Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Top Ten One Year Before Select

+45
turtle
BooNGotti
soccerturf
oldschoolsoccer
NTXD
P1er
SoccerGenius99
Soccerdude48
itaboutdevelopment?
Texassoccer04
davito
Durty-Tackle
creeper
Lmansoccer
switch
Soccer2011
madisonmyers
cowpukesfan
switchit
Soccerdad79
Primokeeper
albundy412
TexasSoccer02
txsoccerdad
Ochocinco
accidentalelbow
my2cents
burnthestar
pass2space
Offside
Number13
Sprint
pitchperfect
futboler
Sergi Rebrov
2sgrm
TFC 02 BOYS
tigre4now
What
futbolista
newparent
Rightback
wonderwoman39
debit
WRG
49 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 3 Empty Re: Top Ten One Year Before Select

Post by tigre4now 8/1/2011, 10:37 am

debit wrote:
WRG wrote:
futbolista wrote:
futbolista wrote:
debit wrote:I think Liverpool Gerrard belongs in this conversation. I would probably place them 8 or 9 in your list. Not sure how 11v11 will change everything. I think some teams will suffer because of it and others will thrive so it will certainly make the fall season fun.

Other changes... I would bump DT Scott down a couple spots. I think top 4 today are:

DTS
Solar Crushers White
Solar Dynamo
Liverpool Fagen

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of these teams in the bottom half like TX Suns, FC Dallas Nova Gomez, Barcelona and it's been a long time since I've seen Boca Juniors, AYSES, Aces and Mansfield Samba

I agree with Debit but would like to add FC Dallas Gonzales in the top 5. It will be interesting this season as now all teams will play 11 v 11. Will all teams have the strength and depth? There will be an adjustment period so strength of team will take time to recognize.

I do see a name on here not recognized. Who are TX Suns and where do they play? I look forward to the upcoming SDL season. Many player changes between teams so it should be interesting.

Just curious as to how the Texas Suns have done against other teams ranked in some of the top 10 lists on this thread.

DTS 02 scrimmaged Texas Suns today and the score was DTS 8 to Texas Suns 2. This is our first time playing this team. I have heard they have played other teams very well and even heard they were one of the top 02 teams.

I think the scrimmage result may speak more to the gap between DTS and the other top teams. I think DTS is pretty far ahead so even with that result TX Suns could still be a top team, just not as close to DTS. Hopefully some of the team perceived to be at the very top can give DTS a good game this year, ( Goncalves, Crushers White, Dynamo, Liverpool Fagen).

I'm starting to form an opinion that the CAL teams aren't as great as they are hyped to be. I've heard good things about several of these teams like TX Suns, Boca Juniors, Independiente. We played Independiente recently. They have a strong record in CAL, but we beat them 4-0, and I thought we didn't play that well. It seemed that we spent 80% of the time in our offensive half of the field. I think most of the top CAL teams tend to match up with bottom of D1 in SDL or maybe D2.

A lot of the Cal teams have kids that play and practice with club teams. My bb and a few others on his team guest play in tournaments and in the Cal league.

The Texas Suns have lost a few kids but that is not say that DTS couldn't beat them with those kids. They were a lot stronger last season. I've seen this team tear pretty much everybody in the east side for a while now but I think that other teams have started to recruit from that team.

I have one question futbolista. Where did the big goalie play DTS or TXS ?

tigre4now
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 3 Empty Re: Top Ten One Year Before Select

Post by futbolista 8/1/2011, 11:50 am

tigre4now wrote:
debit wrote:
WRG wrote:
futbolista wrote:
futbolista wrote:
debit wrote:I think Liverpool Gerrard belongs in this conversation. I would probably place them 8 or 9 in your list. Not sure how 11v11 will change everything. I think some teams will suffer because of it and others will thrive so it will certainly make the fall season fun.

Other changes... I would bump DT Scott down a couple spots. I think top 4 today are:

DTS
Solar Crushers White
Solar Dynamo
Liverpool Fagen

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of these teams in the bottom half like TX Suns, FC Dallas Nova Gomez, Barcelona and it's been a long time since I've seen Boca Juniors, AYSES, Aces and Mansfield Samba

I agree with Debit but would like to add FC Dallas Gonzales in the top 5. It will be interesting this season as now all teams will play 11 v 11. Will all teams have the strength and depth? There will be an adjustment period so strength of team will take time to recognize.

