Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

What CL Teams Won't Make? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

What CL Teams Won't Make?

+8
ntxsoccerchat
RedBaron
True10
swindler
soccer96
soccerdad1
camjr
centermiddad
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What CL Teams Won't Make? Empty What CL Teams Won't Make?

Post by Guest 6/28/2009, 9:43 pm

Anybody have any scoop? Wednesday will be here pretty quick and am curious who may be scrambling.

Back to top Go down

What CL Teams Won't Make? Empty Re: What CL Teams Won't Make?

Post by centermiddad 6/28/2009, 10:17 pm

I will let you know first thing Thursday morning... lol!
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by camjr 7/3/2009, 10:24 am

Any updates on this? Anyone heard about any teams not making, consolidating, combining, etc.?
camjr
camjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 7/4/2009, 10:50 am

Heard East Texas Titans 96 (D3) might be in trouble. Also Boca from D3. Can anyone confirm?
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by camjr 7/4/2009, 10:55 am

I had heard about Boca, but thought ETX Titans was good to go, especially after winning the challenge tournament over Memorial Day weekend. There's a thread that the 95 Titans team didn't make, but I hadn't heard about the 96's.
camjr
camjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer96 7/4/2009, 2:23 pm

What I also heard is that most of the boca players went to the Longhorns and some to the ntx strikers.

soccer96
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 7/4/2009, 3:25 pm

There is not a East Texas Titan 96 on their website anymore. There is however a 96 Titan West team (formerly FW United West).
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by camjr 7/4/2009, 3:42 pm

If the ETX Titans team didn't make, I guess they're planning on sliding the Titans West (former FW United) team into the bye vacated by the ETX Titans team. We'll see how it shakes out. I would imagine there will be a couple of slots vacated at the end of the day, allowing more than just the top 2 challenge tournament teams to slide into D3 as teams move up to fill vacated slots above them.

Cheers!
camjr
camjr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 7/4/2009, 4:05 pm

Looks like Stampede will be back in Classic 3 and Select Force might make it in also. Also heard Titans might make an offer to a current FC Dallas team not currently in Classic dangling a Classic league spot to them. Wonder if this is what the league forsaw when giving the bye back to the club Laughing Looks like the Titans have figured out how the "game"is played.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 7/4/2009, 11:51 pm

I guess I'm behind on the news. I had heard about the ETX Titans, and see that they're no longer on the website, but they're showing a new(?) Molina 96 team in Dallas, and the new Titans West team, and even a 96 out of Waco. Can't TT put any of these 96 teams into their Classic spot?

I'd also heard rumors about Boca Jrs, but as far as I can tell, they're still having tryouts for their D2 team.

So where do you see the opportunity for two (or more) slots opening up?

This boils down to the unfortunate truth that the bye invite doesn't have the meaning it used to have when a club can fill it with any set of players it wishes. I'd like to see it abolished, but at a minimum they need to compromise that a team that is represented by 'new' players and doesn't bring back last year's team should have to move down one division, or out in the case of D3 teams.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 7/5/2009, 10:00 am

Exactly-letting a new team (or even a non deserving current team) take a bye that another one of the clubs teams earned into Classic is defeating the purpose and intent of their own constitution. At some point, a younger age team will move into Classic for the original team-i.e. a 97 team taking a 96 bye spot-just so the club can retain the bye.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 7/5/2009, 3:22 pm

soccerdad1 wrote: At some point, a younger age team will move into Classic for the original team-i.e. a 97 team taking a 96 bye spot-just so the club can retain the bye.

Younger teams playing up is common place in smaller soccer markets. STx for example, Lonestar have their top team in the age group play up for the competition.

The word "deserving" gets thrown around when it comes to byes referring to lower division 96 teams noving up without merit. But if one of the top 97 teams took a bye spot would the same complaint be made. The top 6-7 97s can compete and beat teams 4-13 in the 96 age group.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 7/5/2009, 4:07 pm

I agree as we were beat by a top 97 team before. My point was a club could put a 97 Plano team in a 96 Classic league spot if they had the bye. I am all fore bringing the N+1 rule back.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 7/5/2009, 6:51 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:My point was a club could put a 97 Plano team in a 96 Classic league spot if they had the bye.

