Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Top Ten One Year Before Select

+45
turtle
BooNGotti
soccerturf
oldschoolsoccer
NTXD
P1er
SoccerGenius99
Soccerdude48
itaboutdevelopment?
Texassoccer04
davito
Durty-Tackle
creeper
Lmansoccer
switch
Soccer2011
madisonmyers
cowpukesfan
switchit
Soccerdad79
Primokeeper
albundy412
TexasSoccer02
txsoccerdad
Ochocinco
accidentalelbow
my2cents
burnthestar
pass2space
Offside
Number13
Sprint
pitchperfect
futboler
Sergi Rebrov
2sgrm
TFC 02 BOYS
tigre4now
What
futbolista
newparent
Rightback
wonderwoman39
debit
WRG
49 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 2 Empty Re: Top Ten One Year Before Select

Post by futbolista 7/27/2011, 11:41 am

TFC 02 BOYS wrote:FIRST AND FOREMOST, oydessey has never beaten or even played TFC LARRY.

Look I have seen Odyssey play and we have played them twice recently and if I compare them to other teams in the list that we have played I have to rank them in the top 10. Not sure if we have played any TFC teams lately for me to give my opinion.

futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 2 Empty Re: Top Ten One Year Before Select

Post by futboler 7/27/2011, 11:43 am

q

Last edited by futboler on 7/27/2011, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

futboler
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 7/27/2011, 11:53 am

WRG wrote:[left]
Good to get some 02 talk going. TFC Larry should probably be in there but the ranking was based partially on SDL results and it looks like they had a hard time in SDL last Spring. However, they are a good team and challenge each game.

Some additional thoughts:

I think there could be shake up in the top 5 this year. I know Crushers White got some really good players over the summer, ( I think from Ayses and Odyssey and a few other teams) and I expect them to challenge DTS for the top spot and things will even out a bit.

Dynamo has a good team of really big kids and will always challenge for the top 5.

Ayses Gold seems to have fallen off but saw them in the King Tut and although they did'nt finish high, it seems they have some really good players and should make a comeback.

Have not seen DT Scott play but based on SDL results, I think they have to be in top 4. It looks like they only lost one game in SDL 1 last Spring.

Odyssey was a D2 SDL team but they recently beat Ayses in the King Tut and finished second. They have a few really exciting players and will see what they can do this Fall in SDL 1.

FCD Goncalves could also sneek up and challenge DTS for the top spot as they have looked reallyt strong lately. ALthough they lost to DTS in the finals of a PRimetime tournament lately, the game was closer than the score let on, and Goncalves has some nice players.

Overall, I expect the top 10 to 15 to come together a little closer. Just my .2cents, probably worth less.

Nice observations WRG but I have a question. I'm not nieve to believe that teams will get stronger but has FCD Goncalves just recently added someone after that Finals game we had against them in a recent tournament. The game wasn't a close game. It was 5 - 0 at half in that game.

Again nice observations. I'm just questioning it not knocking it.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 7/27/2011, 12:07 pm

futbolista wrote:
Good to get some 02 talk going. TFC Larry should probably be in there but the ranking was based partially on SDL results and it looks like they had a hard time in SDL last Spring. However, they are a good team and challenge each game.

I think there could be shake up in the top 5 this year. I know Crushers White got some really good players over the summer, ( I think from Ayses and Odyssey and a few other teams) and I expect them to challenge DTS for the top spot and things will even out a bit.

Dynamo has a good team of really big kids and will always challenge for the top 5.

Ayses Gold seems to have fallen off but saw them in the King Tut and although they did'nt finish high, it seems they have some really good players and should make a comeback.

Have not seen DT Scott play but based on SDL results, I think they have to be in top 4. It looks like they only lost one game in SDL 1 last Spring.

Odyssey was a D2 SDL team but they recently beat Ayses in the King Tut and finished second. They have a few really exciting players and will see what they can do this Fall in SDL 1.

