Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

94 Class In College Soccer Updates - Page 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

94 Class In College Soccer Updates

+29
soccerrus2
noob
switch
Dropball
Blitzed
DZaltron
Number13
Mom96keeper
Rock
DragonStryker
Rightback
omega striker
finish1
Yak Attack
davito
indyfc
debit
rqps
Ed
my2cents
go99
PG-Boy
soccergrinder
Laimport
tiger19
starbuck
tpitty
Soccerinsanity
Soccernovice
33 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

94 Class In College Soccer Updates - Page 5 Empty Re: 94 Class In College Soccer Updates

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/28/2012, 10:54 pm

One more question for the wisdom: all these recruiting agencies that are supposed to help...necessary?

Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

94 Class In College Soccer Updates - Page 5 Empty Re: 94 Class In College Soccer Updates

Post by Soccernovice 6/29/2012, 12:40 am

It helps to have a high quality video for coaches. Some coaches might not get to see your son play. I think the Winter and Summer ID camps on campus are good if your son is potential fit athletic, soccer skill, and grades. If they are not a fit it is usually a waste of money. No one on our team used a professional agency except for their personal video production. They paid about $1000 for a video agency to record some classic league and plano labor day games. This professionally done video helped them land their position along with attending the schools winter ID camp. Additionally, our coach served as strong reference. The coach should have good reputation for placing club players at that level to be a good reference. For example, our coach has helped place players who are performing well in college soccer and many college coaches have heard of our club and coach. This helped with the sales and marketing activities with coaches. You are at a disadvantage if you play for a team with a coach who does not have proven experience helping players land scholarships at the level you are targeting (e.g., DI).

The college coordinator (parent volunteer) if they have a sales and marketing background can interface with college coaches on the team's behalf. Produce team brochure and market team before showcases. The college recruiting coordinator can write coaches to come watch the team play and market the team and players should market themselves. No need for any sports marketing agency I did better than most as a parent volunteer. Find a parent who really cares about the players and will work on their behalf. They can network with the coaches directly on the team's behalf. You want to get the coaches to come to the showcase games so they can see the players play. Players writing coaches is effective but has small hit rate for every 20 contacts maybe a few show up. Working on the team's behalf maybe twice that rate or more.

Again if team is no good coaches don't watch them play. Low ranked DIII coaches will attend those games along with smaller schools start sending players letters saying they watched them play.

I believe that thing that helps players most is to play on a team and club with a good reputation with college coaches. The coaches will come watch even if they were not contacted. That was our experience sometimes having 50 + coaches on the sidelines. The coaches have either seen our teams play before or they have heard how good our teams are and showed up at our game. In USSF DA coach attendance at a game can be much higher for our top DA teams if they are loaded with talent.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom96keeper 6/29/2012, 9:06 am

This is a great post, lots of info! I have a 96 Keeper. Any specifics on this process to Keepers? I was told at the recent ID camp by an NAIA coach that they teams are always looking out for good keepers, hoping it's true! We are definitely looking for a great academic school and have the grades for it so it's good to hear about that!

Mom96keeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 6/29/2012, 9:49 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:One more question for the wisdom: all these recruiting agencies that are supposed to help...necessary?

Sounds like as long as your son/daughter keeps his/her grades up and is on a HS Varsity level soccer team (playing on a decent select team would be a good bonus), he can count on a DII or DIII slot somewhere. DI might be a little more difficult (except for the two here in Texas where the bar is not quite as high) and require a higher level of play, however,

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom96keeper 6/29/2012, 10:34 am

starbuck wrote:
Soccerinsanity wrote:One more question for the wisdom: all these recruiting agencies that are supposed to help...necessary?

Sounds like as long as your son/daughter keeps his/her grades up and is on a HS Varsity level soccer team (playing on a decent select team would be a good bonus), he can count on a DII or DIII slot somewhere. DI might be a little more difficult (except for the two here in Texas where the bar is not quite as high) and require a higher level of play, however,

Yes, my son will be on a D2 team this year. Don't know that if it will be a top team, but there seems to be a lot of change of players all around this year so we will see. Keeper spots are different...most top teams didn't need one this year (we called around, went to some). We went where there was an opening and playing time available!

I am not worried about grades at all. And he shared the varsity spot last year with a same level keeper and works hard to continually improve. DII or DIII is fine with us --- a good education where he can also play; so we will be sending out our info when we get schedules for fall. Don't know if there is a team or club coordinator but not that you discussed it, I will ask! Thanks again for sharing.

