Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

BEST COLLEGE SHOWCASES TO ATTEND Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

BEST COLLEGE SHOWCASES TO ATTEND

4 posters

Go down

BEST COLLEGE SHOWCASES TO ATTEND Empty BEST COLLEGE SHOWCASES TO ATTEND

Post by CH1 5/8/2013, 8:15 am

What are the best college showcases to attend? I ask because during our games at Disney we had 2-3 college coaches come and watch us while at ESPN, but 0 at the other fields. We had more attend our games at showcases in Austin & Plano, then Disney. Any thoughts?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

BEST COLLEGE SHOWCASES TO ATTEND Empty Re: BEST COLLEGE SHOWCASES TO ATTEND

Post by Laimport 5/8/2013, 10:03 am

No easy answer to this question.

it depends on whether the players are dead set on major d1 college programs. That being the case, Vegas, CASL, etc. are options.

But the reality is that usually not more than a handful of players on any given team are legit D1 prospects. Second, right or wrong, the top d1 colleges are increasingly scouting Development Academy events.

It really comes down to the best bang for your buck. Every January there is a decent showcase event in Little Rock. It brings in mostly D2, NAIA and D3 coaches. Not a lot of D1 coaches though. Although Central Arkansas and UA Birmingham did show up this year.

Another route is going to college ID combines where there are multiple D1 (as well as others) show up at a single venue.

Peak Performance is hosting a camp/combine at UT Dallas in June. Quite a few top d1 coaches attending.

US College Soccer ID camps is hosting a camp/combine at Tyler Jr. College in July.

I would definitely consider those options in addition to regular club showcase events.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by EastTexasSoccer 5/8/2013, 10:13 am

CH1...I can't speak for Disney; as I've never had a team compete @ that particular tournament. But the following are Showcases I can vouch for:

Showcase of The South ===> Little Rock (every Jan)
John Talley Invitational ====> Memphis (every March)
Sam Shannon Showcase ====> Oklahoma (every Nov)
Germantown Showcase ====> Memphis (every Dec)

We attended both Showcase of The South and John Talley Invitational this year. Competition was solid and believe it or not there were several scouts even @ U16 games. Both events offered solid DII, JUCO, DIII and NAIA exposure. As for DI exposure; I did see a few @ the tournament(s) walking around. I'm looking @ taking the team to the Lonestar Showcase; I heard it's pretty good in regards to competition and exposure...

The biggest problem is that MOST showcases are during HS soccer...Players will soon have to choose.

Hope this helps...

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/8/2013, 10:16 am

First what age group ? 95s, 96s and top 97 s are what coaches were looking at. Juniors and Seniors then top programs will look at a few sophs.
The second thing I have to ask is how many of your players contacted coaches prior to the showcase to let them know they were interested in their program and that they were playing there? 2 or 3 coaches is a very poor showing and would indicate that your players may not have done their part. Players must initiate the process by showing interest.
If they did contact and none came then maybe the players or coach are setting their sights too high and need to do smaller showcases with less top programs.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 5/8/2013, 10:51 am

my2cents wrote:First what age group ? 95s, 96s and top 97 s are what coaches were looking at. Juniors and Seniors then top programs will look at a few sophs.
The second thing I have to ask is how many of your players contacted coaches prior to the showcase to let them know they were interested in their program and that they were playing there? 2 or 3 coaches is a very poor showing and would indicate that your players may not have done their part. Players must initiate the process by showing interest.
If they did contact and none came then maybe the players or coach are setting their sights too high and need to do smaller showcases with less top programs.

Great points. Although it's not that cut and dry.

Although I recommend contacting coaches to show interest, it is very difficult to do at u15/16 level. (freshmen/sophomores generally) First, it is hard for a player at that age to be intellectually honest first about his ability/potential. And second, have a clear idea of what they will want to study and find the right fit academically.

Granted by the junior year players should have a list of programs they are interested in. I have advised my son to put together a list of top 10 and another 15-20 'secondary' (ie.smaller) programs.

And he is finishing up his freshman year.

But, at this point, it is hit and miss. As is the recruiting process on the coaches' side as well.

it is a lot to ask of a 15/16 yr old to conduct an email marketing campaign to as many as 50 college coaches on a tournaments list. not to mention the research needed to assess a school's academic strengths and degree programs.

But by jr year and definitely before the start of their senior year they should have a clear idea of where they want to go and play.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down