Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Self-Centered Coach - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Self-Centered Coach

+13
omega striker
Maradona
crazyET
Rooneyhasplugs
eredivisie
Number13
bigtex75081
twotone
Axxman
my2cents
D143
78Comet
Soccerinsanity
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Self-Centered Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Self-Centered Coach

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 11/23/2012, 5:04 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Rooneyhasplugs wrote:

What a joke and yes they are your employee, when one person pays another then that person receiving the money is an employee. coaches hate that idea but in reality they are no different than paying a piano teacher, or tennis pro to teach your kid a skill. keep that in mind and things become much simpler. these coaches need your money far more than you need them especially at 9 10 11 years old....lol
Go

silliest comment I have ever read on this board. Go with that if you want but you couldn't be more wrong.[/quote]

You must be a coach. Sorry to burst your bubble, this is kids soccer and a coach is once again just someone you pay to teach a skill and in ntx there are a million coaches. Parents foolishly give way too much power to these has beens who coach kids... [/quote]

Nope not a coach. You're delusional if you think the coach is your employee though. The rest of your comment I would agree with but my response was to your comment the coach is your employee. He's not.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 11/23/2012, 5:07 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:"You are the customer. They are selling. It doesn't make them your employee. I can't fire the guy who I am waiting in line to buy a Prius from. I can take my business elsewhere, but its not going to impact their revenue"

you are off the mark. that is a one off transaction. a coach is an ongoing relationship providing a service, similar to lawn cutting or taking your kid to music lessons. as far as the texans, if you want to let them act that way to you especially in academy, you deserve what you get. most teams in academy (especially 678 years old)will not resemble the select team and after the first year of select most teams have a lot of movement. i dont think you should be a pain in the butt but especially in academy play wherever and whenever you want. I promise if your kid has some talent they will be sought after but putting up with a ego jerk coach will do far more harm than good...

Again, the coach is not your employee. Its not even debatable although you appear to want to give it a go.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/23/2012, 6:00 pm

Rooneyhasplugs wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:"You are the customer. They are selling. It doesn't make them your employee. I can't fire the guy who I am waiting in line to buy a Prius from. I can take my business elsewhere, but its not going to impact their revenue"

you are off the mark. that is a one off transaction. a coach is an ongoing relationship providing a service, similar to lawn cutting or taking your kid to music lessons. as far as the texans, if you want to let them act that way to you especially in academy, you deserve what you get. most teams in academy (especially 678 years old)will not resemble the select team and after the first year of select most teams have a lot of movement. i dont think you should be a pain in the butt but especially in academy play wherever and whenever you want. I promise if your kid has some talent they will be sought after but putting up with a ego jerk coach will do far more harm than good...

Again, the coach is not your employee. Its not even debatable although you appear to want to give it a go.

lol, potato, potatoe. apparently it is highly debatable. in my world, when i pay people to do a service they are my "employee". now obviously they may "work" for the texans, lp, fcd etc. but i pay those people to provide a person to teach a skill. if that person is lacking, i fire him/her and employ someone else to do the work. i am in charge of the performance of that person and hire and fire them. I would propose that since teams implode and coaches frantically recruit players to keep their income
that the people they recruit are their employers.Now of course i dont think they are just there to order here and there but if they are doing a bad job IMO, i fire them and so should you. They are just kid's coaches and frankly many imo would be working at home depot loading my car given what i have seen of their business and personal skills if they weren't coaching....

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 11/23/2012, 7:33 pm

You don't have the ability to fire them. Only the club does. You can't direct the manner in which they complete their duties. You don't pay their taxes. You don't provide professional liability, health insurance, vacation time or any other employee benefits to them. Unless you want to be responsible for all of their actions, including their negligence and mistakes, and put them on your payroll, they are NOT your employee. You are a customer or, at best, they are an independent contractor. The ONLY thing you can do is leave or hire a different service provider (after you are released or on April 1). Your lawn care provider is a stupid example because I guarantee they aren't your employee. That's why you pay him cash, most likely, because you don't want the headache of dealing with the IRS (paying payroll taxes) and he doesn't want to deal with the IRS at all (paying any taxes). You can bitch and moan all you want but if the club isn't listening you are SOL.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/23/2012, 9:15 pm

crazyET wrote:You don't have the ability to fire them. Only the club does. You can't direct the manner in which they complete their duties. You don't pay their taxes. You don't provide professional liability, health insurance, vacation time or any other employee benefits to them. Unless you want to be responsible for all of their actions, including their negligence and mistakes, and put them on your payroll, they are NOT your employee. You are a customer or, at best, they are an independent contractor. The ONLY thing you can do is leave or hire a different service provider (after you are released or on April 1). Your lawn care provider is a stupid example because I guarantee they aren't your employee. That's why you pay him cash, most likely, because you don't want the headache of dealing with the IRS (paying payroll taxes) and he doesn't want to deal with the IRS at all (paying any taxes). You can bitch and moan all you want but if the club isn't listening you are SOL.

