Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Article on Soccer Development in MLS Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Article on Soccer Development in MLS

3 posters

Go down

Article on Soccer Development in MLS Empty Article on Soccer Development in MLS

Post by Guest 9/21/2012, 4:27 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2012/09/20/3389585/seth-vertelney-major-league-soccer-reaches-a-crossroads-in-youth-

This is an intersting article on Soccer Development in the US for MLS squads and the problem of having too may younger/future prospects that do not get much first team game time. It argues there is a gap being created where the homegrown MLS Players wind up signing a contract but do not get many games as they are too young or not far enough along yet. The problem is there is no where to get good games.

The last part of the article states one of the pojected solutions that may affect us here in NTX is they will move DA to the younger ages (U13 or U14). The proposed reason is to get those kids in the system at a younger age so when they hit 17 or 18 they are more advanced and better players, that can then contribute to the First Team.

Back to top Go down

Article on Soccer Development in MLS Empty Re: Article on Soccer Development in MLS

Post by slampg 9/21/2012, 5:05 pm

Gatorz wrote:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2012/09/20/3389585/seth-vertelney-major-league-soccer-reaches-a-crossroads-in-youth-

This is an intersting article on Soccer Development in the US for MLS squads and the problem of having too may younger/future prospects that do not get much first team game time. It argues there is a gap being created where the homegrown MLS Players wind up signing a contract but do not get many games as they are too young or not far enough along yet. The problem is there is no where to get good games.

The last part of the article states one of the pojected solutions that may affect us here in NTX is they will move DA to the younger ages (U13 or U14). The proposed reason is to get those kids in the system at a younger age so when they hit 17 or 18 they are more advanced and better players, that can then contribute to the First Team.

I read this too and was troubled by the direction Agoos is proposing. They might find "the diamond in the rough" at the younger ages but most likely they will identify those kids that physically mature more quickly. So... BFS's get more training and attention (a good thing) and smaller, less mature kids get left behind further widening the training gap that already exists (a really bad thing). To prove my point, in the younger age groups of D1 Classic league, the majority of kids on each roster are in the older age bracket (i.e. team X has only a few '01s on their U11 team; most of them are '00s).

I realize that Academy is age pure, but you run into the same problem (only in reverse) where the Jan - June kids end up being grossly over-represented. Not sure what the answer is, but it's not what they are moving towards.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Article on Soccer Development in MLS Empty Re: Article on Soccer Development in MLS

Post by PG-Boy 9/21/2012, 8:43 pm

The black hole can be covered two ways;

More reserve games, a lot more. There is a cost associated with travel that MLS will need a resource solution. Baseball has the minor leagues, so does soccer. Perhaps the MLS clubs can start owning teams in the lower divisions and using the leagues for the reserves to get a lot of minutes, there.

Do what the Mexican pro league does, mandate a certain number of minutes on the first team for the young players. I forget the formula used. But it ensures that the younger players are not lost in a black hole. Mexico has been winning a lot of international tournaments with their youth players.

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/21/2012, 10:29 pm

slampg wrote:
Gatorz wrote:

The problem is in identifing players. The players they have chosen to promote have dominated the younger ages with physical ability and athleticism . At 18-20 the field levels and they discover that the studs are " soccer stupid " they keep them on the reserves hoping that they will someday ( WAKE UP ) and develope the dynamic that they lack . IT SELDOM HAPPENS.. Dribbling with their heads down, poor decision making , lack of sound fundementals ,awful touch, an overall poor understanding of the game, playing with a me vs we concept.WE have no one to blame except the ones chosing who is selected and trained for the next level.

I read this too and was troubled by the direction Agoos is proposing. They might find "the diamond in the rough" at the younger ages but most likely they will identify those kids that physically mature more quickly. So... BFS's get more training and attention (a good thing) and smaller, less mature kids get left behind further widening the training gap that already exists (a really bad thing). To prove my point, in the younger age groups of D1 Classic league, the majority of kids on each roster are in the older age bracket (i.e. team X has only a few '01s on their U11 team; most of them are '00s).

I realize that Academy is age pure, but you run into the same problem (only in reverse) where the Jan - June kids end up being grossly over-represented. Not sure what the answer is, but it's not what they are moving towards.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/21/2012, 10:32 pm

plantit wrote:
slampg wrote:
Gatorz wrote:

The problem is in identifing players. The players they have chosen to promote have dominated the younger ages with physical ability and athleticism . At 18-20 the field levels and they discover that the studs are " soccer stupid " they keep them on the reserves hoping that they will someday ( WAKE UP ) and develope the dynamic that they lack . IT SELDOM HAPPENS.. Dribbling with their heads down, poor decision making , lack of sound fundementals ,awful touch, an overall poor understanding of the game, playing with a me vs we concept.WE have no one to blame except the ones chosing who is selected and trained for the next level.

The problem is in identifing players. The players they have chosen to promote have dominated the younger ages with physical ability and athleticism . At 18-20 the field levels and they discover that the studs are " soccer stupid ", they keep them on the reserves hoping that they will someday ( WAKE UP ) and develope the dynamic that they lack .

IT SELDOM HAPPENS.. Dribbling with their heads down, poor decision making , lack of sound fundementals ,awful touch, an overall poor understanding of the game, playing with a me vs we concept.

WE have no one to blame except the ones chosing who is selected and trained for the next level.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down