Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

State Cup brackets & predictions Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

State Cup brackets & predictions

+9
ontherightside
Real Barcelona
go99
getafe01
onetouch
ICThelight
Joker
omega striker
DadofDefense
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

State Cup brackets & predictions Empty State Cup brackets & predictions

Post by DadofDefense 4/12/2013, 8:14 am

http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=30832

Bracket A
Solar Chelsea Red, DTxns South, Ayses Gold
Bracket B
DTxn Red, FCD Central, Barca, FCD Gold
Bracket C
Liverpool, FCD Premier, FCD Youth, Wizards

Predictions:
Bracket A winner vs Wildcard = Solar vs. FCD Premier
Bracket B winner vs Bracket C winner = DTxn Red vs. Liverpool

Final:
Solar vs. DTxn Red = a good game, maybe PKs

There is my opinion. Thoughts?
DadofDefense
DadofDefense
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

State Cup brackets & predictions Empty Re: State Cup brackets & predictions

Post by omega striker 4/27/2013, 9:26 am

my picks for this state cup tourney 2013

Bracket A winner

Solar Red hands down!

Bracket B winner

DTR

Bracket C winner

this is going to be the dogfight bracket

Liverpool has had injuries

FCD premier has been on the decline since the spring season began

FCD lopez seemed to better in the spring but still either hot or cold

wizards well this will probably be their last tourney before losing whats left of their good players

quick notes

Ayses will take 2 losses lucky for them they only play two games and if they felt like FCD lopez was physical then this tourney will have them in shock!

FCD gold same issue although the can play physical and have a solid defense they will needsome good finishers to compete, im sure figo has already addressed this with his parents,look out strikers Razz

wizards without their striker up top they will go 3 and out and im hearing they will lose him and a few others for next season not good at all

FCD premier not sure how this team will do or maybe their plans for next season will effect them?

FCD central no guest players to help them in this one
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker 5/4/2013, 12:40 pm

What happened to FCD Premier? affraid
Joker
Joker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/4/2013, 6:20 pm

Joker wrote:What happened to FCD Premier? affraid
they got beat by a relegated D2 team tongue

also

DTR 2 FCD Gold 0

Solar Red 3 Ayses gold 0

FCD central 2 Barcelona 1

Liverpool 3 wizards 2

DTS 2 Ayses 1
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker 5/5/2013, 1:46 pm

Wow just checked the standings did Classic relegate the right FCD team? Lopez winning his bracket - congrats to them hope they pull off some upsets!
Joker
Joker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/5/2013, 9:39 pm

Joker wrote:Wow just checked the standings did Classic relegate the right FCD team? Lopez winning his bracket - congrats to them hope they pull off some upsets!
yea that makes you wonder huh? if you go by the new league standard they were the ONLY D2 team in the tournament and are now in the semis affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ICThelight 5/5/2013, 10:41 pm

To be a top coach at FCD you have to have connections or be a good politician. That gets you the top talent. Then it's downhill from there. Some of the better coaches are at the lower ranks but unfortunately they will never get a sniff at the better teams.

It's unfortunate really, they get the pick of the litter and don't know how to develop. Then a better latin player comes along and so the story goes. There are exceptions but very very limited. Clem, Hayden, Suarez, Pino, etc. etc. Been doing it for a long time and history will keep repeating itself.

ICThelight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouch 5/5/2013, 11:16 pm

ICThelight wrote:To be a top coach at FCD you have to have connections or be a good politician. That gets you the top talent. Then it's downhill from there. Some of the better coaches are at the lower ranks but unfortunately they will never get a sniff at the better teams.

It's unfortunate really, they get the pick of the litter and don't know how to develop. Then a better latin player comes along and so the story goes. There are exceptions but very very limited. Clem, Hayden, Suarez, Pino, etc. etc. Been doing it for a long time and history will keep repeating itself.

You definitely know your FCD soccer!!!!!! Politics is their biggest problem though, especially when it comes to PA/DA. If you want to make PA, just come to tryouts from another club, like Texans or Andro, let Hayden know you are there, then you are in, especially if you have ever played for, or are related to anyone who might know someone that played for JB.
onetouch
onetouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 7:09 am

ICThelight wrote:To be a top coach at FCD you have to have connections or be a good politician. That gets you the top talent. Then it's downhill from there. Some of the better coaches are at the lower ranks but unfortunately they will never get a sniff at the better teams.

whaoooooo hold on there bud, not sure about your list there what has clem and pino done exactly? both those coaches for instance drug down that 99 team that suarez had and if fcd were smart they would beg suarez to take the team back and hopefully salvage whats left and make the a true top fcd team again. from what im told clem and pino should just stick to training and at the smaller ages at that.

speaking of which hey ICthelight/coach will you be taking the texans academy team? if not then stop calling me my bb wont go unless your there? how many from fcd are going overthere anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 5/7/2013, 8:28 am

onetouch wrote:

You definitely know your FCD soccer!!!!!! Politics is their biggest problem though, especially when it comes to PA/DA. If you want to make PA, just come to tryouts from another club, like Texans or Andro, let Hayden know you are there, then you are in, especially if you have ever played for, or are related to anyone who might know someone that played for JB.

