Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

01 Boys week 4 & 5 predictions - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

01 Boys week 4 & 5 predictions

+11
Maradona
Kids Soccer, Right?
all4one
NTXPARENT
NotADRAMAfan
PG-Boy
tigre4now
wembleys
Madcap
murito
krowdkontrol
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

01 Boys week 4 & 5 predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: 01 Boys week 4 & 5 predictions

Post by murito 10/6/2013, 5:12 pm

NTXPARENT wrote:FCD teams hang in there, help is coming soon.
And the help arrived!!

Tx Lightning red carded twice ties with fc Dallas Che...  Come on!
We all know tx lightning don't play dirty, just feisty... Smile

murito
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

01 Boys week 4 & 5 predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: 01 Boys week 4 & 5 predictions

Post by nearpost95 10/6/2013, 7:36 pm

Tx Lightning scores 16 seconds into the game, moved quickly straight up field through the middle of FCD's defense. FCD flat footed and shocked by the TXL's speed. FCD began playing more quickly and the match evened out. TXL first red card on a goal scoring opportunity just outside the 18, attacker tripped up enough to lose stride as he was behind the defense and headed for the goal. Not dirty, what some would call "a good foul". FCD scores a couple and goes up 2 - 1.

Second half, lots of pressure in FCD's half with TXL with the wind.
FCD had several promising counter-attacks, struck the far post on a shot, missed just wide on another. TXL second red came on a breakaway, defender made a determined play for the ball but cut the FCD attacker down from behind.
TXL tied the game in stoppage time playing 9 against 11. With lots of pressure in the last 5 or 10 minutes, seemed inevitable, and FCD keeper may a lot of nice saves to hold the lead.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/7/2013, 7:00 am

Tx Lightning red carded twice ties with fc Dallas Che... Come on!
We all know tx lightning don't play dirty, just feisty... Smile

nope just dirty.....

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 10/7/2013, 9:42 am

Tackling from behind is ALWAYS a dangerous play (I'm assuming the play was from behind, I wasn't there).

If a player can't reach the ball without going THROUGH the player from behind, it's dangerous and can cause serious injury.

A non-dangerous professional foul would be to grab/hug the player about to score on a break-away. Not kick an opponent from behind. There's a difference. A straight red was the correct call in either case, regardless.

This type of play is a trend for the team, not an isolated circumstance.

The sad part is this team is so talented, they don't need to play such a style to win. They can win with their excellent skill.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/7/2013, 9:44 am

PG-Boy wrote:Tackling from behind is ALWAYS a dangerous play.

If a player can't reach the ball without going THROUGH the player from behind, it's dangerous and can cause serious injury.

A non-dangerous professional foul would be to grab/hug the player about to score on a break-away. Not kick an opponent from behind. There's a difference. A straight red was the correct call in either case, regardless.

This type of play is a trend for the team, not an isolated circumstance.

The sad part is this team is so talented, they don't need to play such a style to win. They can win with their excellent skill.

They have been taught to do that for years and now they are finally getting called on it, hopefully many more reds will follow and a few losses because of it....

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 10/7/2013, 10:05 am

Solar Red vs FCD Premier, report

The dark clouds, wind and cold front blew through just before kick-off. Dropping the temperature by about 20 degrees, in minutes. Leaving the boys wet and muddy from the mist. Perfect soccer weather.

Player of the Match; The Solar Chelsea Red goalkeeper for his cat-like diving saves on three certain goals. One on a set piece and two point-blank stops.

It was an exciting game, fast paced, back-and-forth as both teams played a short-ball passing style. Solar earned the victory with a first half goal.

Solar seemed to have 4-5 pre-academy players in the starting line-up. The same guys that coach PA were on the sideline leading this D1 team. They came with 18 players, seven ready to join from the bench. They controlled play the first 10 minutes or so.

FCD with no pre-academy players and two on the bench (a third was injured and didn't play). Absorbed the early onslaught from Solar before settling down and started to hold the ball longer.

It was an exciting match to watch as both teams focused on maintaining possession instead of playing kick-and-chase.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyU 10/7/2013, 10:31 am

Thanks for the kind words regarding the Solar Red goalie - he was happy to make some plays against some of his old teammates - Solar Red does not have any '00 pre-academy players on its roster - some of the Solar Red boys play '01 pre-academy, but no '00 pre-academy boys have played in any classic league games for this team.

BillyU
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kids Soccer, Right? 10/7/2013, 10:37 am

Did anyone watch the Texans Craft vs Texans South game? South 7-1?????
Kids Soccer, Right?
Kids Soccer, Right?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Liverpool00/02 10/7/2013, 10:42 am

I'm just curious pg-boy, so are you saying that fc doesn't have pre- academy players or that they don't use them, won't in the future?  I'm just wondering how all this works for next year. I've talked to some of the U13 parents I know on Texans and Solar, they told me that the didn't have any pre-academy players on their teams. How often can you do this? Is that fair for the kids that are on the team and don't play pre-academy? Again, I'm just trying to figure out how all this works, and I find your post very informative, thanks for your response Pg!

Liverpool00/02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 10/7/2013, 11:03 am

Using pre-academy players is fair game. As long as players are placed on rosters legally, i.e. dual rostered on both PA and Classic.

It's up each club to decide on whether or not to dual roster and the count.

Up to this point FCD has not chosen to select this option. I definitely see the reasoning. Many of the FCD PA players attend school at Lamar Hunt Middle School in Frisco and train five days a week. Then play PA matches on weekends. Leaving the PA players only one day of rest.

Allowing the FCD PA boys a day of rest is good decision in my opinion. However, it doesn't mean some of the PA boys won't be dual rostered later in the season. By the way , the FCD 2001 and 2000 PA boys teams are playing excellent ball and getting good results (both are undefeated). I believe yesterday the 2001 boys beat Houston Dynamo 7-0 and the 2000s won 3-0 over Dynamo. The results can be found here...

http://npltexas.demosphere.com/standings/63173910/LIST.html

I occasionally watch some PA games on Sundays. Some of the same non-FCD boys I've seen playing PA , I see them playing at Richland. Legally dual-rostered, of course.

Note; all my comments are based on observation/opinion, they do not represent any club opinion.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2