Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Boys ECNL Next?  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Boys ECNL Next?

+5
Ehlodog
AskMeAboutSoccer
omega striker
PremierLeagueFan
Sprint
9 posters

Go down

Boys ECNL Next?  Empty Boys ECNL Next?

Post by Sprint 4/5/2016, 4:19 pm

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs/youth-boys/exclusive-ecnl-planning-to-expand-to-boys-youth-soccer-likely-by-fall-2017/

Not sure if this will happen, but some talk about ECNL starting a boys league. So this would compete with DA and Classic League. Talk about watering down the leagues. So kids that want to play something "more elite" than Classic league but not as "elite" as DA could play ECNL and the benefit would be they could still play school sports as the girls currently do.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Boys ECNL Next?  Empty Re: Boys ECNL Next?

Post by PremierLeagueFan 4/5/2016, 5:32 pm

We have classic and then if you want more "Elite" you have NPL (US Club) and SRPL (USYS) and Development Academy (USSF).

ECNL was created to give girls an "Elite" league since there are no options from the ones listed above.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/5/2016, 5:42 pm

I think CL will be a thing of the past just like ODP
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 4/6/2016, 9:12 am

I sure hope not because that is the top league that offers our selct players a competitive environment and a hierarchy for team promotion that has worked well.

Classic league can only be replaced by another version of the same thing so if we need reforms then so be it, but the structure is good and we need to maintain it regardless of the label.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AskMeAboutSoccer 4/6/2016, 1:15 pm

There is a league in the works that will compete with classic coming this fall. Omega is right, CL will be a thing of the past and ODP is for anyone that can write a check.

AskMeAboutSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 4/6/2016, 2:45 pm

Nothing is going to compete with classic league this fall that is just wishful thinking. With the changes in age pure and the qualifying tournaments no club is going to shift focus and try out a new league that has no history in NTX.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehlodog 4/6/2016, 3:15 pm

My guess is
DA = top team in top tier clubs
ECNL = 2nd team in top tier club and top teams from top of middle tier clubs (the ones allowed in)
CL = The rest

Ehlodog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 4/6/2016, 4:10 pm

ECNL = Girls and can replace LHGCL.

NPL = Boys and replaces CL already
SRPL = Boys and replaces CL already
DA = Boys and replaces CL already
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 4/6/2016, 4:51 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:ECNL = Girls and can replace LHGCL.

NPL = Boys and replaces CL already
SRPL = Boys and replaces CL already
DA = Boys and replaces CL already

NPL = Girls play in this league including City and Liverpool teams.
SRPL = Girls teams play in this league.
DA = Girls begin in Fall 2017.

The distinction should be that NPL and SRPL doesn't replace Classic League or LHGCL--it supplements those leagues. DA replaces Classic. It seems that ECNL provides plenty of dual rostering between it and LHGCL, but DA will prevent that in 2017.

This ECNL v DA battle may grow to be very interesting.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 4/6/2016, 5:29 pm

DA and ECNL will not be a battle because ECNL doesn't matter to boys. SRPL and NPL matter to boys and nobody is going to switch to a league designed for girls, just like the well known fact that boys don't like to play against girls.

If your concern is that girls need more leagues and opportunities, then I am in full agreement. If you believe that boys need a new "Elite" league I would say that boys are well represented with the leagues that were already mentioned.

If you are unhappy with CL then also realize that there are many who share your sentiments, but don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet and perhaps even more so in the coming season with the whole age pure changes coming into effect.

As far as using the other leagues to supplement CL I am in total agreement. I would also favor a champions league so each of these supplemental development leagues could challenge each other in a national tournament.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 4/7/2016, 10:16 am

PremierLeagueFan wrote:DA and ECNL will not be a battle because ECNL doesn't matter to boys. SRPL and NPL matter to boys and nobody is going to switch to a league designed for girls, just like the well known fact that boys don't like to play against girls.

So you think that ECNL will have boys playing against girls?

If your concern is that girls need more leagues and opportunities, then I am in full agreement. If you believe that boys need a new "Elite" league I would say that boys are well represented with the leagues that were already mentioned.

Girls have plenty of opportunities as is.  One can survey the college options for girls v. boys in playing soccer at a Texas university.  

