Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Region III Championships-How is North Texas faring? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Region III Championships-How is North Texas faring?

3 posters

Go down

Region III Championships-How is North Texas faring? Empty Region III Championships-How is North Texas faring?

Post by Speedy Gonzales 6/24/2013, 11:20 am

Now that pool play is done and the quarterfinals are set, I was curious regarding everyone's thoughts on the 99 age group which had 2 representatives in the tournament--Texans Red (Connell) and Solar Chelsea Red (Passos)?  Pool Play results and quarterfinal matchups are set forth below:

Pool A
[th]Team [/th][th]Wins [/th][th]Losses [/th][th]Ties [/th][th]Points [/th][th]GF [/th][th]GA [/th][th]GD [/th]
(NC) (SC) 98 CUFC CHARLOTTE UNITED GOLD 3 0 0 9 7 1 6
(TN) (SC) SSA-Harpeth 99 Chelsea Elite 1 1 1 4 3 5 -2
(SC) (SC) CESA 98 Premier 0 1 2 2 0 1 -1
(FL) (SC) Florida Rush 98 Nike Boys 0 2 1 1 2 5 -3

Pool B

[th]Team [/th][th]Wins [/th][th]Losses [/th][th]Ties [/th][th]Points [/th][th]GF [/th][th]GA [/th][th]GD [/th]
(NC) (PLE1) 98 NCA Alliance 3 0 0 9 7 1 6
(TN) (PLC) 99 Lobos Rush Blue 2 1 0 6 5 5 0
(GA) (SC) Concorde Fire Elite 1 2 0 3 3 3 0
(AR) (SC) Mighty Bluebirds SSA Green 0 3 0 0 1 7 -6

Pool C
(OK) (SC) TSC Hurricane 99 Bedwell 2 0 1 7 5 2 3
(TX-S) (PLW2) HESC 99B NAVY 2 0 1 7 5 2 3
(TX-N) (SC) Dallas Texans 99 Red 1 2 0 3 4 4 0
(MS) (SC) Brandon Futbol Club 99 Boys Black 0 3 0 0 0 6 -6

Pool D
(TX-S) (SQ) Texas Rush 99-Prep 2 0 1 7 7 2 5
(TX-N) (PLW1) Solar Chelsea Red 99 2 1 0 6 7 1 6
(LA) (SC) MSC Lakers 99 Boys 1 1 1 4 6 5 1
(AL) (SC) Hoover Phantoms 99 Blue 0 3 0 0 0 15 -12

Quarterfinal

[th]Date [/th][th]Time [/th][th]Field [/th][th]Home [/th][th]Away [/th][th]Status [/th][th]Score [/th]
Mon Jun 24 1:30 PM ESC 4 Texas Rush 99-Prep (TX-S) (SQ) PK Shootout - OK or PLW2 Scheduled
Mon Jun 24 1:30 PM ESC 5 98 NCA Alliance (NC) (PLE1) SSA-Harpeth 99 Chelsea Elite (TN) (SC) Scheduled
Mon Jun 24 1:30 PM ESC 11 PK Shootout - OK or PLW2 Solar Chelsea Red 99 (TX-N) (PLW1) Scheduled
Mon Jun 24 1:30 PM ESC 12 98 CUFC CHARLOTTE UNITED GOLD (NC) (SC) 99 Lobos Rush Blue (TN) (PLC) Scheduled

It seems to me for all the blustering on this site about the superiority of North Texas soccer over South Texas, South Texas got the better of us, at least in Bracket C, this time around.  Any thoughts regarding results in the 99 age group?
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Region III Championships-How is North Texas faring? Empty Re: Region III Championships-How is North Texas faring?

Post by Guest 6/27/2013, 6:38 am

thats cool for the solar red express congrats to them cheers hey speedy how long has your bb been on the team? is he a original? if not is he one of the ones leaving after regionals is over?

Back to top Go down

Region III Championships-How is North Texas faring? Empty Re: Region III Championships-How is North Texas faring?

Post by Speedy Gonzales 6/27/2013, 11:06 pm

QuestionQuestionQuestion What did I say that makes you think my bb is with Solar? I was merely posting results in the 99 age group for the Southern Regional. Nice try, though.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wareagle 7/1/2013, 12:09 pm

The top levels of STX are every bit as good as NTX. NTX rules STX at the mid level teams.
wareagle
wareagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2013, 7:14 am

wareagle wrote:The top levels of STX are every bit as good as NTX.  NTX rules STX at the mid level teams.
true stx has always been right there with ntx i felt, but if you look at the top "elite" divisions which supposedly is academy/pre academy then all but one is ruled by a ntx team silent 

Back to top Go down

Post by wareagle 7/2/2013, 10:25 am

The Boss wrote:
wareagle wrote:The top levels of STX are every bit as good as NTX.  NTX rules STX at the mid level teams.
true stx has always been right there with ntx i felt, but if you look at the top "elite" divisions which supposedly is academy/pre academy then all but one is ruled by a ntx team silent 
Not all of the top players in STX play PA/DA for several different reasons.

The first is club politics or parent/child dedication to a club. People in STX don't play for a team, they play for the club itself. As an example, in San Antonio there are many very talented kids not playing for DA/PA becuase Classics Elite (CESA) is the only club in town that can offer this level of play. You have kids playing for Lonestar, San Antonio United, Lyons, or even NB Ajax that will not go play Academy ball becuase they would have to change clubs. They are dedicated to the club they've played for since they were little.

Second - High School soccer is very big in STX, it's a big deal here to play varsity high school soccer. They don't all go to DA becuase of the no high School sports rule.

Don't get me wrong, I still think NTX produces a better overall player for many different reasons but if you could get all the top STX players together on the same teams then it would be equal. We don't have the Solar Reds down here...
wareagle
wareagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/3/2013, 7:15 am

wareagle wrote:
The Boss wrote:
Not all of the top players in STX play PA/DA for several different reasons.  

The first is club politics or parent/child dedication to a club.  People in STX don't play for a team, they play for the club itself.  As an example, in San Antonio there are many very talented kids not playing for DA/PA becuase Classics Elite (CESA) is the only club in town that can offer this level of play.  You have kids playing for Lonestar, San Antonio United, Lyons, or even NB Ajax that will not go play Academy ball becuase they would have to change clubs.  They are dedicated to the club they've played for since they were little.

Second - High School soccer is very big in STX, it's a big deal here to play varsity high school soccer.  They don't all go to DA becuase of the no high School sports rule.

Don't get me wrong, I still think NTX produces a better overall player for many different reasons but if you could get all the top STX players together on the same teams then it would be equal.  We don't have the Solar Reds down here...
not all the best players play in pa/da in ntx either.bom 

Back to top Go down

Post by wareagle 7/3/2013, 7:44 am

Yes, that is true but down here it's a much greater percentage. It's slowly changing but comptetitive soccer is a good 10 to 15 years behind NTX. The culture is completely different, you just have to experience it to truly understand.
wareagle
wareagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 7/3/2013, 9:09 am

Yes, the culture is different...Some of the wealthiest people in SA will be in the ripped up t-shirt....because having money doesn't mean showing it. And native San Antonians don't believe in wasting money, so they definitely won't pay for an expensive club if they feel like the other clubs are playing and teaching just as well.

Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/4/2013, 6:15 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:Yes, the culture is different...Some of the wealthiest people in SA will be in the ripped up t-shirt....because having money doesn't mean showing it.  And native San Antonians don't believe in wasting money, so they definitely won't pay for an expensive club if they feel like the other clubs are playing and teaching just as well.  

yea and they also have some pretty hot soccer moms:cheers: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down