I do see a name on here not recognized. Who are TX Suns and where do they play? I look forward to the upcoming SDL season. Many player changes between teams so it should be interesting.

Just curious as to how the Texas Suns have done against other teams ranked in some of the top 10 lists on this thread.

DTS 02 scrimmaged Texas Suns today and the score was DTS 8 to Texas Suns 2. This is our first time playing this team. I have heard they have played other teams very well and even heard they were one of the top 02 teams.

I think the scrimmage result may speak more to the gap between DTS and the other top teams. I think DTS is pretty far ahead so even with that result TX Suns could still be a top team, just not as close to DTS. Hopefully some of the team perceived to be at the very top can give DTS a good game this year, ( Goncalves, Crushers White, Dynamo, Liverpool Fagen).

I'm starting to form an opinion that the CAL teams aren't as great as they are hyped to be. I've heard good things about several of these teams like TX Suns, Boca Juniors, Independiente. We played Independiente recently. They have a strong record in CAL, but we beat them 4-0, and I thought we didn't play that well. It seemed that we spent 80% of the time in our offensive half of the field. I think most of the top CAL teams tend to match up with bottom of D1 in SDL or maybe D2.

A lot of the Cal teams have kids that play and practice with club teams. My bb and a few others on his team guest play in tournaments and in the Cal league.

The Texas Suns have lost a few kids but that is not say that DTS couldn't beat them with those kids. They were a lot stronger last season. I've seen this team tear pretty much everybody in the east side for a while now but I think that other teams have started to recruit from that team.

I have one question futbolista. Where did the big goalie play DTS or TXS ?

Of course DTS Tigre4now. He plays with the other team when we have nothing going on.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2sgrm 8/2/2011, 11:16 am

TexasSoccer02 wrote:I think the Texan residency will change the ranking for next year. If there are enough 02 boys in the program and you add these boys to a strong team on the list. It will make that team even stronger. Those kids are practicing about 80 hrs a month. In 2 months that would be more than most teams practice in a year.
It will be interesting to watch these kids and how they develop

It will be interesting to see how the residency program works out. It makes since that the boys would improve with more practice, but burnout is always a consideration too. Then again, there are some boys (whose parents cannot afford the residency program) who love soccer and practice in their front yard hours each week. Surprised

It makes one stop to consider if a non residency program boy would want to try out for a top Texans team. I would assume the boys who are paying to be in the residency program would receive preferred treatment above those who are not. I could be wrong and they will still accept and play the best, but it makes you stop and think.

2sgrm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 8/2/2011, 11:32 am

2sgrm wrote:
TexasSoccer02 wrote:I think the Texan residency will change the ranking for next year. If there are enough 02 boys in the program and you add these boys to a strong team on the list. It will make that team even stronger. Those kids are practicing about 80 hrs a month. In 2 months that would be more than most teams practice in a year.
It will be interesting to watch these kids and how they develop

It will be interesting to see how the residency program works out. It makes since that the boys would improve with more practice, but burnout is always a consideration too. Then again, there are some boys (whose parents cannot afford the residency program) who love soccer and practice in their front yard hours each week. Surprised

It makes one stop to consider if a non residency program boy would want to try out for a top Texans team. I would assume the boys who are paying to be in the residency program would receive preferred treatment above those who are not. I could be wrong and they will still accept and play the best, but it makes you stop and think.

Does anyone know how many 02 boys are in the DT residency program? I assumed it would be older kids doing this program but maybe not. If they start now and hang with it, it definately makes sense they would develop faster with more play and practice time. Assuming they do not burn out and they have some talent to begin with.

Will the elite 02 players start to play up a year once they get into select? That could change the shape of this age group is so.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 3 Empty FC Dallas and others will follow

Post by TexasSoccer02 8/3/2011, 8:56 am

I have heard that FC Dallas is looking at starting a program for younger kids.
They have a program similar to the Texan Residency Program but for older kids. They are currently working on middle schools to help them with what this age group.

