Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 Pre academy  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 Pre academy

+14
Ibystander
go99
Laimport
finish1
Sparky1
Sweeper20
forbin
indyfc
rantnrave
Ibra
Axxman
Soccerinsanity
crazyET
omega striker
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

99 Pre academy  Empty 99 Pre academy

Post by omega striker 8/4/2012, 8:51 pm

so now that the rosters are filled and the ink is dry lets get some pre-season chatter going Laughing who looks to be strongest as far as rosters go and how many players are getting the "dual roster" nod? anybody want to go out on a limb....... Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

99 Pre academy  Empty Re: 99 Pre academy

Post by crazyET 8/4/2012, 9:50 pm

omega striker wrote:so now that the rosters are filled and the ink is dry lets get some pre-season chatter going Laughing who looks to be strongest as far as rosters go and how many players are getting the "dual roster" nod? anybody want to go out on a limb....... Razz
Good luck getting any takers on that post. I remember a similar request for 98s last year and you could hear a pin drop. I'm not familiar with who rostered who so maybe someone else can fill us in.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/4/2012, 10:57 pm

crazyET wrote:
omega striker wrote:so now that the rosters are filled and the ink is dry lets get some pre-season chatter going Laughing who looks to be strongest as far as rosters go and how many players are getting the "dual roster" nod? anybody want to go out on a limb....... Razz
Good luck getting any takers on that post. I remember a similar request for 98s last year and you could hear a pin drop. I'm not familiar with who rostered who so maybe someone else can fill us in.
yea I know i got two buddys on two different sides that disagree so i started this thread in their honor! Wink
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 8/5/2012, 12:04 pm

I'll play!

I think DT might be strongest in the beginning but think that Solar's possession game will start to beat the direct play by the end of April. It will be hard-fought games between these two.

FCD will be third. They definitely have talent but not certain how many of their extra players are political choices, because FCD lives and loves the politics.

Andro will be fourth, maybe not massacred the same as the 98s last year, but still a long year for this blend of loyal Andro followers mixed with BSF.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/5/2012, 7:58 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:I'll play!

I think DT might be strongest in the beginning but think that Solar's possession game will start to beat the direct play by the end of April. It will be hard-fought games between these two.

FCD will be third. They definitely have talent but not certain how many of their extra players are political choices, because FCD lives and loves the politics.

Andro will be fourth, maybe not massacred the same as the 98s last year, but still a long year for this blend of loyal Andro followers mixed with BSF.

No offense but you need to lay off the weed. FCD plays Solar first on September 9th, looking forward to it. I have a friendly wager vs. a DT parent, would you like to join in on the fun?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 8/5/2012, 8:21 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:I'll play!

Curious as to how many of the players that populate the FCD/Texans/Solars PA teams were actually playing with them in CL last year?
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/5/2012, 8:43 pm

This is the first year of pre academy for the 99s and each club wants to start off as strong as possible obviously. That means they will take kids regardless of where they played so lbra's question doesn't really mean much imo until after the first year of PA. At that time if the kids are developing like the club envisions and they made good picks then you would hope a good majority move on to the next year. If soccerinsanity thinks FCD is the only club making picks based on politics, he's nuts. I know for a fact that DT and Solar have kids on their roster for the wrong reasons, such is life. Sounds to me like perhaps SI didn't make the FCD team and ended up on Solar, thus the comment, but whatever. Having said that, if my numbers are right, 33% of our team came from within the club.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 8/5/2012, 9:26 pm

Sounds like Ax is feeling a little insecure! LOL! It's just a prediction Ax, why so upset?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/5/2012, 9:57 pm

Insecure, hardly, just telling it like it is based on what I've seen and heard. Wonder what you base your predictions on.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 8/6/2012, 8:31 am

Just what I've seen and heard Laughing
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/6/2012, 8:55 am

Sounds like you've heard and bought the KS hype. Lets just give it a few weeks, hopefully this team works out for you, for a change.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/6/2012, 12:07 pm

so fellas are we going to keep this civil? or the usual? Laughing
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 8/6/2012, 12:09 pm

omega striker wrote:so fellas are we going to keep this civil? or the usual? Laughing

fellas?

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 8/6/2012, 1:15 pm

What? You want us to say we'll play nice? We thought we were! cheers
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/6/2012, 1:29 pm

rantnrave wrote:
omega striker wrote:so fellas are we going to keep this civil? or the usual? Laughing

fellas?
buddys,amigos,homeboys,bro's bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 8/6/2012, 1:49 pm

omega striker wrote:
rantnrave wrote:

fellas?

I only questioned the gender involved here.

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/6/2012, 2:02 pm

rantnrave wrote:
omega striker wrote:
rantnrave wrote:

fellas?

I only questioned the gender involved here.
oooooooooooooooooooo so which one then Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 8/6/2012, 7:16 pm

I think FCD & DT will fight it out for the top spot with just pure talent, they are both loaded with it.

If the couple of 99 DT PA bbs playing with the 98 DT PA team come down and play with their age group I think it will be enough for DT to be on top. If they don't, give me FCD with their BFS bbs.

