Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U11 Classic D1 - Page 12 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11 Classic D1

+48
txsoccerdad10
DallasRebels05B
lobosfc17
TikiTaka10
Solar 07B
Dallassoccerdad
Whatdoiknow1
07 boys soccer
ABCDE FC
OP05
Entering the Fray
TXSoccerBall
rgr07dad
Sal-Ker
DaddyRebel
SEC8
moonequiped
ShastaTx
thebirdstheword
Solar5555
DragonStryker
DblDown
TayJ6
just-a-dad
cruiser
baller07
FCD07 Mom
longview
Nomansoccerdad
Bears
bueler13
robertogag
itscalledfootball
No_Surprise_Here
Soccer_Dad_NTX
CSTinDFW
good4nuthin
finish1
soccerfan0522
07Boy
MurderWasTheCase
takinumbers
blackcleatsoccerfan
DR07B
Socceropath
Uncleof05AP
ScottyTX
twotone
52 posters

Page 12 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next

Go down

U11 Classic D1 - Page 12 Empty Re: U11 Classic D1

Post by Solar 07B 9/20/2017, 2:17 pm

Fuzz wrote:
Solar 07B wrote:
What is your love affair with Marcio???

He the WORST example of any coach - in any sport -  I have ever been around - EVER... Demeaning and intimidating 9 year olds may have worked 25 years ago in Brazil, but it will get your little butt whipped here in Texas.

Thin skin? He's lucky I pulled my kids early, or he would have seen how thin my skin really is...

And I'm not the only one - this is a common topic year after year after year... How he is still a Coach is beyond me - oh yeah, I remember now,  he wins at all cost.

My daughter played for the Texans for 4 years, my son for 2 years. Them backing and heralding a coach like this is the the main reason I pulled them from the organization.

Marcio lasted less than 6 months before Stavrou took over - nothing was "inherited" - more like "saved"

This makes me laugh.  A little research and you'll be able to put this all together on your own Very Happy.  Here's what I've been able to gather about this whole ordeal.  First, this was the first time Marcio was given kids so young.  So, "demeaning" 9 year olds probably still didn't work in Brazil 25 years ago either.  It was an irrelevant comment since he has never done it before.  Marcio has his reputation and style and it has not changed.  What did change was the age of the kids.  You may be able to fault him for not adapting to the younger kids, but someone who has coached that long with as much success as he's had, I doubt change was something he was able to do easily.  Second, I've talked to several people on those teams.  There were two teams, A and B.  From the sounds of it you were on the B team.  I believe his A team pretty much stayed together the entire time.  The B team is the ones who had the problem.  It seems that most of the better kids actually didn't mind Marcio that much and  actually still like him.  The B kids on the other hand seemed to not handle him.  Probably has something to do with their abilities and the expectations he puts on his players.  That is probably the biggest difference between A and B players in my experience.  "A" team boys tend to work hard, enjoy the learning and have a desire to be better.  B team kids tend to be more about having fun.  Sure, they want to win and take it seriously, but not like A team players.  I think Marcio holds kids to a standard that no other coach does.  Most kids crack under that, but those who don't tend to go on to be very good soccer players.  He is definitely not the coach for every kid.  I've met him and I'd personally let my kid play for him.  He would either make it and become stronger for it or he would fail and we would try something else.  I'm not afraid to throw adversity at my boys.  I've spoken to parents of much older boys and they tell me that their kids hated Marcio and couldn't stand him when they played for him.  Later, after college they all stated he was the best coach they ever had.  I guess he's a little like tequila, you either love him or hate him, no in between Very Happy Very Happy   To add more fuel, I heard from several 08 Parents that most of the parents missed Marcio and took some time to warm up to Nick.  That's a bit of a shocker but I got it straight from the source.

Justify it however you want. I do think we (and everyone else, including Hassan) agrees he should not be coaching U-11 or younger...

He started off with 30 kids when he "took over" the age group and practiced them all together. How many of that group stayed together in tact? I don't know exact numbers, but I would bet it was 10 or less.

That says something...

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/20/2017, 2:20 pm

just-a-dad wrote:the other issue I have is that these coaches think they are celebrities.... even if they do dress like Jay Z..

Quote of the year!!

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/20/2017, 2:33 pm

Solar 07B wrote:
Justify it however you want. I do think we (and everyone else, including Hassan) agrees he should not be coaching U-11 or younger...

He started off with 30 kids when he "took over" the age group and practiced them all together. How many of that group stayed together in tact? I don't know exact numbers, but I would bet it was 10 or less.

