 had very tough draws, but I could be remembering wrong).

Or perhaps it was Forzi's 4th game in 24 hours and they already had the final in hand...

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GDWilly 5/17/2013, 8:22 am

[quote="Rightback"]
snjn1ab wrote:
GDWilly wrote:

Azzurri was only team to beat FC Premier[end quote]

Or perhaps it was Forzi's 4th game in 24 hours and they already had the final in hand...

CCSAI teams (Mexico FC & FCD Central) are already qualified for CCSAI DII & DIII respectively for 2013-14. Just saying that the PPL teams had the better of them for that particular weekend and that there are 10-12 very good teams vying for the the 8 spots. I remember that FC Premier was in the group of death during the August qualifier. Regardless of seeding, you have to win to get into CCSAI and win to stay in.

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 5/17/2013, 10:25 am

[quote="GDWilly"]
Rightback wrote:
snjn1ab wrote:
GDWilly wrote:

CCSAI teams (Mexico FC & FCD Central) are already qualified for CCSAI DII & DIII respectively for 2013-14. Just saying that the PPL teams had the better of them for that particular weekend and that there are 10-12 very good teams vying for the the 8 spots. I remember that FC Premier was in the group of death during the August qualifier. Regardless of seeding, you have to win to get into CCSAI and win to stay in.

Exactly. I remember last summer being less a group of death and more a rare case of poor seeding (or perhaps a rare case of coach misrepresentation) having a team with a very low ranking run the table. No complaints all turned out well, but Classic League allowed a mess last year. I don't know if it matters that much to the boys now (they had a blast and learned you can play excellent teams in PP1, Azzuri and Andro Red play an elegant style of play that you can only learn when you have a coach who teaches the game and is less concerned about winning). Good luck to all...

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GDWilly 5/18/2013, 5:53 am

[quote="Rightback"]
GDWilly wrote:
Rightback wrote:
snjn1ab wrote:
GDWilly wrote:

Exactly. I remember last summer being less a group of death and more a rare case of poor seeding (or perhaps a rare case of coach misrepresentation) having a team with a very low ranking run the table. No complaints all turned out well, but Classic League allowed a mess last year. I don't know if it matters that much to the boys now (they had a blast and learned you can play excellent teams in PP1, Azzuri and Andro Red play an elegant style of play that you can only learn when you have a coach who teaches the game and is less concerned about winning). Good luck to all...

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GDWilly 5/18/2013, 6:01 am

[quote="GDWilly"]
Rightback wrote:
GDWilly wrote:
Rightback wrote:
snjn1ab wrote:
GDWilly wrote:

GDWilly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SEAOTTER 5/19/2013, 9:15 am

Has anyone heard when the schedule may be posted??

it will be very interesting to see what the brackets look like.

SEAOTTER
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

CCSAI U11 Challenge Cup Empty Schedules are out

Post by jltx1 5/19/2013, 8:14 pm

Schedules are out. Going to be interesting with quite a few good teams.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=30497&GroupID=270319

jltx1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/20/2013, 6:28 am

jltx1 wrote:Schedules are out. Going to be interesting with quite a few good teams.

The format states that the top in each bracket is in, and the second in each bracket will play the next weekend for the final 2 spots. With Manchester, Forzi, DTX S Red, and Andro Red in E,F, there will be two teams getting knocked out who very likely would have made it through the weekend in other brackets. Tough draws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 5/20/2013, 7:07 am

snjn1ab wrote:
jltx1 wrote:Schedules are out. Going to be interesting with quite a few good teams.

The format states that the top in each bracket is in, and the second in each bracket will play the next weekend for the final 2 spots. With Manchester, Forzi, DTX S Red, and Andro Red in E,F, there will be two teams getting knocked out who very likely would have made it through the weekend in other brackets. Tough draws.

I read it a little different. For U11 no one qualifies the first week. The top 2 in each bracket qualify. (The issue is that makes 14) so do they allow two wild cards. Because it looks like they want 4 groups of 4 for the following week with the top 2 getting in. I am a little confused on how 1st and 3rd in PPL (to me both top 5 teams of the 27 playing) ended up in the same bracket. However, looking at how they scheduled teams it should work out well for Bracket F. Bracket E is going to be a dog fight with one team getting kicked off the island. In looking at the way the brackets are set up and the matches are to be played I think they did a much better job of getting seeding and brackets right and the format then what happened in the summer. Now that all the hard work is done its time for the boys to play and handle their business.

