Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

DC 2015 Accepted - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DC 2015 Accepted

+15
Enjoy life now!
omega striker
Depor
go99
twotone
plantit
letsgo
Speedy Gonzales
geauxred88
caatffm
The German
SnookumsConCarne
seriousfoulplay
CCM
kickingitlong
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DC 2015 Accepted - Page 2 Empty Re: DC 2015 Accepted

Post by Guest 2/19/2015, 2:13 pm

you would feel pretty stupid if the hosted kid molested your kid, just to save fc dallas a few bucks......

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 2/19/2015, 2:19 pm

If I were a parent from another country, I would be very worried about the presence of firearms in the hosting family's home.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by geauxred88 2/19/2015, 2:21 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:you would feel pretty stupid if the hosted kid molested your kid, just to save fc dallas a few bucks......

Good point.

geauxred88
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 2/19/2015, 2:24 pm

geauxred88 wrote:Don't forget you also have teams that didn't qualify get in because they belong to the club hosting the event.
Also, does anyone knows if it's true that if you decline to host as a team you are barred from being invited in the future regardless if you win/qualify?

It is clearly stated in tournament rules that home stay is a requirement if a dallas area team accepts an invite to play Smile
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/19/2015, 2:25 pm

Laroja_2012 wrote:If I were a parent from another country, I would be very worried about the presence of firearms in the hosting family's home.

why? do guns magically get up and shoot all by themselves?

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 2/19/2015, 2:46 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Laroja_2012 wrote:If I were a parent from another country, I would be very worried about the presence of firearms in the hosting family's home.

exactly.
My point is that the process used to "select" the hosting families is too naif. Would you let your child stay in the house of some of the parents you see screaming on the side-lines at Richland? Parents who are ready to assault other parents for a wrong ref call?
And what about the other side? What about the players who are visiting?
Sure, things have gone smoothly for many years, but there is always a first time for trouble ...

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/19/2015, 2:49 pm

Laroja_2012 wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:

exactly.
My point is that the process used to "select" the hosting families is too naif. Would you let your child stay in the house of some of the parents you see screaming on the side-lines at Richland? Parents who are ready to assault other parents for a wrong ref call?
And what about the other side? What about the players who are visiting?
Sure, things have gone smoothly for many years, but there is always a first time for trouble ...

just the human race my friend, i guess you could add drunk driving to that list, you never know

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 2/19/2015, 2:51 pm

geauxred88 wrote:
4. Maybe they ask me to pay more money if not hosting. $250, like previous teams have in past years? My son's team is eliminated in 3 games and he only makes it to 1-2 and has no guarantee on playing time because we are on the "list."

Is this a rule at your club? I did not hear this before.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by geauxred88 2/19/2015, 3:06 pm

"Past years" when DT hosted the DC.

geauxred88
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 2/19/2015, 3:43 pm

kickingitlong wrote:Is FCD getting invitations for providing volunteer hours like DT used to?  I noticed a few local FCD teams that didn't qualify in the participant list:

U16
DT South 99
FCD Premier 99
Liverpool FC 99 Hunt Question Question
Andromeda FC U15 PA
FC Dallas U15 PA

Really, a 5th place Classic League team?? And one that's not the host Club to boot. scratch
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 2/19/2015, 3:47 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:you would feel pretty stupid if the hosted kid molested your kid, just to save fc dallas a few bucks......
Because those foreign countries are just chocked full of 15 year old child molesters.  Solution is simple.  Don't host but don't complain when your slot is pulled by the Dallas Cup.  How many years has this thing been going and not even a whisper of such an allegation?  Grow up.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/19/2015, 4:41 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
Because those foreign countries are just chocked full of 15 year old child molesters.  Solution is simple.  Don't host but don't complain when your slot is pulled by the Dallas Cup.  How many years has this thing been going and not even a whisper of such an allegation?  Grow up.

lmao, a molester can come from any country. stop being naive

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 2/19/2015, 7:57 pm

If you do not want to host, then that's on you. Do not complain when your BB gets pulled out of the roster for DC or when your team loses their invitation to participate in Dallas Cup. Teams knew these rules. They received an "INVITATION". Your team accepted, so you have to deal with it!

