Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

State Cup brackets & predictions - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

State Cup brackets & predictions

+9
ontherightside
Real Barcelona
go99
getafe01
onetouch
ICThelight
Joker
omega striker
DadofDefense
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

State Cup brackets & predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: State Cup brackets & predictions

Post by PG-Boy 5/8/2013, 8:46 am

[quote="getafe01"]
wrote:

The money issue is a card too often played by individuals with sour grapes. Politics exist in ALL clubs, and all walks of life, regardless of size. It is human nature and unfortunately will not go away. The decision on talent is subjective and often linked to misses, but that too is never going to change as everyone has differences of opinion to the definition of skill. What one coach sees in someone, another may not. Unfortunately, parents' egos refuse to accept such decisions. The parents look to find ways to make an excuse. Not saying this happens all the time since politics, money and parental effort (working for the club as a team manager as noted by a poster above) play an occasional role, just not to the extent or extreme that people/posters claim it to be. It seems that too many coaches and clubs get criticized for paternalism, money etc than reality dictates. Bottom line, it is usually the subjective nature of the coach/team that is responsible for a negative decision on a child that the parent cannot come to grips with. Everyone will not have the same opinion of a respective player or respective club. People look for different things and should not be criticized for such. Parents, as difficult as it can be, just need to move on if the fit or decision does not go the way they want rather than make an excuse and complain.

Truth, Getafe. Well stated.

For the rest of us...
May I suggest you watch "House of Cards" on Netflix for an entertaining lesson in politics, as played fictionally in Washington DC. Human nature, indeed. Some just stand by clueless, others can be quite, ah ruthless.

PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

State Cup brackets & predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: State Cup brackets & predictions

Post by ICThelight 5/8/2013, 8:59 pm

The Boss wrote:
ICThelight wrote:
The Boss wrote:
ICThelight wrote:To be a top coach at FCD you have to have connections or be a good politician. That gets you the top talent. Then it's downhill from there. Some of the better coaches are at the lower ranks but unfortunately they will never get a sniff at the better teams.

It's unfortunate really, they get the pick of the litter and don't know how to develop. Then a better latin player comes along and so the story goes. There are exceptions but very very limited. Clem, Hayden, Suarez, Pino, etc. etc. Been doing it for a long time and history will keep repeating itself.
whaoooooo hold on there bud, not sure about your list there what has clem and pino done exactly? both those coaches for instance drug down that 99 team that suarez had and if fcd were smart they would beg suarez to take the team back and hopefully salvage whats left and make the a true top fcd team again. from what im told clem and pino should just stick to training and at the smaller ages at that.

speaking of which hey ICthelight/coach will you be taking the texans academy team? if not then stop calling me my bb wont go unless your there? how many from fcd are going overthere anyway?

Hey Boss, either you're drunk or retarded. Coach? How many are going over there? You keep on pretending.

That was just a short list, I as well as many others can add to it if you'd like. So why don't you tell me, what have Pino and Clem done exactly? The answer is simple, nothing at al. And they will continue coaching the "Premier" teams and will continue to do nothing at all. They can't win, they can't develop, etc. etc. If a good practice every so often is what floats your boat, row away. And Suarez, cmon now. You can assist and carry coat tails around all day long but on his owwn, all talk and nothing more. Sure likes to talk though, especially behind the scenes....

hey dumbass re-read what i wrote i didnt say clem and pino wereworth a s* i actually was saying they have broked down the team that suarez built, Rolling Eyes are you serious about suarez? the man has actually grown as a coach and is actually trying to better himself as a coach, if being an assistant is part of it then he is doing what needs to be done and whats wrong with that? 99% of the ntx coaches already think they are the best lol! cudos to suarez for trying to make a change in ntx and become what most of ntx babbles about on here? a coach who can both win and develope. helli wish our coach would takes some notes from him but hell hes a texan coach so what dod you expect right? but let me guess your going to say marcio is the "golden key" didnt you think that about bazan also? isnt that where all you guys had free beer or something king

Each retard is due their opinion. Actually believe Bazan is overrated though he certainly knows how to motivate kids to perform. And that is who your hero Suarez aspires to. Interesting how they keep taking teams from him and keep making him promises which never seem to materialize. It will happen again this year, keep watching. So what is Suarez developing exactly? Marcio's skills seem proven, as a coach not so sure. Sounds like you need to make a switch.

