Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Odp vs Texas fall festival Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Odp vs Texas fall festival

5 posters

Go down

Odp vs Texas fall festival Empty Odp vs Texas fall festival

Post by Guest 11/12/2012, 9:36 am

Players might be a little scarce for odp, competing with a tournament......

Back to top Go down

Odp vs Texas fall festival Empty Re: Odp vs Texas fall festival

Post by Soccerinsanity 11/12/2012, 11:53 am

Depends on the luck of the schedule....
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/12/2012, 12:29 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Depends on the luck of the schedule....

It was coaches that were scarce at the 97 practice. One coach for 38 players. About one half hour late getting there. Embarassed

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 11/12/2012, 5:01 pm

Do you mean a couple of weeks ago, or last year?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/12/2012, 5:06 pm

My bad. Was talking about this past weekend practices. What ODP event is conflicting with Fall Festival?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 11/13/2012, 9:00 am

ODP has trainings this weekend, but it seems like different age groups are on different schedules this year (as opposed to the past where it seemed like all ages were back-to-back on the same weekend)
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 11/13/2012, 11:10 am

The 01s will be impacted by the Fall Festival. The "Big Four" clubs all have a TEPAL team in the tournament plus some of their D1 Classic League teams.

Too bad ODP didn't check the calendar. The Dallas Texans Fall Festival is one of the biggest local tournaments of the year with a definite major impact to ODP at all age levels.

One possible saving grace; as teams are eliminated in advance of Sunday, some kids may get free to attend ODP. It depends on how their individual teams perform at the tournament.

PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/13/2012, 11:33 am

Agree that they should have scrapped this weekend but not because of the big four. The big four top teams have very few ODP players. They do not encourage them to do ODP . They want to keep them for there own PA and DA programs. The big four do not even recgonize those who do it and make the final state or even regional teams. It has become more of a venue for top players that have not gone to top big 4 teams or players from top teams that are not big 4 teams.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 11/13/2012, 12:21 pm

my2cents wrote:Agree that they should have scrapped this weekend but not because of the big four. The big four top teams have very few ODP players. They do not encourage them to do ODP . They want to keep them for there own PA and DA programs. The big four do not even recgonize those who do it and make the final state or even regional teams. It has become more of a venue for top players that have not gone to top big 4 teams or players from top teams that are not big 4 teams.

Are you referring to a specific age group or is this an across the board assessment? When you consider the limited number of roster spots on PA and DA teams compared to the total pool of players in "the big 4" clubs I would suspect that there are still many in the ODP pools from "the big 4".

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/13/2012, 12:47 pm

Se La Perdio wrote:
my2cents wrote:Agree that they should have scrapped this weekend but not because of the big four. The big four top teams have very few ODP players. They do not encourage them to do ODP . They want to keep them for there own PA and DA programs. The big four do not even recgonize those who do it and make the final state or even regional teams. It has become more of a venue for top players that have not gone to top big 4 teams or players from top teams that are not big 4 teams.

Are you referring to a specific age group or is this an across the board assessment? When you consider the limited number of roster spots on PA and DA teams compared to the total pool of players in "the big 4" clubs I would suspect that there are still many in the ODP pools from "the big 4".

Many, not all, top big 4 coaches openly discourage ODP participation. Many parents take their word that it is not something worth pursuing for any of a myriad of reasons they may put forth. Others are afraid of their kid geting benched if they pareticipate against the coach's advice not to. Most other clubs and independents encourage their top players to set that as one of there goals. They even encourage players to go to the regional camp or interregionals if selected if it conflicts with team club games.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 11/13/2012, 12:49 pm

At the younger age spectrum the Big 4 may not encourage or discourage, rather, they may choose to be neutral. There are various talented players at 01/02 level participating at both TEPAL and ODP. And certainly a bigger batch participating in both CL D1 and ODP.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/13/2012, 1:10 pm

PG-Boy wrote:

At the younger age spectrum the Big 4 may not encourage or discourage, rather, they may choose to be neutral. There are various talented players at 01/02 level participating at both TEPAL and ODP. And certainly a bigger batch participating in both CL D1 and ODP.

IMO Refusing to acknowledge on their websites the players that make the state pools, state teams, regional pools or regional teams is hardly being nuetral

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 11/13/2012, 1:21 pm

my2cents wrote:
Se La Perdio wrote:

Many, not all, top big 4 coaches openly discourage ODP participation. Many parents take their word that it is not something worth pursuing for any of a myriad of reasons they may put forth. Others are afraid of their kid geting benched if they pareticipate against the coach's advice not to. Most other clubs and independents encourage their top players to set that as one of there goals. They even encourage players to go to the regional camp or interregionals if selected if it conflicts with team club games.

We are affiliated with one of the big 4 clubs and I guess I just do not see or hear of any discouragement from coaches to participate in ODP. I am not saying it is not there; however, you would think that with being involved with a big 4 club for five years and if many coaches were discouraging participation we should have heard some of that by now from parents during the "water cooler" discussions at practices and games. From what I have seen in the '99, '00 and '01 ODP boys pools, there seems to be many BB's from the big 4 clubs participating.

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 11/13/2012, 1:25 pm

my2cents wrote:
PG-Boy wrote:

IMO Refusing to acknowledge on their websites the players that make the state pools, state teams, regional pools or regional teams is hardly being nuetral

I think this just comes down a business only wanting to promote their product.

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/13/2012, 1:45 pm

I believe the "top" players in the "Big 4" are playing PA (U13-U15), with the remaining going ODP. The younger kids (U12/U11) may be playing a mix, but probably gravitate toward PA.

ODP as we knew it 2 years ago is gone forever.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/13/2012, 1:58 pm

Se La Perdio wrote:
my2cents wrote:
PG-Boy wrote:

I think this just comes down a business only wanting to promote their product.

No doubt. The others that do promote it do so out of self interest as well. The hope of keeping top talent and not losing them to PA qand DA.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 11/13/2012, 2:16 pm

finish1 wrote:I believe the "top" players in the "Big 4" are playing PA (U13-U15), with the remaining going ODP. The younger kids (U12/U11) may be playing a mix, but probably gravitate toward PA.

ODP as we knew it 2 years ago is gone forever.

With our "Big 4" club this is not entirely true. I know of a few "top" PA quality players who have passed on the PA opportunity as the training commitment (i.e. - 5 days a week) is more than what they, or their parents, wanted to commit to and they have opted to continue to participate in ODP.

The "face" of ODP has definitely changed with the advent of PA and I would agree that "ODP as we knew it 2 years ago is gone forever"; however, ODP is still valuable and viable. There are just more choices today.

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down