It will be interesting to see which clubs will have a program like that.

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 3 Empty Be careful about rankings

Post by albundy412 8/8/2011, 9:18 am

I personally think that we are getting out of hand by ranking 9 year old boys and that we need to be careful not to put too much pressure on our kids to win. This is supposed to be fun for them. My advice: just be careful and remember this is a game. I agree there will be a lot of movement among teams this season and we will see some great play. Any day one team can beat another in this age group. Inconsistency is normal for them. We wonder what causes 70% of our kids to stop playing soccer by the age of 13. #1 reason: not fun anymore and #2 reason: my parents and coach put too much pressure on me to perform. Let's remember that out there on the field, ok?

albundy412
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Primokeeper 8/10/2011, 1:46 pm

futboler wrote:
Sergi Rebrov wrote:I think Liverpool Gerrard has to be in top 10.

Here are the SDL 1 spring stats based on win percentage

Rankings Winning Percentage SoS (2xOWP/3 + OOWP/3):
21 pts - DT South Adames 1.000 .4398
18 pts - DT Scott City (+12) .8571 .3805
18 pts - Solar Stricker White (+3 reported) .8571 .4444
14 pts - Liverpool Fagen (+10) .5714 .3867
14 pts - FCD Goncalves Blue (+5) .5714 .4532
13 pts - Solar Renner Dynamo M .6667 .3926
12 pts - Solar Renner Maroon (+6) .5714 .4476
12 pts - Liverpool Souter (+2) .5714 .4164
11 pts - FCD Snell Predator .4286 .4833
10 pts - FCD Snell Premier M .4286 .4393
9 pts - DT Scott United .4286 .4384
8 pts - Solar Renner Dynamo K .3333 .4282
7 pts - FCD Snell Premier .2857 .5155
6 pts - AYSES Gold Loftin .2857 .4274
4 pts - TFC Larry .1429 .4866
0 pts - FCD Depew (-10) .0000 .5123
0 pts - TFC Haylock (-19) .0000 .5060
0 pts - FCD Goncalves Red (-25) .0000 .4739

Liverpool Gerrard is Liverpool Souter.

Obviously well ranked on the stats.
Since then they have played 2 tournaments. In both tournaments they reached the championship game with ease. Losing both championship games to Liverpool Fagen (top 3) and FC Dallas Gonvcalves (will challenge the top 3 this fall)

Also in my opinion Odyssea is ranked too high. A team who is untested in SDL 1. Yes they only lost to Renner 1-0 in King Tut but I watched that game. Any other day it would have been 6-0 to Solar, they had one of those USWNT days where it just would not go in. Odyssea just played kick ball the whole time.
I'm not saying they are not a good team I'm just saying it's a bit premature to rank them so highly before we have seen them play the top teams weekly in SDL.

I know Odyssey is a good team. They beat Ayses gold, TFC Larry, and had dts 1 to 1 at halftime recently. Maybe they had a bad game against solar renner but they were winning 1 to 0 before solar equalized right before halftime. I watched the game also and they just didn't have a good second half and got scored on in the last 3 minutes of the game which was a controversial goal. Solar renner also had a bunch of crushers players to make a super solar team that tournament. We will see, but i think odyssey is a top ten team. They beat boca juniors in cal last year also. Just my opinion but i think tgre just about got it right cheers Going to be a fun year

I also saw the game and agree that while there was a period in the second half where Odyssey did a lot of chasing and the ball was primarily in their defensive half, they hung tough with some good defense, goal keeping and a little luck. The determining goal at the end of the second half was a travesty of officiating. Odyssey didn't deserve to win the game but they didn't deserve to lose it on a badgered linesmans call reversal 15 seconds after the intial call was made that the ball had not gone over the goal line.
Primokeeper
Primokeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Primokeeper 8/10/2011, 1:54 pm

burnthestar wrote:
futbolista wrote:
Number13 wrote:
futboler wrote:
Number13 wrote:thats a lot of odyssey talk.

they seem to have a decent team. they have one really strong player. parental bias says (as in "moral victory" loss to DTS) they can field a slightly stronger team when they incorporate some of their 03s, which SDL allows but all the NTSSA events/leagues have not.

two 03 players played with 02s in two tournaments a few months ago. needed extra subs

Oh ok, I hope the 03s didn't hurt their competitiveness.