This sounds more like sour grapes.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/7/2013, 9:37 am

whaoooooo hold on there bud, not sure about your list there what has clem and pino done exactly? both those coaches for instance drug down that 99 team that suarez had and if fcd were smart they would beg suarez to take the team back and hopefully salvage whats left and make the a true top fcd team again. from what im told clem and pino should just stick to training and at the smaller ages at that.

speaking of which hey ICthelight/coach will you be taking the texans academy team? if not then stop calling me my bb wont go unless your there? how many from fcd are going overthere anyway?[/quote]

Pump the breaks there Boss. A little revisionist history there. That team was never a top team to drag down and never really above mid pack. Clem and Pino have left the team where it has always been, mediocre. FCD Prem has some good kids on it just like central (may have more talent) and FCD Navy(?)but it does not have all of the best FCD kids in the age group so it is Premier in name only. If there is any fault at all with Pino and Clem is that they both made their own beds to lay in. They made poor teams and they are just coaches not magicians.

I have been impressed with the work Suarez has been doing but if I was him I would stay away from that team. It's time for him to step into the academy. Not mire himself down in mediocrity. I doubt politics of the club would allow him to make many roster changes and without that, they are what they are.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 5/7/2013, 10:48 am

getafe01 wrote:
onetouch wrote:

Who is JB? Any hints?

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 5/7/2013, 10:51 am

Real Barcelona wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
onetouch wrote:

Who is JB? Any hints?

Josema Bazan - came to FCD two years ago from defunct Andro.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ICThelight 5/7/2013, 11:42 am

The Boss wrote:

speaking of which hey ICthelight/coach will you be taking the texans academy team? if not then stop calling me my bb wont go unless your there? how many from fcd are going overthere anyway?

Hey Boss, either you're drunk or retarded. Coach? How many are going over there? You keep on pretending.

That was just a short list, I as well as many others can add to it if you'd like. So why don't you tell me, what have Pino and Clem done exactly? The answer is simple, nothing at al. And they will continue coaching the "Premier" teams and will continue to do nothing at all. They can't win, they can't develop, etc. etc. If a good practice every so often is what floats your boat, row away. And Suarez, cmon now. You can assist and carry coat tails around all day long but on his owwn, all talk and nothing more. Sure likes to talk though, especially behind the scenes....

ICThelight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/7/2013, 12:30 pm

I will be the first to say FCD has too many coaches that shouldn't be coaching at a professional organization. I have always thought Suarez had a passion for youth soccer and when he came back from the academy I saw some really good things from a guy who put in a lot of extra work and dedication to improve himself as a coach. He is a young guy who cares about what he is doing and wants to do it the right way. Coming out of academy I would have always been there to support him, but I would now. I would love to see him take a pre academy or maybe 13/14 academy team. But if you are from texans I would just say pot meet kettle. They will give any joker with 15 payers a business card and texan credentials. The amount of stench coming off the pile over at FCD is only exceeded by that of the Texans. The only bad part with FCD is that they are "supposed" to be a professional organization.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouch 5/7/2013, 4:16 pm

getafe01 wrote:
onetouch wrote:

No, no sour grapes, it is just the facts. If you know the rosters from the original 98 PA Team, and this years 99 PA team, and you know who tried out, you would know that what is stated is true. My point was simply to say that IC's point about politics was true, because some bb's that made those teams were not the best players that tried out, they just came from other clubs that CH wanted to take them from, and most had played for JB at some point.
onetouch
onetouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/7/2013, 5:03 pm

It is CH's job to bring kids into the FCD system and he did it. As far as the politics go, sure there was some but thats very comon for FCD
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 5/7/2013, 5:32 pm

onetouch wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
onetouch wrote:

No, no sour grapes, it is just the facts. If you know the rosters from the original 98 PA Team, and this years 99 PA team, and you know who tried out, you would know that what is stated is true. My point was simply to say that IC's point about politics was true, because some bb's that made those teams were not the best players that tried out, they just came from other clubs that CH wanted to take them from, and most had played for JB at some point.

The same can be said or claimed about other teams. Facts are facts. Talent is very subjective. Loyalty means squat. And, politics and paternalism often prevail.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom99 5/8/2013, 5:49 am

I want to precede with I am new to the forum and trying to learn more about soccer in general and NTX soccer.

Please explain about what it means that with FCD soccer the biggest problem is politics--especially when it comes to PA/DA? I have read a few posts that have connected FCD with politics. Just trying to get a better understanding.

