Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Top Ten One Year Before Select

+45
turtle
BooNGotti
soccerturf
oldschoolsoccer
NTXD
P1er
SoccerGenius99
Soccerdude48
itaboutdevelopment?
Texassoccer04
davito
Durty-Tackle
creeper
Lmansoccer
switch
Soccer2011
madisonmyers
cowpukesfan
switchit
Soccerdad79
Primokeeper
albundy412
TexasSoccer02
txsoccerdad
Ochocinco
accidentalelbow
my2cents
burnthestar
pass2space
Offside
Number13
Sprint
pitchperfect
futboler
Sergi Rebrov
2sgrm
TFC 02 BOYS
tigre4now
What
futbolista
newparent
Rightback
wonderwoman39
debit
WRG
49 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 4 Empty Re: Top Ten One Year Before Select

Post by debit 8/14/2011, 11:37 pm

TexasSoccer02 and Soccer2011,

This is my final post on your subject of choice. 9 out of 10 psychologists have recommended that I should stop reading NTX soccer message boards. Laughing It's obvious you have an axe to grind. If you left the team or were asked to leave the team, let it be. You don't have to drag everyone else through the mud because we're still enjoying playing for this coach and this club and with the teammates we have. I think you have a tendency to exaggerate the facts with statements like, "...when a team losses (sic) that many players with this skill level of talent continuously..."

This team has a good core of players that have played together for a couple of years now and we're looking forward to the upcoming season.

I appreciate the suggestions that I should consider playing for Solar and Liverpool Fagen. I think Solar has some great players as does Liverpool Fagen. I wish them well and look forward to our boys competing with them on the pitch. Their talented boys will push ours to get better every time we play.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I think clubs should combine players of like ability and not worry so much about who Fagen recruited or who Souter recruited. I think that's the best approach to develop players. We'll see what the future holds...

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 4 Empty Re: Top Ten One Year Before Select

Post by switch 8/15/2011, 12:06 am

TexasSoccer02 wrote:All good points but I know they have been playing the lower bracket of SDL and Liver pool has given them the bracket advantage. I was told that Fagans team is the liver pool team to be on he does a great job recruiting and is always looking for players all over town. He will do anything to win. Have you consider his team?

Now that was downright funny! He told you that himself, right? After stalking you in the parking lot to give you his card. At least there was no claim of player development.

switch
switch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasSoccer02 8/15/2011, 12:17 am

I don't have an axe to grind, I think each club has it's pro n cons. I agree each child will get better based on their own hard work. I think half the kids being pushed will be doing something else in 3-4 years. I think the parents make it tough for the kids.
Everyone that has a child that can play soccer has been asked by Fagan to play for him, he tries to take the best and make teams that will win.
Solar has some excellent teams that will be able to best the dts.
As for your team it will be a great D3 maybe D2 team. In the end, it won't matter since the team won't stay together for select. I bet 3 more players are gone by spring.
Best of luck, you have a good player just not on right team.

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by burnthestar 8/15/2011, 12:17 pm

futbolista wrote:
debit wrote:I think Liverpool Gerrard belongs in this conversation. I would probably place them 8 or 9 in your list. Not sure how 11v11 will change everything. I think some teams will suffer because of it and others will thrive so it will certainly make the fall season fun.

Other changes... I would bump DT Scott down a couple spots. I think top 4 today are:

DTS
Solar Crushers White
Solar Dynamo
Liverpool Fagen

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of these teams in the bottom half like TX Suns, FC Dallas Nova Gomez, Barcelona and it's been a long time since I've seen Boca Juniors, AYSES, Aces and Mansfield Samba

I agree with Debit but would like to add FC Dallas Gonzales in the top 5. It will be interesting this season as now all teams will play 11 v 11. Will all teams have the strength and depth? There will be an adjustment period so strength of team will take time to recognize.