ICThelight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/9/2013, 5:17 am

ICThelight wrote:
The Boss wrote:
ICThelight wrote:
The Boss wrote:
ICThelight wrote:To be a top coach at FCD you have to have connections or be a good politician. That gets you the top talent. Then it's downhill from there. Some of the better coaches are at the lower ranks but unfortunately they will never get a sniff at the better teams.

It's unfortunate really, they get the pick of the litter and don't know how to develop. Then a better latin player comes along and so the story goes. There are exceptions but very very limited. Clem, Hayden, Suarez, Pino, etc. etc. Been doing it for a long time and history will keep repeating itself.
whaoooooo hold on there bud, not sure about your list there what has clem and pino done exactly? both those coaches for instance drug down that 99 team that suarez had and if fcd were smart they would beg suarez to take the team back and hopefully salvage whats left and make the a true top fcd team again. from what im told clem and pino should just stick to training and at the smaller ages at that.

speaking of which hey ICthelight/coach will you be taking the texans academy team? if not then stop calling me my bb wont go unless your there? how many from fcd are going overthere anyway?

Hey Boss, either you're drunk or retarded. Coach? How many are going over there? You keep on pretending.

That was just a short list, I as well as many others can add to it if you'd like. So why don't you tell me, what have Pino and Clem done exactly? The answer is simple, nothing at al. And they will continue coaching the "Premier" teams and will continue to do nothing at all. They can't win, they can't develop, etc. etc. If a good practice every so often is what floats your boat, row away. And Suarez, cmon now. You can assist and carry coat tails around all day long but on his owwn, all talk and nothing more. Sure likes to talk though, especially behind the scenes....

hey dumbass re-read what i wrote i didnt say clem and pino wereworth a s* i actually was saying they have broked down the team that suarez built, Rolling Eyes are you serious about suarez? the man has actually grown as a coach and is actually trying to better himself as a coach, if being an assistant is part of it then he is doing what needs to be done and whats wrong with that? 99% of the ntx coaches already think they are the best lol! cudos to suarez for trying to make a change in ntx and become what most of ntx babbles about on here? a coach who can both win and develope. helli wish our coach would takes some notes from him but hell hes a texan coach so what dod you expect right? but let me guess your going to say marcio is the "golden key" didnt you think that about bazan also? isnt that where all you guys had free beer or something king

Each retard is due their opinion. Actually believe Bazan is overrated though he certainly knows how to motivate kids to perform. And that is who your hero Suarez aspires to. Interesting how they keep taking teams from him and keep making him promises which never seem to materialize. It will happen again this year, keep watching. So what is Suarez developing exactly? Marcio's skills seem proven, as a coach not so sure. Sounds like you need to make a switch.
sure and every dumbshit is entitled to his/her own also, you sir have obviously been burnt by fcd okay we get it but let me say this again so maybe you can understand it better, clem,pino,arias,lopez,figo,medina,prtichett,gentile all are coaches who will look good if they have enough talent hell texans,solar,andromeda etc are all in the same boat coaches are ok at best in ntx with a few sprinlked in who can really improve a player(this is why i mentioned suarez) your top coaches are basically just your top recruiters as well they are one in the same its mainly about them moreso then the team or kids fort example have you ever heard the SR coach give his spill? its always about what "hes" done then anything else and if anyone of you nutswingers get on and say different to protect his rep then for one.. your in denial and two.. your the main part of what people bitch about in ntx.

icthetexansnuts, hey if marcio is who you see has your best option then have at it bro ill agree with you on just one thing fcd is all BS ever since pareja left its all gone to s* and even worse politics thats why my son will never wear an fcd uniform im good with dirty south texans version pirat