FCD Goncalves could also sneek up and challenge DTS for the top spot as they have looked reallyt strong lately. ALthough they lost to DTS in the finals of a PRimetime tournament lately, the game was closer than the score let on, and Goncalves has some nice players.

Overall, I expect the top 10 to 15 to come together a little closer. Just my .2cents, probably worth less.

Nice observations WRG but I have a question. I'm not nieve to believe that teams will get stronger but has FCD Goncalves just recently added someone after that Finals game we had against them in a recent tournament. The game wasn't a close game. It was 5 - 0 at half in that game.

Again nice observations. I'm just questioning it not knocking it.

I am not aware of anything that happened to FCD Goncalves since that loss to you guys in the final. Although TFC 02 mentioned they got one of the best forwards in the league. Don't know if he was there for that game. My guess is based on the way it seems they are on the rise.

Everyone is still chasing DTS but many are building up over the next year. ( Although I assume DTS may get stronger as well.)

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 7/27/2011, 12:16 pm

futboler wrote:
Number13 wrote:thats a lot of odyssey talk.

they seem to have a decent team. they have one really strong player. parental bias says (as in "moral victory" loss to DTS) they can field a slightly stronger team when they incorporate some of their 03s, which SDL allows but all the NTSSA events/leagues have not.

two 03 players played with 02s in two tournaments a few months ago. needed extra subs

Oh ok, I hope the 03s didn't hurt their competitiveness.

TFC 02 Boys wrote:
They picked up one of the best 02 latin forwards in the age group

What even is a Latin forward? Is that a kid from Jesuit who can chant the pater noster? Is there a list of the best Swahili forwards? Or native English speaking forwards?
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 7/27/2011, 12:19 pm

Number13 wrote:
futboler wrote:

they seem to have a decent team. they have one really strong player. parental bias says (as in "moral victory" loss to DTS) they can field a slightly stronger team when they incorporate some of their 03s, which SDL allows but all the NTSSA events/leagues have not.

two 03 players played with 02s in two tournaments a few months ago. needed extra subs

TFC 02 Boys wrote:

What even is a Latin forward? Is that a kid from Jesuit who can chant the pater noster? Is there a list of the best Swahili forwards? Or native English speaking forwards?

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh. lol! lol!
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 7/27/2011, 12:28 pm

TFC 02 BOYS wrote:Its seems everyone is getting stronger over the summer. I know for a fact FC Dallas Premiere will be a completely different team from last year. THEY WILL BE VERY STRONG! It will be an all spanish team.

That's pretty far-reaching recruiting, but they did win the world cup last year so maybe that's the real reason for FCD to send their dev academy teams to Spain during spring break. They were recruiting for FC Dallas Premier 02 Boys Laughing

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futboler 7/27/2011, 12:29 pm

What even is a Latin forward? Is that a kid from Jesuit who can chant the pater noster? Is there a list of the best Swahili forwards? Or native English speaking forwards? [/quote]

Now thats funny!

On the other hand, the two 03 boys can play and, like you said, only made the team stronger. They are exceptional players with an immense amount of talent. Hope they play up more, as it helps them as well as the team.

futboler
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Offside 7/27/2011, 1:00 pm

This will clear up some confusion:

Last seasons FCD red and FCD blue changed coaching.
The stronger FCD team now has Coach Goncalvez and the FCD weaker team (blue? )
has a new coach....so coach G has been handed a talented bunch of kids.

Offside
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by pass2space 7/27/2011, 2:12 pm

I usually resist responding to provocative and speculative posts but will provide a bit of insight on AYSES 02B Gold since we were spanked but still managed to win the tournament.

* Feel free to rank us where ever it makes you feel good. Classic League U11 D1 is 20 teams. Teams that are shooting for a U12 Top 10 D1 status have 2 years to achieve their goal. Its a marathon not a sprint.

* Spring SDL was a transitional season for AYSES 02B in style of play, coaches, roster adds and subtracts.