Mom96keeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/29/2012, 10:37 am

soccergrinder wrote:By the way, it helps if the moms handing out the brochures are somewhat educated on where the colleges are located. For example, I had some coaches from UCONN at one of the games, the mom didn't know that they played soccer in Alaska. affraid

That is kind of scary. Everyone should know that Alaska isn't part of NW Canada.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/29/2012, 11:48 am

Not only do I know where UConn is, but I have actually seen that campus! I love Canada but I hear the out-of-country tuition is expensive! cheers

Thanks for all the advice, guys! For all the times we are sarcastic on here, your info is really, really helpful! Love to hear where the other guys go just like y'all did this year (sometimes it's helpful if we know other Texans are already up there...then you know the coach knows more about the fit).
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 6/29/2012, 4:15 pm

I am pleased to announce a 10th AYSES 94 Gold soccer team member has committed to play college soccer. Ewahia Amhanesi has committed to play for the Appalachian State University men's soccer program for the 2012 season which plays in the NCAA Division I in the Southern Conference. The Appalachian State Mountaineers men's soccer program Head Coach is Matt Nelson. Coach Nelson and his staff attended the US Youth Soccer Regional Championship this month where they watched the AYSES 94 Gold team play and developed an interest in Ewahia was as a player.

This is our 4th AYSES Gold 94 player to commit to a NCAA Division I soccer program.

Ewahia is an outstanding athlete with incredible speed who plans to major in Biology and go to medical school in his future.

Ewahia’s official commitment will be updated soon on ESPN RISE men’s college commitments list. Here is a link to these college commitments where Ewahia’s name should show up in the next 24 hours proudly representing the AYSES Soccer Club and John B. Horn High School in Mesquite, Texas.

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/boys-soccer/post/_/id/908/boys-soccer-recent-commitments

We have several players in the final stages of making their decisions on where they will commit to play men's soccer in college. We also have three 2013 graduates on this team who have already attracted alot of college coach interest including NCAA Division I men's soccer programs. Two 2012 graduates on this team who had NCAA Division I program interest from college showcases decided to attend the University of Texas at Austin and play club soccer.

AYSES 94 Gold College Men's Soccer Program Commitments Summary:

PLAYER COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL
1. Josh Dillon-----St. John's University, DI --------Jesuit College Preparatory School
2. Tony Santibanez-------Furman University, DI ------Plano High School
3. Phillip Lassiter---Florida Southern College, DII ---McKinney Boyd High School
4. Jordan Koeppe---- Dallas Baptist University, DII ---Prince of Peace Christian School
5. Kenneth Santibanez --- Southern Methodist University, DI ------ Allen High School
6. Jordan Rubel --- University of Texas at Dallas, DIII ----- McKinney Boyd High School
7. Eric Shephard --- Northeastern State University, DII --- Lovejoy High School
8. Haaroon Ismail ---- Austin College, DIII ---- Brighter Horizons Academy
9. Ramon Gallegos ---- University of Incarnate Word, DII ---- Plano High School
10.Ewahia Amhanesi --- Appalachian State University, DI --- John B. Horn High School
11.Coming soon

Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 6/29/2012, 11:39 pm

One more player will commit soon for AYSES Gold 94. We have a diverse team and all players who wanted to play college soccer are receiving athletic and academic or academic only scholarships and will get to play.

Some of our committed players parents do not have a college education and their son will be the first in the family to get a college education in some cases fully covered by athletic and academic scholarships.

I am very happy these players have landed these great opportunities to pursue a college education and their dreams. It would not have been possible for some players to go to these schools without the talent they have developed in soccer and the fact they are good students.

The AYSES Soccer Club is committed to helping their players regardless of socioeconomic background have the opportunity to get a college education through the development of the player and individual.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 7/24/2012, 10:53 pm

I am pleased to announce a 11th AYSES 94 Gold soccer team member has committed to play college soccer. Shaun Dunn has committed to play for the Centre College men's soccer program for the 2012 season which plays in the NCAA Division III in the NCAA Division III in the Southern Athletic Association Conference. The Centre College Head Coach is Jeb Burch and Shaun joins a program with a highly touted and diverse recruiting class for 2016 graduates. Coach Burch and his staff attended many of the AYSES games including the CASL Showcase, Disney Showcase and Dallas Cup.