That says something...

Yes, they agree he should not be coaching U11 or younger, which is why he is now DA.

again, more background info is always useful.  Very Happy  You can find this history on Got Soccer accounts and if you know a few parents (sounds like you do) they can probably fill in the rest.  

Marcio took over for Zeph.  1 team.  Not sure what the roster size was but they were playing 9 v 9 so it was probably around 12 or so.  This was after age pure split so it might have been less as they would have lost players to the 06 group.  That is what Marcio inherited.  It was his job to build that team.  There was another team of young 07s that were moved up from the old 08 group.  Marcio asked one or  two of the better kids from that group to join his team.  They accepted.  Something happend and somehow the whole team moved under Marcio.  He didn't ask for that nor did he want that.  It wasn't fair to Marcio nor was it fair to those kids.  Those kids were B and C level players and nowhere near ready for someone like Marcio.  You can imagine what effect that had on the numbers.  But, that was not Marcio's fault, that was a bad decision by the Texans to throw those kids under him.  Obviously the intent was good, but the result was not.

Last edited by Fuzz on 9/20/2017, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by itscalledfootball 9/20/2017, 2:38 pm

It's so hard to judge the best coaches around Dallas. The end of the day soccer is a players game. The better the talent you have the better you can look as a coach. Unless you go watch their sessions during the week, hear the interaction between them and their players it's very difficult to judge .
I do respect coaches that take the time to do coaching education. It doesn't guarantee a high caliber coach but it shows he/she is willing to learn at their craft .
I have a lot of respect for the level of coaching going on at the 07 level. It is way ahead of where it was 10 years ago .
itscalledfootball
itscalledfootball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by robertogag 9/20/2017, 2:45 pm

I would not go into trashing coaches/teams.... I disagree with some of the comments...For example, I know Volkan and Kevin... They have different styles. One may be more appropriate for one kid, or the other, it depends on the kid. But I really love the dedication and the way they both teach our kids... We just started with Kevin Salazar and I can say that with a new group of 06 kids (Because most of his players left to DA) I have seen a dramatic improvement in the team in just 3 months and... mostly... I have seen improvement in my son... Being on the bench in previous team, he is now showing way more play time, way more confidence and a way better play than ever. Feel free to PM me to show some plays/goals that show everything but kickball

robertogag
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 9/20/2017, 3:19 pm

Fuzz wrote:
Solar 07B wrote:

That says something...

Yes, they agree he should not be coaching U11 or younger, which is why he is now DA.

again, more background info is always useful.  Very Happy  You can find this history on Got Soccer accounts and if you know a few parents (sounds like you do) they can probably fill in the rest.  

Marcio took over for Zeph.  1 team.  Not sure what the roster size was but they were playing 9 v 9 so it was probably around 12 or so.  This was after age pure split so it might have been less as they would have lost players to the 06 group.  That is what Marcio inherited.  It was his job to build that team.  There was another team of young 07s that were moved up from the old 08 group.  Marcio asked one or  two of the better kids from that group to join his team.  They accepted.  Something happend and somehow  the whole team moved under Marcio.  He didn't ask for that nor did he want that.  It wasn't fair to Marcio nor was it fair to those kids.  Those kids were B and C level players and nowhere near ready for someone like Marcio.  You can imagine what effect that had on the numbers.  But, that was not Marcio's fault, that was a bad decision by the Texans to throw those kids under him.  Obviously the intent was good, but the result was not.

Again, you are justifying his actions by saying the 9 yr old kids were not good enough to play for a coach like him.  

So it's the kids fault that he treated them that way?

I have been a lifelong athlete and been involved with coaching kids for over 20 years - and have never heard someone talk to kids like that...

But whatever... I guess, I am soft, thin skinned and my 9 yr old is a B or C player and not good enough for Marcio's verbal abuse. - I'm good with that.

I'm done beating this horse - I mean jack@ss...

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/20/2017, 3:35 pm

Socceroo wrote:
factsmatter wrote:Kennington vs McKinney - In my opinion there isn't a gap at all. Two great coaches, both focused on development. One has better skilled player, the other has better athletes. This debate can/will be settled in the spring when they face-off in a Classic League game. Until then, we will have to just wait it out.

All of this Solar talk is beginning to make me sick... Let's get back to the predictions Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Right.....Both might be focused on development...but ONE is CLEARLY very focused on RECRUITING!!!   Rolling Eyes

Socceropath wrote:
Kennington-Has the same core that struggled mightily last fall. The wheels used to fall off when the starters went to the bench but if you watch them today, the dropoff is nominal. This to me is the textbook definition of development.

