Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

97 New Classic League Teams (where r they from) Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

97 New Classic League Teams (where r they from)

+7
forefathers
shinguard
mrclean
txsnowman
homer999
OnTheSurface
totallysoccer
11 posters

Go down

97 New Classic League Teams (where r they from) Empty 97 New Classic League Teams (where r they from)

Post by totallysoccer 7/14/2010, 10:44 am

Does anyone know if there are any new Classic League (97 Boys) teams this coming year and if so, where are they based out of.

totallysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

97 New Classic League Teams (where r they from) Empty Re: 97 New Classic League Teams (where r they from)

Post by OnTheSurface 7/14/2010, 11:18 am

What's your definition of "new"? I would say that nearly all of the existing teams have turned over at least 50% of the kids. There are some teams from PPL that got moved up to CL by virtue of the club possessing a bye. There are teams from PPL and APL that are now in CL due to success at the challenge games. Those teams are new to CL, but are not new teams.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

97 New Classic League Teams (where r they from) Empty Re: 97 New Classic League Teams (where r they from)

Post by homer999 7/14/2010, 9:03 pm

totallysoccer wrote:Does anyone know if there are any new Classic League (97 Boys) teams this coming year and if so, where are they based out of.
Where have you been for the last 2 months? There are at least 5 that have been discussed at length on this forum.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txsnowman 7/20/2010, 2:33 pm

If I'm not mistaken the creator of this thread joined about two weeks ago, thus accounting for his absence for the last two months...
txsnowman
txsnowman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 7/20/2010, 6:50 pm

He can post 8 times in 13 days, ignores my rhetorical post for 6 days, but lucky for him, he has you with nothing better to do than answer questions for him.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txsnowman 7/20/2010, 8:55 pm

Ouch, didn't mean to strike a nerve there. Just made an observation.
txsnowman
txsnowman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 7/21/2010, 12:30 am

"On the Surface" answered the question. As far as where each team is based, you would need to go to each team's web page and see if they say where they practice.
The link below tells you who is in each division.
http://www.ccsai.org/cl_announcements.php#CLASSICTEAMS
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by shinguard 7/23/2010, 8:38 am

Thanks for the link Clean.

This list does not look like how I thought things would end up.
I expected to see TXNWW in D2 due to playing a game of 3-team-monty and the new Texans team (old ppl FWU Blue) in D3.

So where did that new Texans team end up and why was the decision made to keep the Texans WW in D3.

Just curious,

shinguard
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by forefathers 7/23/2010, 9:42 am

The classic league web site has the teams listed as they fell after Memorial Day. The June round of musical chair winners has not been added/updated for any age group.
forefathers
forefathers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 7/23/2010, 3:47 pm

Collective knowledge so far -
The "1st" 97 Texans team, comprising players from the former DTR and the former DTRS, will take the former DTRS's spot in D1, and is calling itself Dallas Texans Red.
The "2nd" team comprising kids from DTR, DTRW and whoever else, will take DTR's spot in D1 and will be called DTRW.
DTWW will take DTRW's spot in D2 and is still going by DTWW, I assume.
The new DTRS, which is the old FWU as we are told, will take DTWW's spot in D3.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 7/23/2010, 3:57 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:What's your definition of "new"? I would say that nearly all of the existing teams have turned over at least 50% of the kids. There are some teams from PPL that got moved up to CL by virtue of the club possessing a bye. There are teams from PPL and APL that are now in CL due to success at the challenge games. Those teams are new to CL, but are not new teams.

This one had me curious - I wasn't aware of any team that turned over 50% of the kids (except for Solar White, which, apparently folded). Was there that much turnover? Or, was that specifically regarding PPL teams?
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 7/23/2010, 7:42 pm

clueless wrote:
OnTheSurface wrote:What's your definition of "new"? I would say that nearly all of the existing teams have turned over at least 50% of the kids. There are some teams from PPL that got moved up to CL by virtue of the club possessing a bye. There are teams from PPL and APL that are now in CL due to success at the challenge games. Those teams are new to CL, but are not new teams.

This one had me curious - I wasn't aware of any team that turned over 50% of the kids (except for Solar White, which, apparently folded). Was there that much turnover? Or, was that specifically regarding PPL teams?

FC Gold returned 5 from last year. Is that more than 50%??
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 7/24/2010, 12:23 am

clueless wrote:
I guess I was really thinking of the D1 teams. All of the Texans D1 teams merged/combined. The top two FCD teams moved around a lot. FCDG and the FCD D2/D3 teams changed a lot due to the East rearragement as plantit said. I hear Solar Red picked up several new kids from Solar White and elsewhere. I guess Andro Red and Solar/Andro White stayed mostly intact. FWFC is an unknown.

Yes, the 97 Solar White folded.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 7/24/2010, 2:44 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:
clueless wrote:
I guess I was really thinking of the D1 teams. All of the Texans D1 teams merged/combined. The top two FCD teams moved around a lot. FCDG and the FCD D2/D3 teams changed a lot due to the East rearragement as plantit said. I hear Solar Red picked up several new kids from Solar White and elsewhere. I guess Andro Red and Solar/Andro White stayed mostly intact. FWFC is an unknown.

Yes, the 97 Solar White folded.

Interesting how much intra-club movement taking place. It's probably not a bad thing since before signing is the most advantageous time to shuffle things around. Although clubs are allowed to move kids between seasons I've not seen much of this actually going on in the past.

In regards to the question of new teams, my 97 has joined what would be considered a new team in the D3 division. I'm new to 97 group in terms of classic league so all I can tell you is there was a D3 bye involved, enough kids looking, and wham-o a new team.

Last I checked the team was called Andro 97 Navy.
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 7/24/2010, 9:13 pm

plantit wrote:
clueless wrote:

FC Gold returned 5 from last year. Is that more than 50%??

Funny you mention that one - we discussed it at practice today - given we have 2 former players and knew of a handful more that left. Also have a former Solar White and a former FWFC player.

Very strange how much movement at that time/age - usually see kids just quit at U14, but the moving between teams was pretty strange. Wonder if that's going to be par for the course from now on...?
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ManSC97B 7/26/2010, 4:38 pm

Last I checked the team was called Andro 97 Navy.[/quote]

Andro 97 Navy was Manchester SC 97 until Spring season. I'm pretty positive there are none left from Manchester.

ManSC97B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down