* AYSES tournament referred to by TFC 02 Boys: Parent coached the team for the tournament, partial Gold team roster. TFC Larry has very much improved and I don't want to take that away from them. I know parent/player on the team and was impressed with their progress. However, AYSES did take the tournament championship in a stunning comeback over TFC. To the original TFC 02 Boys poster, I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve with all of your rhetoric but I don't think your are doing any favors for your club or team(s) based on your recent posts across the age groups.

* TUT tournament: Odyssey played very well. They are fast and aggressive. AYSES parent coached the tournament, roster varied from game-to-game, some players were on vacation, some were available for SAT and others only for SUN games (1-sub). TUT was the team's first time to ever practice or play in 11v11 format. We no doubt have some 11v11 areas to work on.

* New AYSES coach on-board that is a great match for a development focused team. If there were a lottery for coaches, we just hit the jackpot. New impact players have been added to the roster over the last few weeks. We are always looking for quality players and develop-minded parents. Come check us out and see if it is a fit.

Side Note: If past patterns are an indicator, composition of players/teams heading into the Fall and Spring season will range from - little change, to very different, to non-existent at this time next year when the 02B's solidify their teams for QT. This is the year to get a lay of the land, check out other clubs/coaches/teams, build relationships and network outside your current team and club. Expect the unexpected, and do not wait until next summer before considering your back-up plan.
pass2space
pass2space
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by burnthestar 7/27/2011, 4:19 pm

futbolista wrote:
Number13 wrote:
futboler wrote:

TFC 02 Boys wrote:

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh. lol! lol!

Whaaaahhh, ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaaa!!!! "Swahili forwards"!!!! You guys crack me up!
burnthestar
burnthestar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TFC 02 BOYS 7/27/2011, 4:25 pm

Its going to be a interesting year for the top 20 teams in the 02 boys age group. I look forward to the challenge!

Good luck to everyone.
TFC 02 BOYS
TFC 02 BOYS
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 7/28/2011, 10:25 am

futboler wrote:What even is a Latin forward? Is that a kid from Jesuit who can chant the pater noster? Is there a list of the best Swahili forwards? Or native English speaking forwards?

Now thats funny!

On the other hand, the two 03 boys can play and, like you said, only made the team stronger. They are exceptional players with an immense amount of talent. Hope they play up more, as it helps them as well as the team. [/quote]

This year will be it. Can play up in select but can't play up into select

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 7/28/2011, 10:47 am

my2cents wrote:
futboler wrote:What even is a Latin forward? Is that a kid from Jesuit who can chant the pater noster? Is there a list of the best Swahili forwards? Or native English speaking forwards?

Now thats funny!

On the other hand, the two 03 boys can play and, like you said, only made the team stronger. They are exceptional players with an immense amount of talent. Hope they play up more, as it helps them as well as the team.

So is it right that once you get into select, U11, you can go ahead and play up into U12 if you want? So the U11 year is really the only year teams have to be age pure? A

Is that right?

This year will be it. Can play up in select but can't play up into select[/quote]

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by accidentalelbow 7/28/2011, 1:09 pm

futboler wrote:
Sergi Rebrov wrote:I think Liverpool Gerrard has to be in top 10.

Here are the SDL 1 spring stats based on win percentage

Rankings Winning Percentage SoS (2xOWP/3 + OOWP/3):
21 pts - DT South Adames 1.000 .4398
18 pts - DT Scott City (+12) .8571 .3805
18 pts - Solar Stricker White (+3 reported) .8571 .4444
14 pts - Liverpool Fagen (+10) .5714 .3867
14 pts - FCD Goncalves Blue (+5) .5714 .4532
13 pts - Solar Renner Dynamo M .6667 .3926
12 pts - Solar Renner Maroon (+6) .5714 .4476
12 pts - Liverpool Souter (+2) .5714 .4164
11 pts - FCD Snell Predator .4286 .4833
10 pts - FCD Snell Premier M .4286 .4393
9 pts - DT Scott United .4286 .4384
8 pts - Solar Renner Dynamo K .3333 .4282
7 pts - FCD Snell Premier .2857 .5155
6 pts - AYSES Gold Loftin .2857 .4274
4 pts - TFC Larry .1429 .4866
0 pts - FCD Depew (-10) .0000 .5123
0 pts - TFC Haylock (-19) .0000 .5060
0 pts - FCD Goncalves Red (-25) .0000 .4739

Liverpool Gerrard is Liverpool Souter.