actually i guess we disagree on the word employee/customer both could be used in the context of what i am getting at. i follow the golden rule, whoever has the gold make the rules... when people pay me i am beholden to them, when i pay them it is reversed. but again i say, the clubs need your money far more than you need them. never forget.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/23/2012, 10:57 pm

crazyET wrote:You don't have the ability to fire them. Only the club does. You can't direct the manner in which they complete their duties. You don't pay their taxes. You don't provide professional liability, health insurance, vacation time or any other employee benefits to them. Unless you want to be responsible for all of their actions, including their negligence and mistakes, and put them on your payroll, they are NOT your employee. You are a customer or, at best, they are an independent contractor. The ONLY thing you can do is leave or hire a different service provider (after you are released or on April 1). Your lawn care provider is a stupid example because I guarantee they aren't your employee. That's why you pay him cash, most likely, because you don't want the headache of dealing with the IRS (paying payroll taxes) and he doesn't want to deal with the IRS at all (paying any taxes). You can bitch and moan all you want but if the club isn't listening you are SOL.

Like.

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/24/2012, 6:46 am

crazyET wrote:You don't have the ability to fire them. Only the club does. You can't direct the manner in which they complete their duties. You don't pay their taxes. You don't provide professional liability, health insurance, vacation time or any other employee benefits to them. Unless you want to be responsible for all of their actions, including their negligence and mistakes, and put them on your payroll, they are NOT your employee. You are a customer or, at best, they are an independent contractor. The ONLY/BEST thing you can do at this point is leave to the mexican leagues or hire a different service provider (after you are released or on April 1). Your lawn care provider is a stupid example because I guarantee they aren't your employee. That's why you pay him cash, most likely, because you don't want the headache of dealing with the IRS (paying payroll taxes) and he doesn't want to deal with the IRS at all (paying any taxes). You can bitch and moan all you want but if the club isn't listening you are SOL.
fixed it for you sir Razz I always say do your research!!! sometimes we make the mistake because the coach is a "nice guy" but still cant coach which doesnt mean he cant "train" them now this i think is where most of us get confused so let me add this to your list of what to watch for when looking for your next team go and watch the team practice and then watch them play a meaningful game not a scrimmage but its best to scout out your next team way before april👅
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/24/2012, 8:08 am

Found out yesterday that Wiz 99 coach let two of his players guest play with Rayados. One is his nephew and one of his midfielders. He told the other player that he would let him guest play with any team except ours. Why didn't he invite him to guest with Rayados? Answer? Because he is a swine.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/24/2012, 9:15 am

Riquelme wrote:Found out yesterday that Wiz 99 coach let two of his players guest play with Rayados. One is his nephew and one of his midfielders. He told the other player that he would let him guest play with any team except ours. Why didn't he invite him to guest with Rayados? Answer? Because he is a swine.
Wait... So you started this string with the statement "Wizards 99 coach did not enter his team in Bobby Rhine and one of his players wants to guest play with another team and he says no cuz he does not like that other team." Now you're telling us you're not the parent of the player. (I misread your openning post then.) You are instead associated to the team that made the offer for guest playing?

So... you're one of the people the Wizards 99 coach didn't want around his player because he doesn't like your team. You started the conflict in the first place by making the offer. You made the offer to a player that works with a coach whom you already knew didn't like your team?

Then... To make it look like he was wrong, and that he has no reason to dislike you and reject that offer, you started a string called "Self-Centered Coach" about him? You're denouncing the coach and saying that player should leave their team?

Riquelme - The credibility you had left with me is now completely gone. Your actions here have validated the Wizards 99 coach's decision to keep his players away from your group. Based on what I've read here and what you've tried to do to him on this board, if I was the Wizards 99 coach, I'd probably would have done the exact same thing.

