Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Brazilian Footballer Decapitated - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Brazilian Footballer Decapitated

+13
bigtex75081
nearpost95
Firewater
PremierLeagueFan
AVillan12
ayza
Se La Perdio
america
soccerdadrandy
manufan20
rantnrave
Slakemoth
PitchBound
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Brazilian Footballer Decapitated - Page 2 Empty Re: Brazilian Footballer Decapitated

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/31/2013, 10:05 am

AVillan12 wrote:I love how everybody made all the parents feel so good about watching their BB or DD play soccer!!!!!  Atleast now we know why there has been a larger than normal police presence at Richland and FCD.....
We need a soccer venue that separates the fans from the pitch and the team fans from each other so they go to different parking areas and are on the opposite side of the pitch from one another.

PASSION is deadly and most fans are able to manage their levels, but I would design a nutter section (seating area) for the most feisty fans so they can let loose without being ejected since they make for good entertainment and are not as "EVIL" as some suggest.

PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Footballer Decapitated - Page 2 Empty Re: Brazilian Footballer Decapitated

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/31/2013, 10:07 am

Lol
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Firewater 10/31/2013, 10:27 am

How about we put up barbed wire fences around each field with a gate the players have to walk though to go in.   Then place SWAT officers on each sideline between the parents. 

This is ridiculous.  If we have to do these things, maybe they should cancel the season.
Firewater
Firewater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/31/2013, 10:43 am

Firewater wrote:How about we put up barbed wire fences around each field with a gate the players have to walk though to go in.   Then place SWAT officers on each sideline between the parents. 

This is ridiculous.  If we have to do these things, maybe they should cancel the season.
while i agree this is ridiculous. (still hilarious idea for caging of unruly yet entertaining parents). the difference between america and the rest of the soccer world is WE WOULD CANCEL THE SEASON. the rest of the world would, AND HAS, in some cases built the fences with barbed wire.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PitchBound 10/31/2013, 11:04 am

Guys this has already been solved in Canada.  We just need to remove the ball from the games and use our imagination.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/soccer/entire-nation-of-canada-gloriously-punkd-by-networks-story-on-youth-soccer-no-ball-league/

Yes its a hoax but funny tongue 

PitchBound
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 10/31/2013, 11:42 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
We need a soccer venue that separates the fans from the pitch and the team fans from each other so they go to different parking areas and are on the opposite side of the pitch from one another.
we have a venue that partly implements what you describe - it is called "indoor soccer". never have seen parents open the door and run onto the field, but I have seen parents beating each other in the elevated viewing area.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 10/31/2013, 12:35 pm

Ugh... I am having too much difficulty holding my tongue on this one...

Parents' behavior at youth sporting events is already a problem but now we've got folks on here insisting they have a right to bring their handguns with them.  Have I forgotten Sandy Hook?  No.  Have I forgotten Trayvon Martin?  No, I haven't forgotten him either.  

If you think you need to carry a gun on a youth soccer field then I don't trust you and I don't trust you around my kids.  If you think you need to carry a gun on a youth soccer field then you should have your CHL revoked.  Just because you legally CAN carry a gun there, that doesn't mean you SHOULD carry a gun there.

I can make up stats too.  I like this one... A CHL holder is far less likely to shoot people up and seek confrontation WHEN HE ISN'T CARRYING then when he is carrying.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/31/2013, 1:24 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:Ugh... I am having too much difficulty holding my tongue on this one...

Parents' behavior at youth sporting events is already a problem but now we've got folks on here insisting they have a right to bring their handguns with them.  Have I forgotten Sandy Hook?  No.  Have I forgotten Trayvon Martin?  No, I haven't forgotten him either.  

If you think you need to carry a gun on a youth soccer field then I don't trust you and I don't trust you around my kids.  If you think you need to carry a gun on a youth soccer field then you should have your CHL revoked.  Just because you legally CAN carry a gun there, that doesn't mean you SHOULD carry a gun there.

