Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

PLD and Refereeing Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

PLD and Refereeing

+17
odie1993
SoccerDunce
OnTheSurface
PG-Boy
twotone
rdg
soccerdad1
Hatrick3
my2cents
soccerman771
The German
soccermanaic77
Goooal!!!
rvpformvp
Ibra
love_your_refs
hoosier41
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PLD and Refereeing Empty PLD and Refereeing

Post by hoosier41 9/1/2012, 5:24 pm

I know I will probably getted slammed for this post but is it too much to ask to have refs that can keep up with the pace of the game? Today we had a middle and AR that clearly were out of shape trying to keep up with a very competitive U16 Boys Gold game. At the end it came down to a PK call (yes we were on the wrong end of the call) but it was made by a middle who was trailing the play by at least 30 yards and an AR that was out of position by 15 at least 15 yards. How can you possible make a call from behind the play? If the kids are going to work there tails off in this kind of heat the refs should have the ability to keep up with the game. There are a ton of great refs in the metroplex but it is frustrating to get guys that are clearly out of shape trying to keep up with the game.

hoosier41
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

PLD and Refereeing Empty Re: PLD and Refereeing

Post by love_your_refs 9/1/2012, 6:02 pm

Yes its too much to ask. If he made the call from 30, then it would have only been easier for him at 10.

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 9/1/2012, 6:24 pm

love_your_refs wrote:Yes its too much to ask. If he made the call from 30, then it would have only been easier for him at 10.
The lack of quality officiating at this tournament is meant to make you appreciate the quality of the officiating when league play starts next week! affraid
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 9/1/2012, 6:52 pm

Well then I am really looking forward to next week. Quality so far has been very sketchy. Suspect
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 9/1/2012, 8:02 pm

rvpformvp wrote:Well then I am really looking forward to next week. Quality so far has been very sketchy. Suspect
Sad is the "S" word that I was thinking of...although I would think there are others...Can you say grade 9?
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooal!!! 9/1/2012, 8:33 pm

love_your_refs wrote:Yes its too much to ask. If he made the call from 30, then it would have only been easier for him at 10.

Yes, stupid fouls are easy to see from just about any angle, and usually result in a deserved PK.
Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

PLD and Refereeing Empty Refs or Ref /raf

Post by soccermanaic77 9/1/2012, 9:03 pm

To the great ones that have yellow jerseys and blow whistles, you sucked today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. OMG
soccermanaic77
soccermanaic77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoosier41 9/1/2012, 9:11 pm

Agreed a stupid foul is easy to call from any viewpoint on the pitch. When it is shoulder to shoulder and both middle and AR are out of position, they should not determine the outcome (yes we where on the losing end) If the pace of the game is faster than you, then find guys who can keep up. Both the middle and the AR were out of shape. It is not fair to both teams who worked their tails off to have the outcome decided by two guys who failed to get in the right position to make the call. It will be no different than next weekend whem the NFL takes the field with guys who cannot keep up with the pace of the game. If you are getting paid to do a job, then you should be able to keep pace.

hoosier41
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoosier41 9/1/2012, 9:17 pm

I will add when the player extends his arms like Greg Louganis it is rather obvious they have spent a great deal of time watching way too much pro soccer on TV. But in fairness to him, great job of selling the foul

hoosier41
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 9/1/2012, 9:53 pm

I guess we are lucky so far. Both games we had so far the refs were consistent and didn't make any terrible calls.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 9/2/2012, 4:08 am

hoosier41 wrote:Agreed a stupid foul is easy to call from any viewpoint on the pitch. When it is shoulder to shoulder and both middle and AR are out of position, they should not determine the outcome (yes we where on the losing end) If the pace of the game is faster than you, then find guys who can keep up. Both the middle and the AR were out of shape. It is not fair to both teams who worked their tails off to have the outcome decided by two guys who failed to get in the right position to make the call. It will be no different than next weekend whem the NFL takes the field with guys who cannot keep up with the pace of the game. If you are getting paid to do a job, then you should be able to keep pace.

Its just one game, result doesn't even mean much when 8 of 12 teams get through to knockout round. Maybe they are saving better refs for the playoffs.

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman771 9/2/2012, 8:32 am

hoosier41 wrote:I know I will probably getted slammed for this post but is it too much to ask to have refs that can keep up with the pace of the game? Today we had a middle and AR that clearly were out of shape trying to keep up with a very competitive U16 Boys Gold game. At the end it came down to a PK call (yes we were on the wrong end of the call) but it was made by a middle who was trailing the play by at least 30 yards and an AR that was out of position by 15 at least 15 yards. How can you possible make a call from behind the play? If the kids are going to work there tails off in this kind of heat the refs should have the ability to keep up with the game. There are a ton of great refs in the metroplex but it is frustrating to get guys that are clearly out of shape trying to keep up with the game.

Honestly, it is not too much to ask. I'm a fellow referee and hearing stories like this is why I keep my fitness up. I ran a half marathon in August as part of my fitness regiment. This is disheartening to people like me who stay in shape and constantly practice to hone our skills. That said, this is a HUGE tournament with over 600 teams. There are several out of town referees that are brought in to help with the officiating and there are many very good referees. What you describe is obviously a YHTBT scenario, but on a break away play I can see a center being 30 yards away and still getting it "correct". There is NO excuse for an AR to be that far from 2LD.