8:00 AM kick for my boys to start it off against mmm. Are the soccer gods for real? 26 other teams and that's our first match what are the odds. (1/26 someone stuffed the ballot) It should be a wonderful match hopefully I am still saying the same thing next Monday.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/20/2013, 8:03 am

Marvelousmar wrote:
snjn1ab wrote:

I read it a little different. For U11 no one qualifies the first week. The top 2 in each bracket qualify. (The issue is that makes 14) so do they allow two wild cards. Because it looks like they want 4 groups of 4 for the following week with the top 2 getting in. I am a little confused on how 1st and 3rd in PPL (to me both top 5 teams of the 27 playing) ended up in the same bracket. However, looking at how they scheduled teams it should work out well for Bracket F. Bracket E is going to be a dog fight with one team getting kicked off the island. In looking at the way the brackets are set up and the matches are to be played I think they did a much better job of getting seeding and brackets right and the format then what happened in the summer. Now that all the hard work is done its time for the boys to play and handle their business.

8:00 AM kick for my boys to start it off against mmm. Are the soccer gods for real? 26 other teams and that's our first match what are the odds. (1/26 someone stuffed the ballot) It should be a wonderful match hopefully I am still saying the same thing next Monday.

I see. So our boys are still U11 for this tourney. Thanks for the clarification .

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 5/20/2013, 9:48 am

Marvelousmar wrote:
snjn1ab wrote:
jltx1 wrote:Schedules are out. Going to be interesting with quite a few good teams. http://events.gotsport.com/events/resultsgrid.aspx?EventID=30497&GroupID=270319
I read it a little different. For U11 no one qualifies the first week. The top 2 in each bracket qualify. (The issue is that makes 14) so do they allow two wild cards. Because it looks like they want 4 groups of 4 for the following week with the top 2 getting in. I am a little confused on how 1st and 3rd in PPL (to me both top 5 teams of the 27 playing) ended up in the same bracket. However, looking at how they scheduled teams it should work out well for Bracket F. Bracket E is going to be a dog fight with one team getting kicked off the island. In looking at the way the brackets are set up and the matches are to be played I think they did a much better job of getting seeding and brackets right and the format then what happened in the summer. Now that all the hard work is done its time for the boys to play and handle their business. 8:00 AM kick for my boys to start it off against mmm. Are the soccer gods for real? 26 other teams and that's our first match what are the odds. (1/26 someone stuffed the ballot) It should be a wonderful match hopefully I am still saying the same thing next Monday.
Marvelous, who did you piss off? That is a seriously tough draw for you guys. In brackets E & F, you have 5 quality teams that could all be in CL D3. I read it as only 14 advancing (not 16) to week 2. 2 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 3. Top 2 in each group gets the spots in CL D3. Good luck to all the teams this weekend!

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

CCSAI U11 Challenge Cup Empty I think I was in a little shock so probably didn't read

Post by Marvelousmar 5/20/2013, 9:59 am

I know I must have ticked someone off. It must be my stunning personality. I just realized it's 14 teams that get to the second week. 2X3 and 2X4. No one can say if we get in that we didn't earn it. Just hoping to be one of the 2 from our bracket. Survive to next week to fight another day. I think I have a scrappy bunch of boys and they have been playing well so I guess we will see next week if we can carry on. I promise that I will not complain about the way the brackets were set up. If it is meant for us to get to D3 our play on the field will get us there. Good luck to all the teams except for the ones playing us.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by heyyouguys 5/20/2013, 4:25 pm

Lots of matchups that should be nail biters. Those 8 AM games are going to affect late starters a lot. Bracket A should see no change in Classic League teams. I see Bracket B being a good chance for a new classic team, with Continental/LP Shankly/Wizards all being on par with one another. Odyssey v. FCD Blue should be a great match to determine who is getting in. Meja Hoover and Meja Williams are both going to really need good weekends to get through to next week. Amarillo Lightning got probably the hardest draw of all, although they were a long shot anyway. I think I'd really like to be in Bracket G... no classic league teams in that bracket, really good chance for an underdog to sneak an upset and get through to week 2. I'd want to be in Bracket B or G...