TFC 02 Boys wrote:
They picked up one of the best 02 latin forwards in the age group

What even is a Latin forward? Is that a kid from Jesuit who can chant the pater noster? Is there a list of the best Swahili forwards? Or native English speaking forwards?

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh. lol! lol!

Whaaaahhh, ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaaa!!!! "Swahili forwards"!!!! You guys crack me up!

Not to seem petty but doesn't Crushers and Solar Dynamo take the best players from their two teams when they play in separate tournaments? There are some pretty great players that I have seen play on both teams. I have never seen both crushers and dynamo in the same tournament that I can remember but I could be wrong about that.
Primokeeper
Primokeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 8/10/2011, 2:38 pm

Primokeeper wrote:
burnthestar wrote:
futbolista wrote:
Number13 wrote:
futboler wrote:

they seem to have a decent team. they have one really strong player. parental bias says (as in "moral victory" loss to DTS) they can field a slightly stronger team when they incorporate some of their 03s, which SDL allows but all the NTSSA events/leagues have not.

two 03 players played with 02s in two tournaments a few months ago. needed extra subs

TFC 02 Boys wrote:

What even is a Latin forward? Is that a kid from Jesuit who can chant the pater noster? Is there a list of the best Swahili forwards? Or native English speaking forwards?

Whaaaahhh, ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaaa!!!! "Swahili forwards"!!!! You guys crack me up!

Not to seem petty but doesn't Crushers and Solar Dynamo take the best players from their two teams when they play in separate tournaments? There are some pretty great players that I have seen play on both teams. I have never seen both crushers and dynamo in the same tournament that I can remember but I could be wrong about that.

I think that is pretty standard with some of the large clubs. Would not be suprised if DT, FCD and Solar all interchanged kids among other teams in the club when playing in tournaments. I have seen this with Crushers and Dynamo and would not be suprised to see them form one Premiere Level team when they go select for this age group.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Primokeeper 8/10/2011, 2:54 pm

WRG wrote:
Primokeeper wrote:
burnthestar wrote:
futbolista wrote:
Number13 wrote:
futboler wrote:

TFC 02 Boys wrote:

I think that is pretty standard with some of the large clubs. Would not be suprised if DT, FCD and Solar all interchanged kids among other teams in the club when playing in tournaments. I have seen this with Crushers and Dynamo and would not be suprised to see them form one Premiere Level team when they go select for this age group.

My subtle point was that it seems difficult to assess the strength of a team (either crushers or dynamo) as an example (I am not just picking on Solar) if each always has the luxary of pulling the best boys from the other team during tournament play. When they have to field separate teams, like in league play, and can't do that, it would seem that each team would be weaker because they would have to divide the 6-8 highly skilled boys between both teams or have one super team with all of them while the other one would be considerably weaker. I don't know the roster requirments of league play so my perception might not be correct.
Primokeeper
Primokeeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 8/10/2011, 3:02 pm

Primokeeper wrote:
WRG wrote:
Primokeeper wrote:
burnthestar wrote:
futbolista wrote:
Number13 wrote:
futboler wrote:

TFC 02 Boys wrote:

My subtle point was that it seems difficult to assess the strength of a team (either crushers or dynamo) as an example (I am not just picking on Solar) if each always has the luxary of pulling the best boys from the other team during tournament play. When they have to field separate teams, like in league play, and can't do that, it would seem that each team would be weaker because they would have to divide the 6-8 highly skilled boys between both teams or have one super team with all of them while the other one would be considerably weaker. I don't know the roster requirments of league play so my perception might not be correct.

I agree with your point but think those two teams you mentioned are pretty fluid even in league play. I am not sure who is really on the Dynamo group of teams or who you will be playing each week. I think both of those teams rank high in this age group just due to the fact they win most of the time, with whomever they bring out.