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/9/2013, 8:32 am

okay I will dispell the NTX myth talent is not subjective. Now coaches and clubs ability to recognize it is questionable, I would argue non existent. I would argue that almost no coach here knows how to spot the innate talent and skills that are required to play soccer at a world class level. It's part of the reason they fail to produce any real talent. Sure by the time the kid is 16 the talent is easier to spot but the player is already corrupted by then. FCD seems to be focused on well we will just hang out and play soccer club and then when the kids get 16 all of the real talent will come to us. By that age their ability to impact a player is minimal and really only serve as a place to showcase his talent. The first thing FCD needs to do is hire professional scouts with european and S american experience. They should be the ones finding kids and putting them on teams. Coaches should just coach and some of them shouldn't even be doing that.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 5/9/2013, 8:46 am

Well, JB probably has some friends from SA that FCD can hire to be scouts....and then JB can tell them who to choose, too! affraid
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 5/9/2013, 11:30 am

go99 wrote:okay I will dispell the NTX myth talent is not subjective. Now coaches and clubs ability to recognize it is questionable, I would argue non existent. I would argue that almost no coach here knows how to spot the innate talent and skills that are required to play soccer at a world class level. It's part of the reason they fail to produce any real talent. Sure by the time the kid is 16 the talent is easier to spot but the player is already corrupted by then. FCD seems to be focused on well we will just hang out and play soccer club and then when the kids get 16 all of the real talent will come to us. By that age their ability to impact a player is minimal and really only serve as a place to showcase his talent. The first thing FCD needs to do is hire professional scouts with european and S american experience. They should be the ones finding kids and putting them on teams. Coaches should just coach and some of them shouldn't even be doing that.

Completely disagree. You do not have to be S American or Continental to recognize who will be successful. There are many examples of coaches/teams passing on a player and the player going on to do amazing things. Take CR for example. You would not argue that he is not talented? Cristiano Ronaldo was told NO at Ajax. Ajax, credited with a keen sense of player identification and European btw... Swing and a big miss on that one. It happens in NTX, STX and everywhere. Identification of talent is indeed subjective. What one individual values in a player may not be valued by another and so on and so on. Professional scouts, no matter their country or region of origin are similarly affected. They do not all see the same things or value the same things. I would argue that the success you speak of in other countries relates to the far greater numbers of scouts etc in those areas where soccer reigns supreme. Th "n" value is far greater than the number in the states. Talent has and is being recognized in the US. Perhaps, not to the degree that you would like, but it does happen. There is no protocol or cookbook. It is NOT science, but art that gives one the ability to recognize who can and will be successful in soccer or any walk of life for that matter. It is not just talent in soccer. The excuse that Lil Johnny was overlooked or not played because the coach has no eye for talent recognition and favored some other player for financial, paternalistic or political reasons are cards that are overplayed. Not claiming that such scenarios do not exist, just not to the extreme that everyone barks out here. Thanks PG-Boy for agreement.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/9/2013, 11:53 am

This thread WAS about State Cup and predictions for the tournament.....You all have this same argument over and over and over again. Who is better? Who focuses on development? Who has better coaches? On and on and on. Who cares? Texans, FC Dallas, Solar, Andromeda, Liverpool, AYSES, Wizards, Barcelona and every other team or club, it's all the same man!

Just find a coach you like and that your bb likes and respects and have fun! When you get tired of this coach then find another one. It's not about the club it's how your bb responds to the coach and if they want to give it all or not. Each coach has their supporters and detractors.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/9/2013, 12:16 pm

well someone had to recognize his talents for him to even get a no from ajax and not be from netherlands. Porto recognized them. Drogba I believe had several clubs say no. What you are seeing is clubs saying it is not the talent we are looking for here not there is not talent. It is more art than science but it is not being done here effectively. What is being found is what wins games now. Those traits are not always the same as what wins later. There is a reason why we have more kids playing soccer by far and almost none achieving any real worldwide success. It's not all development. It's not all football. It's we start with and promote kids who will never turn into great soccer players.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DadofDefense 5/9/2013, 12:17 pm

Riquelme wrote:Just find a coach you like and that your bb likes and respects and have fun! When you get tired of this coach then find another one. It's not about the club it's how your bb responds to the coach and if they want to give it all or not. Each coach has their supporters and detractors.

