Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 Challenge Games Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 Challenge Games

+7
Prism
CH1
Rightback
cornerkick96
go99
soccermom040
soccerdad1
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

96 Challenge Games Empty 96 Challenge Games

Post by soccerdad1 5/12/2010, 10:18 pm

From Plano:
Inter Milan-only 1 loss in league-stayed out front the entire season
FCD Red-handed Inter Milan their only defeat
From Arlington:
High Plains Drifters-only 1 loss in league-stayed out front the entire season
Select Force-was in challenge games last year-believe they finished 4th
From Classic:
Aces-have stingy defense
Boca-gave up over 100 goals in league

Any projections???
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96 Challenge Games Empty Re: 96 Challenge Games

Post by soccermom040 5/13/2010, 4:28 pm

Inter - speed and size get them the top spot. They don't play a beautiful brand of soccer but it's good enough to win against PPL and the bottom half of D3.
The 2nd spot is a coin toss. Aces and FCDR are the same team, not much possession or switching the attack. Due to fact that these teams can't keep the ball, their opponents always have a chance. Whichever team that does not make CL will have players jump ship.
I think Select Force will miss out again. I can't see them traveling for another yr to play in APL or PPL.
Boca won't be back next yr... the exodus may have already started.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 5/13/2010, 9:42 pm

soccermom-didn't you say the same thing about CDI last year when they won Plano with only 1 loss Smile-we all know what happened to them in the challenge games Smile
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/13/2010, 10:17 pm

I don't recall saying CDI was the favorite in the tourney but I did think they would fair better though. I've stayed away from Vegas since that pick!
This year there is the BOCA factor; I didn't see any gleaming hope that would lead me to believe that they can win 1 game. The other 4 teams should get 3 pts and will run up the score for tie breaker purposes.
But that's why they play the games... you never know what could happen.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/14/2010, 8:15 am

soccermom040 wrote:Inter - speed and size get them the top spot. They don't play a beautiful brand of soccer but it's good enough to win against PPL and the bottom half of D3.
The 2nd spot is a coin toss. Aces and FCDR are the same team, not much possession or switching the attack. Due to fact that these teams can't keep the ball, their opponents always have a chance. Whichever team that does not make CL will have players jump ship.
I think Select Force will miss out again. I can't see them traveling for another yr to play in APL or PPL.
Boca won't be back next yr... the exodus may have already started.
I don't think FCD red will have many players jumping ship regardless of the outcome. They have one of the best coaches in the club. They would be hard pressed to find better coaching. I think they go thru in the challenge games anyway
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 5/14/2010, 10:57 am

FCD Red has been in Plano a long time. I would think some players would consider moving to another team if they do not make it to Classic this year.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 5/14/2010, 2:21 pm

Haven't seen them play but based on league scores I would concur Inter should be the favorite and should make it through. After that I would lean towards HP Drifters (IF their best kids make the trip - you never know who is going to show up with that team). Saw Select Force in a tournament earlier this year and they were also good. FCD Red is OK, but they will have a tough time finishing better than 4th in this group (that's if they can get by the Aces).
The two teams making it through should do well in D3, as the talent level in that division has diminished quite a bit over the last two seasons.
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/14/2010, 5:08 pm

Personal opinions aside on the greatness of coaches, families that take soccer serious are not going to stay in PPL for U15. Besides, if the FCDR coach was that good, the team would've gotten out of PPL yrs ago when they were Longhorns.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/14/2010, 5:32 pm

he is a college coach and that is the team that was given to him when he came to the club I believe. Great group of boys and I think it would have done them a disservice to pull their coach to a higher team. Besides he is just a coach, not a magician. I have been to both practices and the soccer that he is trying to get them to play is deeper and more advanced than Rhine's team. It's a good group and I still don't see them all running for the hills. Besides bailing on your team and running to a higher ranked team doesn't make you a better player.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/14/2010, 6:13 pm

