Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Radical Idea? Shake Parent's Hands Before Game Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Radical Idea? Shake Parent's Hands Before Game

+3
The German
debit
WylieFather
7 posters

Go down

Radical Idea? Shake Parent's Hands Before Game Empty Radical Idea? Shake Parent's Hands Before Game

Post by WylieFather 9/4/2012, 8:43 am

Just an idea. But maybe parents need to take a brief moment during warm ups to say "Good Luck" or shake an opposing parent's hand before game. These kids are still learning and would be nice if parents could set an example of good sportsmanship. And there are so many soccer games ahead of us for years to come. It would be nice to set the good tone now. Might calm some craziness later in the game.

Going to try it this weekend. Going to be a tough sell since the team we are playing is probably the one that wants to beat us the most this season. Hoping we can put it behind us and just root for good soccer no matter what the outcome is. One game on a random Saturday is not going to be the end of the known universe.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the season.

WylieFather
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Radical Idea? Shake Parent's Hands Before Game Empty Re: Radical Idea? Shake Parent's Hands Before Game

Post by debit 9/4/2012, 9:43 am

WylieFather wrote:Just an idea. But maybe parents need to take a brief moment during warm ups to say "Good Luck" or shake an opposing parent's hand before game. These kids are still learning and would be nice if parents could set an example of good sportsmanship. And there are so many soccer games ahead of us for years to come. It would be nice to set the good tone now. Might calm some craziness later in the game.

Going to try it this weekend. Going to be a tough sell since the team we are playing is probably the one that wants to beat us the most this season. Hoping we can put it behind us and just root for good soccer no matter what the outcome is. One game on a random Saturday is not going to be the end of the known universe.

I have a feeling I know what game you're referring to. Was discussing our schedule this week with my son and when I told him his game this week was at 8am, he groaned. When I told him who the opponent was, his attitude immediately changed, and he was looking forward to another chance to play them.

He actually ran into our backyard, ripped off his shirt, painted his chest with the blood of a dead chicken while screaming to the heavens, "VENGEANCE IS MINE!"

Ok, I may have made that last part up, but he really does want another shot at that team.

I would be willing to shake your hand before the game and think that's a great idea, but unfortunately I have to miss it due to a schedule conflict with my daughter's game. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and the boys will play well and stay injury free.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Radical Idea? Shake Parent's Hands Before Game Empty Re: Radical Idea? Shake Parent's Hands Before Game

Post by The German 9/4/2012, 10:00 am

During the 00 final yesterday some of the parents of each team were actually sharing the tent. Rules were simple: As long as you are quiet you can stay in the shade. I think we all had fun just watching the boys or we were just dead tired.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by WylieFather 9/4/2012, 2:55 pm

debit wrote:
WylieFather wrote:Just an idea. But maybe parents need to take a brief moment during warm ups to say "Good Luck" or shake an opposing parent's hand before game. These kids are still learning and would be nice if parents could set an example of good sportsmanship. And there are so many soccer games ahead of us for years to come. It would be nice to set the good tone now. Might calm some craziness later in the game.

I have a feeling I know what game you're referring to. Was discussing our schedule this week with my son and when I told him his game this week was at 8am, he groaned. When I told him who the opponent was, his attitude immediately changed, and he was looking forward to another chance to play them.

He actually ran into our backyard, ripped off his shirt, painted his chest with the blood of a dead chicken while screaming to the heavens, "VENGEANCE IS MINE!"

Ok, I may have made that last part up, but he really does want another shot at that team.

I would be willing to shake your hand before the game and think that's a great idea, but unfortunately I have to miss it due to a schedule conflict with my daughter's game. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and the boys will play well and stay injury free.

Yeah. It was unfortunate it got a little out of hand. I look forward to the re-match just for the talent that is on the field and good soccer in general.

I would love to shake your hand. Maybe next time the kids play each other. Because we will play each other many more times over the years.

Good luck to your son & daughter

WylieFather
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Refmike 9/5/2012, 11:42 am

debit wrote:

it is a very good idea to shake hands with the other parents' before the game, and since you are going to be at your daughter's game instead, why don't you shake somebody's hand before that game?
Good luck
Rm
Refmike
Refmike
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TKC99 9/5/2012, 12:10 pm

Completely agree. We were playing a team on Sunday from Tulsa and I went over at halftime to say hi and ask if they have had a good time in the area. The invisible wall and seeming tension that exists was completely torn down. We had some great conversations and at the end they were so thankful for the hospitality. In the midst of what can be a tense competitive environment a simple friendly exchange helps everyone to see that we are all in this together trying to raise and support our kids!

