Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$ Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$

+18
PremierLeagueFan
tshirtfan
earbucket
SS3
KarateChop
EOB
goalstop
Passtheball
Laroja_2012
Offside
my2cents
rocketpop
allen04
Number13
tigre4now
God's Son
R1
03lovingsoccer
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$ Empty What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$

Post by 03lovingsoccer 6/5/2013, 11:45 pm

When my son was 4 years old I thought he had to work hard so he could play select when he turned 11. Now I find out that select only means it is expensive. Greed has turned it into watered down soccer. I knew it was a joke when a coach told me to bring my son to try out. He said if he was not good enough he would need to play rec. For the 1 year I was there they did not turn down 1 player. It looked like some of them had never played in their life. As my son is getting older I have noticed that the money in North Texas attracting more Sharks. If it was not for my sons love for the game I would walk away.

03lovingsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$ Empty Re: What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$

Post by R1 6/5/2013, 11:56 pm

03lovingsoccer wrote: What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$
When my son was 4 years old I thought he had to work hard so he could play select when he turned 11. Now I find out that select only means it is expensive. Greed has turned it into watered down soccer. I knew it was a joke when a coach told me to bring my son to try out. He said if he was not good enough he would need to play rec. For the 1 year I was there they did not turn down 1 player. It looked like some of them had never played in their life. As my son is getting older I have noticed that the money in North Texas attracting more Sharks. If it was not for my sons love for the game I would walk away.

Don't buy into the BS - you can always start up an independent team. If you put effort into it, you can develop a team and turn down all the players you want. Be a volunteer coach - or charge a nominal fee to have some form of investment by the parents (payment of some sort gives the parent a feeling of "ownership" of what you are doing). Keep at it and educate yourself, and be persistent. In a couple years you will have a good team if you keep plugging away. Nobody has to pay huge fees to play select soccer. You can play select soccer with a good volunteer coach for about as cheap as you can play rec.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$ Empty Re: What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$

Post by God's Son 6/6/2013, 7:04 am

You don't have to play select soccer, you have options. Just make sure your son is training (quality training that is) and you should be find. I take my bb to Cityfutsal and his doing just fine.

God's Son
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tigre4now 6/6/2013, 7:18 am

I too have my son in city futsal. By far the best training to create a soccer player for your buck. Check into the academy training and residency program. I'm considering not paying for select soccer and invest on the training.
tigre4now
tigre4now
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$ Empty academy training and residency program

Post by 03lovingsoccer 6/6/2013, 7:37 am

What and where is academy training and residency program? Good info.

03lovingsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tigre4now 6/6/2013, 7:41 am

Cityfutsal.com Message me if you have any questions.
tigre4now
tigre4now
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 6/6/2013, 7:45 am

tigre4now wrote:I too have my son in city futsal. By far the best training to create a soccer player for your buck. Check into the academy training and residency program. I'm considering not paying for select soccer and invest on the training.

I agree, if we lived a little closer I would have considered this for my boys too. Great people running this program. We make it out there every now and then for their Fridays and other open events - always a blast for the boys.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/6/2013, 8:32 am

If its really about the $$$$$$:

While the futsal residency program seems cool and I like IAD/City Futsal and it may be a better place to put your money than Select....its not like its free. Training alone (residency style) is more than Select. That's assuming you fall into the bucket of people who actually are paying the $3500 a year sticker-price and not the bucket of people for whom it costs less because of the existence of all the people in the first bucket (all conjecture, mind you).

Pre-Select costs add up too:

U10:
Team Training and Field Maintenance: $1140
Uniforms and bag: $150
Outdoor League Fees: $160
Indoor League Fees: $400
Private Skills Training: $720
Futsal Pickup/Leagues: $200
Tournaments: $200

Your mileage may vary. The costs are what the costs are, youth sports and things that involve 300-400 hours/yr of your life are going to end up eating up some of your $.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 6/6/2013, 8:47 am

Team Training and Field Maintenance: $1140
Uniforms and bag: $150
Outdoor League Fees: $160
Indoor League Fees: $400
Private Skills Training: $720
Futsal Pickup/Leagues: $200
Tournaments: $200

Having a readily available topic for conversations with the wife: Priceless
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/6/2013, 8:49 am

allen04 wrote:
Having a readily available topic for conversations with the wife: Priceless

You talk to your wife? scratch
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 6/6/2013, 8:59 am

Talk? Yes.

Listen? Not so much.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop 6/6/2013, 9:25 am

When my son was 4 years old I thought he had to work hard so he could play select when he turned 11

I felt the same way as my BB was coming up through an "acadamy" system as my DD continued to play rec. Then one day a select coached appoached me and asked "don't you have a daughter that plays soccer also" I said yeah, but she plays REC and I don't think she is ready to jump up to the select level. He said to just bring her out and they will take a look at her. I was like, why not, what's the harm in that.