The team he took to FCD was the team he had while with Longhorns. There wasn't that much turnover so the argument of "that's the team that was given to him" doesn't hold water.
Maybe Rhine's practice seems elementary to a Soccer Jedi like go99 but I bet Rhine's boys can trap a ball 99% of the time and complete 20-30 yd passes with precision. If you don't have the technique, that deeper more advanced tactics of the game are meaningless. FCDR may talk a good game but technically, they are very average.
And no one said that bailing on your team makes you a better player... it's the better players that will take off for greener pastures. They'll want to elevate their games and the only way to do that is by practicing and playing with kids of similar skill.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/14/2010, 6:44 pm

I think they are of similar skill. My only argument is Rhine has better players top to bottom. I think there may only be a couple of players on that team that can play at that level. The new kid was very interesting. Bobby's play was more complex than when they were with Castro and Thiago's is more advanced than that. BB loves him as a coach but all coaches are limited by the potential of the players. BB's team has a wide range of skills on the team. I didn't get that impression from red. A couple of kids at best are above the rest. I say they win based on nothing but liking the team. Even if they don't, I don't see them all running for the doors. Besides isn't 15 a little late to be concerned about being on the top team or in D3, D1 vs PPL? Don't think your odds of making the jump are that good. Seem a little touchy soccermom, you want to share the details? 96 Challenge Games Suspect
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/14/2010, 6:47 pm

Oh BTW rhines boys are bigger, faster and more aggressive accross the board. Kid with the best shot is actually on red but I hear he doesn't bring that too the game and definately doesn't play with the same intensity that the rhine boys play with.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 5/14/2010, 9:38 pm

FCDR does have a great coach and most of the kids are committed to returning for next season. Many are traveling with the team to Brazil this summer with the coach. Last year a couple of top players defected and do not seem happier for it. I think 85%+ of the team hangs together. I hope the challenge games go well for them. Inter plays well and was only beaten by FCDR. They are my two picks to advance. But it is a tough call.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 5/15/2010, 12:28 am

Last years challenge teams:
Plano: CDI 1st, Tornados,2nd
Arlington: Select Force 1st,Jacksonville Flash 2nd
Classic-East TX Spirit-10th, TX Stampede-9th
I believe the games finished:
1-Jacksonville Flash
2-East Tx Spirit
3-Tx Stampede
4-Select Force
5-Tornados
6-CDI
So who knows how it will end up this year

I think go99 bleeds FC Dallas
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/15/2010, 7:49 am

actually just like that coach and think it's a great group of kids so I always hope they win. I try to be equally abusive to all the clubs. Texans are the evil empire but I love my dd texan coach and think FCD seems to be filled with more than it's fair share of idiots, bad decisions, and poor coaches. I just don't include him amongst them. It's a challenge game to make it into D3, anyone can win. Hate to break it too you guys but there are no powerhouses in a fight to make it INTO D3. My pick is not an FCD bias it's a coach bias.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 5/15/2010, 10:58 am

go99 wrote:I think they are of similar skill. My only argument is Rhine has better players top to bottom. I think there may only be a couple of players on that team that can play at that level. The new kid was very interesting. Bobby's play was more complex than when they were with Castro and Thiago's is more advanced than that. BB loves him as a coach but all coaches are limited by the potential of the players. BB's team has a wide range of skills on the team. I didn't get that impression from red. A couple of kids at best are above the rest. I say they win based on nothing but liking the team. Even if they don't, I don't see them all running for the doors. Besides isn't 15 a little late to be concerned about being on the top team or in D3, D1 vs PPL? Don't think your odds of making the jump are that good. Seem a little touchy soccermom, you want to share the details? 96 Challenge Games Suspect

