Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

PPL QT Results & Game Reviews - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

PPL QT Results & Game Reviews

+6
thebrit
Bagman00
NTX Parent
3dogmary
Striker_97
hoff1032
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PPL QT Results & Game Reviews - Page 2 Empty Re: PPL QT Results & Game Reviews

Post by hoff1032 8/22/2010, 4:49 pm

thebrit wrote:Texas Xtreme 3 CDI 2

Anyone know the result of the Nationals vs Tlapehuala game?

Unconfirmed, but I believe it ended in a 1-1 tie.

hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 8/22/2010, 4:56 pm

playhard wrote:
3dogmary wrote:Milan FC lost to Aces 4-0. I would like to personally thank the Aces coach and his team for sending my son to the hospital. My son was elbowed in the neck, went flying into the air and landed on his back. He went by ambulance, had a CAT scan. Thank God he is OK. Note the score was 1-0 Aces in the first half. Milan had 2 injuries in the game and had only 1 sub. The incident happened after my son cleared the ball.

I would also like to thank the ref for taking control of the game. His inaction resulted in pushing, elbowing,shoving players out of bounds and of course the usual name calling and insults.

It it truly a shame when the coach is heard encouraging his players to make sure they hit hard.

Sad but true, coaches that don't know how to teach good soccer have to rely on teaching their players to take everyone out. I hope your bb is okay!!
One of the Fusion 96 White boys wasn't that lucky. He broke his collar bone and is out for 8 weeks.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagman00 8/22/2010, 5:21 pm

FCD White: 1
WF Xpress: 1

Bagman00
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 8/22/2010, 5:45 pm

Plano United 1 - Texas Blitz 1

It appears both of these teams will advance to Plano I with 16 and 13 points, respectively.
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 8/22/2010, 5:47 pm

Bagman00 wrote:
FCD White: 1
WF Xpress: 1

Both of these teams will advance to Plano I with 23 and 21 points respectively. Very nice weekend for both teams.
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 3dogmary 8/22/2010, 6:42 pm

hoff1032 wrote:
3dogmary wrote:Milan FC lost to Aces 4-0. I would like to personally thank the Aces coach and his team for sending my son to the hospital. My son was elbowed in the neck, went flying into the air and landed on his back. He went by ambulance, had a CAT scan. Thank God he is OK. Note the score was 1-0 Aces in the first half. Milan had 2 injuries in the game and had only 1 sub. The incident happened after my son cleared the ball.

I would also like to thank the ref for taking control of the game. His inaction resulted in pushing, elbowing,shoving players out of bounds and of course the usual name calling and insults.

It it truly a shame when the coach is heard encouraging his players to make sure they hit hard.

Mary,

On behalf of the Aces parents and team I would like to express our relief that your son is OK. We were all very concerned when we realized he was injured, and we're glad that everything checked out OK at the hospital. Sevral of us made sure to ask about your son after the game ended. I did not see the play that your son was injured on, so I will not comment on whether there was any intent to injure on the play. I sincerely hope it was accidental, as our team does not want to have the image of a "dirty" team. We have played against too many of those kinds of teams ourselves, and it is never fun to be on the other side of that kind of game.

I will say, having observed Select soccer for many years now, that today's game was not overly aggressive in my opinion. Both teams were very physical, which is the way this game is played on the Select level. This is quite a bit different than Rec soccer, so I can certainly understand how the game may have looked too aggressive. Also, as the boys get older and the hormones start flowing, the game gets rougher and rougher. This is inevitable.

I imagine you left the game to be with your son, and after you left I felt the referee did take control of the game. There were a number fouls that were called against Aces in the last half of the game. I do not feel that the game got out of hand at all, which does happen sometimes after there has been an injury. In that respect, I thought the referee did a commendable job. In our first game of the weekend we had two boys who were either punched or elbowed in the face and mouth and ended up bleeding on the sideline. This is just a more physical expreience than what you are accustomed to. Not that I like it any more than you do, but these things do happen.

In closing, we are very happy that your son is OK, and we wish you and your team the best of luck in the coming season.

Thank you for your concern, however, the boys and parents on our side were very upset with the conduct of your team. And just so you know, there are 5 rec player on that team, the rest came from other select clubs. I won't commenton the conversations that occurred between your coach and ours, but there are consequences to actions. Our boys did not enjoy being called "Faggot" etc.
My son has played in plano going from an academy team. He knows what to expect. An elbow to the neck, and watching his neck snap back, was not a pretty sight.
As to commendable job, the young man should have been ejected from the game, then the rough play would have stopped. The boy who hurt my son didn't even had the courtesy to say sorry.

I wish you the best of luck too. I know that now you are in the upper level of Plano, those teams can dish it out too.