I would like to see them form a top Solar team as I think it would challenge and perhaps beat DTS. Hopefully they will put that together in some of the upcoming tournaments at the end of August or Labor Day.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 8/10/2011, 3:34 pm

WRG wrote:
Primokeeper wrote:
WRG wrote:
Primokeeper wrote:
burnthestar wrote:
futbolista wrote:
Number13 wrote:
futboler wrote:

TFC 02 Boys wrote:

I agree with your point but think those two teams you mentioned are pretty fluid even in league play. I am not sure who is really on the Dynamo group of teams or who you will be playing each week. I think both of those teams rank high in this age group just due to the fact they win most of the time, with whomever they bring out.

I would like to see them form a top Solar team as I think it would challenge and perhaps beat DTS. Hopefully they will put that together in some of the upcoming tournaments at the end of August or Labor Day.

If Solar were to create a top team with players from Dynamo & Crushers, which coach would take this top team? Since they are 1 year away from select, would either coach be willing to give up their top players?
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 8/10/2011, 3:48 pm

Soccerdad79 wrote:
If Solar were to create a top team with players from Dynamo & Crushers, which coach would take this top team? Since they are 1 year away from select, would either coach be willing to give up their top players?

Now that's the exact kind of thinking that drives me crazy about "club" soccer in North Texas. The 'protect my turf' mentality that some coaches have with their big egos. Hey coach, it's not about you. I think there are a few clubs that get this right, but most (probably all) of the big clubs do not. If it's one club, why shouldn't it be run as a collective group of players--not coaches protecting their rosters and their players that they recruited.

In my pie in the sky world, a club should bring all players together in an age group and group them by ability into Team A, Team B, Team C... Team Z. Players can move up or down depending on development from one year to the next. Coaches are assigned to teams by the club and they don't care which team they're coaching--they just develop the players they're given.

In North Texas you have a group of coaches who are all running their own "mini-club", but they wear the same uniforms and call it one club. Even the club my son plays at doesn't really get it. They've shown signs of getting it right, but not fully committed to this concept.

BTW, I'm not very familiar with other parts of the country, but based on some blogs I've read, there are some areas that do this the right way. There's a blog from a coach in Atlanta hinting this is how his club is run.

Player centric club administration is what we need--not coach centric. It takes a very strong administrator to get it done. I know it's not easy, but tell me which clubs are run this way.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 8/10/2011, 3:54 pm

debit wrote:
Soccerdad79 wrote:

Now that's the exact kind of thinking that drives me crazy about "club" soccer in North Texas. The 'protect my turf' mentality that some coaches have with their big egos. Hey coach, it's not about you. I think there are a few clubs that get this right, but most (probably all) of the big clubs do not. If it's one club, why shouldn't it be run as a collective group of players--not coaches protecting their rosters and their players that they recruited.

In my pie in the sky world, a club should bring all players together in an age group and group them by ability into Team A, Team B, Team C... Team Z. Players can move up or down depending on development from one year to the next. Coaches are assigned to teams by the club and they don't care which team they're coaching--they just develop the players they're given.

In North Texas you have a group of coaches who are all running their own "mini-club", but they wear the same uniforms and call it one club. Even the club my son plays at doesn't really get it. They've shown signs of getting it right, but not fully committed to this concept.

BTW, I'm not very familiar with other parts of the country, but based on some blogs I've read, there are some areas that do this the right way. There's a blog from a coach in Atlanta hinting this is how his club is run.

Player centric club administration is what we need--not coach centric. It takes a very strong administrator to get it done. I know it's not easy, but tell me which clubs are run this way.

I agree with you and in the case of Crushers and Dynamo, maybe they could get this done and form one premiere team. I have seen Stricker and Renner on the sidelines at the same game with a team so it appears they have coached together before. They have a lot of top players and could form a dominate team going into select. The one problem may be location. Renner is in Plano and I think Stricker is in Coppell/Grapevine.

I like your philosophy on teams and it would be great to see that form work its way into our area.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 8/10/2011, 4:27 pm

WRG wrote:
Primokeeper wrote:
WRG wrote:
Primokeeper wrote:
burnthestar wrote:
futbolista wrote:
Number13 wrote:
futboler wrote:

TFC 02 Boys wrote:

I have a question WRG. Are you wanting to see them form a top team to have another competitive team at the top of the division or to have a team to beat DTS?

