Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Brazilian Footballer Decapitated - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Brazilian Footballer Decapitated

+13
bigtex75081
nearpost95
Firewater
PremierLeagueFan
AVillan12
ayza
Se La Perdio
america
soccerdadrandy
manufan20
rantnrave
Slakemoth
PitchBound
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Brazilian Footballer Decapitated - Page 3 Empty Re: Brazilian Footballer Decapitated

Post by bigtex75081 11/1/2013, 2:44 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:but since we are in fantasy land, a mad gunman is walking toward your son, everyone is running away screaming, your son is cowering in fear waiting for the death shot, fortunately for you someone took their chl seriously, trained and killed the gunman and your son grows up healthy and lives the life he was entitled to...you of course now change your opinion and thank god someone else wasn't as naive as you USED to be...
Understanding your responsibility while you’re sitting in a classroom is different than acting responsibly outside of it.  Are you promising me that every CHL holder will always act responsibly?

As for the mad gunman... When a CHL brandishes his gun, he’s making it clear his willingness to use it.  Wouldn't that qualify him as a mad gunman?  The guy is waiving a gun around, right?  If someone is showing a willingness to use a gun, shouldn't the 2 or 3 other CHL holders around the facility immediately put him down?  How do CHL holders calmly determine each other’s intentions in these situations?
you are so far out there. you really should take a class. waving a gun around, brandishing etc has nothing to do with a chl. having a chl doesn't mean you get to draw on people or kids with impunity. you are talking about what criminals do. you have far far far more to fear from a criminal or an unlicensed person having a firearm than a chl holder....
I don't understand why I'm so far out there. I don't want anybody that's carrying a gun around my kids. That sentiment even includes logical people that are thoroughly trained. Nobody can unpull a trigger... even if it was just pulled by accident.

bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Brazilian Footballer Decapitated - Page 3 Empty Re: Brazilian Footballer Decapitated

Post by Guest 11/1/2013, 2:49 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:but since we are in fantasy land, a mad gunman is walking toward your son, everyone is running away screaming, your son is cowering in fear waiting for the death shot, fortunately for you someone took their chl seriously, trained and killed the gunman and your son grows up healthy and lives the life he was entitled to...you of course now change your opinion and thank god someone else wasn't as naive as you USED to be...
Understanding your responsibility while you’re sitting in a classroom is different than acting responsibly outside of it.  Are you promising me that every CHL holder will always act responsibly?

As for the mad gunman... When a CHL brandishes his gun, he’s making it clear his willingness to use it.  Wouldn't that qualify him as a mad gunman?  The guy is waiving a gun around, right?  If someone is showing a willingness to use a gun, shouldn't the 2 or 3 other CHL holders around the facility immediately put him down?  How do CHL holders calmly determine each other’s intentions in these situations?
you are so far out there. you really should take a class. waving a gun around, brandishing etc has nothing to do with a chl. having a chl doesn't mean you get to draw on people or kids with impunity. you are talking about what criminals do. you have far far far more to fear from a criminal or an unlicensed person having a firearm than a chl holder....
I don't understand why I'm so far out there.  I don't want anybody that's carrying a gun around my kids. That sentiment even includes logical people that are thoroughly trained.  Nobody can unpull a trigger... even if it was just pulled by accident.
now that is an understandable statement. i disagree with it, but it at least is not absurd.

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 11/1/2013, 2:54 pm

rdeal486 wrote:
rantnrave wrote:
rantnrave wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:3 years from now I’ve got my CHL and I’m carrying during my son’s soccer game.  This argument here changed my perception of the value in carrying for safety.

I’m exactly like you.  My son is exactly like your son.  My son is a good kid.  He doesn’t make trouble but he doesn’t back away from it either.  Neither does your son.

During the game our sons are marking each other.  Early in this very competitive game your son and my son are both going after the ball.  Your son is playing hard and accidently elbows my son in the ribs.  No foul was called, because the referee couldn’t see it from his angle, but my son didn’t like it at all.  My son (full of testosterone and adrenaline just like your son) decides to start playing more physical.

The first half wears on and your son doesn’t appreciate the more physical play. Your son zings the ref for not calling the game fairly and that’s how the trash-talking begins between the two of them.  Yellow cards get issued but neither kid cares because it’s more about pride at this point.