I can make up stats too.  I like this one... A CHL holder is far less likely to shoot people up and seek confrontation WHEN HE ISN'T CARRYING then when he is carrying.
silly frankly, do you think a criminal will give a rats behind what you think? people like you think that a problem will announce itself far in advance and there will be plenty of time blah blah. where do you think someone needs to use their chl, only at night at 3am in the hood? i dont fear chl holders i fear criminals and lunatics that just love target rich environments full of people who can't defend themselves...

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 10/31/2013, 1:37 pm

Ok I get it. Back to the wild, wild west. Need to buy a cheap horse to complete the outfit. Lets now change to lighter topics such as religion, homosexuality, abortion rights etc. Anybody?Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/31/2013, 1:43 pm

well bigtex, you don't have to worry about LEGAL gunowners bringing a gun to a game at richland, because its illegal to do so. now you just have to worry about the person who doesnt follow the law, and we know how responsible those people are...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 10/31/2013, 1:47 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:Ugh... I am having too much difficulty holding my tongue on this one...

silly frankly, do you think a criminal will give a rats behind what you think? people like you think that a problem will announce itself far in advance and there will be plenty of time blah blah. where do you think someone needs to use their chl, only at night at 3am in the hood? i dont fear chl holders i fear criminals and lunatics that just love target rich environments full of people who can't defend themselves...
I understand the rational behind your position. I own a shotgun (but I do not have a CHL) and I would use it to protect my family and home. I've never considered bringing my shotgun to an outdoor game between the Texans and Andromeda though.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/31/2013, 1:54 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

I understand the rational behind your position.  I own a shotgun (but I do not have a CHL) and I would use it to protect my family and home.  I've never considered bringing my shotgun to an outdoor game between the Texans and Andromeda though.

apple and oranges. a chl is meant for full time carry, not certain situations. given the randomness of crazy people, school, theater, navy yard etc. you never know, that's the sad part. you can't say oh well its just a soccer game, oh its just a birthday party in the park, oh its just me walking my dog in my safe neighborhood after dark. you just never know what a scum bucket will do. i don't buckle my seatbelt because i plan on going 100 mph and play chicken on the road, i do it in case i get into a wreck, chl is the same mindset, avoid confrontation, but be prepared....

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/31/2013, 3:35 pm

[quote="soccerisgood123"]
bigtex75081 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

I understand the rational behind your position.  I own a shotgun (but I do not have a CHL) and I would use it to protect my family and home.  I've never considered bringing my shotgun to an outdoor game between the Texans and Andromeda though.
apple and oranges. a chl is meant for full time carry, not certain situations. given the randomness of crazy people, school, theater, navy yard etc. you never know, that's the sad part.  you can't say oh well its just a soccer game, oh its just a birthday party in the park, oh its just me walking my dog in my safe neighborhood after dark. you just never know what a scum bucket will do. i don't buckle my seatbelt because i plan on going 100 mph and play chicken on the road, i do it in case i get into a wreck, chl is the same mindset, avoid confrontation, but be prepared....[/quot

SANITY!!!!!!! bounce cheers bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ayza 10/31/2013, 6:05 pm

OMG! Do you all have to have the last word???

Let's STOP the gun discusssion! Nobody will win on this topic. Half of the country are divided on the issue, and you want to take it to this forum? What is wrong with you guys?

ayza
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/31/2013, 6:09 pm

What's wrong with you? Let it die! Can I say that? no one is trying to win an argument. you stated your position and others stated theirs
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/1/2013, 9:10 am

3 years from now I’ve got my CHL and I’m carrying during my son’s soccer game. This argument here changed my perception of the value in carrying for safety.

I’m exactly like you. My son is exactly like your son. My son is a good kid. He doesn’t make trouble but he doesn’t back away from it either. Neither does your son.

During the game our sons are marking each other. Early in this very competitive game your son and my son are both going after the ball. Your son is playing hard and accidently elbows my son in the ribs. No foul was called, because the referee couldn’t see it from his angle, but my son didn’t like it at all. My son (full of testosterone and adrenaline just like your son) decides to start playing more physical.

