Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

97 D2 predictions Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

97 D2 predictions

+8
DownTown21
Muppet
randee42
b0013
omega striker
The German
mspan02
True10
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

97 D2 predictions Empty 97 D2 predictions

Post by True10 9/3/2009, 3:38 pm

Probaly the toughest group to pick. 7-8 teams could easily find themselves in a promotion spot and also 7-8 teams could find themselves in a relegation spot.
TFC-added some very good players to an already good team should end up 1-2
Solar White-also good additions and the added firepower should get in a promotion spot 1-2
ASG-almost survived with a great spring but the loses will hurt 3-5
TFCR-the coach has these boys playing well they play with alot of skill but D2 is tough 2-4
FCDE-could be the sleeper to break in the top 4 4-7
Tigres-always dangerous and is the wildcard team 2-8
Hurst U-if they play better team ball could surprise a few teams 6-8
Man SC-how can you not like this team, they have enough to stay D2 7-8
FWFC- another wildcard team will likely be the highest point total team if they get relegated 8-10
NTxS-do not know much about this team but ended nid pakc last year but this year D2 is loaded 8-10

D3 coming later
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

97 D2 predictions Empty Re: 97 D2 predictions

Post by mspan02 9/4/2009, 1:04 pm

TFC (they should run away here)
Solar White (watch out tfc)
ASG Gold (if SW slips a little they move back up)
ManSC (I totally believe in addition by subtraction, may go all the way to 2 and no my son is not on this team)
FCD East (about right, will prob beat one of top 2 but lose to one relegated)
Tigres (wildcard is correct although ninth could happen)
TFC Royal (could be in trouble, must start out hot)
Hurst (a little slow in the back last I saw)
FWFC (could flip w/hurst)
NTxS (I'd say lock to go down)

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 9/4/2009, 2:42 pm

I have to see the tournament results before I put any predictions down. But I think T10 is right it is a very competetive group.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/4/2009, 3:00 pm

Tigres will not be anywhere near the bottom! more like 1-4m spot depending on the players?
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 9/7/2009, 7:19 pm

omega striker wrote:Tigres will not be anywhere near the bottom! more like 1-4m spot depending on the players?
In hindsight you might want to change that prediction. They did not win a game in the silver division including a PPL team.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 3/29/2010, 12:42 pm

Oops looks like true10 and I both missed the FWFC boat bigtime
And I thought ManSC would do better along w/ASGG
I had the TFC's flipped too but hard to say as TFC started slow and TFCR ended a little slow
We had SW right on top part and NoTX right on bottom part
Tigres, not so much omega although they did stay up and will be joined by tigres junior of d3 fame
In fact tigres vs tigres is a d2 game I will make next year Smile
Good Job D2, possibly most competitive division in all classic?

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by b0013 3/29/2010, 1:22 pm

It's always fun to go back and look at predictions from Sept as to how teams ended up in March.

D2 was a tough pick this year.

Thought TFCR would finish 2nd behind Solar.... FWFC was the surprise team...really thought Man U would be a least a .500 team..
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 3/29/2010, 3:32 pm

I thought TFCR would be the leader going into D1 too but I was wrong. I knew Solar was good but a bit surprised at FWFC. I like FW in D2 but think they will have a tough time in D1 next year. I believe the Solar boys are built much better for D1 with their strong defense and big upfront boys. Both will prob pick up some off season talent out in the West to make them more competitive.

Now that the season is over (at least with 1 game to go) and the top 2 and bottom 2 locked in, we will see who jumps ship for new teams next year. Curious on which teams and players will move and/or combine. Rumor mill will start up soon and go all the way up to signing day.

Should be an interesting off season. Here comes tourny play and tryouts!!!
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 3/29/2010, 4:49 pm

Once season started I did think TFCR coiuld be 1or 2 also as I didn't realize one of them I knew to be a good player had switched from tfc making thema little better than I thought
Next year will be interesting w/3 solar teams in d1 and nothing else until plano
Andro a d1 and 2 d2s
How likely is DTRW to go from 1-2-3 in two years (I think Tejanos will be middle of pack d2)
June is gonna be fun hehehehehehehehe
Do I hear Wed night/thurs morning 12:01 am signing parties already being planned for July 1?