If the reason is just to beat DTS I think that's silly. If so why the animosity? Just curious.

futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 8/10/2011, 4:36 pm

futbolista wrote:
WRG wrote:
Primokeeper wrote:
WRG wrote:
Primokeeper wrote:
burnthestar wrote:
futbolista wrote:
Number13 wrote:
futboler wrote:

TFC 02 Boys wrote:

I have a question WRG. Are you wanting to see them form a top team to have another competitive team at the top of the division or to have a team to beat DTS?

If the reason is just to beat DTS I think that's silly. If so why the animosity? Just curious.

No animosity at all. It would be fun to see them form a premiere level team to compete with DTS. The reason for singling DTS out is that they are the undisputed best team in this age group that the top teams measure themselves by at this stage. Nothing against DTS, they have shown to be the best and earned that distinction.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by switchit 8/11/2011, 7:10 am

debit wrote:
Soccerdad79 wrote:

I agree, this is how it "should" be. However, that is not the system that is in place. Coaches are independent contractors and are responsible to build their own team, with little to no help from the club. If a coach doesn't protect his team and his players, he will find himself without a job. It is a sad commentary, but that is just how it is. You will find that most if not all coaches will do everything possible to NOT let their better kids join another team within the club, even if it is the best thing for that kid.

switchit
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 8/11/2011, 9:19 am

switchit wrote:
debit wrote:
Soccerdad79 wrote:

I agree, this is how it "should" be. However, that is not the system that is in place. Coaches are independent contractors and are responsible to build their own team, with little to no help from the club. If a coach doesn't protect his team and his players, he will find himself without a job. It is a sad commentary, but that is just how it is. You will find that most if not all coaches will do everything possible to NOT let their better kids join another team within the club, even if it is the best thing for that kid.

So check out these blog posts from a club coach in Atlanta.

http://acoachinglife.wordpress.com/2011/03/29/surrounded-by-little-people/

An excerpt:

...I needed a team. And lo and behold, my club had a U10 third team that needed a coach. So I’ve gone from coaching some pretty good high-school aged kids to coaching a group of boys who… how do I put this… have not played a lot of soccer...

...So I’ve been working from scratch with these boys. I’ve got two pretty good players who have no business being rostered on this team. Unfortunately, they are new players for spring and the club placed them where they had space rather than where they should be ability wise. Come next fall, these two will move onto the rosters of higher teams.

So I’ve conspired with the coach of the second team to get my best player into his practices where he can be pushed a little harder and play amongst kids a little closer to his ability. He even played a game this weekend with the first team and while he didn’t shine, he also didn’t embarrass himself. He’ll be borderline between the first and second teams in the fall. He’s going to be fine. ...

http://acoachinglife.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/new-season-new-club/

An excerpt:

I finished out the spring season at my old club with a great group of U10s. I was happy to see 5 of my boys move onto higher level teams at try-outs before the summer. That includes one boy who ended up on the club’s first team. He’s psyched. And I’m psyched for him...

Makes me want to move to Atlanta...or, find a club in North Texas that operates like this. Maybe I should start a club that operates like this. Not sure I have the drive and motivation to get something like that going. It's certainly a lot easier just to complain on a message board Twisted Evil

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 8/11/2011, 4:35 pm

WRG wrote:
futbolista wrote:
WRG wrote:
Primokeeper wrote:
WRG wrote:
Primokeeper wrote:
burnthestar wrote:
futbolista wrote:
Number13 wrote:
futboler wrote:

TFC 02 Boys wrote:

No animosity at all. It would be fun to see them form a premiere level team to compete with DTS. The reason for singling DTS out is that they are the undisputed best team in this age group that the top teams measure themselves by at this stage. Nothing against DTS, they have shown to be the best and earned that distinction.

Well said WRG. That would be fun to see. But I can understand Futbalista's concern about folks talking about DT South in a negative way. But these suggestions to form a Premier Team just to BEAT DT South, wow. Really? What about getting better as your own individual team?