Shaun is an excellent student and plans to major in Math. Congratulations Shaun!

Here is what his new coach says about the importance of recruiting Shaun and the immediate impact he will have on their program:

Sean Dunn (Dallas, Texas) was a four year varsity player at Prestonwood Christian Academy, winning the TAPPS Division I State Championship in 2010 and finishing as runner-up in 2011. Dunn, a three year captain, was named to the Texas First Team All-State squad along with PCA Defensive Player of the Year in 2011.

Dunn is a key contributor to his AYSES Soccer Club, winning the Disney Showcase in 2012, Plano Labor Day Tournament in 2011 and finishing runner-up in the Texas State Cup in 2011. Dunn is a four year member of the North Texas State ODP program.

"It took a big effort to get Sean here and we couldn't be any more excited to hear of his decision. Sean is a very technical player, tough minded, and understands his role tactically. Sean fills a major need for our program. His experience playing soccer in Dallas, Texas, and nationally, will bode well for us for the next four years," finished Burch.

The Colonels wrap up another very talented recruiting class.

"This was the year for (assistant coach) Adam (Boyer) and I to concentrate on a very select group of recruits. Each of these incoming freshmen are good enough to help our program right away as we see seven seniors graduate and seven freshmen coming in," noted Burch.

The Colonels recruiting class is diverse geographically with players from Los Angeles, Calif., Dallas, Texas, Indianapolis, Ind., Cincinnati, Ohio, Dayton, Ohio, Bowling Green, Ky., and Danville, Ky.

"We are fortunate to be able to recruit local players and nationally at Centre and this class once again reflects the strength of Centre's academic reputation," commented Burch.

Shaun's official commitment will be updated soon on ESPN RISE men’s college commitments list. Here is a link to these college commitments where Shaun’s name should show up in the next 24 hours proudly representing the AYSES Soccer Club and Preston Wood Christian Academy in Dallas, Texas.

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/boys-soccer/post/_/id/908/boys-soccer-recent-commitments

This concludes our 2012 AYSES Soccer Club College commitments. We also have three 2013 graduates on this team who have already attracted alot of college coach interest including NCAA Division I men's soccer programs. Two 2012 graduates on this team who had NCAA Division I program interest from college showcases decided to attend the University of Texas at Austin and play club soccer.

1. Josh Dillon-----St. John's University, DI --------Jesuit College Preparatory School
3. Phillip Lassiter---Florida Southern College, DII ---McKinney Boyd High School
4. Jordan Koeppe---- Dallas Baptist University, DII ---Prince of Peace Christian School
5. Kenneth Santibanez --- Southern Methodist University, DI ------ Allen High School
6. Jordan Rubel --- University of Texas at Dallas, DIII ----- McKinney Boyd High School
10.Ewahia Amhanesi --- Appalachian State University, DI --- John B. Horn High School
11.Shaun Dunn ---- Centre College, DIII --- Preston Wood Christian Academy

Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DZaltron 9/17/2012, 4:20 pm

Soccernovice wrote:I am pleased to announce a 11th AYSES 94 Gold soccer team member has committed to play college soccer. Shaun Dunn has committed to play for the Centre College men's soccer program for the 2012 season which plays in the NCAA Division III in the NCAA Division III in the Southern Athletic Association Conference. The Centre College Head Coach is Jeb Burch and Shaun joins a program with a highly touted and diverse recruiting class for 2016 graduates. Coach Burch and his staff attended many of the AYSES games including the CASL Showcase, Disney Showcase and Dallas Cup.

Shaun is an excellent student and plans to major in Math. Congratulations Shaun!

Here is what his new coach says about the importance of recruiting Shaun and the immediate impact he will have on their program:

Sean Dunn (Dallas, Texas) was a four year varsity player at Prestonwood Christian Academy, winning the TAPPS Division I State Championship in 2010 and finishing as runner-up in 2011. Dunn, a three year captain, was named to the Texas First Team All-State squad along with PCA Defensive Player of the Year in 2011.

Dunn is a key contributor to his AYSES Soccer Club, winning the Disney Showcase in 2012, Plano Labor Day Tournament in 2011 and finishing runner-up in the Texas State Cup in 2011. Dunn is a four year member of the North Texas State ODP program.