Last edited by bigtex75081 on 11/24/2012, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 11/24/2012, 9:22 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:Found out yesterday that Wiz 99 coach let two of his players guest play with Rayados. One is his nephew and one of his midfielders. He told the other player that he would let him guest play with any team except ours. Why didn't he invite him to guest with Rayados? Answer? Because he is a swine.
Wait... So you started this string with the statement "Wizards 99 coach did not enter his team in Bobby Rhine and one of his players wants to guest play with another team and he says no cuz he does not like that other team." Now you're telling us you're not the parent of the player. (I misread your openning post then.) You are instead associated to the team that made the offer for guest playing?

So... you're one of the people the Wizards 99 coach didn't want around his player because he doesn't like your team. You started the conflict in the first place by making the offer. You made the offer to a player that works with a coach whom you already knew didn't like your team?

Then... To make it look like he was wrong, and that he has no reason to dislike you and reject that offer, you started a string called "Self-Centered Coach" about him? You're denouncing the coach and saying that player should leave their team?

Riquelme - The credibility you had left with me is now completely gone. Based on what I've read here and what you've tried to do to him on this board, if I was the Wizards 99 coach, I'd probably have done the exact same thing.

and off we go... cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 11/24/2012, 10:09 am

omega striker wrote:
crazyET wrote:You don't have the ability to fire them. Only the club does. You can't direct the manner in which they complete their duties. You don't pay their taxes. You don't provide professional liability, health insurance, vacation time or any other employee benefits to them. Unless you want to be responsible for all of their actions, including their negligence and mistakes, and put them on your payroll, they are NOT your employee. You are a customer or, at best, they are an independent contractor. The ONLY/BEST thing you can do at this point is leave to the mexican leagues or hire a different service provider (after you are released or on April 1). Your lawn care provider is a stupid example because I guarantee they aren't your employee. That's why you pay him cash, most likely, because you don't want the headache of dealing with the IRS (paying payroll taxes) and he doesn't want to deal with the IRS at all (paying any taxes). You can bitch and moan all you want but if the club isn't listening you are SOL.
fixed it for you sir Razz I always say do your research!!! sometimes we make the mistake because the coach is a "nice guy" but still cant coach which doesnt mean he cant "train" them now this i think is where most of us get confused so let me add this to your list of what to watch for when looking for your next team go and watch the team practice and then watch them play a meaningful game not a scrimmage but its best to scout out your next team way before april👅
Thanks for the correction. drunken
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 11/24/2012, 5:23 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:

Riquelme - The credibility you had left with me is now completely gone. Your actions here have validated the Wizards 99 coach's decision to keep his players away from your group. Based on what I've read here and what you've tried to do to him on this board, if I was the Wizards 99 coach, I'd probably would have done the exact same thing.

And, better yet perhaps the coach was truly looking out for his player because he knows something that the OP does not want to admit or knows nothing about. Before coming out here to bash or to attack the character of a coach or club, grow some cojones and expose yourself and motivation!. No credibility!
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/25/2012, 12:31 pm

To getafe and big tex. I will respond in due course when I get time. From what little I read you both seem to be going the wrong way with this and talking big. But give me some time to decipher your messages and I will get back to you. Unless Getafe you want to meet in person so we can see who really has cojones. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/26/2012, 10:28 am

bigtex75081 wrote:

So to answer your concern let me start with this. The player in question approached us with the desire to guest play with us. We did not know whether the coach liked us or not (which we do not care if he does or not). So the coach tells him no because he does not like us. We were happy to take the boy as a guest player. But honestly if the coach cared about his player and stopped thinking about how, boo hoo hoo, he does not like us then we would have no issue. The kid wanted to play so why not let him? Now for clarification, I know that coach and if you are implying that he cares about who his players hang around with then you dont know him and are speaking out of your rear end.

The other issue is that knowing that this player wants to play the tournament he could have invited him to play with the Rayados like he did for his grandson and the other midfielder. If he cared like you says he does why not have him guest play there? So I started this blog because I wanted everyone to know what a jerk the guy is. He only cares about how he feels and could care less about the player in question. Thanks for your input but you are wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/26/2012, 10:32 am

getafe01 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:

And, better yet perhaps the coach was truly looking out for his player because he knows something that the OP does not want to admit or knows nothing about. Before coming out here to bash or to attack the character of a coach or club, grow some cojones and expose yourself and motivation!. No credibility!