Obviously well ranked on the stats.
Since then they have played 2 tournaments. In both tournaments they reached the championship game with ease. Losing both championship games to Liverpool Fagen (top 3) and FC Dallas Gonvcalves (will challenge the top 3 this fall)

Also in my opinion Odyssea is ranked too high. A team who is untested in SDL 1. Yes they only lost to Renner 1-0 in King Tut but I watched that game. Any other day it would have been 6-0 to Solar, they had one of those USWNT days where it just would not go in. Odyssea just played kick ball the whole time.
I'm not saying they are not a good team I'm just saying it's a bit premature to rank them so highly before we have seen them play the top teams weekly in SDL.

I know Odyssey is a good team. They beat Ayses gold, TFC Larry, and had dts 1 to 1 at halftime recently. Maybe they had a bad game against solar renner but they were winning 1 to 0 before solar equalized right before halftime. I watched the game also and they just didn't have a good second half and got scored on in the last 3 minutes of the game which was a controversial goal. Solar renner also had a bunch of crushers players to make a super solar team that tournament. We will see, but i think odyssey is a top ten team. They beat boca juniors in cal last year also. Just my opinion but i think tgre just about got it right cheers Going to be a fun year

Slight correction, that 1-1 tie at halftime against DTS in last weekend’s Puma Cup is incorrect. The final score of that game was 3-0 DTS. In my opinion, Odyssey was the second best team in that tournament, but due to a second game tie 0-0 and the loss to DTS in their third game, Odyssey only had 3 goals for the entire tournament, which knocked them out of playing for the finals, as Boca had a better record. Additionally, these were not true 11 v 11 fields (like the 01's played on), so the field of play was really crowded.
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by accidentalelbow 7/28/2011, 1:24 pm

Not sure if you watched the entire game, but the final was 6-0 DTS (or more) and at no point was the game close. Both teams missed capitalizing on close opportunities, but this tournament was 9v9 on small fields and Goncalves had two Solar Dynamo boys on the team, unless these boys are now permanent additions?

Last edited by accidentalelbow on 7/28/2011, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tigre4now 7/28/2011, 1:33 pm

accidentalelbow wrote:

Not sure if you watched the entire game, but the final was 6-0 DTS and at no point was the game close. Both teams missed capitalizing on close opportunities, but this tournament was 9v9 on small fields and Goncalves had two Solar Dynamo boys on the team, unless these boys are now permanent additions?

If your referring to the primetime tournament I read here on another thread that was the first time they played together as a team.
tigre4now
tigre4now
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 7/28/2011, 1:42 pm

accidentalelbow wrote:
futboler wrote:

Since then they have played 2 tournaments. In both tournaments they reached the championship game with ease. Losing both championship games to Liverpool Fagen (top 3) and FC Dallas Gonvcalves (will challenge the top 3 this fall)

Also in my opinion Odyssea is ranked too high. A team who is untested in SDL 1. Yes they only lost to Renner 1-0 in King Tut but I watched that game. Any other day it would have been 6-0 to Solar, they had one of those USWNT days where it just would not go in. Odyssea just played kick ball the whole time.
I'm not saying they are not a good team I'm just saying it's a bit premature to rank them so highly before we have seen them play the top teams weekly in SDL.