And yes, I have one of the finals on Monday. Very Happy

soccerman771
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/2/2012, 9:29 am

hoosier41 wrote:Agreed a stupid foul is easy to call from any viewpoint on the pitch. When it is shoulder to shoulder and both middle and AR are out of position, they should not determine the outcome (yes we where on the losing end) If the pace of the game is faster than you, then find guys who can keep up. Both the middle and the AR were out of shape. It is not fair to both teams who worked their tails off to have the outcome decided by two guys who failed to get in the right position to make the call. It will be no different than next weekend whem the NFL takes the field with guys who cannot keep up with the pace of the game. If you are getting paid to do a job, then you should be able to keep pace.

Except that the NFL guys are making hundreds of dollars (or even thousands ??) and your AR probably made $20. I know you and others say it does not matter, do it right or quit. But their is also a saying that you get what you pay for. The problem is too many good ones quit. They tire of not knowing their weekend schedules until mid-week everyweek. They tire of the sideline know it alls. Their heart is no longer in it and they quit. I have a 20 yearold who is/was a very good AR. Gave it up out of disgust over parental sideline behavior.

I just hope since your have no hesitation to come on here and slam a poor crew that you are just as quick to the end line at the end of a game to thank a good one.

U16 and you have not gotten used to tournament reffing yet?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman771 9/2/2012, 9:59 am

my2cents wrote:

Except that the NFL guys are making hundreds of dollars (or even thousands ??) and your AR probably made $20. I know you and others say it does not matter, do it right or quit. But their is also a saying that you get what you pay for. The problem is too many good ones quit. They tire of not knowing their weekend schedules until mid-week everyweek. They tire of the sideline know it alls. Their heart is no longer in it and they quit. I have a 20 yearold who is/was a very good AR. Gave it up out of disgust over parental sideline behavior.

I just hope since your have no hesitation to come on here and slam a poor crew that you are just as quick to the end line at the end of a game to thank a good one.

This rarely/never happens. Even on games were the CR "nails it".

soccerman771
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/2/2012, 10:43 am

soccerman771 wrote:
my2cents wrote:

This rarely/never happens. Even on games were the CR "nails it".

Not never. I do it EVERY time a center nails it. I can tell by the look on some faces that it is, unfortunately, very rare.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hoosier41 9/2/2012, 11:30 am

Just like the previous poster, I am quick to let the refs know when they have done a good job. I have been at this soccer thing for over 8 years and most of the time they work their tails off and do a good job. It just seems this weekend we are getting stuck with guys who are not fit and cannot keep up with the pace of pay. I know it is a thankless job but you would think if you sign up for the job you should at least be able to keep up with the game. And yes fortunatly we moved on as a wildcard so yesterdays call did not harm us too bad.

hoosier41
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goooal!!! 9/2/2012, 12:39 pm

Sorry to all of you whiners for your losses in the tourney. Better play and a better team and winning miraculously makes the officiating better.
Goooal!!!
Goooal!!!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoosier41 9/2/2012, 12:48 pm

Dont believe there was any whinning. We had officials earlier today that once again failed to keep pace with the game. We won 2-0 so winning did not make them any better. The point of my post is as folows. If you are going to step on the pitch you better be in shape to keep up with the action around you. If your too out of shape to put yourself in the proper position to make the call, you should not be on the pitch.

hoosier41
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatrick3 9/2/2012, 12:58 pm

I agree. It's that simple. Some games, I'm more worried about the AR's health than the players.

Hatrick3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 9/2/2012, 1:23 pm

hoosier41 wrote:
Dont believe there was any whinning. We had officials earlier today that once again failed to keep pace with the game. We won 2-0 so winning did not make them any better. The point of my post is as folows. If you are going to step on the pitch you better be in shape to keep up with the action around you. If your too out of shape to put yourself in the proper position to make the call, you should not be on the pitch.

Be realistic-do you think the refs requested a game that they knew it was hard to keep up with? Maybe that was their 3rd game in the heat that day. The refs do the best job that they can for not much money. Quit griping and become a referee yourself.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoosier41 9/2/2012, 1:27 pm

9 am game so not a likely excuse. I would agree with a previous post that there is genuine concern on the sideline for the health of the AR and middle at certain times.

hoosier41
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 9/2/2012, 7:38 pm

Ok-maybe he had a hangover
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 9/2/2012, 9:06 pm

Goooal!!! wrote:Sorry to all of you whiners for your losses in the tourney. Better play and a better team and winning miraculously makes the officiating better.

For the second year in a row we have won our games and would also claim that the officiating was piss poor.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 9/2/2012, 10:46 pm

what's the count on how many games were played this weekend? I don't have the number but it has to be huge. Let's just say that the pool of refs had to match and that is going to mean that some games had refs below the standard we are used to. I'm sure all of the out of town teams didn't bring top ref crews along to even things out.
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 9/2/2012, 10:52 pm

funny thing about the referee "deciding" the outcome of a game in the final minute. usually there are 59-89 OTHER minutes in a game where the players decide the outcome by scoring goals, causing fouls, missing passes, making saves, and doing that thing that's generally called soccer. hope you bash your own kid for the 12 times he turned over the ball in that game also, since the just one of those turnovers could've most definitely "decided" the outcome of the game if it was successful.

nobody seems to ever post about that though....wonder why? maybe it's easier to blame someone else. aw forget, of course its easier to blame someone else.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next