If you are unhappy with CL then also realize that there are many who share your sentiments, but don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet and perhaps even more so in the coming season with the whole age pure changes coming into effect.

My kid is entrenched in his league with only a few years left, so I will soon have little interest in the goings on here.

As far as using the other leagues to supplement CL I am in total agreement. I would also favor a champions league so each of these supplemental development leagues could challenge each other in a national tournament.

Doesn't NPL and NL already do this?  FCD U15s won the NPL and SKC won the NL last year.

It is a battle, albeit it is a weak one as DA has the USSF in its corner.  ECNL will want to market itself as DA Lite.  More development and fewer games than a team in Classic/NPL/SRPL plays, but will take off 3 months of the year so the kids can play high school.  

I think that players will want to play in the leagues where they have the best chance to be scouted for the National team and by colleges.  At this time, that appears to be DA for the boys and ECNL for the girls.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 4/7/2016, 10:51 am

earbucket wrote:
PremierLeagueFan wrote:DA and ECNL will not be a battle because ECNL doesn't matter to boys. SRPL and NPL matter to boys and nobody is going to switch to a league designed for girls, just like the well known fact that boys don't like to play against girls.

So you think that ECNL will have boys playing against girls?

I hope that's a rhetorical question.

Girls have plenty of opportunities as is.  One can survey the college options for girls v. boys in playing soccer at a Texas university.  

Not so sure about that since I have a girl playing in LHGCL and the only "Elite" opportunities are ECNL and it's still very political and expensive.

My kid is entrenched in his league with only a few years left, so I will soon have little interest in the goings on here.

Just saying that we need to change CCSAI because a major shakeup in the soccer hierarchy is less realistic even if it is a better option.

Doesn't NPL and NL already do this?  FCD U15s won the NPL and SKC won the NL last year.

Who is the national champion of all leagues in each age division. Which league is producing the most competitive teams? An interleague Championship could answer these questions and draw more scouts to the event

It is a battle, albeit it is a weak one as DA has the USSF in its corner.  ECNL will want to market itself as DA Lite.  More development and fewer games than a team in Classic/NPL/SRPL plays, but will take off 3 months of the year so the kids can play high school.

High School Soccer is not going to get you to college, but it is a fun way to support your school assuming that the student attendance supports it. High School soccer lives in the shadow of Tackle Football so it is always feels like an afterthought when we attend our local high school soccer games. My other frustration with HS soccer is that unless you are a 5A or 6A school Soccer doesn't get many resources and a few of my 5A friends say even they dont get enough resources.

I think that players will want to play in the leagues where they have the best chance to be scouted for the National team and by colleges.  At this time, that appears to be DA for the boys and ECNL for the girls.

I think consolidation is inevitably the best way to get college coaches to watch the games so I agree that supplemental leagues like SRPL and NPL are a good double track since you can still play in CL whereas DA limits your games and venues by design.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 5/26/2016, 1:06 pm

Just got this email on the new ENPL.

US Club Soccer and the Elite Clubs National League are collaborating to create a new national competition and development platform for U-14 through U-18/19 boys beginning in August 2017. The Elite National Premier League (ENPL) will provide local and national regular-season competition, national showcase events, and postseason playoff competition for top boys teams across the country.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/home/916757.html

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 5/26/2016, 2:03 pm

Boys ECNL Next?  Moneygrabber300px
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 5/26/2016, 4:22 pm

allen04 wrote:Boys ECNL Next?  Moneygrabber300px

LOL!
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 5/26/2016, 5:50 pm

US Youth Soccer National League is expanding to 32 teams in 2016-17, US Youth Soccer Regional Premier League will also include more teams. I don't see the market for more leagues. Moreover teams that are qualified are not partecipating to the super-leagues, because of the high costs involved in traveling. Last year several teams that were qualified did not accept to play in SRPL, and NTX ended up having 2 or 3 teams per age group instead of the possible 4. And honestly, the league involved a lot of traveling: four out of town week-ends including one in Baton Rouge! Parents can't keep up with the expenses, and some kids have to leave their teams. These additional National leagues are just more pay to play for those who can afford it!

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down