Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 6 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Top Ten One Year Before Select

+45
turtle
BooNGotti
soccerturf
oldschoolsoccer
NTXD
P1er
SoccerGenius99
Soccerdude48
itaboutdevelopment?
Texassoccer04
davito
Durty-Tackle
creeper
Lmansoccer
switch
Soccer2011
madisonmyers
cowpukesfan
switchit
Soccerdad79
Primokeeper
albundy412
TexasSoccer02
txsoccerdad
Ochocinco
accidentalelbow
my2cents
burnthestar
pass2space
Offside
Number13
Sprint
pitchperfect
futboler
Sergi Rebrov
2sgrm
TFC 02 BOYS
tigre4now
What
futbolista
newparent
Rightback
wonderwoman39
debit
WRG
49 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 6 Empty Re: Top Ten One Year Before Select

Post by debit 10/18/2011, 4:46 pm

[quote="creeper"]
SoccerGenius99 wrote:
WRG wrote:After reading the other rankings I see that I forgot LP Fagen. A revision of the ranking would be:

1. DTS
2. FCD PRemiere (Snell)
3. FCD Premiere Goncalves
4. Solar Crushers
5. LP Gerrard
6. Solar Dynamo
7. LP Fagen
8. Solar Blue
9. DT Scott
10. TFC

You rankings don't make sense. TFC beat Dallas Texans scott in SDl 3-1 about 3 weeks ago. TFC also beat DT scott convincingly in late August.

LP Gerrard hasn't played any of the top teams this year in SDL 1. They are playing the 2nd teams of all the top teams. For example: Solar Blue, Fc predators, Sporting united, Crushers Black, etc. They haven't played solar dynamo, TFC Larry, Liverpool Fagen, DT south, Solar Crushers (top team). So how can LP gerrard even be considered to be a top 10 team? These ranking don't make sense.[/quote

You got good points TexasSoccer04. Rankings are ones opinions but why is it that this team has not played the top teams. Is it coincidence or is it specially requested? Until Gerrard plays tougher opponents than they will get more respect.

While the facts are clear that they have not played the top teams in SDL this season, it is not specially requested? That's a ridiculous implication. If the team wanted to play weaker competition they could simply request to be a Level 2 (Div 2) team in SDL. They played in the Gold flight of Plano Labor Day. Remember just a few months ago, several of you wanted to rank TX Suns as a top 10 team despite their weak competition in CAL, and they came over to SDL and are playing Level 2 avoiding the top teams in Level 1.

As mentioned in an earlier post LP Gerrard also seeks out strong competition in scrimmages having scrimmaged TFC Larry and Solar Dynamo this summer. I don't believe the team is intentionally avoiding playing other top teams.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 6 Empty Re: Top Ten One Year Before Select

Post by davito 10/18/2011, 6:04 pm

I think WRG must have been watching Liverpool v Man Utd at the weekend and got carried away when Stevie G scored that freekick...... drunken
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 10/18/2011, 6:24 pm

[quote="debit"]
creeper wrote:
SoccerGenius99 wrote:
WRG wrote:After reading the other rankings I see that I forgot LP Fagen. A revision of the ranking would be:

1. DTS
2. FCD PRemiere (Snell)
4. Solar Crushers
5. LP Gerrard
6. Solar Dynamo
7. LP Fagen
8. Solar Blue
9. DT Scott
10. TFC

You rankings don't make sense. TFC beat Dallas Texans scott in SDl 3-1 about 3 weeks ago. TFC also beat DT scott convincingly in late August.

LP Gerrard hasn't played any of the top teams this year in SDL 1. They are playing the 2nd teams of all the top teams. For example: Solar Blue, Fc predators, Sporting united, Crushers Black, etc. They haven't played solar dynamo, TFC Larry, Liverpool Fagen, DT south, Solar Crushers (top team). So how can LP gerrard even be considered to be a top 10 team? These ranking don't make sense.[/quote

You got good points TexasSoccer04. Rankings are ones opinions but why is it that this team has not played the top teams. Is it coincidence or is it specially requested? Until Gerrard plays tougher opponents than they will get more respect.