Getafe, I responded to Big Tex and that includes your statement. Now for you I have a different response. You want me to expose myself and show if I have cojones. Now I am not sure if you want to take me to dinner or you are challenging me to some duel. I would be glad to meet you somewhere and show you that I back up what I say in person too. But I know that you wont accept that because you are just an internet tough guy. You actually make me laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/26/2012, 10:54 am

RQ, not hatin' just statin', but you left the Wizards for Barcelona and obviously carry some resentment towards the coach. Maybe he thinks you're trying to cherry pick his team via guest playing and rejected your deal. Sounds like the feeling is mutual.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/26/2012, 11:06 am

Riquelme wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:

So to answer your concern let me start with this. The player in question approached us with the desire to guest play with us. We did not know whether the coach liked us or not (which we do not care if he does or not). So the coach tells him no because he does not like us. We were happy to take the boy as a guest player. But honestly if the coach cared about his player and stopped thinking about how, boo hoo hoo, he does not like us then we would have no issue. The kid wanted to play so why not let him? Now for clarification, I know that coach and if you are implying that he cares about who his players hang around with then you dont know him and are speaking out of your rear end.

The other issue is that knowing that this player wants to play the tournament he could have invited him to play with the Rayados like he did for his grandson and the other midfielder. If he cared like you says he does why not have him guest play there? So I started this blog because I wanted everyone to know what a jerk the guy is. He only cares about how he feels and could care less about the player in question. Thanks for your input but you are wrong.
When folks first enter this market they think that we’re operating in this HUGE space with infinite numbers of other people. They think their options are everywhere. That’s not really the case though... The truth is that we’re in a small market niche. The jerks you see this weekend are the same jerks you’re probably going to see next weekend. That horrible coach that you think is a lazy bum might show interest in your BB next June. This market, especially as the guys get older, becomes a lot less fluid and a lot more static. As the BBs age, a bridge burner doesn’t get very many chances to build new bridges.

We have to protect our reputations. Our reputations here (especially for coaches) have higher value than almost anything. A good reputation will attract people to you and help you move forward. Good word-of-mouth can turn you into a superstar even if it isn’t really justified. A bad reputation though will destroy anything good you have to offer.

If you don’t care about the way you’re perceived in this market, your opportunity to do good things will shrink away from you. People around here talk a lot. Opinions about us, whether they’re fair or unfair, swirl everywhere we go. Nobody, especially in places like this, seems afraid to speak their mind and bash others.

So I ask this Riquelme… Has you, your coach, or your team possibly become a victim of a bad reputation?
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 11/26/2012, 11:31 am

So you are a coach, bigtex? If so, I will have to start a thread with questions for you rabbit

My bb hasn't ever played for Barca or the Wiz, so I have no dog in the hunt...but I will comment on your question about reputations since I hear about both of these teams and my bb has played them over the years.

Barca: When they were much younger, they had a reputation for fouls. But in the past few years, they have developed the fastest footskills and don't foul anymore.

Wiz: When they were younger, they also had a rep for using BSF players who used a few fouls, too. Now their rep is of a scrappy team that finds the way to win.

Neither team has a negative rep!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/26/2012, 11:56 am

bigtex75081 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:

When folks first enter this market they think that we’re operating in this HUGE space with infinite numbers of other people. They think their options are everywhere. That’s not really the case though... The truth is that we’re in a small market niche. The jerks you see this weekend are the same jerks you’re probably going to see next weekend. That horrible coach that you think is a lazy bum might show interest in your BB next June. This market, especially as the guys get older, becomes a lot less fluid and a lot more static. As the BBs age, a bridge burner doesn’t get very many chances to build new bridges.

We have to protect our reputations. Our reputations here (especially for coaches) have higher value than almost anything. A good reputation will attract people to you and help you move forward. Good word-of-mouth can turn you into a superstar even if it isn’t really justified. A bad reputation though will destroy anything good you have to offer.

If you don’t care about the way you’re perceived in this market, your opportunity to do good things will shrink away from you. People around here talk a lot. Opinions about us, whether they’re fair or unfair, swirl everywhere we go. Nobody, especially in places like this, seems afraid to speak their mind and bash others.

So I ask this Riquelme… Has you, your coach, or your team possibly become a victim of a bad reputation?

The answer to your question is no. My issue has already been stated. We are not upset because that player did not play for us. I'm upset that he did not let him play with Rayados like he did his grandson and the other player. He told the dad that any team besides Barca, ok so why did he not invite him to that other team? Because my point is he does not have that kids best interest at heart. Plain and simple. The kid is a good player and his coach should allow him opportunities to compete and improve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 11/26/2012, 7:23 pm

Riquelme wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:

The answer to your question is no. My issue has already been stated. We are not upset because that player did not play for us. I'm upset that he did not let him play with Rayados like he did his grandson and the other player. He told the dad that any team besides Barca, ok so why did he not invite him to that other team? Because my point is he does not have that kids best interest at heart. Plain and simple. The kid is a good player and his coach should allow him opportunities to compete and improve.