I know Odyssey is a good team. They beat Ayses gold, TFC Larry, and had dts 1 to 1 at halftime recently. Maybe they had a bad game against solar renner but they were winning 1 to 0 before solar equalized right before halftime. I watched the game also and they just didn't have a good second half and got scored on in the last 3 minutes of the game which was a controversial goal. Solar renner also had a bunch of crushers players to make a super solar team that tournament. We will see, but i think odyssey is a top ten team. They beat boca juniors in cal last year also. Just my opinion but i think tgre just about got it right cheers Going to be a fun year

Slight correction, that 1-1 tie at halftime against DTS in last weekend’s Puma Cup is incorrect. The final score of that game was 3-0 DTS. In my opinion, Odyssey was the second best team in that tournament, but due to a second game tie 0-0 and the loss to DTS in their third game, Odyssey only had 3 goals for the entire tournament, which knocked them out of playing for the finals, as Boca had a better record. Additionally, these were not true 11 v 11 fields (like the 01's played on), so the field of play was really crowded.

I think the 1-1 game at halftime he was referring to was in the Prime time Tournament in May. It was a sundy morning game and tied 1-1 at half but then DTS pulled away in the second half to win 3-1.

The fields at the Puma Cup were pretty poor for 11 v. 11., it prevented much fast wing play and the boys could not get much space. Having said that, DTS dealt with it well and continues to dominate this age group.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by accidentalelbow 7/28/2011, 1:46 pm

Sprint wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:
futboler wrote:

I think the 1-1 game at halftime he was referring to was in the Prime time Tournament in May. It was a sundy morning game and tied 1-1 at half but then DTS pulled away in the second half to win 3-1.

The fields at the Puma Cup were pretty poor for 11 v. 11., it prevented much fast wing play and the boys could not get much space. Having said that, DTS dealt with it well and continues to dominate this age group.

Probably so, my mistake - good points as well.
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco 7/29/2011, 6:51 am

futboler wrote:

Now thats funny!

Using younger talent can have mixed results.....gives extra touches to the younger ones while making the older team more competitive.

In recent years, there was a U10 team who opted to go this route. Short term, the move worked great; team went from D3 SDL to D1 SDL in a season. Team was competing well in tournaments and was projected to get a top 10 seed for QT.

Problem was that the younger talent gradually started benching the age pure players in the original team. Eventually, families of those benched players opted to leave the team searching for more playing time. As select time loomed, the younger players were unable to play up any more and the team struggled just to field 11 players for QT. Long story short, team did not make classic and is about to fold.

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txsoccerdad 7/31/2011, 8:48 am

subscribing Cool
txsoccerdad
txsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 7/31/2011, 11:34 pm

futbolista wrote:
debit wrote:I think Liverpool Gerrard belongs in this conversation. I would probably place them 8 or 9 in your list. Not sure how 11v11 will change everything. I think some teams will suffer because of it and others will thrive so it will certainly make the fall season fun.

Other changes... I would bump DT Scott down a couple spots. I think top 4 today are:

DTS
Solar Crushers White
Solar Dynamo
Liverpool Fagen

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of these teams in the bottom half like TX Suns, FC Dallas Nova Gomez, Barcelona and it's been a long time since I've seen Boca Juniors, AYSES, Aces and Mansfield Samba

I agree with Debit but would like to add FC Dallas Gonzales in the top 5. It will be interesting this season as now all teams will play 11 v 11. Will all teams have the strength and depth? There will be an adjustment period so strength of team will take time to recognize.

I do see a name on here not recognized. Who are TX Suns and where do they play? I look forward to the upcoming SDL season. Many player changes between teams so it should be interesting.

Just curious as to how the Texas Suns have done against other teams ranked in some of the top 10 lists on this thread.