While the facts are clear that they have not played the top teams in SDL this season, it is not specially requested? That's a ridiculous implication. If the team wanted to play weaker competition they could simply request to be a Level 2 (Div 2) team in SDL. They played in the Gold flight of Plano Labor Day. Remember just a few months ago, several of you wanted to rank TX Suns as a top 10 team despite their weak competition in CAL, and they came over to SDL and are playing Level 2 avoiding the top teams in Level 1.

As mentioned in an earlier post LP Gerrard also seeks out strong competition in scrimmages having scrimmaged TFC Larry and Solar Dynamo this summer. I don't believe the team is intentionally avoiding playing other top teams.

Has Gerrard played Fagen? Who is the top LP squad? scratch

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschoolsoccer 10/18/2011, 7:11 pm

Last time Gerrard and Fagen played it was Fagen 6 Gerrard 0 in the May finals of liverpool tournament.

oldschoolsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 10/18/2011, 7:15 pm

oldschoolsoccer wrote:Last time Gerrard and Fagen played it was Fagen 6 Gerrard 0 in the May finals of liverpool tournament.

Well oldschoolsoccer has spoken. Since some of you out here are using summer results to determine rankings I can see who the top 02 squad is at LP.

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerGenius99 10/19/2011, 8:33 am

[quote="debit"]
creeper wrote:
SoccerGenius99 wrote:

1. DTS
2. FCD PRemiere (Snell)
4. Solar Crushers
5. LP Gerrard
6. Solar Dynamo
7. LP Fagen
8. Solar Blue
9. DT Scott
10. TFC

You rankings don't make sense. TFC beat DT Scott in SDl 3-1 about 3 weeks ago. TFC also beat Liverpool Gerrard convincingly in late August.

SoccerGenius99
SoccerGenius99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 10/19/2011, 9:36 am

davito wrote:I think WRG must have been watching Liverpool v Man Utd at the weekend and got carried away when Stevie G scored that freekick...... drunken

Maybe you are right. But, Stevie G would not have scored if not for Ryan Giggs flinching and moving out of the way while in the wall.

It is only my opinion based upon results from SDL. However, as pointed out, LP Gerrard's competition has not been the same as that of Crushers, Dynamo and DTS but they have won all games. Will see how things go next Spring.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerturf 10/19/2011, 11:59 am

Texassoccer04 wrote:I am reading all the 01,02,03,04 posts. I work on the fields and keep track of the teams and which teams are doing well. The DFW soccer world is small. I am interested in seeing which teams produce the best talent. I have 3 boys. playing 01, 02, and 04. the top 10 is for fun and in the end won't matter who ranks where until next year. My 01 is loving Select.

Texassoccer 02,04,

BS. No kids in select. All your kids are with DTS. You left LP and GERRARD has grown in to a great team and group of boys since. Get off the hate train. Oh, and Go Solar!

soccerturf
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 6 Empty Easy fix

Post by Texassoccer04 10/19/2011, 12:10 pm

Lets talk at the next Solar Vs LP game.
Solar will take your undefeated team.

Texassoccer04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txsoccerdad 10/19/2011, 4:17 pm

This is getting good Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 6 Homer-eating-popcorn-small-c7873
txsoccerdad
txsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itaboutdevelopment? 10/19/2011, 5:19 pm

Texassoccer04 wrote:Lets talk at the next Solar Vs LP game.

Which Solar team?

itaboutdevelopment?
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 10/19/2011, 5:23 pm

itaboutdevelopment? wrote:
Texassoccer04 wrote:Lets talk at the next Solar Vs LP game.

Which Solar team?

Good luck getting a straight answer. Most likely response: All of them.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 6 Empty Don't matter which one

Post by Texassoccer04 10/19/2011, 5:26 pm

Either way they will lose. We need to play before summer. LP G won't be around by then.