Yeah whatever dude. something tells me you are leaving out part of the story. In fact i know you are

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/26/2012, 8:09 pm

To Rooney. Say what u have to say. Give me your theory. You want to add more salsa on these tacos so go ahead. I have said all that is but if you think you know more then go on and astonish us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/27/2012, 1:35 pm

finish1 wrote:RQ, not hatin' just statin', but you left the Wizards for Barcelona and obviously carry some resentment towards the coach. Maybe he thinks you're trying to cherry pick his team via guest playing and rejected your deal. Sounds like the feeling is mutual.

Maybe youre right. But the fact remains that he could have taken him to guest play with Rayados. He told the dad, any team but Barca...ok then take him to guest play with the other team. My point is that he does not care about what is best for his players. I have no issue that he did not let him play with us but to not even consider him for guest play on Rayados is wrong. Considering the boy is one of his best players. And I have had all season to bash this coach and have refrained from doing so. But when he uses a kid to make a point then that bothers me. In all honesty I'm glad we are out of there. BUt I thank you for your commentary. At least you keep it clean and dont start offending. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by 78Comet 11/27/2012, 3:07 pm

Before I say anything I realize that my opinion on this matter probably won't matter to you Riquelme. But, as an objective observer, it is clear to me that you have something against this coach. You have now changed your argument twice to fit your own hatred of him. You need to let it go, if not for you then for your own kid and his team's sake. This will only eat you up and get you nowhere. Unfortunately, it also makes you look bad, no offense.

Jules
78Comet
78Comet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/27/2012, 3:34 pm

Still can't figure out why the hell anyone cares. Baby soccer is over and most coaches will not let you guest play for another team. So what!!!! Is the coach self centered? Of course he is. He is only concerned about himself and his team
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/27/2012, 3:45 pm

78Comet wrote:Before I say anything I realize that my opinion on this matter probably won't matter to you Riquelme. But, as an objective observer, it is clear to me that you have something against this coach. You have now changed your argument twice to fit your own hatred of him. You need to let it go, if not for you then for your own kid and his team's sake. This will only eat you up and get you nowhere. Unfortunately, it also makes you look bad, no offense.

Jules

Jules, I appreciate your input, however, youre wrong. I do not hate anyone I just think it's shi*$^ to use a kid as leverage. I have not changed my story at all. I dont feel like repeating it of course but the point was and is that he does not care about the player in question. Nothing is eating me up, I am completley happy and just feel bad for that player who wanted to play but his coach did not give him a chance. The kid's dad approached us and we told him sure just get a release. The dad asked the coach to think about his kid but the coach said no. He said (I cant believe I'm repeating this) that you can guest play with any team and he did not invite him to guest play with the team he sent his grandson and other midfielder. He just wanted to stick it to me maybe, using a kid to send a message. The kid was upset and the dad found out he took those other two players to guest play even after he denied him that opportunity.

Once again, Jules, I dont hate him but I do hate how that boy was treated and that is the point of this whole thing. I hope that clears it up but I've learned that folks on here have selective reading. Thanks though!

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 1/25/2013, 11:01 pm

I have a question regarding coaches treatment of players. My son joined a new team this year. He is a good player...not a superstar but a solid defender. His coach clearly has favorites on his team and my son is not one of them. We went through the fall season and I kept my mouth shut and blamed it on just settling into a new team. I heard rumors that this coach had a lot of players leave last year because of his "favorites" issues but I really felt like it wasn't my place to tell him how to coach.

Tonight I was sitting in my car behind the bench and I saw the coach yelling in my sons face because he didn't call out his sub quick enough. Before I knew it...I was in the coaches face screaming. I don't know what came over me but I just couldn't watch a grown man yell so disrespectfully at a 14 year old. Don't get me wrong...this was not I am your coach do what I say yelling...it was you are dirt on my shoe yelling.

The coach and I had words after the game...where he spoke to me like I was beneath him and told me to never talk to him during a game again. Not really sure who he thinks he is but I am sure I really don't like him.

To say the least we will be leaving this team...but now I need to know is how? Do we just not play this season? Can I report him...and if so to who? I am sure the coach won't care where we go as he flat out said...if you don't like the way I am then take your son and leave. Clearly he doesn't value my son as a player or a human and frankly I don't want him influencing my son in any way.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2