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 3/30/2010, 11:57 am

My 2 big misses were FWFC, they had a great year, and TFC but they playing great now. SW did what I expected and Tigres were also the wildcard I expected.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet 3/30/2010, 11:59 am

b0013 - I love the avatar and hope it refers to those in soccer and not us in SCUBA?
Although my wife would beg to differ 97 D2 predictions Icon_biggrin
Muppet
Muppet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by b0013 3/30/2010, 12:16 pm

Muppet wrote:b0013 - I love the avatar and hope it refers to those in soccer and not us in SCUBA?
Although my wife would beg to differ 97 D2 predictions Icon_biggrin

WANKER LINK
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 3/31/2010, 11:32 pm

I agree with most of you on TFCR finishing 1or 2, but TFCR lost there goalkeeper and lost their best player to FCD97. The kid was awesome on Monday against DelcoFC, at the dallas Cup.
Surprises this year, shock to see (Andro)ManFC drop to D3, FCD97east finishing strong with wins against TFCR and Solar in the same weekend, and TFC97 what happen to this team the last couple of years, but the biggest has to be FWFC didn't seeing that coming from D3 to D2 to D1. Solar White might be a top five next year in D1.
Four new D2 teams Irving Elite and Tigres, will be fun playing some new blood and Tejenos and Texans, any predictions where they will finish next year.
Plus each team will be able to add two more players to squads, so I expect a lot of moving around this season, players looking for more playing time and more love from coaches.
Time to Barbeque(ribs) and have some beers (ICE COLD ONES) 97 D2 predictions Drunken_smilie and get ready to do it all again in a few days.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by You talking to me? 4/5/2010, 11:29 am

can someone shed some light on the solar white folding rumor.

You talking to me?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by You talking to me? 4/5/2010, 11:31 am

if this is true then tfc royal will move to d1 unless they lose and hurts united wins then hurst would go to d1.
interesting situation here

You talking to me?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/5/2010, 11:38 am

You talking to me? wrote:can someone shed some light on the solar white folding rumor.
Even if they fold the bye spot stays with Solar and I am sure they will get a team together.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 4/5/2010, 11:51 am

The German wrote:
You talking to me? wrote:can someone shed some light on the solar white folding rumor.
Even if they fold the bye spot stays with Solar and I am sure they will get a team together.

As always, the German is right, Solar White will maintain their D1 spot that they qualified for regardless of what happens to their existing roster. Only way this changes is if the coach or boys can get I believe 10+ boys to move the team to another club. If they can get the 10+ to move, then the D1 bye would also move with the boys; however, I doubt that Solar would EVER let this happen.

On the same note, why in the world would they fold? If anything, I would imagine they will have more options to sign since they are moving to D1.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by You talking to me? 4/5/2010, 12:00 pm

randee42 wrote:
The German wrote:

As always, the German is right, Solar White will maintain their D1 spot that they qualified for regardless of what happens to their existing roster. Only way this changes is if the coach or boys can get I believe 10+ boys to move the team to another club. If they can get the 10+ to move, then the D1 bye would also move with the boys; however, I doubt that Solar would EVER let this happen.

On the same note, why in the world would they fold? If anything, I would imagine they will have more options to sign since they are moving to D1.
thats what i said
something about making the solar red team stronger

You talking to me?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 4/5/2010, 12:28 pm

randee42 wrote:
The German wrote:

Your right it's the N1 rule, I think it 13 players must sign and move with/or without the coach, if not the bye stays with the team.
Are you talking to me, where are you getting all this top secert information, I like to meet you source. Because it's not in line with my information and I might have to fire my source. 97 D2 predictions Confused
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 4/5/2010, 12:34 pm

DownTown21 wrote:
randee42 wrote:
The German wrote:

Your right it's the N1 rule, I think it 13 players must sign and move with/or without the coach, if not the bye stays with the team.
Are you talking to me, where are you getting all this top secert information, I like to meet you source. Because it's not in line with my information and I might have to fire my source. 97 D2 predictions Confused
Sorry it's not the N+1 rule but the 75% rule. If the 75% of the team moves to a different club the bye stays with them.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 4/5/2010, 1:30 pm