The first half wears on and your son doesn’t appreciate the more physical play. Your son zings the ref for not calling the game fairly and that’s how the trash-talking begins between the two of them. Yellow cards get issued but neither kid cares because it’s more about pride at this point.

To make matters worse, the sidelines are getting unruly as emotions are running high there too. People are complaining and whining and yelling. Things are getting tense.

The referees have tried desperately to get things under control but with only a couple minutes left, they just want this game to end. Even some league officials have wondered over to the field at this point.

With 2 minutes left in this hard-fought and overly-physical game there is one last battle for a ball between our sons. This time the elbow from my son was intentional and your son felt it badly. With an instant reaction built out of anger, anxiety and fear your son clenches his eyes shut and clenches his right fist and lands the luckiest punch ever. His fist plows into the right side of my son’s jaw and knocks him unconscious immediately. It happens in only an instant.

My son is helpless, flat on his back about 10 yards in front of me. Your son opens his eyes and realizes he’s standing right over my son. Your son’s feet are right by my son’s head.

Your son’s balance shifts a little and it appears to me like your son is getting ready kick my son’s unconscious face with his right foot. This is the same right foot that just kicked a soccer ball 65 yards through the air. I’m instantly worried about my son’s safety.

Because I’m worried my son is in mortal danger I unclip the .45 I’m carrying. (If I’m not willing to use it then why would I carry it, right?) As I flip the safety I tell your son to stop but he doesn’t hear me. Your son makes what appears to me as another aggressive move toward my son. My son is in danger and that is why I decide to pull the trigger and put a bullet into the middle of your son’s chest. And that’s when this story stops…

Would you still be arguing for my right to carry a handgun onto a youth soccer field after that?
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 11/1/2013, 9:34 am

bigtex75081 wrote:3 years from now I’ve got my CHL and I’m carrying during my son’s soccer game.  This argument here changed my perception of the value in carrying for safety.

I’m exactly like you.  My son is exactly like your son.  My son is a good kid.  He doesn’t make trouble but he doesn’t back away from it either.  Neither does your son.

During the game our sons are marking each other.  Early in this very competitive game your son and my son are both going after the ball.  Your son is playing hard and accidently elbows my son in the ribs.  No foul was called, because the referee couldn’t see it from his angle, but my son didn’t like it at all.  My son (full of testosterone and adrenaline just like your son) decides to start playing more physical.

The first half wears on and your son doesn’t appreciate the more physical play. Your son zings the ref for not calling the game fairly and that’s how the trash-talking begins between the two of them.  Yellow cards get issued but neither kid cares because it’s more about pride at this point.

To make matters worse, the sidelines are getting unruly as emotions are running high there too.  People are complaining and whining and yelling.  Things are getting tense.

To exacerbate a very tense moment. A Person sees you draw your weapon. That Person also has a gun. He aims at you and misses with a shot. An innocent bystander is shot/killed instead. Now what?

The referees have tried desperately to get things under control but with only a couple minutes left, they just want this game to end.  Even some league officials have wondered over to the field at this point.

With 2 minutes left in this hard-fought and overly-physical game there is one last battle for a ball between our sons.  This time the elbow from my son was intentional and your son felt it badly.  With an instant reaction built out of anger, anxiety and fear your son clenches his eyes shut and clenches his right fist and lands the luckiest punch ever.  His fist plows into the right side of my son’s jaw and knocks him unconscious immediately.  It happens in only an instant.

My son is helpless, flat on his back about 10 yards in front of me.  Your son opens his eyes and realizes he’s standing right over my son.  Your son’s feet are right by my son’s head.

Your son’s balance shifts a little and it appears to me like your son is getting ready kick my son’s unconscious face with his right foot.  This is the same right foot that just kicked a soccer ball 65 yards through the air.  I’m instantly worried about my son’s safety.