Exactly. I realize that many clubs might have good teams available to backfill a bye slot, but they're not required to field an 'equal' team. Even for a club as big as FCD, there was talk earlier about the possibility of them fielding a middle-of-the-pack Plano team into D2. I was just suggesting that the replacement team should have merit.

But let's not hijack the thread and talk about the inequity of the bye system. Have any clubs talked about abandoning their bye invites? I thought the Titans weren't going to fill their slot - until they brought in two new divisions. Boca? I think they'll field something. As will everyone else. That was my point. The new bye rule lets any club (capable of finding 14 kids) to field a team. So why would a club ever give up a bye invite?
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 7/5/2009, 7:42 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:I agree as we were beat by a top 97 team before. My point was a club could put a 97 Plano team in a 96 Classic league spot if they had the bye. I am all fore bringing the N+1 rule back.

The classic league people cannot be oblivious. I hope. N+1, I think would not solve the problem. A move up one division and not letting a younger team move up would be a possiblity in conjunction with/and/or a n+1 system might work. Just a thought.

So did any teams not make?
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaron 7/5/2009, 8:04 pm

True10 wrote:
soccerdad1 wrote:I agree as we were beat by a top 97 team before. My point was a club could put a 97 Plano team in a 96 Classic league spot if they had the bye. I am all fore bringing the N+1 rule back.

The classic league people cannot be oblivious. I hope. N+1, I think would not solve the problem. A move up one division and not letting a younger team move up would be a possiblity in conjunction with/and/or a n+1 system might work. Just a thought.

Sorry - the Classic board needs to STOP inventing rules to curb work around. They need to step up and evaluate the violators and put them in their place. Headed in a different direction, the new substitution rule is absurd. How many players will work their butt off during practice only to ride pine during games. WHAT purpose does the rule enforce? If there are too many substitutions, then have the refs deny the number of substitutions at the end of the game. Don't penalize the young men trying to get playing time on a competitive team.
RedBaron
RedBaron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerchat 7/5/2009, 8:53 pm

Any specific reason why Dallas Texans White 96 is no longer listed on the Texans website?

ntxsoccerchat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillkickin 7/5/2009, 8:58 pm

They're still listed - just out of order.
Stillkickin
Stillkickin
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 7/5/2009, 9:01 pm

Good catch-this should be interesting
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cranky 7/6/2009, 6:51 am

RedBaron wrote:
True10 wrote:

Sorry - the Classic board needs to STOP inventing rules to curb work around. They need to step up and evaluate the violators and put them in their place. Headed in a different direction, the new substitution rule is absurd. How many players will work their butt off during practice only to ride pine during games. WHAT purpose does the rule enforce? If there are too many substitutions, then have the refs deny the number of substitutions at the end of the game. Don't penalize the young men trying to get playing time on a competitive team.

Where you go wrong is thinking the Classic Board is there to help and or protect the players. There purpose, from what I have seen, is to protect and further the goals of the clubs.

Cranky
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/6/2009, 10:19 am

cranky is absolutely correct. Make no mistake, they are there to serve the clubs, not the kids.

Enough on that topic..any other news on the original question about what CL teams did not make. So far, only Boca?

Back to top Go down

Post by fifa2010 7/6/2009, 12:36 pm

just heard that 96 FC Dallas West (old Alliance from Arlington) will get a Classic Bye but do not know which division or for which FC Dallas team

fifa2010
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 7/6/2009, 1:47 pm

Well, at least they finished third in Arlington last year. Good for them, and good luck.

So would somebody explain to me why teams even bother with the challenges? It seems there's a much easier way to get into Classic.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 7/6/2009, 2:03 pm

Cranky wrote:
RedBaron wrote:
True10 wrote:

Where you go wrong is thinking the Classic Board is there to help and or protect the players. There purpose, from what I have seen, is to protect and further the goals of the clubs.

Where you go wrong is thinking the league came up with this out of the blue. It was approved by the coach's committee. So if you don't like it, you may want to go talk with your coach or DOC, as they probably voted for it!
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerchat 7/6/2009, 2:15 pm

My bad on the Texans White thing. No fair putting teams out of order!

On the other note, doesn't matter what system CL puts in place. Coaches (or directors or parents or whomever you wish to blame today) will find a way around, over or through the rules.

ntxsoccerchat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next