Texassoccer04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 10/19/2011, 5:31 pm

When you first started posting this stuff, I got a little irritated and took it waaaaayyyy too seriously. I thought you actually knew what you were talking about. I've been around message boards for a long time, but for some reason you brought out the noob in me.

Now when you post, I'm amused and entertained. You've helped me grow as a person and for that, I thank you!

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 10/19/2011, 5:46 pm

Can't we all get along? Very Happy

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BooNGotti 10/19/2011, 7:06 pm

Maybe LP Gerrard should play all the top teams tough, lose to them all, beat DT United and CVFC. That will definitely put them in the top 5! Haha!

BooNGotti
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdude48 10/19/2011, 11:30 pm

BooNGotti wrote:Maybe LP Gerrard should play all the top teams tough, lose to them all, beat DT United and CVFC. That will definitely put them in the top 5! Haha!

I did hear that LP fagen played the other LP paisley and won 1-0 on an own goal at the end and this team and Gerrard are combining to make 2 teams. I think that team would be worthy of top 10

Soccerdude48
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by turtle 10/19/2011, 11:52 pm

Soccerdude48 wrote:
BooNGotti wrote:Maybe LP Gerrard should play all the top teams tough, lose to them all, beat DT United and CVFC. That will definitely put them in the top 5! Haha!

I did hear that LP fagen played the other LP paisley and won 1-0 on an own goal at the end and this team and Gerrard are combining to make 2 teams. I think that team would be worthy of top 10

LP Fagen won 3-1 against LP Paisley. LP Paisley had an own goal.

turtle
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by itaboutdevelopment? 10/20/2011, 7:57 am

Texassoccer04 wrote:Either way they will lose. We need to play before summer. LP G won't be around by then.

Which Solar team?

itaboutdevelopment?
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfever 10/20/2011, 8:14 am

itaboutdevelopment? wrote:
Texassoccer04 wrote:Either way they will lose. We need to play before summer. LP G won't be around by then.

Which Solar team?

Why don't you tell us which one. Doesn't your bb play for Solar? Embarassed

soccerfever
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdude48 10/20/2011, 11:12 am

turtle wrote:
Soccerdude48 wrote:

LP Fagen won 3-1 against LP Paisley. LP Paisley had an own goal.

Oh my source who has a bb on the LP fagen team said that the paisley team played well and chances to win the game and that they pulled it out at the end with a little luck. Don't shoot the messenger

Soccerdude48
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 10/20/2011, 11:31 am

So is the talk about certain teams possibly merging when going in to next year true? For example, LP teams merging or another we hear about top Solar teams merging. I can see this happening.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 10/20/2011, 11:42 am

futbolista wrote:So is the talk about certain teams possibly merging when going in to next year true? For example, LP teams merging or another we hear about top Solar teams merging. I can see this happening.

If Fagen merged with Gerrard, FCD Snell merged with FCD Goncalves and Solar Crushers merged with Solary Dynamo, it would created some very good elite teams. However, I see this as unlikely because you have some coaches that would be left out of coaching the top teams and a lot of players/kids would be left off their own team to make room for others.

Has this happened in other age groups as they go select?

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by turtle 10/20/2011, 1:04 pm

lol!

turtle
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BooNGotti 10/20/2011, 2:23 pm

turtle wrote:

lol!

Did someone finally get it?! Lol! You are what your record says you are. Each season you work to try to improve your teams. Past achievements don't mean anything if you dont improve. Parents stop living in the past. Everyone is still second to dts. Can someone please update the standings?

BooNGotti
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 10/20/2011, 2:33 pm

BooNGotti wrote:
turtle wrote:

lol!

Did someone finally get it?! Lol! You are what your record says you are. Each season you work to try to improve your teams. Past achievements don't mean anything if you dont improve. Parents stop living in the past. Everyone is still second to dts. Can someone please update the standings?

I saw that as a subtle jab at TFC, a team that has played all the top competition but lost to all of them. You do not want to get TFC folks up in arms, they are pretty tenacious. They should relax as TFC is also a good team but not top 5 yet.

But, you are right in my book that you are what your record says you are.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next