Because I’m worried my son is in mortal danger I unclip the .45 I’m carrying.  (If I’m not willing to use it then why would I carry it, right?)  As I flip the safety I tell your son to stop but he doesn’t hear me.  Your son makes what appears to me as another aggressive move toward my son.  My son is in danger and that is why I decide to pull the trigger and put a bullet into the middle of your son’s chest.  And that’s when this story stops…

Would you still be arguing for my right to carry a handgun onto a youth soccer field after that?

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 11/1/2013, 9:40 am

rantnrave wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:3 years from now I’ve got my CHL and I’m carrying during my son’s soccer game.  This argument here changed my perception of the value in carrying for safety.

I’m exactly like you.  My son is exactly like your son.  My son is a good kid.  He doesn’t make trouble but he doesn’t back away from it either.  Neither does your son.

During the game our sons are marking each other.  Early in this very competitive game your son and my son are both going after the ball.  Your son is playing hard and accidently elbows my son in the ribs.  No foul was called, because the referee couldn’t see it from his angle, but my son didn’t like it at all.  My son (full of testosterone and adrenaline just like your son) decides to start playing more physical.

The first half wears on and your son doesn’t appreciate the more physical play. Your son zings the ref for not calling the game fairly and that’s how the trash-talking begins between the two of them.  Yellow cards get issued but neither kid cares because it’s more about pride at this point.

To make matters worse, the sidelines are getting unruly as emotions are running high there too.  People are complaining and whining and yelling.  Things are getting tense.

To exacerbate a very tense moment.  A Person sees you draw your weapon.  That Person also has a gun.  He aims at you and misses with a shot.  An innocent bystander is shot/killed instead.  Now what?

The referees have tried desperately to get things under control but with only a couple minutes left, they just want this game to end.  Even some league officials have wondered over to the field at this point.

With 2 minutes left in this hard-fought and overly-physical game there is one last battle for a ball between our sons.  This time the elbow from my son was intentional and your son felt it badly.  With an instant reaction built out of anger, anxiety and fear your son clenches his eyes shut and clenches his right fist and lands the luckiest punch ever.  His fist plows into the right side of my son’s jaw and knocks him unconscious immediately.  It happens in only an instant.

My son is helpless, flat on his back about 10 yards in front of me.  Your son opens his eyes and realizes he’s standing right over my son.  Your son’s feet are right by my son’s head.

Your son’s balance shifts a little and it appears to me like your son is getting ready kick my son’s unconscious face with his right foot.  This is the same right foot that just kicked a soccer ball 65 yards through the air.  I’m instantly worried about my son’s safety.

Because I’m worried my son is in mortal danger I unclip the .45 I’m carrying.  (If I’m not willing to use it then why would I carry it, right?)  As I flip the safety I tell your son to stop but he doesn’t hear me.  Your son makes what appears to me as another aggressive move toward my son.  My son is in danger and that is why I decide to pull the trigger and put a bullet into the middle of your son’s chest.  And that’s when this story stops…

To exacerbate a very tense moment. A Parent sees you draw your weapon. That Parent shoots in your direction. The shot is a poor one as he is really not qualified to carry a gun. He misses you and shoots an innocent bystander instead. Now what?

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/1/2013, 10:14 am

rantnrave wrote:
rantnrave wrote:

To exacerbate a very tense moment.  A Person sees you draw your weapon.  That Person also has a gun.  He aims at you and misses with a shot.  An innocent bystander is shot/killed instead.  Now what?