I do see a name on here not recognized. Who are TX Suns and where do they play? I look forward to the upcoming SDL season. Many player changes between teams so it should be interesting.

Are the TX Suns any good? I've heard that name before.
burnthestar
burnthestar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasSoccer02 8/15/2011, 12:25 pm

Another factor to consider is EAL kids will be playing 11 v 11 and both days. I think this will be interesting to see how they do.
Liverpool won't join EAL for political/ financial reasons.

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergi Rebrov 8/15/2011, 1:07 pm

Texas soccer 02 - you are saying Liverpool 02 gerrard has a big turn over of players. Your facts are very wrong. only 2 boys left before spring season at begingnig of year who were a not a great fit for the team, another player left after spring season because he was not quite up to the level of the team, Then 2 players were removed from the team beacuse of attitude problems. The team has had the same core group for years. They had a very succesful Spring season and none of there core group have decided to leave infact they seem very happy. Plus they have added a few other good payers. They went undefeated in Indoor at begining of year...and undefeated in Futsal in the summer. Think what you like about this team and the coach. The core group has stayed with this team for a long time (even through a coach change around a year ago) and there roster numbers keep going up to make them a solid squad of players. Soemthing needed in 11v11.

you can respond to this if you like but know that I will not respond to anymore crazy comments that you call facts. Just wanted to set the record staright about the "high turnover" which is no where near as high as alot of other teams.
Sergi Rebrov
Sergi Rebrov
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by albundy412 8/15/2011, 3:04 pm

Sergi Rebrov wrote:
Texas soccer 02 - you are saying Liverpool 02 gerrard has a big turn over of players. Your facts are very wrong. only 2 boys left before spring season at begingnig of year who were a not a great fit for the team, another player left after spring season because he was not quite up to the level of the team, Then 2 players were removed from the team beacuse of attitude problems. The team has had the same core group for years. They had a very succesful Spring season and none of there core group have decided to leave infact they seem very happy. Plus they have added a few other good payers. They went undefeated in Indoor at begining of year...and undefeated in Futsal in the summer. Think what you like about this team and the coach. The core group has stayed with this team for a long time (even through a coach change around a year ago) and there roster numbers keep going up to make them a solid squad of players. Soemthing needed in 11v11.

you can respond to this if you like but know that I will not respond to anymore crazy comments that you call facts. Just wanted to set the record staright about the "high turnover" which is no where near as high as alot of other teams.

I think one thing that most people can agree on is that there is a lot of recruiting going on out there to get their teams together for when we all go select. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I know we have been spoken to by a lot of clubs. I always wonder if it is that they want my son or if they don't want someone else to have him. Glad Liverpool has had success. Like to see good teams succeed. Especially with the coaching change.

albundy412
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2sgrm 8/15/2011, 5:19 pm

TexasSoccer02 wrote: Another factor to consider is EAL kids will be playing 11 v 11 and both days. I think this will be interesting to see how they do.

Below are the standings directly from the GLASA website for Spring 2011. You will see a Liverpool team undefeated at the top.

Elite Academy League Spring Season 2011
2/13/2011 - 5/1/2011

Boys U10 Gold

1: LIVERPOOL FC 01 (KEEGAN)
2: FC FORCE 01
3: FC DALLAS WEST 01 (KANG)
4: FC DALLAS 01 (KHASTEHDEL)
5: ACES 01 BLACK
6: DFW TORNADOS 01 (MEDINA)
7: ASG 01 GOLD NORTH
8: BOCA JUNIORS FC 01 WHITE
9: FC DENTON 01

2sgrm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasSoccer02 8/15/2011, 5:23 pm

I stand corrected, I look forward in seeing the other 02' Liverpool teams in EAL!