Also,what is the Solar PA/DA like in general or specifics?

socmom99
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 5/8/2013, 6:10 am

There is subjectivity in the determination of the ability of the players to play soccer as compared to lets say Track were the time rules and there is no question as to who is faster. Except for a truly gifted player, the rest will have to compete for spots and that is where subjectivity and politics comes to play. It happens in any team sport and is not exclusive of FCD. All clubs have politics, the bigger the club the bigger the problem.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/8/2013, 6:31 am

ICThelight wrote:
The Boss wrote:

Hey Boss, either you're drunk or retarded. Coach? How many are going over there? You keep on pretending.

That was just a short list, I as well as many others can add to it if you'd like. So why don't you tell me, what have Pino and Clem done exactly? The answer is simple, nothing at al. And they will continue coaching the "Premier" teams and will continue to do nothing at all. They can't win, they can't develop, etc. etc. If a good practice every so often is what floats your boat, row away. And Suarez, cmon now. You can assist and carry coat tails around all day long but on his owwn, all talk and nothing more. Sure likes to talk though, especially behind the scenes....

hey dumbass re-read what i wrote i didnt say clem and pino wereworth a s* i actually was saying they have broked down the team that suarez built, Rolling Eyes are you serious about suarez? the man has actually grown as a coach and is actually trying to better himself as a coach, if being an assistant is part of it then he is doing what needs to be done and whats wrong with that? 99% of the ntx coaches already think they are the best lol! cudos to suarez for trying to make a change in ntx and become what most of ntx babbles about on here? a coach who can both win and develope. helli wish our coach would takes some notes from him but hell hes a texan coach so what dod you expect right? but let me guess your going to say marcio is the "golden key" didnt you think that about bazan also? isnt that where all you guys had free beer or something king

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/8/2013, 6:35 am

socmom99 wrote:I want to precede with I am new to the forum and trying to learn more about soccer in general and NTX soccer.

Please explain about what it means that with FCD soccer the biggest problem is politics--especially when it comes to PA/DA? I have read a few posts that have connected FCD with politics. Just trying to get a better understanding.

ntx soccer = politics thats all you need to know basically,now if you have alot of money and big lips then your good to go Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker 5/8/2013, 7:09 am

The Boss wrote:
socmom99 wrote:I want to precede with I am new to the forum and trying to learn more about soccer in general and NTX soccer.

ntx soccer = politics thats all you need to know basically,now if you have alot of money and big lips then your good to go Razz

Or you can just volunteer to be the team manager that will certainly buy your BB some time on the pitch lol!
Joker
Joker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 5/8/2013, 7:43 am

The Boss wrote:

The money issue is a card too often played by individuals with sour grapes. Politics exist in ALL clubs, and all walks of life, regardless of size. It is human nature and unfortunately will not go away. The decision on talent is subjective and often linked to misses, but that too is never going to change as everyone has differences of opinion to the definition of skill. What one coach sees in someone, another may not. Unfortunately, parents' egos refuse to accept such decisions. The parents look to find ways to make an excuse. Not saying this happens all the time since politics, money and parental effort (working for the club as a team manager as noted by a poster above) play an occasional role, just not to the extent or extreme that people/posters claim it to be. It seems that too many coaches and clubs get criticized for paternalism, money etc than reality dictates. Bottom line, it is usually the subjective nature of the coach/team that is responsible for a negative decision on a child that the parent cannot come to grips with. Everyone will not have the same opinion of a respective player or respective club. People look for different things and should not be criticized for such. Parents, as difficult as it can be, just need to move on if the fit or decision does not go the way they want rather than make an excuse and complain.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 5/8/2013, 8:46 am

[quote="getafe01"]
wrote:

The money issue is a card too often played by individuals with sour grapes. Politics exist in ALL clubs, and all walks of life, regardless of size. It is human nature and unfortunately will not go away. The decision on talent is subjective and often linked to misses, but that too is never going to change as everyone has differences of opinion to the definition of skill. What one coach sees in someone, another may not. Unfortunately, parents' egos refuse to accept such decisions. The parents look to find ways to make an excuse. Not saying this happens all the time since politics, money and parental effort (working for the club as a team manager as noted by a poster above) play an occasional role, just not to the extent or extreme that people/posters claim it to be. It seems that too many coaches and clubs get criticized for paternalism, money etc than reality dictates. Bottom line, it is usually the subjective nature of the coach/team that is responsible for a negative decision on a child that the parent cannot come to grips with. Everyone will not have the same opinion of a respective player or respective club. People look for different things and should not be criticized for such. Parents, as difficult as it can be, just need to move on if the fit or decision does not go the way they want rather than make an excuse and complain.

Truth, Getafe. Well stated.

For the rest of us...
May I suggest you watch "House of Cards" on Netflix for an entertaining lesson in politics, as played fictionally in Washington DC. Human nature, indeed. Some just stand by clueless, others can be quite, ah ruthless.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next