Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Training Up? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Training Up?

+8
R1
Preston P
Laimport
finish1
Axxman
The German
texasoccer
anselansel
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Training Up? Empty Training Up?

Post by Guest 1/9/2012, 9:12 am

I understand u10 kids cannot play on select teams yet, because they are not select aged players. However, is there a rule against U10 players training with select teams? Could an 02 train with an 01 team even before the 02 has gone select?

Back to top Go down

Training Up? Empty Re: Training Up?

Post by anselansel 1/9/2012, 9:21 am

Why would a team want to have a non player eating up training time, coaches time and players time ? And that kid pays no dues either? That is what academy is for
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/9/2012, 9:29 am

anselansel wrote:Why would a team want to have a non player eating up training time, coaches time and players time ? And that kid pays no dues either? That is what academy is for

Let's assume the 01 coach and team are on board with it. Is there a Rule that prevents its?

Back to top Go down

Post by texasoccer 1/9/2012, 9:56 am

[quote="Gatorz"][quote="anselansel"]Why would a team want to have a non player eating up training time, coaches time and players time ? And that kid pays no dues either? That is what academy is for[/quote]

Let's assume the 01 coach and team are on board with it. Is there a Rule that prevents its?

[/quote]

There is no rule for a select team to allow a non-select bb to practice with the team. This is very common, particularly if the bb has an older brother on that select team, if the younger bb is at the level of the select team, there should be no problems.

texasoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/9/2012, 10:39 am

texasoccer wrote:
Gatorz wrote:
anselansel wrote:Why would a team want to have a non player eating up training time, coaches time and players time ? And that kid pays no dues either? That is what academy is for

There is no rule for a select team to allow a non-select bb to practice with the team. This is very common, particularly if the bb has an older brother on that select team, if the younger bb is at the level of the select team, there should be no problems.

Thanks for the info.

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 1/9/2012, 10:57 am

I remember a few years ago when an non age select kid was practicing with a select team and the coach of the select team almost got in trouble for allowing that. To be sure check with North Texas.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 1/9/2012, 11:06 am

German, not sure how they handle it in Riverside, but around these here NTX parts it's all about the clubs and their money. You have the cash and your bb is decent, he can train up, down, or all around. I have more than a few examples.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 1/9/2012, 12:29 pm

Axxman wrote:German, not sure how they handle it in Riverside, but around these here NTX parts it's all about the clubs and their money. You have the cash and your bb is decent, he can train up, down, or all around. I have more than a few examples.
You have way too much insight about my personal life. When you see may wife the next time ask her about the kid practicing up at the Texans.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 1/9/2012, 12:55 pm

Gman, what age group?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 1/9/2012, 2:27 pm

On one hand, there's nothing wrong with it in theory.

On the other hand, if the younger player doesn't rate as a "starter" with the older group then he is lowering the overall level of play. I could see the parents getting upset.

Is the kid "that" good?

or is this just a convenience?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston P 1/9/2012, 2:33 pm

I will come to German's defense. It was my son training up u11 when he was a u10. The coach was told he faced serious sanctions from n tex if the training didn't stop, so it did. it was the Texans allowing it, and North Texas Stopping it. I would check with North Texas as they did not allow this 2 years ago.

Preston P
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/9/2012, 2:36 pm

Preston P wrote:I will come to German's defense. It was my son training up u11 when he was a u10. The coach was told he faced serious sanctions from n tex if the training didn't stop, so it did. it was the Texans allowing it, and North Texas Stopping it. I would check with North Texas as they did not allow this 2 years ago.

Thanks, definitely do not want to run amuck of the NTX rules. Will check with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 1/9/2012, 8:30 pm

Preston P wrote:I will come to German's defense. It was my son training up u11 when he was a u10. The coach was told he faced serious sanctions from n tex if the training didn't stop, so it did. it was the Texans allowing it, and North Texas Stopping it. I would check with North Texas as they did not allow this 2 years ago.

I think you were probably treated differently than most in that situation, unfortunately. I've seen many, many older brothers who were select age coming to younger brother's practices (pre-select ages), and doing small sided games, etc., with them. I've seen U-10's playing against U-17's - just for kicks because the little guys loved it, and the big kids thought it was fun to try to head the ball all the way down the field on them - but organized by the coach who was coaching both teams - nothing serious, but done by clubs. I've seen younger brothers playing GK, or filling for a spot - and doing so almost every practice, when the younger brother wasn't select age. The difference is that most of these teams and kids were from low profile teams and low profile players. Your son wasn't low profile, so someone must have made a stink about it. It goes on all the time and nobody says anything about it usually, I don't think anyone even thinks about it being some kind of rule violation usually.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 1/10/2012, 7:51 am

R1 is right, I see kids practicing “up” all the time. If your BB is getting busted by NTX then somebody blew the whistle on you. It’s not like NTX walks around to every team’s practice and checks birth certificates and photo IDs. Somebody from your team contacted them and asked about it OR they never contacted NTX and just asked the coach. Then the coach told you “NTX” said it wasn’t allowed anymore and that they faced sanctions.

The thing is… if the kid has skill and doesn’t impede the practice or take away the coach’s attention, I doubt anyone would complain. If that family is nice and BB treats it like it’s a privilege, nobody would complain. People complain though when an idiot parent just sends their 8 year-old to a U-14 practice with shin guards and cleats EVERY SINGLE PRACTICE. They just assume everybody else is cool with this arrangement and they’re really not. You have 15 families on the team that are paying $3000/year for professional soccer coaching and 1 family that’s trying to use it like a babysitting service.

