Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 Challenge Games - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 Challenge Games

+7
Prism
CH1
Rightback
cornerkick96
go99
soccermom040
soccerdad1
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

96 Challenge Games - Page 3 Empty Re: 96 Challenge Games

Post by Rightback 5/22/2010, 7:39 am

Prism wrote:My kid doesn't play in D1...and I don't care about your kids SAT score.
You brought up the idea that college coaches don't care about whether a kid plays in D1 or lower...and that your son's PP team was being "scouted" by multiple college coaches.
I just don't agree with the first..and think the second is a joke.
If your son has a desire to play collegiate soccer...be it at Stanford, SMU or Holy Sisters of Mercy Chiropractic College...the level of play does matter. There are lots of good, smart kids playing club soccer in North Texas that want to play soccer in college...College Coaches will seek out the best...and by 16, 17 and 18...those kids will be in the Academy programs or D1 / D2 in Classic League.
So keep your son on his team now...absolutely. Sounds like you like the coach, and my guess is that your son is getting lots of playing time.
But if he really wants to play in College...you probably need to start looking Up in the next year.

If you are calling me a liar, we are going to have to meet. The anonymity these posts allow may have gone far enough.
Second, few of your sons will play in college, and almost none will go any farther. Many kids i have met do not meet the minimum academic criteria for a decent school...and as it has been pointed out here many times, this is not football or basketball. They might make an academic exception for them, but soccer is supposed to bring up the GPA of the athletic department. I agree you must be able to play to warrant interest...my point is obviously escaping you. It is not my role or interest as a parent to develop an athlete. Most of you who believe that it is will fail. There is simply always another guy with more talent. My point is simply that sports is a good way to develop a young person. I further pointed out that because Thiago has an extensive network, several college head coaches came out and spent time with the team. They spoke to the team at great length. When the parents asked about what league the boys are in and its influence they spoke at great length. The other coaches mentioned in this post I am certain are worried about getting your children such visibility when they are in the 8th and 9th grade. I am sure they have your child's future in mind. Thiago recently completed an advanced degree in Theology...and understand that in developing a young person a coach has a special role to play. I am sure your coach has your team hold soccer clinics in poor neighborhoods to make sure your kids understand what a powerful role sports can play in society.

These things i value more than what 'level' my kid plays on...

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism 5/22/2010, 9:39 am

Rightback wrote:
Prism wrote:My kid doesn't play in D1...and I don't care about your kids SAT score.
You brought up the idea that college coaches don't care about whether a kid plays in D1 or lower...and that your son's PP team was being "scouted" by multiple college coaches.
I just don't agree with the first..and think the second is a joke.
If your son has a desire to play collegiate soccer...be it at Stanford, SMU or Holy Sisters of Mercy Chiropractic College...the level of play does matter. There are lots of good, smart kids playing club soccer in North Texas that want to play soccer in college...College Coaches will seek out the best...and by 16, 17 and 18...those kids will be in the Academy programs or D1 / D2 in Classic League.
So keep your son on his team now...absolutely. Sounds like you like the coach, and my guess is that your son is getting lots of playing time.
But if he really wants to play in College...you probably need to start looking Up in the next year.

If you are calling me a liar, we are going to have to meet. The anonymity these posts allow may have gone far enough.
Second, few of your sons will play in college, and almost none will go any farther. Many kids i have met do not meet the minimum academic criteria for a decent school...and as it has been pointed out here many times, this is not football or basketball. They might make an academic exception for them, but soccer is supposed to bring up the GPA of the athletic department. I agree you must be able to play to warrant interest...my point is obviously escaping you. It is not my role or interest as a parent to develop an athlete. Most of you who believe that it is will fail. There is simply always another guy with more talent. My point is simply that sports is a good way to develop a young person. I further pointed out that because Thiago has an extensive network, several college head coaches came out and spent time with the team. They spoke to the team at great length. When the parents asked about what league the boys are in and its influence they spoke at great length. The other coaches mentioned in this post I am certain are worried about getting your children such visibility when they are in the 8th and 9th grade. I am sure they have your child's future in mind. Thiago recently completed an advanced degree in Theology...and understand that in developing a young person a coach has a special role to play. I am sure your coach has your team hold soccer clinics in poor neighborhoods to make sure your kids understand what a powerful role sports can play in society.