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/20/2013, 7:39 pm

heyyouguys wrote:Lots of matchups that should be nail biters. Those 8 AM games are going to affect late starters a lot. Bracket A should see no change in Classic League teams. I see Bracket B being a good chance for a new classic team, with Continental/LP Shankly/Wizards all being on par with one another. Odyssey v. FCD Blue should be a great match to determine who is getting in. Meja Hoover and Meja Williams are both going to really need good weekends to get through to next week. Amarillo Lightning got probably the hardest draw of all, although they were a long shot anyway. I think I'd really like to be in Bracket G... no classic league teams in that bracket, really good chance for an underdog to sneak an upset and get through to week 2. I'd want to be in Bracket B or G...

If the objective is to be in the top 2, then being in G, which has the top second seed, would not be my choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by P1er 5/20/2013, 11:31 pm

[quote="snjn1ab"]
GDWilly wrote:

Another team missing that could've had a chance at qualifying is North Texas Strikers white based on league and recent tournament referenced above.

P1er
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by heyyouguys 5/21/2013, 10:47 am

snjn1ab wrote:If the objective is to be in the top 2, then being in G, which has the top second seed, would not be my choice.

Upon closer inspection, there is a large gap between 1 and 2 and the rest. For some reason I was thinking Ayses Black was at the top of Plano 1. G should be fairly easy for both those teams.

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/21/2013, 11:11 am

heyyouguys wrote:
snjn1ab wrote:If the objective is to be in the top 2, then being in G, which has the top second seed, would not be my choice.

Upon closer inspection, there is a large gap between 1 and 2 and the rest. For some reason I was thinking Ayses Black was at the top of Plano 1. G should be fairly easy for both those teams.

Yes, but perhaps harder for 3 and 4 than in other brackets, because the second seed is the highest ranked. I see your point - just giving a different perspective.

A couple of seedings that stick out are Mansfield no. 2 in A (higher than GSSC?) and DTXRS no. 3 in E (ranked lower than Hurst?). One could argue that all Classic 3 teams should be higher than PPL teams, also, but I understand the counter.

Going to be exciting. Hope the boys and parents enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilik2wach 5/21/2013, 4:13 pm

When and why did the powers that be (sometimes referred to as the scheduling idiots) "un-learn" how to correctly schedule multiple 3-team brackets (seems like it's been about 2 - 3 years now)? It used to be that there would be complete cross-bracket play so that all 3 teams from one bracket played all 3 teams from the other bracket, therefore, playing a similar strength of schedule. Now, they schedule it where a team plays the two teams in their own bracket and then another team from the other bracket (cross-bracket), creating an imbalance and advantage/disadvantage depending upon what team is played from the other bracket. Never have understood why this change was made in scheduling.

Ilik2wach
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by heyyouguys 5/21/2013, 4:35 pm

Can anyone extrapolate the actual seedings of all the teams. I'm guessing the Bracket A->G #1 correspond to 1-6. 7-12 would be the 2 seeds in Bracket G->A? Do you just keep snaking it around?

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 5/21/2013, 4:36 pm

Ilik2wach wrote:When and why did the powers that be (sometimes referred to as the scheduling idiots) "un-learn" how to correctly schedule multiple 3-team brackets (seems like it's been about 2 - 3 years now)? It used to be that there would be complete cross-bracket play so that all 3 teams from one bracket played all 3 teams from the other bracket, therefore, playing a similar strength of schedule. Now, they schedule it where a team plays the two teams in their own bracket and then another team from the other bracket (cross-bracket), creating an imbalance and advantage/disadvantage depending upon what team is played from the other bracket. Never have understood why this change was made in scheduling.

Generally I would agree that this imbalance seems to have taken place with cross brackets not playing cross brackets like they used to. However, in this one occasion I think they did that purposefully to cover the top 2 making it out of the bracket. You have the 1st and 3rd place team in Plano 1 ( Both top 5 teams in my opinion) in the same bracket playing Amarillo. Then in the other 3 team bracket you have Manchester, Dallas Texans and Meja Williams in that seeding order. They ( powers that B want the top 2 to have an easier time and their method accomplishes that in theory. In my opinion to do it right those two ( FCP and Andro) should have been in different brackets but seeing 27 isn't a good number they had to put brackets together some way to increase odds of the top two seeds. If you did cross brackets you technically wouldn't control your own destiny. ( Let's say all teams from one bracket one all three matches on the other side) It wouldn't be solved on the field. Manchester, Dallas Texans and Meja all have games against each other to decide which team will be the top two. Meja got hosed a little having to face FCP but they have the ability to earn it on the field by playing well as does Dallas Texans and Manchester. It's going to be an interesting first week.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next