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 2/19/2015, 8:23 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:

I'm not naive. I understand that molesters can come from anywhere but teams are asked to host boys usually their own age or at most 1 year older. I'm not aware of too many molesters molesting kids their own age. If you have younger kids in the house, let them stay with Nana for a week or don't host. This year the clubs are loaded with molesters. Last year (and the year before) DC sucked because it was in the crime ridden Cotton Bowl. You are paranoid. Just crawl back into your cocoon where no child molesting muggers will get you.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/19/2015, 9:39 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:

I'm not naive. I understand that molesters can come from anywhere but teams are asked to host boys usually their own age or at most 1 year older. I'm not aware of too many molesters molesting kids their own age. If you have younger kids in the house, let them stay with Nana for a week or don't host. This year the clubs are loaded with molesters. Last year (and the year before) DC sucked because it was in the crime ridden Cotton Bowl. You are paranoid. Just crawl back into your cocoon where no child molesting muggers will get you.

lol, the cotton bowl is  a crime ridden toilet, and if you think a 15 year old can't be a molester, you are a joke.You remind me of those people on TV, "he was such a nice boy, i can't believe he would do something like that"...

BTW , have teams stay in a hotel and stop putting the burden on strangers...

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 2/19/2015, 9:51 pm

geauxred88 wrote:So let me see if I am totally getting this "once in a lifetime opportunity."

1. My BB qualifies with his teammates by winning a tournament or places 1st or 2nd in CL.

2. In order to realize the "win," I have to house 2 strangers for 10 nights, including Easter.

3. My BB has Staar testing and cannot participate in soccer that Sunday evening, anytime on Monday and not until late on Tuesday.

4. Maybe they ask me to pay more money if not hosting. $250, like previous teams have in past years? My son's team is eliminated in 3 games and he only makes it to 1-2 and has no guarantee on playing time because we are on the "list."

5. Our team gets "invited" to play in the Dallas Cup! We pay $895 to register. We collectively spend ? to feed and transport 22 kids from another country. 22 kids * 2 meals is 44 meals per day * 10 days is 440 meals. Even at $5 per meal, that is $2200 just for meals. Plus the extra driving.

You forgot

6. Coach tries to get any player that has played for him on the roster so he has 22, can only dress 18
and your team gets blasted because they have no continuity.

7 Clubs use the DC to bait and attract new players, usually at the expense of the people currently footing the bill.

8. Your work schedule is thrown totally off . The worst is hosting a different age group than your kid plays in . You might as well take a week of your summer vacation, what's the dollar value of that?

9. WTF! When we go to Gothia Cup we pay for our kids own friggin rooms ,travel, meals and Gothia would $hit on DC as far as international teams .

10. Hosting ? If I want to meet a German I'll go to Germany, it would cost less.

plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by geauxred88 2/19/2015, 10:12 pm

letsgo wrote:If you do not want to host, then that's on you. Do not complain when your BB gets pulled out of the roster for DC or when your team loses their invitation to participate in Dallas Cup. Teams knew these rules. They received an "INVITATION". Your team accepted, so you have to deal with it!

"Teams knew the rules". Maybe, but not all parents did. Until 2 weeks ago.
They EARNED their "INVITATION".
Gothika Cup, are the U.S kids given free room and board?

geauxred88
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 2/19/2015, 10:43 pm

plantit wrote:

You forgot

6. Coach tries to get any player that has played for him on the roster so he has 22, can only dress 18
and your team gets blasted because they have no continuity.

7 Clubs use the  DC  to bait and attract new players, usually at the expense of the people currently footing the bill.

8. Your work schedule is thrown totally off . The worst is hosting a different age group than your kid plays in . You might as well take a week of your summer vacation, what's the dollar value of that?

9. WTF!  When we go to Gothia Cup we pay for our kids own friggin rooms ,travel, meals and Gothia would $hit on DC as far as international teams .  

10. Hosting ?  If I want to meet a German I'll go to Germany, it would cost less.

just call me. I'm up for a beer. Very Happy
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 2/19/2015, 10:46 pm

geauxred88 wrote:
letsgo wrote:If you do not want to host, then that's on you. Do not complain when your BB gets pulled out of the roster for DC or when your team loses their invitation to participate in Dallas Cup. Teams knew these rules. They received an "INVITATION". Your team accepted, so you have to deal with it!