To make matters worse, the sidelines are getting unruly as emotions are running high there too.  People are complaining and whining and yelling.  Things are getting tense.

To exacerbate a very tense moment.  A Person sees you draw your weapon.  That Person also has a gun.  He aims at you and misses with a shot.  An innocent bystander is shot/killed instead.  Now what?

The referees have tried desperately to get things under control but with only a couple minutes left, they just want this game to end.  Even some league officials have wondered over to the field at this point.

With 2 minutes left in this hard-fought and overly-physical game there is one last battle for a ball between our sons.  This time the elbow from my son was intentional and your son felt it badly.  With an instant reaction built out of anger, anxiety and fear your son clenches his eyes shut and clenches his right fist and lands the luckiest punch ever.  His fist plows into the right side of my son’s jaw and knocks him unconscious immediately.  It happens in only an instant.

My son is helpless, flat on his back about 10 yards in front of me.  Your son opens his eyes and realizes he’s standing right over my son.  Your son’s feet are right by my son’s head.

Your son’s balance shifts a little and it appears to me like your son is getting ready kick my son’s unconscious face with his right foot.  This is the same right foot that just kicked a soccer ball 65 yards through the air.  I’m instantly worried about my son’s safety.

Because I’m worried my son is in mortal danger I unclip the .45 I’m carrying.  (If I’m not willing to use it then why would I carry it, right?)  As I flip the safety I tell your son to stop but he doesn’t hear me.  Your son makes what appears to me as another aggressive move toward my son.  My son is in danger and that is why I decide to pull the trigger and put a bullet into the middle of your son’s chest.  And that’s when this story stops…

Would you still be arguing for my right to carry a handgun onto a youth soccer field after that?
To exacerbate a very tense moment.  A Parent sees you draw your weapon.  That Parent shoots in your direction.  The shot is a poor one as he is really not qualified to carry a gun.  He misses you and shoots an innocent bystander instead.  Now what?
He spends the rest of his life in prison.
I'm not too terribly concerned about the shooter.  Hopefully justice will be served.  The "now what" part was in regards to the innocent bystander who was just shot.  Guess what?  Another shooting today.  This was at LAX, a person was killed.  Imagine that!

Last edited by rantnrave on 11/1/2013, 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : words)

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 11/1/2013, 4:24 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:Understanding your responsibility while you’re sitting in a classroom is different than acting responsibly outside of it.  Are you promising me that every CHL holder will always act responsibly?

No one can promise that but I can guarantee you this--a criminal without the ability to obtain a chl and hell bent on an end game doesn't give a damn if he acts responsibly. So let's just all sit idly by and wait until he decides to lose his cool.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/1/2013, 11:32 pm

hey let's just give everyone a gun. That way we can all shoot at each other. Why should the CHL be the only one to get in on the fun. I mean if we look at the rest of the world, wide access to guns has always brought down gun violence so I am sure it will work here. Yep that a recipe for success and a greater and happier CL. Every parent on the sideline with a handgun. Better arm those refs too though. Oh and the field marshalls. Now I was told that according to the handbook you CANNOT CARRY at professional sporting event in Texas no matter if legal signs are present or not. But I guess since they are just kids and not professional feel free. Remember everyone bring your gun to the next CL game. Never know when some mother hen steps onto the field and looks threatning and needs to be put down. Or some paranoid guy that feels like the world is out to get him and his son and he has an itchy trigger finger. Gotta draw down on him first. This is Texas after all.

Hmmm or maybe you freaks could just keep your kids at home wrapped in bubble wrap. They would be safer that way
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/2/2013, 7:14 am

go99 wrote:hey let's just give everyone a gun.  That way we can all shoot at each other.  Why should the CHL be the only one to get in on the fun.  I mean if we look at the rest of the world, wide access to guns has always brought down gun violence so I am sure it will work here.  Yep that a recipe for success and a greater and happier CL.  Every parent on the sideline with a handgun.  Better arm those refs too though.  Oh and the field marshalls.  Now I was told that according to the handbook  you CANNOT CARRY at professional sporting event in Texas no matter if legal signs are present or not.  But I guess since they are just kids and not professional feel free.  Remember everyone bring your gun to the next CL game.  Never know when some mother hen steps onto the field and looks threatning and needs to be put down. Or some paranoid guy that feels like the world is out to get him and his son and he has an itchy trigger finger.  Gotta draw down on him first.  This is Texas after all.  