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by accidentalelbow 8/15/2011, 10:44 pm

TexasSoccer02 wrote:I don't have an axe to grind, I think each club has it's pro n cons. I agree each child will get better based on their own hard work. I think half the kids being pushed will be doing something else in 3-4 years. I think the parents make it tough for the kids.
Everyone that has a child that can play soccer has been asked by Fagan to play for him, he tries to take the best and make teams that will win.
Solar has some excellent teams that will be able to best the dts.
As for your team it will be a great D3 maybe D2 team. In the end, it won't matter since the team won't stay together for select. I bet 3 more players are gone by spring.
Best of luck, you have a good player just not on right team.

Since playing up is no longer an option, I understand DTS will be in the upcoming Labor Day Tournament, maybe you can encourage Solar (and a few of these other excellent teams) to sign up.
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lmansoccer 8/16/2011, 2:46 pm

switch wrote:
TexasSoccer02 wrote:All good points but I know they have been playing the lower bracket of SDL and Liver pool has given them the bracket advantage. I was told that Fagans team is the liver pool team to be on he does a great job recruiting and is always looking for players all over town. He will do anything to win. Have you consider his team?

Now that was downright funny! He told you that himself, right? After stalking you in the parking lot to give you his card. At least there was no claim of player development.

Not quite sure why people are getting their panties in a wad over LP Gerrard. Don't think they are in the top ten as of late. If LP was smart they would let Fagen pick up the only 2 talented D1 players they have left and MAYBE LP Fagen would be able to give DTS a good game because they do walk on water.

Lmansoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 8/16/2011, 3:21 pm

Lmansoccer wrote:
switch wrote:

Not quite sure why people are getting their panties in a wad over LP Gerrard. Don't think they are in the top ten as of late. If LP was smart they would let Fagen pick up the only 2 talented D1 players they have left and MAYBE LP Fagen would be able to give DTS a good game because they do walk on water.

DTS takes water walking courses on Friday's if any 02 boys are interested.. lol!
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 8/16/2011, 3:26 pm

Lmansoccer wrote:
switch wrote:

Why all the negativity over LP Gerrard? To say they only have two D1 players left is pretty harsh. I don't know the team from ADAM but you should give them a fair shot to play instead of calling out their whole team except two players. Just my opinion.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2sgrm 8/16/2011, 4:08 pm

[/quote]Not quite sure why people are getting their panties in a wad over LP Gerrard. Don't think they are in the top ten as of late. If LP was smart they would let Fagen pick up the only 2 talented D1 players they have left and MAYBE LP Fagen would be able to give DTS a good game because they do walk on water.[/quote]

Why all the negativity over LP Gerrard? To say they only have two D1 players left is pretty harsh. I don't know the team from ADAM but you should give them a fair shot to play instead of calling out their whole team except two players. Just my opinion. [/quote]

Thanks for the moral support WRG. Man it's brutal on here today!

For the two players who left the team (I assume this is you guys since your join date for the blog is this week), I am truly sorry that your experience on the team did not measure up to what you wanted it to. However, some of us are still happy on the team and with the coach, so please do not bash us or our boys for staying. I do not know what the season will bring but I do know that my BB loves playing soccer and gives it his all at each practice and game. He does so on Gerrard, your kids may thrive better elsewhere and that is OK.

2sgrm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 4 Empty All teams

Post by TexasSoccer02 8/16/2011, 7:20 pm

I have no clue what the names were of the two players that left. I just remember seeing those two and thinking they were very good. When I saw this team in sdl and saw them lose I did not see those kids.
Each team has core kids that make the team. For example dts has a core of kids that are amazing.
Other teams like solar also has that core players.
See you at the pitch or hopefully if you have a select team.
Good luck

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by switch 8/17/2011, 11:10 am

texasoccer02, lmansoccer, and soccer2011

ya'll need to lay off the G2 Haterade and do some self-reflecting. when scorned newcomers show up with an agenda it eventually becomes obvious. each additional assassination post targeted at LP Gerrard only supports the fact that the new coach must have done the right thing by taking care of some problem parents and players. the point of maximum pain must have been reached with those parents and players and at that point it doesn't matter how good a player might be (or think they are) when the overall team would be better off without them in the long run. the downside is their problems just became someone else's problems. what teams are ya'll with now?