3dogmary
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 3dogmary 8/22/2010, 6:48 pm

The German wrote:
playhard wrote:

Thanks for your kind words. He is ok, but very sore.We have a wonderful team and I know that as we play together more, we will improve considerably. I was very proud that they held Aces to 1 goal in the first half.

Sad but true, coaches that don't know how to teach good soccer have to rely on teaching their players to take everyone out. I hope your bb is okay!!
One of the Fusion 96 White boys wasn't that lucky. He broke his collar bone and is out for 8 weeks.

3dogmary
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 8/22/2010, 8:10 pm

3dogmary wrote:
hoff1032 wrote:

Mary,

On behalf of the Aces parents and team I would like to express our relief that your son is OK. We were all very concerned when we realized he was injured, and we're glad that everything checked out OK at the hospital. Sevral of us made sure to ask about your son after the game ended. I did not see the play that your son was injured on, so I will not comment on whether there was any intent to injure on the play. I sincerely hope it was accidental, as our team does not want to have the image of a "dirty" team. We have played against too many of those kinds of teams ourselves, and it is never fun to be on the other side of that kind of game.

I will say, having observed Select soccer for many years now, that today's game was not overly aggressive in my opinion. Both teams were very physical, which is the way this game is played on the Select level. This is quite a bit different than Rec soccer, so I can certainly understand how the game may have looked too aggressive. Also, as the boys get older and the hormones start flowing, the game gets rougher and rougher. This is inevitable.

I imagine you left the game to be with your son, and after you left I felt the referee did take control of the game. There were a number fouls that were called against Aces in the last half of the game. I do not feel that the game got out of hand at all, which does happen sometimes after there has been an injury. In that respect, I thought the referee did a commendable job. In our first game of the weekend we had two boys who were either punched or elbowed in the face and mouth and ended up bleeding on the sideline. This is just a more physical expreience than what you are accustomed to. Not that I like it any more than you do, but these things do happen.

In closing, we are very happy that your son is OK, and we wish you and your team the best of luck in the coming season.

Thank you for your concern, however, the boys and parents on our side were very upset with the conduct of your team. And just so you know, there are 5 rec player on that team, the rest came from other select clubs. I won't commenton the conversations that occurred between your coach and ours, but there are consequences to actions. Our boys did not enjoy being called "Faggot" etc.
My son has played in plano going from an academy team. He knows what to expect. An elbow to the neck, and watching his neck snap back, was not a pretty sight.
As to commendable job, the young man should have been ejected from the game, then the rough play would have stopped. The boy who hurt my son didn't even had the courtesy to say sorry.

I wish you the best of luck too. I know that now you are in the upper level of Plano, those teams can dish it out too.

Regarding the use of offensive language, it should not be tolerated from anyone, but in my experience things like that usually go both ways. We have no way to know who initiated the verbal confrontations, so there is really no need to continue to point fingers. My main concern was to determine the well-being of your son. With that knowledge secured, my work here is done.
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 3dogmary 8/22/2010, 8:14 pm

hoff1032 wrote:
3dogmary wrote:
hoff1032 wrote:

Mary,

Regarding the use of offensive language, it should not be tolerated from anyone, but in my experience things like that usually go both ways. We have no way to know who initiated the verbal confrontations, so there is really no need to continue to point fingers. My main concern was to determine the well-being of your son. With that knowledge secured, my work here is done.

Great, mine has just begun. Have a great evening.

3dogmary
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 8/22/2010, 8:19 pm

After all the results were posted, the teams advancing to Plano I to join TFC White and TFC Blue are:

Aces (28 points)
FCD White (23)
WF Xpress (21)
Nationals FC (18)
Texas Xtreme (18)
Plano United (16)
Texas Blitz (14)
Tiapehuala (13)

Plano II will consist of:

Valencia
CDI
Milan FC
Longhorns
Nationals
HPSA Scots
Manchester United

Have a great season!
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 8/22/2010, 9:29 pm

Based on their tournament last weekend and the strength of the rest of the division, I think TFC Blue will win PPL.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 8/22/2010, 10:01 pm

homer999 wrote:Based on their tournament last weekend and the strength of the rest of the division, I think TFC Blue will win PPL.

And second place goes to...?
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTX Parent 8/23/2010, 12:08 pm

I agree with first place guess. I think 2nd place can go to a number of teams looking at the remaining group. Good luck to all this season!
NTX Parent
NTX Parent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by prohibit 8/23/2010, 6:12 pm

NTX Parent wrote:I agree with first place guess. I think 2nd place can go to a number of teams looking at the remaining group. Good luck to all this season!

I think this Division will be pleasantly surprised. It will be very intersting to see what happens with the TFC groups. Do not count the WF Express and ACES groups out from taking 1st or 2nd. The WF Express have a little bit more youth on their side, but they knock the ball and your players around with the best of them.
prohibit
prohibit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2