I could very easily see Solar Red wanting to mine some talent off of Solar White, but I would not think that the team would fold entirely. Unless you have a whole bunch of boys who are simply quitting soccer. I guess that is possible but seems unlikely.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HD 4/5/2010, 1:54 pm

I never respond to things said on this forum. However when I read the RUMOR about SW I had to say something. My son does play on SW and it upsets me that someone would post something that is so unfounded. I do expect some players to be moved to other Solar teams and of course there are always a few that decide to stop playing soccer. That is the nature of the beast. The team has worked very hard to go from D3 last year to D1 next year. (still need to win or tie last game) The bye stays with the club and only can be moved if 75% of the current roster moves too. Just don't see that happening . Our current coach also has 2 D1 teams in LH and I don't see any plans for him leaving Solar.
I believe the team will have a new coach next year. Coach has made reference to the parents that he may not be back next year. That too is part of club soccer. Please tell your sources to put a stop to any unfounded rumors. If they need answers then maybe they should contact our manager. The only thing that SW needs to be worried about right now is playing their last CL game and any upcoming tournaments. Seems like this stuff (rumors) happens earlier each year. Can't believe we haven't even finished league play and someone is trying to bust up our team.......

Congrats to FWFC also on a great 2009/2010 seaon. We can't wait to play them next year and keep that rivalry going. 97 D2 predictions Icon_biggrin

HD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 4/5/2010, 4:21 pm

HD wrote:I never respond to things said on this forum. However when I read the RUMOR about SW I had to say something. My son does play on SW and it upsets me that someone would post something that is so unfounded. I do expect some players to be moved to other Solar teams and of course there are always a few that decide to stop playing soccer. That is the nature of the beast. The team has worked very hard to go from D3 last year to D1 next year. (still need to win or tie last game) The bye stays with the club and only can be moved if 75% of the current roster moves too. Just don't see that happening . Our current coach also has 2 D1 teams in LH and I don't see any plans for him leaving Solar.
I believe the team will have a new coach next year. Coach has made reference to the parents that he may not be back next year. That too is part of club soccer. Please tell your sources to put a stop to any unfounded rumors. If they need answers then maybe they should contact our manager. The only thing that SW needs to be worried about right now is playing their last CL game and any upcoming tournaments. Seems like this stuff (rumors) happens earlier each year. Can't believe we haven't even finished league play and someone is trying to bust up our team.......

Congrats to FWFC also on a great 2009/2010 seaon. We can't wait to play them next year and keep that rivalry going. 97 D2 predictions Icon_biggrin

Good response but I do not think anyone is trying to"bust up" your team. The only way that would happen would be through recruiting/attrition and not posts to a forum. Besides, rumors are just that rumors. If the coach is possibly leaving, that may explain part of the talk.

Regardless, kudos to your team on the pending promotion to D1 (I am going to assume that you are going to beat the hapless Strikers) they will do well in the top tier next season.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 4/5/2010, 7:32 pm

HD,
I read all kinds of stuff here and the old turf, but I will say this. Last year in the final week before signing, players left teams. Coaches were surprise, and all kind offers were made to some of these D2 & D3 players to move up. I bet it will happen again this year, that's the nature of the game.

But then again, rumors start because someone on a team will say something to a friend on another team, and guess what? Maybe the first guy said that his son was moving up, and by the time the news reaches the tenth person it's ten players leaving the team.

So don't worry, enjoy the promotion (if be) and things will workout. I will say this,the play of kids this weekend will say it all, a lost, with a TFC win would cause maybe some harm to the team as a whole. But your team has come a long way and you all should be proud. Your team is in the drivers seat and they contral thier own destiny. Good luck and it was fun playing you all this season. 97 D2 predictions Icon_biggrin

PS: I will say this, it good when there is talk and/or rumors about your team. At least you can keep up with it. It be worst if you didn't hear or know a thing, then it was Surprise Surprise Surprise, I would be 97 D2 predictions Icon_evil
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 4/5/2010, 7:47 pm

Randee,
You need to stop eating them donuts, your avatar is the only one that became bigger throughout the season.
If you don't stop you will begin to look like my brother:
97 D2 predictions Fatbastard

97 D2 predictions Lol
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next