it would also be totally irresponsible of LP to consider consolidating their best players with Fagen given his track record of changing clubs every 12 months or less since 2006 as well as a consistently high rate of player turnover. very risky proposition.
switch
switch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 8/17/2011, 11:32 am

switch wrote:texasoccer02, lmansoccer, and soccer2011

ya'll need to lay off the G2 Haterade and do some self-reflecting. when scorned newcomers show up with an agenda it eventually becomes obvious. each additional assassination post targeted at LP Gerrard only supports the fact that the new coach must have done the right thing by taking care of some problem parents and players. the point of maximum pain must have been reached with those parents and players and at that point it doesn't matter how good a player might be (or think they are) when the overall team would be better off without them in the long run. the downside is their problems just became someone else's problems. what teams are ya'll with now?

it would also be totally irresponsible of LP to consider consolidating their best players with Fagen given his track record of changing clubs every 12 months or less since 2006 as well as a consistently high rate of player turnover. very risky proposition.

Amen brother. Fagen will be here today but who knows about tomorrow.

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durty-Tackle 8/17/2011, 2:34 pm

TexasSoccer02 wrote: Another factor to consider is EAL kids will be playing 11 v 11 and both days. I think this will be interesting to see how they do.

Liverpool Keegan 01 played last season in EAL.
Durty-Tackle
Durty-Tackle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 9/6/2011, 3:25 pm

A little reworking based upon the Labor Day Results but I think the top ten shakes out like this as of September 6, 2011.

1. DTS-although they lost to FCD Premiere, one loss does not take away the domination of the last two years or so. Look for them to be a top team this year.

2. Solar Dynamo: Closing the gap to DTS and a great win in the Labor Day Tournament. Played a number of top teams and came out on top. Could be the top team by years end.

3. Solar Crushers Red: Got beat by Solar blue in the Quarters of Labor Day but overall, still a top three team. Had a good win over FCD Premiere 3-0 in pool play and looks solid.

4. FCD Premiere: Great win over DTS in quarters and probably one of the best coached teams that passes the ball very well. Could move up more as the season goes on.

5. Solar Blue: The Dynamo Franchise is strong and this team made it to the semi finals at Labor Day.

6. FCD Goncalves: Did not play Labor Day so no recent result but still have to be in the top ten.

7. Liverpool Fagen: Did not make it out of pool play in the Labor Day but played some strong games and had good season last year.

8. TX Suns: Strongest CAL team and played some tough games in the Labor Day. Expect more out of them over the year to come. (Heard they are doing a lot of recruiting)

9. TFC Larry: Would have been nice to see them in Labor Day but they played well in recent Primetime tournament. Look to be getting better.

10. DT Scott: Have not seen them play, but put them here on past SDL results.

Obviously these rankings are skewed based upon the recent Labor Day tourney. But, it appears these are the top teams and the gap is getting closer between all of them. Should be a fun season ahead.

Anyone else see anything different this weekend?

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 9/6/2011, 3:56 pm

Looks like a pretty decent assessment to me, though I don't know anything recent about FCD Goncalves or DT Scott.

TFC Larry won Arlington but none of the other top 10 mentioned were there...

Well done to Dynamo.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 9/6/2011, 5:46 pm

WRG wrote:A little reworking based upon the Labor Day Results but I think the top ten shakes out like this as of September 6, 2011.

1. DTS-although they lost to FCD Premiere, one loss does not take away the domination of the last two years or so. Look for them to be a top team this year.

2. Solar Dynamo: Closing the gap to DTS and a great win in the Labor Day Tournament. Played a number of top teams and came out on top. Could be the top team by years end.