Solar will be third. No BFS standouts on that team, but may have the best possession game of all 4 teams, it may just not translate into wins vs BFS FCD & BFS DT.

Andro will be better. They will not get killed like the 98 PA team got killed this past season. The TFC bbs will definetely make that team better, but not enough to put them on top of any of the other 3 local PA team.

Good luck to all 4 teams....
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by forbin 8/6/2012, 8:59 pm

I thought the whole idea of PA (and DA for that matter) was to have the best players develop under less pressure to win and more emphasis on individual player development. It sounds like a great concept but I think there are a lot of NTX parents that are not ready to embrace that notion, hence these threads about who has the "BEST" PA team. Parents' egos just won't get out of the way.

I think the PA programs will eventually be good for giving players opportunities that might not otherwise be able to afford the training as well as giving a break to those who can. I don't think the programs are there yet as they are still in development, and are not necessarily grabbing all of the best players. In fact, there are many players I know that are in PA programs that I am not sure should even be in CL1. I would think that will work itself out in the coming years, but PA is not stocked solely with all elite players right now, and CL is not as watered down because of PA as some have surmised.

forbin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper20 8/6/2012, 9:19 pm

CL is watered down quite a bit no way around that. This does not make either CL or PA a bad decision, I suppose you could also make the argument that PA is still watered down a bit as well based on the posts regarding that it is political and many good players are playing CL still. PA is a step closer in the right direction as long as the clubs stay focused on development. I think DT took some really good steps this year by moving numerous kids up in all age divisions to focus on development. Does anyone else know if the other 3 are doing the same? If you look at the PA teams for DT there are about 3 kids per age group playing up and with the 99's there are 5-6. Seems different then what I have seen in the past.

Sweeper20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky1 8/6/2012, 10:52 pm

forbin wrote:I thought the whole idea of PA (and DA for that matter) was to have the best players develop under less pressure to win and more emphasis on individual player development. It sounds like a great concept but I think there are a lot of NTX parents that are not ready to embrace that notion, hence these threads about who has the "BEST" PA team. Parents' egos just won't get out of the way.

I think the PA programs will eventually be good for giving players opportunities that might not otherwise be able to afford the training as well as giving a break to those who can. I don't think the programs are there yet as they are still in development, and are not necessarily grabbing all of the best players. In fact, there are many players I know that are in PA programs that I am not sure should even be in CL1. I would think that will work itself out in the coming years, but PA is not stocked solely with all elite players right now, and CL is not as watered down because of PA as some have surmised.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Maybe PA didn't affect your team cause nobody from it went to PA, but the top teams took their hits. DTR's best player by far went pa, barcelona is a shell of what it was, DT Leite is no longer together, FCD Premier lost players to pa, SR lives and dies by it's pa players, etc., and this on top of the hit 99 classic took a year ago to pa. But no, it's not as watered down.

Sparky1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/7/2012, 8:12 am

forbin wrote:I thought the whole idea of PA (and DA for that matter) was to have the best players develop under less pressure to win and more emphasis on individual player development. It sounds like a great concept but I think there are a lot of NTX parents that are not ready to embrace that notion, hence these threads about who has the "BEST" PA team. Parents' egos just won't get out of the way.

That was the hype surrounding PA, that is was about long term development with more training and fewer games. Great in theory, but in practice, there was a national championship on the line. So, clubs did the usual and played to win. In my opinion, the only difference between PA and CL is the cost is much more. It's the same people doing the same things the same way for the same reasons.

On a bright note, I hope KS takes his time with his bunch and gets them ready for U16. Maybe someone will figure it out. Reyna has certainly let us down...
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/7/2012, 8:45 am

PA is no more than a collaboration between sanctioned DA clubs and US Club Soccer.

It is simply an 'add on' for the big clubs. Additional revenue.

Is it a "higher level of play"? Probably in most cases.

Is it a better development tool? Highly debatable.

It probably does contribute further to the dilution of the talent pool. But that's always been a problem with youth soccer.

10 years ago, if you won a U15 USYS national title, you could legitimately say you were the best u15 team in the country. Now, not so much.

Then again, I would be more interested in where those u15 players 10 years ago are playing now...if you know what I mean.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/7/2012, 8:55 am

it certianly does look like it's turned into CL+ and not a developmental league at all. I would expect Texans to win it all. Learn to play be damned. HN will do what it takes to win. It should take FCD awhile to come on to the "FCD" way of playing regardless of talent. Hopefully smudgie fingers is getting his team ready for the academy and the way they play. If that is the case, it will also cost them games. Andro may do alot better this year as last years team had a good number of 99's who could drop down.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/7/2012, 10:57 pm

Sparky1 wrote:

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Maybe PA didn't affect your team cause nobody from it went to PA, but the top teams took their hits. DTR's best player by far went pa, barcelona is a shell of what it was, DT Leite is no longer together, FCD Premier lost players to pa, SR lives and dies by it's pa players, etc., and this on top of the hit 99 classic took a year ago to pa. But no, it's not as watered down.
well said sir! cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next