Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

High School Soccer Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

High School Soccer

+4
debit
SDadX2
my2cents
The German
8 posters

Go down

High School Soccer Empty High School Soccer

Post by Guest 12/17/2012, 9:05 am

So I hear there is a rule that your competitive coach cannot be your high school coach. Is there any truth to that?

Back to top Go down

High School Soccer Empty Re: High School Soccer

Post by The German 12/17/2012, 9:27 am

That's correct according to UIL rules. However I have seen fellow coaches switch their teams for competetive soccer.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/17/2012, 9:30 am

The German wrote:That's correct according to UIL rules. However I have seen fellow coaches switch their teams for competetive soccer.

How do you mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 12/17/2012, 11:54 am

They can not coach high school age players in club. Conflict of interest. So they can do up to U14.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 12/17/2012, 1:14 pm

my2cents wrote:They can not coach high school age players in club. Conflict of interest. So they can do up to U14.

I'm not sure if it is UIL or District policy, but some areas it starts when your child enters the 7th grade. Once you child enters the 7th grade the High School coach cannot be their Select coach, so it's earlier than U14.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 12/17/2012, 2:22 pm

my2cents wrote:They can not coach high school age players in club. Conflict of interest. So they can do up to U14.

I don't know the exact rule, but that doesn't sound correct. I know multiple high school coaches who coach U15-U19 age groups in club soccer. Are all these guys breaking the rule? Seems like that would have been easy for UIL to discover and enforce.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 12/17/2012, 2:28 pm

debit wrote:

I don't know the exact rule, but that doesn't sound correct. I know multiple high school coaches who coach U15-U19 age groups in club soccer. Are all these guys breaking the rule? Seems like that would have been easy for UIL to discover and enforce.

They can coach U15-U19, just not kids that are in their ISD.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco 12/17/2012, 3:31 pm

SDadX2 wrote:

I'm not sure if it is UIL or District policy, but some areas it starts when your child enters the 7th grade. Once you child enters the 7th grade the High School coach cannot be their Select coach, so it's earlier than U14.

It's a UIL rule and thus a public district rule. It's published in the UIL portal.

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/17/2012, 3:49 pm

oh well

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 12/17/2012, 4:53 pm

HS coach can coach kids in district, they just can not coach kids that play on the school team. There is an example of such in Classic '97 age group.

The rule is kind of common sense. Otherwise the 'club' coach could be working on the HS team year round and unfair to other schools.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 12/17/2012, 8:36 pm

rdg wrote:HS coach can coach kids in district, they just can not coach kids that play on the school team. There is an example of such in Classic '97 age group.

The rule is kind of common sense. Otherwise the 'club' coach could be working on the HS team year round and unfair to other schools.

Unless the rule has recently changed, no HS coach of ANY sport can coach a club player that attends his/her school or a feeder school for his/her HS once the kid hits 8th grade. For example, Coach Ed coaches the girls soccer team at North HS and a 98 Boys club team. A boy attending North HS could not join Coach Ed's club team. Same thing for Coach Bob, head golf coach at West HS. No boy that goes to West HS or a West HS feeder school (8th grade up) can play for Coach Bob's club soccer team.
UIL rules as others mention.

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 12/18/2012, 7:05 am

Ed wrote:
rdg wrote:HS coach can coach kids in district, they just can not coach kids that play on the school team. There is an example of such in Classic '97 age group.

Unless the rule has recently changed, no HS coach of ANY sport can coach a club player that attends his/her school or a feeder school for his/her HS once the kid hits 8th grade. For example, Coach Ed coaches the girls soccer team at North HS and a 98 Boys club team. A boy attending North HS could not join Coach Ed's club team. Same thing for Coach Bob, head golf coach at West HS. No boy that goes to West HS or a West HS feeder school (8th grade up) can play for Coach Bob's club soccer team.
UIL rules as others mention.

Right. But he can have kids that go to other schools in the same district on his his club team.

Although, I believe, that the team I am aware of had some players that had to decide whether they wanted to play HS or club for this coach because they did attend same school.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 94/00 12/19/2012, 12:45 pm

Soccer Manual from UIL:

(F) OFF-SEASON PARTICIPATION IN NON-SCHOOL TEAM SPORTS.
(1) School coaches shall not coach 7-12 grade students from their own attendance zone on a non-school team or in
a non-school camp or clinic, with the exception of their own adopted or birth children.

(G) COACHING RESTRICTIONS. For non-school competition, school coaches shall not schedule matched games
for students in grades 7-12 from their attendance zone. School coaches may assist in organizing, selecting players and coaches, and may supervise school facilities for non-school league play. School coaches shall not coach or instruct 7-12 grade students from their school district attendance zone in the team sports of baseball, basketball, football, soccer, softball or volleyball. School coaches shall not supervise facilities for non-school activities on school
time. See Section 1201.

94/00
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down