3. Solar Crushers Red: Got beat by Solar blue in the Quarters of Labor Day but overall, still a top three team. Had a good win over FCD Premiere 3-0 in pool play and looks solid.

4. FCD Premiere: Great win over DTS in quarters and probably one of the best coached teams that passes the ball very well. Could move up more as the season goes on.

5. Solar Blue: The Dynamo Franchise is strong and this team made it to the semi finals at Labor Day.

6. FCD Goncalves: Did not play Labor Day so no recent result but still have to be in the top ten.

7. Liverpool Fagen: Did not make it out of pool play in the Labor Day but played some strong games and had good season last year.

8. TX Suns: Strongest CAL team and played some tough games in the Labor Day. Expect more out of them over the year to come. (Heard they are doing a lot of recruiting)

9. TFC Larry: Would have been nice to see them in Labor Day but they played well in recent Primetime tournament. Look to be getting better.

10. DT Scott: Have not seen them play, but put them here on past SDL results.

Obviously these rankings are skewed based upon the recent Labor Day tourney. But, it appears these are the top teams and the gap is getting closer between all of them. Should be a fun season ahead.

Anyone else see anything different this weekend?

I think we can say who are the top 3 teams are without a doubt.

DT South is still the top bar none. There isn't a team that can BEAT them in the 02 division. When I say BEAT them I mean show complete dominance over them.

Dynamo is still a tough team. They did win the tournament but still couldn't beat DT South.

Crushers while they lost over the weekend also show a dominance in this division that other teams don't have.

I would have loved to see Dynamo and Solar Blue play each other. The battle of the top Dynamo team but that didn't happen.

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 10/17/2011, 4:27 pm

Here is an update on top ten based upon six weeks of this season. This is based heavily on SDL teams but think it is pretty close for the sake of pontificating about 10 year old soccer:

1. DTS: Nothing new here, just win, win, win. (Closer games, but still dominant)

2. FCD Premiere: Move them up due to strong play and the way they play. Keep possession and move ball well. Played DTS pretty even recently in SDL.

3. Liverpool Gerrard: Undefeated in SDL as of last check has to count for something.

4. FCD Goncalves: A strong team getting better. Lost to Crusher over the weekend but still have them ranked higher.

5. Solar Crusher Red: Playing OK in SDL but losses to Solar Blue and FCD Premiere dropped them down. Also two lopsided losses to DTS in EAL.

6. Solar Dynamo:

7. Solar Blue: Beat Crushers in SDL and did well in Labor Day.

8. DT. Scott: Playing well in SDL and getting team set for select.

9. TFC Larry: No big wins yet, but playing top teams tough.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Top Ten One Year Before Select - Page 4 Empty agree with list overall

Post by Texassoccer04 10/17/2011, 4:42 pm

Agree with most of the list but Solar should be ranked higher. Liverpool should be ranked much lower. They have not played FC Dallas P, or some of the other great teams on the list. the other LP team is stronger than LP G team. What was the score against: Solar RED, or DTS ?

Texassoccer04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 10/17/2011, 4:46 pm

Yes, you are getting a bit carried away with regard to Liverpool Gerrard.

They have had great results and should be proud but they haven't played any of your top 6 in the SDL. I would caution that there is a big difference in playing the likes of Odysey and Sporting Utd every week instead of DTS and FCD Premier.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 10/17/2011, 4:50 pm

Texassoccer04 wrote:Agree with most of the list but Solar should be ranked higher. Liverpool should be ranked much lower. They have not played FC Dallas P, or some of the other great teams on the list. the other LP team is stronger than LP G team. What was the score against: Solar RED, or DTS ?

EAL had the DTS v. Crushers score as 4-0. Liverpool Gerrard is a good team and is in D1 SDL. They cannot control the schedule they get from SDL. How many undefeated teams are there left?

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 10/17/2011, 4:56 pm

Actually I understood from our coach that he was able to request to play the top teams week in week out.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next