To exacerbate a very tense moment.  A Parent sees you draw your weapon.  That Parent shoots in your direction.  The shot is a poor one as he is really not qualified to carry a gun.  He misses you and shoots an innocent bystander instead.  Now what?
He spends the rest of his life in prison.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/1/2013, 10:37 am

rdeal486 wrote:
rantnrave wrote:
rantnrave wrote:

To exacerbate a very tense moment.  A Parent sees you draw your weapon.  That Parent shoots in your direction.  The shot is a poor one as he is really not qualified to carry a gun.  He misses you and shoots an innocent bystander instead.  Now what?
He spends the rest of his life in prison.
Not necessarily...  George Zimmerman is not in jail after Trayvon Martin walked through his neighborhood wearing a hoodie and carrying a bottle of ice tea and a bag of Skittles.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 11/1/2013, 11:46 am

The NY Times published a detailed report on another decapitation in Brazil.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/03/sports/soccer/a-yellow-card-then-unfathomable-violence-in-brazil.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&smid=fb-nytimes
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/1/2013, 1:49 pm

oh brother, you have quite the imagination, i think you need to take a chl class so you understand what your responsibilities are with a chl....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/1/2013, 1:52 pm

but since we are in fantasy land, a mad gunman is walking toward your son, everyone is running away screaming, your son is cowering in fear waiting for the death shot, fortunately for you someone took their chl seriously, trained and killed the gunman and your son grows up healthy and lives the life he was entitled to...you of course now change your opinion and thank god someone else wasn't as naive as you USED to be...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/1/2013, 2:06 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:but since we are in fantasy land, a mad gunman is walking toward your son, everyone is running away screaming, your son is cowering in fear waiting for the death shot, fortunately for you someone took their chl seriously, trained and killed the gunman and your son grows up healthy and lives the life he was entitled to...you of course now change your opinion and thank god someone else wasn't as naive as you USED to be...
Understanding your responsibility while you’re sitting in a classroom is different than acting responsibly outside of it. Are you promising me that every CHL holder will always act responsibly?

As for the mad gunman... When a CHL brandishes his gun, he’s making it clear his willingness to use it. Wouldn't that qualify him as a mad gunman? The guy is waiving a gun around, right? If someone is showing a willingness to use a gun, shouldn't the 2 or 3 other CHL holders around the facility immediately put him down? How do CHL holders calmly determine each other’s intentions in these situations?
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/1/2013, 2:14 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:but since we are in fantasy land, a mad gunman is walking toward your son, everyone is running away screaming, your son is cowering in fear waiting for the death shot, fortunately for you someone took their chl seriously, trained and killed the gunman and your son grows up healthy and lives the life he was entitled to...you of course now change your opinion and thank god someone else wasn't as naive as you USED to be...
Understanding your responsibility while you’re sitting in a classroom is different than acting responsibly outside of it.  Are you promising me that every CHL holder will always act responsibly?

As for the mad gunman... When a CHL brandishes his gun, he’s making it clear his willingness to use it.  Wouldn't that qualify him as a mad gunman?  The guy is waiving a gun around, right?  If someone is showing a willingness to use a gun, shouldn't the 2 or 3 other CHL holders around the facility immediately put him down?  How do CHL holders calmly determine each other’s intentions in these situations?
you are so far out there. you really should take a class. waving a gun around, brandishing etc has nothing to do with a chl. having a chl doesn't mean you get to draw on people or kids with impunity. you are talking about what criminals do. you have far far far more to fear from a criminal or an unlicensed person having a firearm than a chl holder....

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/1/2013, 2:44 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
Understanding your responsibility while you’re sitting in a classroom is different than acting responsibly outside of it.  Are you promising me that every CHL holder will always act responsibly?

As for the mad gunman... When a CHL brandishes his gun, he’s making it clear his willingness to use it.  Wouldn't that qualify him as a mad gunman?  The guy is waiving a gun around, right?  If someone is showing a willingness to use a gun, shouldn't the 2 or 3 other CHL holders around the facility immediately put him down?  How do CHL holders calmly determine each other’s intentions in these situations?
you are so far out there. you really should take a class. waving a gun around, brandishing etc has nothing to do with a chl. having a chl doesn't mean you get to draw on people or kids with impunity. you are talking about what criminals do. you have far far far more to fear from a criminal or an unlicensed person having a firearm than a chl holder....
I don't understand why I'm so far out there. I don't want anybody that's carrying a gun around my kids. That sentiment even includes logical people that are thoroughly trained. Nobody can unpull a trigger... even if it was just pulled by accident.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next