Amen --- preach it!!!! So many arguments. And for the vast majority of these kids soccer will NOT be their vocation --- it will be their recreation! People seem to forget that. Rolling Eyes
DadofDefense
DadofDefense
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/9/2013, 12:34 pm

for most it will be a recreation but if you gear everything towards those what you will be left with is recreational players which is the quality of US players now
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 5/9/2013, 1:08 pm

GO, I hear what you're saying, but that is what DA is supposed to fix.

Speaking of State Cup. Both finalists qualify for Regionals. Nuno's boys have already qualified by winning the Premier League. Who will join them?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/9/2013, 1:11 pm

but DA is the same guys with the same problems as CL so they aren't fixing anything. If anything its CL magnified
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 5/9/2013, 1:29 pm

The same folks doing the same thing the same way for the same reasons
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/11/2013, 1:40 pm

todays semi finals scores...
DTR 3 Liverpool 0
FCD lopez 3 solar Red 1 congrats to FCD big big win for them today!cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/11/2013, 1:47 pm

DadofDefense wrote:http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=30832

Bracket A
Solar Chelsea Red, DTxns South, Ayses Gold
Bracket B
DTxn Red, FCD Central, Barca, FCD Gold
Bracket C
Liverpool, FCD Premier, FCD Youth, Wizards

Predictions:
Bracket A winner vs Wildcard = Solar vs. FCD Premier
Bracket B winner vs Bracket C winner = DTxn Red vs. Liverpool

Final:
Solar vs. DTxn Red = a good game, maybe PKs

this is my opinion, Thoughts?
well looks like your thougts were half right!lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 5/11/2013, 5:22 pm

Congrats on the win, OS! 3-1 win is the upset of the year! That should qualify FC Dallas Lopez for Regionals along with DT Connell and Solar Red. cheers
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker 5/11/2013, 5:33 pm

Not an upset this team has been whooping folks the last couple of games and looks like SR is on the decline lol! congrats FCD they may be going all the way!
Joker
Joker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 5/11/2013, 7:51 pm

Don't believe FCD will get past Connell. DT has been training very hard to win State Cup and won't be denied. If FCD Lopez doesn't stay together after this tournament, then this will be there Swan Song. But, hey great for them! They walk away with State Cup hardware win or lose. sunny

And, if SR is on the decline, that's ok, too. What a run they've had! Still the most successful team in the 99 age group. Kudos to Nuno Very Happy

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/11/2013, 10:24 pm

finish1 wrote:Don't believe FCD will get past Connell. DT has been training very hard to win State Cup and won't be denied. If FCD Lopez doesn't stay together after this tournament, then this will be there Swan Song. But, hey great for them! They walk away with State Cup hardware win or lose. sunny

And, if SR is on the decline, that's ok, too. What a run they've had! Still the most successful team in the 99 age group. Kudos to Nuno Very Happy

well sir nobody thought they would beat FCD premier or liverpool last week and the odds of them beating SR today was worse then when Buster Douglas fought and beat Tyson so the TIDE is ROLLIN' thru !!!! FCD FCD FCD cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker 5/12/2013, 6:10 am

finish1 wrote:Don't believe FCD will get past Connell. DT has been training very hard to win State Cup and won't be denied. If FCD Lopez doesn't stay together after this tournament, then this will be there Swan Song. But, hey great for them! They walk away with State Cup hardware win or lose. sunny

"Training very hard".... What exactly does that mean? Is there something special they are doing that others should be replicating? My understanding is that on the average classic teams practice at most 3 days per week. I think it's going to come down to who wants it more and is ready to go 100% till the last whistle blows and of course a little bit of luck Laughing
Joker
Joker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 5/12/2013, 6:52 am

Love it. Got to be Good and Lucky! I was corrected on the automatic bid into Regionals. Only the winner advances with Solar Red.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/13/2013, 6:13 am

wtf happened to SR this past weekend? losing to a d2 team by multiple goals? scratch i guess people are right when they say "on any given day" Razz so congrats on texans for winning and they rightfully should have, but congrats and i mean a real congrats goes out to the real underdogs in this tournament fcd and they did it with only 13 players great job boys, too bad this team wont be the same next season otherwise they would dominate d2 Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2