Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

North Texas at Region III Championships Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

North Texas at Region III Championships

+3
off_the_woodwork
finish1
Speedy Gonzales
7 posters

Go down

North Texas at Region III Championships Empty North Texas at Region III Championships

Post by Speedy Gonzales 6/24/2013, 12:25 pm

Overall, I'd say North Texas had a pretty mixed-bag of results so far in Oklahoma.  By age group, North Texas' results were as follows:

U13
North Texas' lone representative, Andromeda 00B Red (National Rank 145; Region III Rank 11; North Texas Rank 5), advances to semi-finals

U14
North Texas had 2 representatives:
     Texans Red (National Rank 11; Region III Rank 1; North Texas Rank 1) bows out in Pool Play
     Solar Red (National Rank 74; Region III Rank 6; North Texas Rank 2) advances to Quarterfinals

U15
    Solar Chelsea 98 (National Rank 39; Region III Rank 8; North Texas Rank 1)bows out in Pool Play
    FCDallas Premier (National Rank 68; Region III Rank 13; North Texas Rank 2) advances to Quarterfinals

U16
North Texas' lone representative, FC Dallas 97 Central  (National Rank 119; Region III Rank 24; North Texas Rank 2) bows out in Pool Play

U17
North Texas' lone representative, Solar Chelsea (National Rank 92; Region III Rank 14; North Texas Rank 3) bows out in Pool Play

U18
     Dallas Texans 95 Boys Red Dallas (National Rank 37; Region III Rank 7; North Texas Rank 3) advances to Quarterfinals
     Solar Chelsea Red 95 (National Rank 26; Region III Rank 4; North Texas Rank 1) bows out in Pool Play

U19
North Texas' lone representative, Dallas Texans advances to Semifinals.

What I take out of this is that GotSoccer rankings suck as the "No. 2" team in North Texas advanced over the "No. 1" team in both U-14 and U-15 and the "No. 3" team in North Texas advanced over the "No. 1" team in U-18. 

North Texas had 5 out of its 10 teams make it out of pool play.  Not too bad but I believe South Texas advanced 6 of its 9 representatives.  Maybe we aren't that far ahead of South Texas??
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

North Texas at Region III Championships Empty Re: North Texas at Region III Championships

Post by finish1 6/25/2013, 12:17 pm

Going to update your list Speedy.

Congrats to the following NTX teams for advancing to the Semis:

U13
Andromeda Red

U14
Solar Red (Back to Back Semis)

U15
FC Dallas Premier (Back to Back Semis)

U18
Dallas Texans Red

U19
Dallas Texans

Bring home the bacon boys!
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

North Texas at Region III Championships Empty Re: North Texas at Region III Championships

Post by Speedy Gonzales 6/25/2013, 2:18 pm

Maybe my call for a re-evaluation of TX-N v. TX-S was a bit premature.  North Texas advance all 5 of its remaining teams to the semis.  South Texas advanced only 2 of its 6 remaining teams to the semis.  North Texas is still King.king
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 6/25/2013, 2:24 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:Maybe my call for a re-evaluation of TX-N v. TX-S was a bit premature.  North Texas advance all 5 of its remaining teams to the semis.  South Texas advanced only 2 of its 6 remaining teams to the semis.  North Texas is still King.king

BTW - from your initial post:  GotSoccer rankings absolutely suck, but with 290 posts and counting you have probably been around competitive soccer enough to know that already.  I don't even understand why people bring those up in these discussions.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 6/25/2013, 2:43 pm

off_the_woodwork wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:Maybe my call for a re-evaluation of TX-N v. TX-S was a bit premature.  North Texas advance all 5 of its remaining teams to the semis.  South Texas advanced only 2 of its 6 remaining teams to the semis.  North Texas is still King.king

BTW - from your initial post:  GotSoccer rankings absolutely suck, but with 290 posts and counting you have probably been around competitive soccer enough to know that already.  I don't even understand why people bring those up in these discussions.

Just to keep the pot stirred more than anything. Been around awhile. I've always known Got Soccer rankings are meaningless, just making sure any newbies also hear the news.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 6/26/2013, 12:47 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
off_the_woodwork wrote:

Just to keep the pot stirred more than anything.  Been around awhile.  I've always known Got Soccer rankings are meaningless, just making sure any newbies also hear the news.

What can be helpful though is browsing the game history of an unfamiliar opponent. You can find common opponents or teams you do know of and see how they fared. I do like that feature.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TxHunter 6/28/2013, 7:28 am

Congrats to Solar Red 99 and FC Dallas Premier 98 for advancing to the National Tournament in Overland Park, KS

Congrats to Andromeda Red 00 for making the finals of the U13 Bracket!

From what I saw, the dominate teams in the older ages were from areas where there is NO Academy soccer clubs in close proximity to their base area. The North Texas Girls also did quite well with many of our teams advancing into the medal round.

Kudos to Edmond Soccer Club - they ran a very good tournament, hydration carts were all over the complex giving people water during the high heat index, and their parking recomendations were spot on with where to park for certain fields.

TxHunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 6/28/2013, 7:35 am

TxHunter wrote:Kudos to Edmond Soccer Club- their parking recomendations were spot on with where to park for certain fields.
Yes, but at $15 per day parking, they could've at least thrown in Valet service. affraid 

Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD98Premier 6/28/2013, 7:45 am

Needed to prepay the parking passes - much cheaper, but still crazy expensive for one game a day.

FCD98Premier
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down