DTS 02 scrimmaged Texas Suns today and the score was DTS 8 to Texas Suns 2. This is our first time playing this team. I have heard they have played other teams very well and even heard they were one of the top 02 teams.

futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 2 Empty Texan residency

Post by TexasSoccer02 8/1/2011, 4:28 am

I think the Texan residency will change the ranking for next year. If there are enough 02 boys in the program and you add these boys to a strong team on the list. It will make that team even stronger. Those kids are practicing about 80 hrs a month. In 2 months that would be more than most teams practice in a year.
It will be interesting to watch these kids and how they develop

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 8/1/2011, 7:47 am

futbolista wrote:
futbolista wrote:
debit wrote:I think Liverpool Gerrard belongs in this conversation. I would probably place them 8 or 9 in your list. Not sure how 11v11 will change everything. I think some teams will suffer because of it and others will thrive so it will certainly make the fall season fun.

Other changes... I would bump DT Scott down a couple spots. I think top 4 today are:

DTS
Solar Crushers White
Solar Dynamo
Liverpool Fagen

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of these teams in the bottom half like TX Suns, FC Dallas Nova Gomez, Barcelona and it's been a long time since I've seen Boca Juniors, AYSES, Aces and Mansfield Samba

I agree with Debit but would like to add FC Dallas Gonzales in the top 5. It will be interesting this season as now all teams will play 11 v 11. Will all teams have the strength and depth? There will be an adjustment period so strength of team will take time to recognize.

I do see a name on here not recognized. Who are TX Suns and where do they play? I look forward to the upcoming SDL season. Many player changes between teams so it should be interesting.

Just curious as to how the Texas Suns have done against other teams ranked in some of the top 10 lists on this thread.

DTS 02 scrimmaged Texas Suns today and the score was DTS 8 to Texas Suns 2. This is our first time playing this team. I have heard they have played other teams very well and even heard they were one of the top 02 teams.

I think the scrimmage result may speak more to the gap between DTS and the other top teams. I think DTS is pretty far ahead so even with that result TX Suns could still be a top team, just not as close to DTS. Hopefully some of the team perceived to be at the very top can give DTS a good game this year, ( Goncalves, Crushers White, Dynamo, Liverpool Fagen).

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 8/1/2011, 9:54 am

WRG wrote:
futbolista wrote:
futbolista wrote:

DTS
Solar Crushers White
Solar Dynamo
Liverpool Fagen

I think the scrimmage result may speak more to the gap between DTS and the other top teams. I think DTS is pretty far ahead so even with that result TX Suns could still be a top team, just not as close to DTS. Hopefully some of the team perceived to be at the very top can give DTS a good game this year, ( Goncalves, Crushers White, Dynamo, Liverpool Fagen).

I'm starting to form an opinion that the CAL teams aren't as great as they are hyped to be. I've heard good things about several of these teams like TX Suns, Boca Juniors, Independiente. We played Independiente recently. They have a strong record in CAL, but we beat them 4-0, and I thought we didn't play that well. It seemed that we spent 80% of the time in our offensive half of the field. I think most of the top CAL teams tend to match up with bottom of D1 in SDL or maybe D2.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tigre4now 8/1/2011, 10:37 am

debit wrote:
WRG wrote:
futbolista wrote:
futbolista wrote:

DTS
Solar Crushers White
Solar Dynamo
Liverpool Fagen

I'm starting to form an opinion that the CAL teams aren't as great as they are hyped to be. I've heard good things about several of these teams like TX Suns, Boca Juniors, Independiente. We played Independiente recently. They have a strong record in CAL, but we beat them 4-0, and I thought we didn't play that well. It seemed that we spent 80% of the time in our offensive half of the field. I think most of the top CAL teams tend to match up with bottom of D1 in SDL or maybe D2.

A lot of the Cal teams have kids that play and practice with club teams. My bb and a few others on his team guest play in tournaments and in the Cal league.

The Texas Suns have lost a few kids but that is not say that DTS couldn't beat them with those kids. They were a lot stronger last season. I've seen this team tear pretty much everybody in the east side for a while now but I think that other teams have started to recruit from that team.

I have one question futbolista. Where did the big goalie play DTS or TXS ?
tigre4now
tigre4now
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next