I disagree. I'm assuming you meant McKinney is clearly very focused on recruiting... I can tell you from first hand knowledge that so is Kennington (even with the assistance of Coach Adam Wells). Remember, Kennington inherited some very good players that left FCD before signing. His team didn't "organically" develop over the spring season, he recruited (just like I'd assume all the coaches did at some level)... That said, we can't fault McKinney for being a better recruiter (likely due to the success of his team).. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 9/20/2017, 4:48 pm

Hi - I hope everyone is having a great day. Originally when I made the post on D2 boad, because I am a Rush dad and not good enough for this board Smile, I made it just about ranking ng coaches, not bashing styles, development, but how you look at some teams and ranking the coach on what you look for in a coach for your son. Now let's be honest a good coach has good players but he has to develop the culture of learning and developing the team to work together and perform. Some coaches have done a great job and have their own style and that is great. If you know a team plays one way and you do not have your team adjust to their style then are you developing your team to adjust which is part of it all. Really the question was about respect of what other teams do and not about bashing.
The great thing is that soccer is getting better and great to see all styles of play. Now I will go and slum on my board.

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears 9/20/2017, 5:18 pm

"Now let's be honest a good coach has good players but he has to develop the culture of learning and developing the team to work together and perform. Some coaches have done a great job and have their own style and that is great." Your definition really works for me. Perhaps before judging a coach, it's fair to actually attend a practice or two rather than making assumptions.

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/20/2017, 6:07 pm

Bears wrote:"Now let's be honest a good coach has good players but he has to develop the culture of learning and developing the team to work together and perform. Some coaches have done a great job and have their own style and that is great." Your definition really works for me. Perhaps before judging a coach, it's fair to actually attend a practice or two rather than making assumptions.

Are you saying we now need to be logical and use common sense before posting on this board?  Shocked

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomansoccerdad 9/20/2017, 6:44 pm

Socceroo wrote:
Bears wrote:"Now let's be honest a good coach has good players but he has to develop the culture of learning and developing the team to work together and perform. Some coaches have done a great job and have their own style and that is great." Your definition really works for me. Perhaps before judging a coach, it's fair to actually attend a practice or two rather than making assumptions.

Are you saying we now need to be logical and use common sense before posting on this board?  Shocked

Umm ... Bears earlier quoted that "Celtic brought an Ace to beat McKinney last weekend" and the person that they actually club passed was a girl that plays for their Celtic 07 girls team that plays D3 Lake Highlands. She didn't even play in the game. I'm trying to figure out his logic for saying why she's the reason they won the game but I'm guessing that all he did was see the word "ringer" in a post made earlier about feedback from that game but didn't actually read the post at all.

So no in his case you don't need to be logical or use common sense when judging how a coach developed a team ... you can just type senseless and baseless bull crap and consider yourself an expert.

Nomansoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears 9/20/2017, 6:59 pm

1. I never said ringer.
2. I did state "How has Shirley developed his team after getting their doors blown off Labor Day weekend but bringing in an ace to help beat McKinney a couple of weeks later?"
3. I stand corrected if they brought in "help" just for show.
4. I believe it was also stated that N. TX added 3 new players at signing which went to my underlying point of how does that prove Shirley is developing players if what he's done is recruit talent. No shade on Shirley or the team.

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bears 9/20/2017, 7:06 pm

"So no in his case you don't need to be logical or use common sense when judging how a coach developed a team ... you can just type senseless and baseless bull crap and consider yourself an expert."

PS NoManSoccerDad: I also stated emphatically I'm a nerd and am learning the game. You miss that part? I know I struck a nerve stating the FACT that N. TX got their doors blown off...twice. It happens. But you don't need to get all mad about it.

Bears
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomansoccerdad 9/20/2017, 7:49 pm

Wow you really are completely lost. Read the post where the "ringer" was talked about for the Celtics game. Then reread your post that "Celtics brought and Ace to beat McKinney".

They are complete BS AND you know it. Don't dodge this. Just read the post about the ringer and then either rescind or restate your post about them bringing an Ace to beat McKinney.

As for the players that he added that are excellent talent and just tipped the team??? He added 3 solid players at signing from a second tier D2 Celtics team that are good subs at this point and help the team very much so from a depth perception. NONE of those three players NOR have my daughter started a game in the last 16 months. He has the same very solid core of good players that have started in every game. None of them are superstars ... just a good group of well coached players.