Hmmm or maybe you freaks could just keep your kids at home wrapped in bubble wrap.  They would be safer that way
you always did have the corner on silly a$$ comments, i bet you will be the first to scream where were the police when something goes wrong...

Back to top Go down

Post by manufan20 11/2/2013, 8:06 am

Well I know who go99 voted for! Very Happy 

manufan20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/2/2013, 9:27 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:
go99 wrote:hey let's just give everyone a gun.  That way we can all shoot at each other.  Why should the CHL be the only one to get in on the fun.  I mean if we look at the rest of the world, wide access to guns has always brought down gun violence so I am sure it will work here.  Yep that a recipe for success and a greater and happier CL.  Every parent on the sideline with a handgun.  Better arm those refs too though.  Oh and the field marshalls.  Now I was told that according to the handbook  you CANNOT CARRY at professional sporting event in Texas no matter if legal signs are present or not.  But I guess since they are just kids and not professional feel free.  Remember everyone bring your gun to the next CL game.  Never know when some mother hen steps onto the field and looks threatning and needs to be put down. Or some paranoid guy that feels like the world is out to get him and his son and he has an itchy trigger finger.  Gotta draw down on him first.  This is Texas after all.  

Hmmm or maybe you freaks could just keep your kids at home wrapped in bubble wrap.  They would be safer that way
you always did have the corner on silly a$$ comments, i bet you will be the first to scream where were the police when something goes wrong...
Just as you have the corner on paranoid, self absorbed comments. I would certianly rather have police out than a bunch of armed, ego driven, parnoid, wackos. But no I don't live my life by the creed of what if something goes wrong. But you are correct my comment are always filled with sarcasm and pushed to the extreme but wrapped around the truth. I am like the south park of forum post.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/2/2013, 10:08 am

Yawn, foolish just like the clown you worship in the white house....

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 11/2/2013, 10:35 am

On this string I’ve been tagged for having an overactive imagination and residing in a fantasy land.  I acknowledge that the scenario I posted was intended to be vivid but I didn't think it included anything unrealistic.   The ding on my imagination seems odd because most of the counterpoints against me include a gun-toting madman.

Are gun-toting madmen a real thing?  Yes, most definitely.  I can just look to the events at LAX for a recent example.  But are they a norm?  Are gun-toting madmen as common around here as adults losing their temper during youth soccer games?  No, definitely not.  An adult losing their calm on the sideline is a lot more common.

I understand the argument that education is an answer to gun violence but I don't think it's the whole answer.  Even rational people get caught in really bad situations sometimes.  Even calm people overreact sometimes.  Even smart people can do stupid crap that they wish they could take back.  Even people that are paying close attention sometimes make foolish mistakes.  

So you’re telling me that by having more guns around my kids on a soccer field that it makes them somehow less likely to get shot?  That logic doesn't make sense to me.  

(Nonetheless, this has been a compelling argument and do have a better appreciation for the opposing position.)
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/2/2013, 10:51 am

I am done with this thread..

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/2/2013, 11:04 am

Unlike SIG the president doesn't rule my every thought. He is just a man and his office is just the president. He is limited in what he can and cannot do. Just like the president before him he is fairly well educated guy doing a very tough job. Sometime right and sometimes wrong. But I am smart enough to see that losing in a democracy is not tyranny. And the mere differing of opinion does not make you a clown.

Yep you should be done with this thread. No need to suffer the reasoned thoughts of Bigtex.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/4/2013, 11:16 pm

go99 wrote:Unlike SIG the president doesn't rule my every thought.  He is just a man and his office is just the president.  He is limited in what he can and cannot do.  Just like the president before him he is fairly well educated guy doing a very tough job.  Sometime right and sometimes wrong.  But I am smart enough to see that losing in a democracy is not tyranny. And the mere differing of opinion does not make you a clown.

Yep you should be done with this thread.  No need to suffer the reasoned thoughts of Bigtex.
"reason thoughts"? surely you jest lmao
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3