"It took a big effort to get Sean here and we couldn't be any more excited to hear of his decision. Sean is a very technical player, tough minded, and understands his role tactically. Sean fills a major need for our program. His experience playing soccer in Dallas, Texas, and nationally, will bode well for us for the next four years," finished Burch.

The Colonels wrap up another very talented recruiting class.

"This was the year for (assistant coach) Adam (Boyer) and I to concentrate on a very select group of recruits. Each of these incoming freshmen are good enough to help our program right away as we see seven seniors graduate and seven freshmen coming in," noted Burch.

The Colonels recruiting class is diverse geographically with players from Los Angeles, Calif., Dallas, Texas, Indianapolis, Ind., Cincinnati, Ohio, Dayton, Ohio, Bowling Green, Ky., and Danville, Ky.

"We are fortunate to be able to recruit local players and nationally at Centre and this class once again reflects the strength of Centre's academic reputation," commented Burch.

Shaun's official commitment will be updated soon on ESPN RISE men’s college commitments list. Here is a link to these college commitments where Shaun’s name should show up in the next 24 hours proudly representing the AYSES Soccer Club and Preston Wood Christian Academy in Dallas, Texas.

This concludes our 2012 AYSES Soccer Club College commitments. We also have three 2013 graduates on this team who have already attracted alot of college coach interest including NCAA Division I men's soccer programs. Two 2012 graduates on this team who had NCAA Division I program interest from college showcases decided to attend the University of Texas at Austin and play club soccer.

Proud of these kids!
I know how hard they worked to get there

Congrats
Coach DiegoZ
DZaltron
DZaltron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 9/18/2012, 12:44 pm

SoccerNovice:

Any advice to parents of a prospective player on how to get started? I assume the players should start writing letters to coaches. How do you decide which colleges to focus on? Did your boys select your colleges based on the college curriculum first and soccer second or was it soccer first and curriculum second?

Any advice you can give to those of us who are new to this would be appreciated.

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 9/24/2012, 9:11 pm

College coaches get saturated with E-Mails and Letters. There is no simple method to find the right opportunity. It requires thorough research of programs and colleges and finding many possible places your son could potentially go to school. Being open minded to new options that emerge you never thought of.

If they know your son is interested in their program, they are more likely to come watch them play at a showcase. Sometimes they will ask for video footage first many liking a full game film some liking highlights. Having a college recruiting coordinator or coach who can find out key needs that need to be filled is another method then recommending they come watch certain players. The reputation of the team and club can affect the coach whether they come watch a team play. The better the team they play on the more interest the coach will have in watching them play.

I would have not been able to predict where our players ended up it required an academic and athletic fit and a match on programs needs at the time. So many variables in play. One of the most important variables was the coach got to see them play in a major showcase event. Second the school was a fit for the player sometimes after they made a visit they said "this is where I want to go to school." Many players had never thought they would be going to the school they ended up attending. They all seem very happy with their choices as freshmen soccer players and students.

Key points:

1. Academic fit
2. Athletic fit
3. Social fit
4. Academic and athletic scholarship offered
5. Strength of program or conference for some players
6. Strength and rigor of academics for others
7. Fit with major interests

Lastly, don't rule out attending the programs college identification camps your son may impress the coaches enough to get an offer. You could even attend a camp in the geography your son wants to go to school and they invite coaches from other programs to evaluate players beyond just the school offering the camp. Typically a DI camp will have DII and DIII coaches present who might take an interest in the players they DI school passes on.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/25/2012, 11:57 am

Good info, Novice, thanks!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

94 Class In College Soccer Updates - Page 5 Empty 8 North Texas Players - TopDrawer Top 100 College Freshmen

Post by Soccernovice 12/26/2012, 8:43 pm

The 94 graduating class has done well their first year in college soccer with many in North Texas getting accolades at the conference or national level in NCAA Division I, II, and III. Many had the opportunity to play in the NCAA Championship tournament and most succeeded their first year and are continuing to develop and play next year.