These things i value more than what 'level' my kid plays on...
You need to calm down a bit, KM...
You said "Scout"...and I said BS, as there is no college coach that is going to spend time "scouting" a group of 13/14yr olds playing at that level. For that matter...any level with the possible exception of maybe catching some of the Dallas Cup games. Teaching? Coaching? Mentoring? I'll buy that...just not the scouting trip to see FCDR 96.
Here's a scenario...a college coach has a nice Fall Weekend in Dallas to do some recruiting. As a percentage of time...how much do you think he would spend at Richland vs. Pizza Hut Park vs. Russel Creek? And how much of that time (if any) would he spend watching 13/14 year olds vs 16/17/18 year olds? Might catch a FCD 96 vs Solar 96 game if it were going on...but that's about all.
As to the kids that are playing in D1 or D2 as they move into High School...does that make those kids any better or worse? Make their prospects at a successful life any better or worse? Heck no.
Will it give them a leg up if they want to play soccer in college? Yeah...it probably will, as those kids are pushing themselves to be better players...just as your does to score high in the SAT, or you do in business to succeed for yourself and your company.
Is Thiago a good Coach...I will take your word on that, as I don't have any personal experience. Does he have more or less contacts with College Coaches? Again...don't have enough info to compare. Will those kids...or, just focus on your kid...turn out to be an outstanding citizen in part because of his experience with Thiago and Youth soccer/sports? Could be.
Save the rest of your preaching for Sunday's...Or if Thiago is now preaching...let me know where and I would love to go hear him!
BG

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 5/23/2010, 3:44 pm

CH1 wrote:for college exposure/scholarships...the kids need to have their names on the coaches lists when they become freshmans, and begin attending college camps. By their junior year, the top schools will have their verbals going out, so the sooner you can get in front of the scouts the better.

96 Challenge Games - Page 3 Kopfschuettel

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 5/24/2010, 8:57 am

ok.....here is where the confusion seems to be....there is a difference between a college coach assisiting in a peer's practice or giving out pointers to a team (basically a small camp), but unless the coaches stayed around to watch a match or there was a scrimmage held-there was not much scouting going on.... When college coaches come out to scout most of the time they will have direct contact with the child of interest and attend the tournament/game to watch them play...now the bigger the tournament-the higher ranked teams playing-you can bet there will be more college coaches watching! Were talking about college athletic scholarships....
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/24/2010, 9:03 am

We are also talking a couple of years out and the beginning of puberty.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism 5/24/2010, 11:41 am

CH1 wrote:ok.....here is where the confusion seems to be....there is a difference between a college coach assisiting in a peer's practice or giving out pointers to a team (basically a small camp), but unless the coaches stayed around to watch a match or there was a scrimmage held-there was not much scouting going on.... When college coaches come out to scout most of the time they will have direct contact with the child of interest and attend the tournament/game to watch them play...now the bigger the tournament-the higher ranked teams playing-you can bet there will be more college coaches watching! Were talking about college athletic scholarships....
Agreed.

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism 5/24/2010, 11:45 am

go99 wrote:We are also talking a couple of years out and the beginning of puberty.
That is for sure! You really start to see some kids moving up fast...while some that were faster and stronger and more skilled at U11 and U12 get passed by.
Also...in most cases, playing football and club soccer will no longer be an option, especially at the D1 level...and some really good soccer players will opt for football.

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 5/24/2010, 12:06 pm

Wow, for some reason I thought there might be discussion on the 96 challenge games under this thread. 96 Challenge Games - Page 3 Confused

Sorry to interrupt, please continue.
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 5/25/2010, 7:46 am

Thank you cornerkick Smile
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 5/25/2010, 8:06 am

soccerdad1 wrote:Thank you cornerkick Smile
I did see the schedules are now posted for all challenge games. Good luck to all teams participating. The 96 age group will be very interesting to watch this weekend - it seems there is now a lot of parity in this age group with Plano teams beating D2 teams in tournaments, etc. It wouldn't be surprising to see any of the teams (other than Boca) qualify for Classic League.
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 5/29/2010, 9:42 pm

Looks like HPD and IM have a leg up on others. SF getting tied by Boca is going to cost them big. I think it will all be over by the end of the day tomorrow.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 5/31/2010, 11:37 am

Congrats to HPD and Inter Milan-the tie with Boca cost Select Force an invitation-considering SF beat both that earned the invitation. One more goal and SF would have earned the invitation.Who knows, if a team does not make Force might still might get in.
Looks like another year in Plano for FCD Red (and their amazing coach).
Aces finally out of Classic-wonder how many will return.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 5/31/2010, 12:26 pm

soccerdad1 wrote:Congrats to HPD and Inter Milan-the tie with Boca cost Select Force an invitation-considering SF beat both that earned the invitation. One more goal and SF would have earned the invitation.Who knows, if a team does not make Force might still might get in.
Looks like another year in Plano for FCD Red (and their amazing coach).
Aces finally out of Classic-wonder how many will return.

The process was fair...and i was surprised Select Force did not advance...bummer to fall one short. 1 goal in 1 game and they advance. Good to see two top teams...1 from Arlington, 1 from Plano advance. I hope they both do well. For FCD Red...they never did look ready and were a bit short offensively in every game. Another team where 1 goal in 1 game would have likely made the difference.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 6/1/2010, 9:09 am

open practices should be interesting .......wonder how many jump ship?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3