Well she when to "tryouts" which I thought was going to be a real try out. But no, they had open spots so she got a contact.

Now don't get me wrong, she is not a bad player, as it turned out she actually does play pretty good. My point to the story is, it seams like there are so many teams with open spots, if you have the money to spend there is a club willing to take it.

I'm sure not all teams are this way. I'm sure the tops teams have more players than spots on the roster. But still in those cases, the club normally has multiple team for an age group that the will fit your BB/DD into.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/6/2013, 9:37 am

What is the meaning of select soccer?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 6/6/2013, 10:15 am

That is why you need to really look around and do your homework. There are coaches out there that will go with 14 or 15 on the roster while turning down those that are not at that level. There are some that do believe in development. But there are also those that will field as many teams as possible, regardless of ability, if there are enough people willing to write the check.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/6/2013, 10:28 am

03lovingsoccer wrote:
When my son was 4 years old I thought he had to work hard so he could play select when he turned 11

I felt this too until i saw the scene of select. There are teams out here who have no business calling themselves select anything. It is about money. I see this in plano premier, it is a travesty what some clubs charge these people for the level of play i see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/6/2013, 11:08 am

my2cents wrote:That is why you need to really look around and do your homework. There are coaches out there that will go with 14 or 15 on the roster while turning down those that are not at that level. There are some that do believe in development. But there are also those that will field as many teams as possible, regardless of ability, if there are enough people willing to write the check.

This post pretty much sums it up, do your homework and look for a coach/club that has vested interest in developing a team/player vs taking your paycheck. Keep in mind most coaches are supplementing their income and it would be foolish for them to turn away money, afterall its a business. The other side of it is the coaches that want to develop, they will work with just about anyone to get them the exposure they need. This may translate on the pitch badly however its a process that must be followed.

Perhaps we all need to go back to why select soccer. Is select the right venue for player development or is recreational play better suited for that? Should we limit select to those players that demonstrate excellence? Should coaches put aside making extra money from bench warmers?

I felt this too until i saw the scene of select. There are teams out here who have no business calling themselves select anything. It is about money. I see this in plano premier, it is a travesty what some clubs charge these people for the level of play i see.

Is is fair to say this team is just collecting checks? What if the coach is dedicated to addressing development? We all need to start somewhere? Whos to say you can't have a 1st year select team that just came out of rec?

Just my 2 cents worth

Back to top Go down

Post by Offside 6/6/2013, 11:38 am

I'd like to know what other states charge to play select soccer.
Anyone have any idea?

Offside
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/6/2013, 11:46 am

Offside wrote:I'd like to know what other states charge to play select soccer.
Anyone have any idea?

From my experience (U12, East Coast, West Cost, and now TX) I have seen anywhere from 150/month - 300/month.

Back to top Go down

Post by Offside 6/6/2013, 12:09 pm

rdeal486 wrote:
Anyone have any idea?

From my experience (U12, East Coast, West Cost, and now TX) I have seen anywhere from 150/month - 300/month.

Assuming x 9 months?
$1350 - $2700?

Offside
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 6/6/2013, 12:25 pm

In North Carolina, the top clubs charge about $1500 per year. Trainings are 3 times per week. And CASL is ranked as high as the Dallas Texans, both for girls and boys! What do they say? Everything is bigger in Texas? Sure, mostly the soccer bills!!! Honestly, I think the amount of money we are asked to pay for select soccer in this area is totally insane.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/6/2013, 12:40 pm

Offside wrote:
rdeal486 wrote:
Anyone have any idea?

Assuming x 9 months?
$1350 - $2700?

Yes 9 months, no indoor training or tournaments.

Back to top Go down

What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$ Empty Rush can see the $$$$$

Post by 03lovingsoccer 6/6/2013, 8:16 pm

Rush can see the $$$

03lovingsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Passtheball 6/6/2013, 10:16 pm

That much money. Do your research on coaches that develop. The best teams build the plays. All other coaches are just going for the win to build the parent's egos & build their wallets.
Parent's egos will not allow the kids to develop.

Passtheball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What is the meaning of select soccer? $$$$$ Empty My son is with a good coach now

Post by goalstop 6/6/2013, 10:29 pm

I stay with the coach my son has now because of the skills he teaches, and he loves the coach. I have been around long enough to know skills now win later.

goalstop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tigre4now 6/7/2013, 10:10 am

City futsal is not for everybody. They train and develop players. Select Coaches develop teams. The select coaches need to keep the team together to make sure they have a pay check. My money is better spent on player development vs apparent player development due to keeping everybody happy to keep the check coming.

This is not to slamm on the select system but it's not working. When are we as parents going to expect that our money works to keep our kids developing. There was a thread here a while back about select being the end of development.

I would like to hear the opposite of my thinking.
tigre4now
tigre4now
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next