8 North Texas freshmen men's college soccer players made the TopDrawer Top 100 Freshmen list for 2012:

* Danny Garcia, University of North Carolina, FC Dallas Academy
* Zachery Mathers, Duke University, Solar Academy
* Jacob Speed, University of Kentucky, Dallas Texans Academy
* Cole Missimo, Northwestern, Solar Academy
* Zach Bennett, Michigan State, Solar Academy
* Alfred Koroma, University of Akron, Solar Academy
* Michael Ambrose, FC Dallas Academy
* Tony Santibanez, Furman University, AYSES Gold 94

Solar Academy has 4 on list followed by FC Dallas Academy with 2, AYSES Gold 94 1, and Dallas Texans Academy 1

There are many other players who have done well as freshmen this was a very big class from North Texas who went on to play college soccer. Congratulations to all the players who have went on to play college soccer and have at least 3 more years of college soccer to go.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college/freshmentop100/?genderId=m&periodId=15&seasonId=2012&nopage=3

Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/27/2012, 5:20 am

Soccernovice wrote:The 94 graduating class has done well their first year in college soccer with many in North Texas getting accolades at the conference or national level in NCAA Division I, II, and III. Many had the opportunity to play in the NCAA Championship tournament and most succeeded their first year and are continuing to develop and play next year.

8 North Texas freshmen men's college soccer players made the TopDrawer Top 100 Freshmen list for 2012:

* Danny Garcia, University of North Carolina, FC Dallas Academy
* Zachery Mathers, Duke University, Solar Academy
* Jacob Speed, University of Kentucky, Dallas Texans Academy
* Cole Missimo, Northwestern, Solar Academy
* Zach Bennett, Michigan State, Solar Academy
* Alfred Koroma, University of Akron, Solar Academy
* Michael Ambrose, FC Dallas Academy
* Tony Santibanez, Furman University, AYSES Gold 94

Solar Academy has 4 on list followed by FC Dallas Academy with 2, AYSES Gold 94 1, and Dallas Texans Academy 1

There are many other players who have done well as freshmen this was a very big class from North Texas who went on to play college soccer. Congratulations to all the players who have went on to play college soccer and have at least 3 more years of college soccer to go.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college/freshmentop100/?genderId=m&periodId=15&seasonId=2012&nopage=3

this is great news so did therse kids all receive full athletic scholarships or partial along with academic scholarships?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 12/27/2012, 2:06 pm

Not sure about each player but usually top players can get a full scholarship with combination of athletic and academic scholarship money. For our team the AYSES 94 Gold team, many got a combination of athletic and academic scholarships with some full scholarships. At least one player got 100% athletic scholarship for DI on our team. Three of our four DI signees got ~ 100% scholarships using a combination of athletic and academic scholarship money. One of those was an outstanding student in High School. Most of our DII players got a combination of athletic and academic scholarships although one school did not have athletic scholarship available (new program). Some of our DIII players got large academic scholarships including one got 100% academic for tuition and fees.

Our players have enjoyed college soccer and have gotten together for a friendly scrimmage with AYSES graduates over Christmas holidays. Enjoy the club soccer ride and if college soccer is a good fit with your sons plans make sure they have good grades and get visibility with college coaches starting their Junior year. Be flexible on where they want to go to school there are many good choices.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 1/5/2013, 11:26 pm

I am pleased to announce a 12th AYSES 94 Gold soccer team member has committed to play college soccer. Isaac Urcuyo has verbally committed to play for the Florida Gulf Coast University men's soccer program for the 2013 season which plays in the NCAA Division I in the Atlantic Sun Conference. Assistant Coach Aldez has attended many of the AYSES Gold 94 games in the past at various college showcases and was at the AYSES Soccer Complex over the Christmas Holidays recently observing AYSES players. Isaac is the 5th player from this former Classic League Division I team that committed to play NCAA Division I college soccer.

Isaac Urcuyo was a key contributor to the AYSES 94 Gold club team which was ranked at the end of their club soccer career (July 2012) as the #1 club team in North Texas and in the Top 20 teams nationally by GotSoccer.com, after winning the Disney Showcase, competing in the 2012 Dallas cup, winning the North Texas State Cup, and reaching the semi-finals USYS 2012 Region III Championships. He also helped lead his Plano Senior High soccer team to the Texas 5A High School Regional semifinal game in 2012 with fellow AYSES 94 graduates Tony Santibanez and Ramon Gallegos. He was a part of the AYSES Gold 94 program since the U-10 age level.

Isaac is an excellent student and plans to major in Business. Congratulations Isaac!