If you ask the coach if your BB can practice with an older team, and the coach says NTX won’t allow it, he’s correct, but what he’s really saying is, “Look... I’m not a babysitter. Your younger BB is decent but he’s not good enough to be out here right now. He’s going to slow down my practice to the point of distraction. The other families will get pissed. I like you but watch your own kid for the next 90 minutes.”
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 1/10/2012, 8:03 am

Well put.

And 9 times out of 10, the younger player has no business being out there.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 1/10/2012, 8:20 am

bigtex75081 wrote:R1 is right, I see kids practicing “up” all the time. If your BB is getting busted by NTX then somebody blew the whistle on you. It’s not like NTX walks around to every team’s practice and checks birth certificates and photo IDs. Somebody from your team contacted them and asked about it OR they never contacted NTX and just asked the coach. Then the coach told you “NTX” said it wasn’t allowed anymore and that they faced sanctions.

The thing is… if the kid has skill and doesn’t impede the practice or take away the coach’s attention, I doubt anyone would complain. If that family is nice and BB treats it like it’s a privilege, nobody would complain. People complain though when an idiot parent just sends their 8 year-old to a U-14 practice with shin guards and cleats EVERY SINGLE PRACTICE. They just assume everybody else is cool with this arrangement and they’re really not. You have 15 families on the team that are paying $3000/year for professional soccer coaching and 1 family that’s trying to use it like a babysitting service.

If you ask the coach if your BB can practice with an older team, and the coach says NTX won’t allow it, he’s correct, but what he’s really saying is, “Look... I’m not a babysitter. Your younger BB is decent but he’s not good enough to be out here right now. He’s going to slow down my practice to the point of distraction. The other families will get pissed. I like you but watch your own kid for the next 90 minutes.”
Another possibility is that the coach realizes the family is trying to get two kids trained for the price of one and has gotten tired of it.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston P 1/10/2012, 8:39 am

I agree with you all in that who cares. If a kid is good enough then so be it. A coach for a top club team will not allow a player to train up that can't keep up I can tell you NTX will frown heavily or they did two years ago if they find out. My correspondence came from both NTX and the club. interesting note for you all, if a team trains indoors then any player can train up or play up as ntex has or atleast did 2 years ago different rules for when a team trains or plays indoors.

Preston P
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 1/10/2012, 9:34 am

It was ungrateful and disloyal that parents complained about your son training up. Didn't bother me.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/10/2012, 9:40 am

Keep your kid out of practices, nobody wants a younger kid there. They paid for it not you. Pretty simple

Back to top Go down

Post by anselansel 1/10/2012, 10:05 am

I think I read schellas hyndman let his grandson practice w the pro team. That's over the top IMO ......
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/10/2012, 10:12 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:Keep your kid out of practices, nobody wants a younger kid there. They paid for it not you. Pretty simple

Let me interpret. The parents who take this way too seriously and have forgotten that at any level it is still a game now have something else that they can complain about. They won't go have an adult conversation with the coach about it though.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 1/10/2012, 10:38 am

my2cents wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:Keep your kid out of practices, nobody wants a younger kid there. They paid for it not you. Pretty simple

Let me interpret. The parents who take this way too seriously and have forgotten that at any level it is still a game now have something else that they can complain about. They won't go have an adult conversation with the coach about it though.
Is it really fair for one family to create a situation that requires the other families to go have an adult conversation with the coach about it though?

One family will start beating their drum about how it's all about fun and completely ignore the argument that the younger BB is seeing significantly more benefit (in development) by being out there with the older kids than the older kids are by having him there. Who is the practice supposed to be for?

"Tommy and Timmy, go have fun. Don't forget your shin guards Timmy. I'll be back after practice to pick you both up. Tommy, watch after Timmy. Timmy, ask coach to show you how to do the stepover move again."
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/10/2012, 10:52 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
my2cents wrote:

Is it really fair for one family to create a situation that requires the other families to go have an adult conversation with the coach about it though?

One family will start beating their drum about how it's all about fun and completely ignore the argument that the younger BB is seeing significantly more benefit (in development) by being out there with the older kids than the older kids are by having him there. Who is the practice supposed to be for?

"Tommy and Timmy, go have fun. Don't forget your shin guards Timmy. I'll be back after practice to pick you both up. Tommy, watch after Timmy. Timmy, ask coach to show you how to do the stepover move again."

I agree that an older bros. soccer practice is not the place to drop off the little guy. What I was talking about was a kid that is only a few months younger, but a soccer year younger. Also, would not consider it unless the kid can play and keep up with the older team, which is undisputed.

Did not think about the other parents on the team, as the younger player would not be taking playing time in a game and would be another player to challenge yourself with at practice. It would be paid for practices as well and no freebees.

However, after some of the good advice on this thread, will just wait until he gets to select age before checking out older teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by wetgrass 1/10/2012, 10:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5gAkna3jI

wetgrass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 1/10/2012, 11:01 am

The reality is that it is often beneficial for a young player to play up/train up.

Unfortunately, with "pay to play" the parents have a right to complain.

So, if the kid is going to train up, he really needs to be rostered on the team. (Unless the parents are paying an additional training fee for their prodigy)

So, if he's good enough, starts, is an impact player, etc. that usually shuts the parents up. (That is if the team is winning.)

Another sad reality is that, the parent goggles often are made of thick stained glass.

In other words, all objectivity and credibility is lost. (Very few can operate without these parent goggles...)

So, all that in mind, if a kid was 'watering down' the level, then yeah, I'm going to say something.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next