Quit complaining, it is part of the Dallas Cup experience. If you do not want to be part of it, then tell your coach "NO". It is that easy...Let a guest player take your spot.

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 2/19/2015, 11:49 pm

Wonder where the family is that hosted David Beckham or Chicharito or Michael Owen or Rafa Marquez in past Dallas Cups? I bet they HATED their experience. Beckham still remembers the family he stayed with by name. Not sure if he keeps in touch with them but has said he values that experience in past interviews. Probably only cuz the older sister in the house was really cute. (or should I say younger sister with this group of negative Chester the Molester types in this group)?

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 2/19/2015, 11:52 pm

So Dallas Cup is it's own entity and it's FC Dallas' fault you have a potential child molester in your house? What about when Dallas Texans was the partner youth club the last few years? or Longhorns before that? I mean, Dallas Cup still had the home stay rule in those tournaments too. This isn't new.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by geauxred88 2/20/2015, 5:31 am

letsgo wrote:
geauxred88 wrote:

Quit complaining, it is part of the Dallas Cup experience. If you do not want to be part of it, then tell your coach "NO". It is that easy...Let a guest player take your spot.

Already did, big man.

geauxred88
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/20/2015, 7:47 am

well the moderator deleted my first post so lets give it one last shot. The DC rules are what they are and have been for a long time so parents knew this before or had their head stuck in the sand. Hosting was a hassle but my kids enjoyed the experience. But really, you drop them off in the morning and pick them up from the hotel that evening (if you are lucky they are dropped off at your game) I didn't see how it could cost you a weeks worth work. I have argued before about the city of dallas working a deal to host all of the kids in a local hotel off the DART line. I do get the whole experience thing and heard from a kid from liverpool that the DC and hosting experience was amazing so hey it's not as big of a hastle as driving accross the metroplex to get my kid to practices or paying $3k for make believe coaching. As far as molesting goes thats a little silly unless you are just a bad parent. I was always around so not sure when the molesting could have happened. And one of my favs the STAAR test. IF anyones kids need time off to rest or study for that test then education is not their thing so work hard on your sport. That test is easy, it was made to be easy, and it's basically pass/fail (people act like its the SAT). Oh and if your coach is bringing in guest players and usuing it for recruiting then you knew your coach was a Dbag before the dallas cup. It's not the DC's fault it's yours. You chose to pay a coach who would have your kid earn something only to F him in the end by not letting him play. Had parents suggest using guest players to a coach who responded "I would rather lose with the kids that got me here" So instead of crybabbies every year complaining about rediculous things (that have happened every year) they should just have the stones to tell their kid you can't play DC because it's too inconveinient for me. So kudos to Gred88, the rest of you should join him. Other kids and teams are waiting for your spot.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/20/2015, 7:55 am

"As far as molesting goes thats a little silly unless you are just a bad parent. I was always around so not sure when the molesting could have happened"

sorry not true. blame the perp not the family or victim. this is just another instance of gullible parents being played by a cynical NTX soccer system. pay a bunch of money, you still may not even play on the field or even dress out, work for free at our tournament, host and assume more expense and rearrange your life for free to keep our costs down blah blah blah for a soccer tournament...and of course all of the above is "mandatory" even after you PAID to be in the tournament...and btw the next david beckham is NOT coming to your house.lol

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/20/2015, 8:13 am

It is true. I guess if you leave the kids alone in your house with your kids but thats not a choice I made or will make.

And again if your kid does not dress or play then blame your coach or your kid or both not the DC. Either your kid isn't good enough and needs to work harder or your coach is a Dbag. And if he is then YOU are the Dbag who put your kid in that situation. Coaches don't become $#itty for the DC they are that way long before and the parents still pay them. BTW it's not to save money. Again I have argued before for sponsored rooms which is doable but was told it's part of the "experience" and based on the feedback from the kids it's true (i would still get sponsored rooms. Every team in the same hotel would be a great experience)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/20/2015, 8:20 am

In a way you are right, it is the parents fault if they let someone in in their house that they know nothing about such as hosting a person that is a total stranger. Next I find it funny how you excuse every little crappy thing that the system does and your snswer is that it's the parents fault. Maybe you just lie down for every cynical crap that's thrown your way, I and most others don't ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next