Isaac's verbal commitment will be updated soon on the EliteSoccerreport.com men’s 2013 college verbal commitments list (Elitesoccerreport.com has replaced ESPN RISE in tracking High School Boys soccer and college commitments). Here is a link to these college commitments where Isaac’s name should show up soon proudly representing the AYSES Soccer Club and Plano Senior High in Plano, Texas.

http://elitesoccerreport.com/2012/09/01/aatlantic-sun/

Isaac is the first of our three 94 age players who were on the AYSES 94 Gold team who will graduate a year later in 2013. Two other 2012 graduates on this team had NCAA Division I program interest from college showcases decided to attend the University of Texas at Austin and play club soccer. Their club team made it to the national championship tournament in 2012. This gives a total of 14 AYSES Gold 94 team members so far who have continued their soccer career into college as a member of a NCAA varsity team or college club team.

12.Isaac Urcuyo --- Florida Gulf Coast University, DI ---- Plano Senior High School
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 1/7/2013, 9:46 am

Soccernovice wrote:I am pleased to announce a 12th AYSES 94 Gold soccer team member has committed to play college soccer. Isaac Urcuyo has verbally committed to play for the Florida Gulf Coast University men's soccer program for the 2013 season which plays in the NCAA Division I in the Atlantic Sun Conference. Assistant Coach Aldez has attended many of the AYSES Gold 94 games in the past at various college showcases and was at the AYSES Soccer Complex over the Christmas Holidays recently observing AYSES players. Isaac is the 5th player from this former Classic League Division I team that committed to play NCAA Division I college soccer.

Isaac Urcuyo was a key contributor to the AYSES 94 Gold club team which was ranked at the end of their club soccer career (July 2012) as the #1 club team in North Texas and in the Top 20 teams nationally by GotSoccer.com, after winning the Disney Showcase, competing in the 2012 Dallas cup, winning the North Texas State Cup, and reaching the semi-finals USYS 2012 Region III Championships. He also helped lead his Plano Senior High soccer team to the Texas 5A High School Regional semifinal game in 2012 with fellow AYSES 94 graduates Tony Santibanez and Ramon Gallegos. He was a part of the AYSES Gold 94 program since the U-10 age level.

Isaac is an excellent student and plans to major in Business. Congratulations Isaac!

Isaac's verbal commitment will be updated soon on the EliteSoccerreport.com men’s 2013 college verbal commitments list (Elitesoccerreport.com has replaced ESPN RISE in tracking High School Boys soccer and college commitments). Here is a link to these college commitments where Isaac’s name should show up soon proudly representing the AYSES Soccer Club and Plano Senior High in Plano, Texas.

http://elitesoccerreport.com/2012/09/01/aatlantic-sun/

Isaac is the first of our three 94 age players who were on the AYSES 94 Gold team who will graduate a year later in 2013. Two other 2012 graduates on this team had NCAA Division I program interest from college showcases decided to attend the University of Texas at Austin and play club soccer. Their club team made it to the national championship tournament in 2012. This gives a total of 14 AYSES Gold 94 team members so far who have continued their soccer career into college as a member of a NCAA varsity team or college club team.

12.Isaac Urcuyo --- Florida Gulf Coast University, DI ---- Plano Senior High School

novice, just curious, where is Urcoyo playing this year...since his club team aged out last year?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 1/7/2013, 9:29 pm

He played for AYSES 94 Black in Classic League Division I along with two other remaining AYSES 94 Gold team 2013 graduates. They choose to stay with the AYSES development program and style of play for their senior year and last year of club soccer. The other two remaining non-committed 2013 graduates that played on the AYSES 94 Gold team were also with AYSES development program since U-10.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

94 Class In College Soccer Updates - Page 5 Empty North Texas State Cup 2013 - 94's in Action at One Last Time

Post by Soccernovice 4/11/2013, 5:58 pm

It is exciting to see 5 94 teams and one 95 team participate in the U-19 bracket of this year's state cup. The 94 class placed a lot of it's players in college soccer programs.

One match will probually have the most number of players who went on to play college soccer their freshmen year. I believe over 30 of the players who take the field in the ASYES 94 Gold vs Solar Academy U18 USSF Development Academy team will have just finished their freshmen year of college and college men's soccer. Almost 2/3 of the players went on to play in NCAA Division I men's soccer. AYSES 94 Gold was last year's state cup champion and regional semi-finalist. Solar U18 USSF DA was not allowed to play last year this is a great treat for that team to get to play again with their old team mates.