TKC99
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 9/5/2012, 2:02 pm

Refmike wrote:
debit wrote:

it is a very good idea to shake hands with the other parents' before the game, and since you are going to be at your daughter's game instead, why don't you shake somebody's hand before that game?
Good luck
Rm

I'm sorry, but no can do. You see, this is a big game for my daughter's team. This is the season opener in what's likely to be her final season playing rec soccer before she moves on to dance or gymnastics. Furthermore, we (the Ladybugs) are playing our archrival, the Butterflies. Not only do we need to prove ourselves as the best flying insect on the pitch, but we need a clean sheet because every time the Butterflies score a goal, their coach does a cartwheel. I'm so sick and tired of seeing that guy do a cartwheel 11-12 times a game as he runs up the score. Under the guise of fun and excitement, I know that he's really trying to goad me into submitting this to Bud and Dan for GNG. All I know is that if the Ladybugs don't get a clean sheet, I'm taking all the cupcakes and capri suns back to my house for my mid-morning snack. Hopefully, I'll remember to take my daughter back to my house too. I'm tired of losing to those damn Butterflies in their cute pastel uniforms. There's a reason why the local rec association insists that the parents sit on opposite sides of the field at this park. If I were on the same sideline as the Butterflies coach, I'd jack him up mid-cartwheel. As it is, I know he'll try to shake my hand after the kids run through the post-game tunnel, but I'm thinking about gluing some thumb tacks to the palm of my hand and teaching him the Ladybugs secret handshake.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 9/5/2012, 3:14 pm

debit wrote:
Refmike wrote:
debit wrote:

Good luck
Rm

I'm sorry, but no can do. You see, this is a big game for my daughter's team. This is the season opener in what's likely to be her final season playing rec soccer before she moves on to dance or gymnastics. Furthermore, we (the Ladybugs) are playing our archrival, the Butterflies. Not only do we need to prove ourselves as the best flying insect on the pitch, but we need a clean sheet because every time the Butterflies score a goal, their coach does a cartwheel. I'm so sick and tired of seeing that guy do a cartwheel 11-12 times a game as he runs up the score. Under the guise of fun and excitement, I know that he's really trying to goad me into submitting this to Bud and Dan for GNG. All I know is that if the Ladybugs don't get a clean sheet, I'm taking all the cupcakes and capri suns back to my house for my mid-morning snack. Hopefully, I'll remember to take my daughter back to my house too. I'm tired of losing to those damn Butterflies in their cute pastel uniforms. There's a reason why the local rec association insists that the parents sit on opposite sides of the field at this park. If I were on the same sideline as the Butterflies coach, I'd jack him up mid-cartwheel. As it is, I know he'll try to shake my hand after the kids run through the post-game tunnel, but I'm thinking about gluing some thumb tacks to the palm of my hand and teaching him the Ladybugs secret handshake.

This may be in the running for post of the year. That's funny!!

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/5/2012, 3:17 pm

debit wrote: I'm sorry, but no can do. You see, this is a big game for my daughter's team. This is the season opener in what's likely to be her final season playing rec soccer before she moves on to dance or gymnastics. Furthermore, we (the Ladybugs) are playing our archrival, the Butterflies. Not only do we need to prove ourselves as the best flying insect on the pitch, but we need a clean sheet because every time the Butterflies score a goal, their coach does a cartwheel. I'm so sick and tired of seeing that guy do a cartwheel 11-12 times a game as he runs up the score. Under the guise of fun and excitement, I know that he's really trying to goad me into submitting this to Bud and Dan for GNG. All I know is that if the Ladybugs don't get a clean sheet, I'm taking all the cupcakes and capri suns back to my house for my mid-morning snack. Hopefully, I'll remember to take my daughter back to my house too. I'm tired of losing to those damn Butterflies in their cute pastel uniforms. There's a reason why the local rec association insists that the parents sit on opposite sides of the field at this park. If I were on the same sideline as the Butterflies coach, I'd jack him up mid-cartwheel. As it is, I know he'll try to shake my hand after the kids run through the post-game tunnel, but I'm thinking about gluing some thumb tacks to the palm of my hand and teaching him the Ladybugs secret handshake.

Bows to Master
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by WylieFather 9/6/2012, 9:48 am

debit...BaD Radio references make you my number one hero. Nice work, sir.

WylieFather
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down