I think a lot of families at U15 make the decision to leave PPL or APL based on the fact that the kids are going into high school. That's when they have to decide on what path to travel... other sports, academics, GIRLS!! I'm sure the FCDR coach is a good guy but again, it has nothing to do with a kids desire to elevate their game. I don't think anyone would argue with me when I say that players improve by playing & practicing with better players.
No details to share, I just know what the reality of the soccer world in this area and I don't like it. I've always been a fan of the smaller clubs and independents but due to the discounted prices families get, soccer isn't taken seriously. Which is why they break up and the good players emerge in CL... as long as they had good coaching.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/15/2010, 4:50 pm

I think there are a couple of players who might benefit by practicing with Bobby's team over the summer but then everyone would complain about FCD stripping the team of players.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 5/16/2010, 3:39 pm

My prediction:
Two out of these 3 will advance:
Inter Milan-can they keep momentum after the long layoff (have not seen them enter any tournaments) or will it take a couple of games to find their groove again. If they draw Boca first it will be to their benefit.
High Plains Drifters-have shown that they can score alot but had trouble against the Aces defense. Will know more about them after the Frisco/Shawnee tournament.
Aces-only allowed 24 goals in D3 (3rd lowest) and has proven to have a tough defense, but they have not shown much of an offense. Beat a Classic D2 team and the Drifters in a recent tournament but also lost to the last place team in Plano D2.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 5/17/2010, 8:48 am

No doubt Thiago is a good and very much admired coach....but by 15 you need to be D2 or higher if you are wanting to have college exposure. I think a lot of teams may have a big shake up coming at the end of next year.....so everyone should be keeping their eyes open....D1-Premier-Juniors....
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism 5/18/2010, 8:53 pm

go99 wrote:I think there are a couple of players who might benefit by practicing with Bobby's team over the summer but then everyone would complain about FCD stripping the team of players.
FCD will be giving all its 96 boys the chance to move to their appropriate skill level. My guess is that your players that could practice with Bobby's team would be a LONG shot to even make the team...much less see any playing time.
However...they will be given a chance to move up to one of the other Classic teams, so if they can play at a D3 or D2 level, they will get a chance.
I think your coach is probably a very good coach...but if the team stays in PP, it would be a disservice to the team's better players for them to stay with the team, instead of moving up and playing against better competition. And if he is as good a coach as you say he is, he will push the boys to go to a higher team.
My thinking...he will fight to keep "his players", and make them and their families feel like traitors if they leave. Typical Coach mentality...totallly drivin by their own ego.

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/18/2010, 10:44 pm

I would be very surprised if Thiago did that and had that attitude. Your assesment on those players is correct. A long shot at best but there are two that I can think off
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

96 Challenge Games Empty College Showcases Start U17 For Serious Looks

Post by Soccernovice 5/18/2010, 10:59 pm

I would focus on development of total player until then and grades of course. Grades #1 and soccer #2. What league they play in important U17. 96's have more time if you have good coach and team stick with them your player is not way over everyones heads unless they can score 10+ goals every game. The key is your team playing technical soccer versus kick ball. Controlling possession develops better well rounded player and as they mature fully in their bodies it will all click in like magic. If they are big, skilled, hard workers and good students they will be in demand by college coaches. Same with fast or super skilled and smaller players.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 5/19/2010, 11:40 am

for college exposure/scholarships...the kids need to have their names on the coaches lists when they become freshmans, and begin attending college camps. By their junior year, the top schools will have their verbals going out, so the sooner you can get in front of the scouts the better.
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/19/2010, 6:07 pm

Yeah right. I am a scout. I see a kid tearing it up in a U17 game but I am not going to persue recruting him because he was not on my list two years ago. Really? I don't think so.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerchat 5/19/2010, 9:50 pm

my2cents wrote:Yeah right. I am a scout. I see a kid tearing it up in a U17 game but I am not going to persue recruting him because he was not on my list two years ago. Really? I don't think so.
Exactly. College coaches care about one thing - their job. If you can help them win they will recruit you. Whenever.
Oh yea, they don't care who you played for either. If you can help them get the job done, you're in.

ntxsoccerchat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next