2013 North Texas State Cup

Tournament Dates:
May 04 - May 05 - U11 - U18
May 11 – May 12 - U11 - U18 - Semi & Finals
May 31- June 04 - U19

5/30/2013

Mens U19 BU19

Game Time Home Team Away Team Location
Bracket A
6:30 PM AYSES 94 BOYS GOLD (TXN) SOLAR CHELSEA U18 USSF ACADEMY (TXN) Richland Coll. #10

Bracket B
6:30 PM TFC 94 BOYS (TXN) DALLAS TEXANS (TXN) Richland Coll. #09
5/31/2013

Mens U19 BU19

Bracket A
6:30 PM HURST UNITED FC 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) AYSES 94 BOYS GOLD (TXN) Richland Coll. #10
Bracket B
6:30 PM AYSES 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) TFC 94 BOYS (TXN) Richland Coll. #09
6/1/2013

Mens U19 BU19

Bracket A
10:00 AM SOLAR CHELSEA U18 USSF ACADEMY (TXN) HURST UNITED FC 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) Richland Coll. #09
Bracket B
10:00 AM DALLAS TEXANS (TXN) AYSES 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) Richland Coll. #10

Playoffs
Semi-Finals 6:00 PM Bracket A #1 Bracket B #2 Richland Coll. #10
Playoffs
Semi-Finals 6:00 PM Bracket A #2 Bracket B #1 Richland Coll. #09
6/2/2013

Mens U19 BU19

Playoffs
Final 10:00 AM Semi-Finals A Winner Semi-Finals B Winner Richland Coll. #10

4/11/2013 6:09:15 PM

Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

94 Class In College Soccer Updates - Page 5 Empty Final Time to Play as A Team

Post by Soccernovice 5/29/2013, 7:45 pm

The players have all returned from college and have had an opportunity to practice as a team. It is a lot of fun for them since they have been away at college most playing college soccer for one year now. Feedback is wow we play together like we never went away to college. It is a great thing the National Youth Soccer Association does to have a U19 bracket for the state cup, regional, and national championship. The players love it and work hard to get prepared.

If you get a chance to come out, the Saturday morning game at 10 AM on Richland College Field #10 between the USDA Solar Academy 2012 graduates versus the AYSES 94 Gold graduates should be a fun game to watch. Solar was the best team their academy has graduated in my humble opinion and AYSES was the best team AYSES has graduated to date. AYSES Gold 94 was North Texas State Cup Champion last year and region III semi-finalist. Solar Academy was the Dallas Cup Champion and a very impressive team. I am sure all of the U19 players will have a blast this week-end win or loose.

Here is the final schedule games start tomorrow night:

Mens U19 BU19

Bracket A
6:30 PM AYSES 94 BOYS GOLD (TXN) TEXAS PREMIER FC 95B ARSENAL (TXN) Richland Coll. #02
Bracket B
6:30 PM TFC 94 BOYS (TXN) HURST UNITED FC 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) Richland Coll. #09
6:30 PM DALLAS TEXANS (TXN) AYSES 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) Richland Coll. #10
5/31/2013

Mens U19 BU19

Bracket A
6:30 PM TEXAS PREMIER FC 95B ARSENAL (TXN) SOLAR CHELSEA U18 USSF ACADEMY (TXN) Richland Coll. #10
Bracket B
6:30 PM AYSES 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) TFC 94 BOYS (TXN) Richland Coll. #02
6:30 PM DALLAS TEXANS (TXN) HURST UNITED FC 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) Richland Coll. #09
6/1/2013

Mens U19 BU19

Bracket A
10:00 AM SOLAR CHELSEA U18 USSF ACADEMY (TXN) AYSES 94 BOYS GOLD (TXN) Richland Coll. #10
Bracket B
10:00 AM TFC 94 BOYS (TXN) DALLAS TEXANS (TXN) Richland Coll. #09
10:00 AM HURST UNITED FC 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) AYSES 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) Richland Coll. #07

Playoffs
Semi-Finals 6:00 PM Bracket A #1 Bracket B #2 Richland Coll. #10
Playoffs
Semi-Finals 6:00 PM Bracket A #2 Bracket B #1 Richland Coll. #09
6/2/2013

Mens U19 BU19

Playoffs
Final 10:00 AM Semi-Finals A Winner Semi-Finals B Winner Richland Coll. #10

Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

94 Class In College Soccer Updates - Page 5 Empty U19 North Texas State Cup Updates - Day #1

Post by Soccernovice 5/30/2013, 11:45 pm

Interesting results first day of U19 north texas state cup. Dallas Texans 94's tie AYSES 95 Black. TFC 94 loses to Hurst United Black. AYSES Gold 94 wins spot in semi-finals with 7 to 1 win in first game. Dallas Texans 94 have several former Dallas Texans USSF Academy players on team one plays at University of Kentucky and other at Holy Cross DI programs. All boys (mini-men) having a lot of fun!