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 3 Empty AYSES tournament

Post by madisonmyers 8/12/2011, 11:23 am

* AYSES tournament referred to by TFC 02 Boys: Parent coached the team for the tournament, partial Gold team roster. TFC Larry has very much improved and I don't want to take that away from them. I know parent/player on the team and was impressed with their progress. However, AYSES did take the tournament championship in a stunning comeback over TFC. To the original TFC 02 Boys poster, I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve with all of your rhetoric but I don't think your are doing any favors for your club or team(s) based on your recent posts across the age groups.

That explains a lot about what happened at the AYSES tournament. They were not the same team I had seen play two summers ago. Glad to hear that they might be back on track with a new coach and had TFC not started celebrating too early and suffered from an own goal and then a great cross for a back door goal from the AYSES team to tie the game. Went to PK's and TFC unfortunately lost the game. But, you have to admit, TFC 02 Boys beat AYSES 01 team, 02 team(admittedly lost in the second game in the finals) and beat the 03 AYSES team as well. It was a fun tournament and I was excited to see the development in our boys.

About the TFC coach, he is a very respectful guy. I don't believe he would post the stuff I have read on here. That's not the man we parents know.
madisonmyers
madisonmyers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 3 Empty TOP TEN 02 BOYS TEAMS

Post by Soccer2011 8/13/2011, 9:00 pm

FYI - I heard that Liverpool Souter/Gerrard has lost their Goalie and a couple of other players, so I am not sure what their new team will look like it will be interesting to see.

Soccer2011
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasSoccer02 8/13/2011, 10:01 pm

I heard they had 2 great players that left earlier in the year.
What's left in the team should come to solar and rebuild.

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 8/14/2011, 10:07 am

Not sure why the hating on Liverpool Gerrard.

I think many teams have had player movement. Players come and players go. Everyone is looking for something different and this team isn't the place for everyone just like Solar, Dallas Texans, FCD isn't the place for everyone.

Liverpool Gerrard did lose some talented boys early in the year, but in my opinion, the boys have played better as a team since that happened and the results reflect that. They have won an indoor championship, a futsal championship and reached the final in the two tournaments they played in. They had a solid season last spring in SDL. Some games they could have played better and some games they played great. Sometimes they don't play well and still win. Sometimes they play great and still lose.

The boys continue to improve every day, and I look forward to the upcoming SDL season to see how they apply their training in game situations. I suspect they'll still be able to compete with the best in this age group--well mayby not DT South, after all they can walk on water Laughing

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasSoccer02 8/14/2011, 8:26 pm

All good points but I know they have been playing the lower bracket of SDL and Liver pool has given them the bracket advantage. I was told that Fagans team is the liver pool team to be on he does a great job recruiting and is always looking for players all over town. He will do anything to win. Have you consider his team?

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 3 Empty Re: Top Ten 02 Boys Teams

Post by Soccer2011 8/14/2011, 9:54 pm

I think that when you have any team that has that much turn over in one year there is a problem that needs to be addressed. When a team losses that many players with this skill level of talent continuously, then the academy should be looking at the coaching of the team.

Soccer2011
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 8/14/2011, 11:37 pm

TexasSoccer02 and Soccer2011,

This is my final post on your subject of choice. 9 out of 10 psychologists have recommended that I should stop reading NTX soccer message boards. Laughing It's obvious you have an axe to grind. If you left the team or were asked to leave the team, let it be. You don't have to drag everyone else through the mud because we're still enjoying playing for this coach and this club and with the teammates we have. I think you have a tendency to exaggerate the facts with statements like, "...when a team losses (sic) that many players with this skill level of talent continuously..."

This team has a good core of players that have played together for a couple of years now and we're looking forward to the upcoming season.

I appreciate the suggestions that I should consider playing for Solar and Liverpool Fagen. I think Solar has some great players as does Liverpool Fagen. I wish them well and look forward to our boys competing with them on the pitch. Their talented boys will push ours to get better every time we play.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I think clubs should combine players of like ability and not worry so much about who Fagen recruited or who Souter recruited. I think that's the best approach to develop players. We'll see what the future holds...

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next