Mens U19 BU19

Flight Results Grid Print Standings

Bracket A

Thursday, May 30, 2013
AYSES 94 BOYS GOLD 7 TEXAS PREMIER FC 95B ARSENAL 1

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts

N/A: SOLAR CHELSEA U18 USSF ACADEMY (TXN)
1: AYSES 94 BOYS GOLD (TXN) 1 1 0 0 7 1 9
2: TEXAS PREMIER FC 95B ARSENAL (TXN) 1 0 0 1 1 7 1

Bracket B

Thursday, May 30, 2013
TFC 94 BOYS 2 HURST UNITED FC 94 BOYS BLACK 3
DALLAS TEXANS 0 AYSES 94 BOYS BLACK 0

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts

1: HURST UNITED FC 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) 1 1 0 0 3 2 9
2: AYSES 94 BOYS BLACK (TXN) 1 0 1 0 0 0 4
2: DALLAS TEXANS (TXN) 1 0 1 0 0 0 4
4: TFC 94 BOYS (TXN) 1 0 0 1 2 3 2

Semi Finals

Semi-Finals A

Bracket A #1

Bracket B #2

Semi-Finals B

Bracket A #2

Bracket B #1

Final

Semi-Finals A Winner

Semi-Finals B Winner

Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 6/1/2013, 1:40 pm

Nice display by AYSES 94 Gold today of the FC Barcelona style soccer today against the 94 US Development Academy Solar Academy players in the U19 bracket today with AYSES Gold 94 maintaining possession 75% plus during game winning the game 1 to 0. AYSES missed PK in 1st half. Goal scored by Ewahia Amhanesi who plays for Appalachian State University men's soccer team. Ewahia also created the PK being taken down in the box.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 6/1/2013, 2:49 pm

Novice,

As usual you twist the truth of the matter to suit you purpose never really painting a complete or accurate picture. I understand your need to try to come on to this forum to try and market the Ayses brand as a viable product against the stronger clubs. But even at that you should at least have the humility to accurately portray Ayses success today. You do a disservice to their accomplishment by spouting out half truths.

First off, this is NOT the Solar Academy team as you seem to want to make it. This was a bunch of players from the Solar 94 and Solar Red 94 team, a rag tag bunch, coming back together to have some fun playing in State Cup. Yes, 6 of the field players were on last years Solar Chelsea U18 Academy team that won Dallas Cup last year. 6 out of 16. State Cup has mistakenly listed this team that way through Gotsoccer but the team is register as Solar Chelsea U18 with NTX. This team is not and never was the Solar Chelsea U18 Academy team.

Now as far as the game, Ayses NEVER possessed the ball 75% of the game. Maybe 50% at best. And possession of the ball pinging it around on your defensive third without any accomplishment is a useless act. 75% of the game was played on the Ayses end of the field as Solar constantly threatened. Ayses connected once on one of their many long balls early in the game to their speedy forward before Solar realized how fast the kid was. The player made a nice strike to score. It was the ONLY shot on goal for Ayses the entire game. Where as the Solar team had 7 shots on goal in the second half. Solar was by far the dominate team on the field. Yes, the Ayses coach has done a very good job of teaching the players how to play keep away.

But the most glaring omission by you on the events was the fact Solar was coming off of a game that went into late last night. So basically Solar played a brutally physical game in which one of those 6 so called Academy players was carted off of the field not to play today. The players got home around 10:00 then turned around and got up at 7:30 this morning to come up and play another game. The Solar players were on dead legs while the Ayses team were on fresh legs not having to play a game the night before and Solar still dominated the game. These are the exact circumstance that sets the USSF Academy apart from NTX. The Academy is about quality play, not attrition.

Oh and one last thing. Ayses did not MISS a PK. The awesome Solar keeper blocked the PK. Just another distortion/half truth by you. I have come to expect them. And I can't even believe that you just compared Ayses Gold to FC Barcelina. Hubris run amok.

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dropball 6/1/2013, 3:36 pm

I take it the Solar "rag tag" team lost the game.
Dropball
Dropball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next