Your comments about the Texans beating the crap out of them are spot on and not offensive at all. That group of kids has a way of playing up to the level of their competition at times but also fall flat on their face as well on some days.

Again ... all of everything we are typing is oppinion based and subjective!!! We (self included") are just a bunch of proud parents of our kids and want to see them all grow as players, students, etc kids !!!!

Alll good and let's move on!

Nomansoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/20/2017, 8:15 pm

One came from one of the Big 3....  great player... and a starter....no need to name kids here...

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomansoccerdad 9/20/2017, 9:23 pm

Socceroo they haven't had a new starter on that team in 16 months since my daughter started playing for them and you are right I agree no need in calling out names. What I AM doing is calling out that you and Mr. Bears posted complete BS and flat out lies when you mentioned Mr Shirley and how his team magically pulled a player out to beat McKinney and also in your case added that he added 2-3 really top notch starters to make them compete with the big Solar clubs.

Now you are adding more BS to your posts "a definite starter".

Folks this was fun and I'm now finished with the topic.

Just remember in the future take anything from Bears or Socceroo that they say or quote is very likely complete BS. ... and when called out they try to dodge with more BS.

Guys let's chat in person over a nice coffee some time and I'll be glad to speak soccer and coaching with you. I am sure both of you are really nice folks. I just don't take it lightly when you sit, hide behind a computer, and make crap up and post it about a coach and how he has developed a very good team.

Nomansoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/20/2017, 9:47 pm

Nomansoccerdad wrote:Socceroo they haven't had a new starter on that team in 16 months since my daughter started playing for them and you are right I agree no need in calling out names.   What I AM doing is calling out that you and Mr. Bears posted complete BS and flat out lies when you mentioned Mr Shirley and how his team magically pulled a player out to beat McKinney and also in your case added that he added 2-3 really top notch starters  to make them compete with the big Solar clubs.

Just remember in the future take anything from Bears or Socceroo that they say or quote is very likely complete BS. ... and when called out they try to dodge with more BS.

Guys let's chat in person over a nice coffee some time and I'll be glad to speak soccer and coaching with you.  I am sure both of you are really nice folks.  I just don't take it lightly when you sit, hide behind a computer, and make crap up and post it about a coach and how he has developed a very good team.

Dude.. just relax. I think you might be over-reacting...We all know that Socceroo and Bears are full of crap and we would never take their comments to heart.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just kidding... Seriously, let's move on. Time will tell if Shirley's doing a great job. I can't say personally, because I haven't seen them play (other than when our team plays them). I will say, NTX seems pretty consistent with the kids. I watched them warm-up last weekend, and they seemed to be the same kids I remember. Them beating McKinney or any other Top team doesn't really say nearly as much to me about their development, because we can't judge it based on wins. What we can say is that they've improved and it's showing up on the scoreboard and standings in D1. I salute their coach and kids for a great start to the season. I just hope my son's team beats the brakes off of them when we play you guys.. LOL. I might take you up on that coffee offer though. Thanks for sharing .

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomansoccerdad 9/20/2017, 10:04 pm

Agreed .... I do need to relax!!! And yes I also stated that if you put those two teams on the field 10 times with Solar kids would have won 6, tied 2or3, and Celtics won once or twice.

And bears I like your Brazilian soccer style also!

FYI thumbs up to both of them for getting my adrenaline running! I'll take it less seriously next time.

So what was I talking about earlier and with who???

Nomansoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 9/21/2017, 8:24 am

Congrats guys and gals:

Our 07 quantity of posts (over 3,000) has over taken the 06s and 05s - and its not even a full year into select!

We are officially the "craziest" - sorry, "most vocal" group on the boys forum in many years.

Although the girls side still puts us to shame... Their 07 post count is 5,608 Shocked

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by longview 9/21/2017, 8:37 am

And it's the 7th biggest thread on the whole forum - just 457 posts until it's #1! You guys should be able to knock that out by mid-October.

longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/21/2017, 9:01 am

Nomansoccerdad wrote:Socceroo they haven't had a new starter on that team in 16 months since my daughter started playing for them and you are right I agree no need in calling out names.   What I AM doing is calling out that you and Mr. Bears posted complete BS and flat out lies when you mentioned Mr Shirley and how his team magically pulled a player out to beat McKinney and also in your case added that he added 2-3 really top notch starters  to make them compete with the big Solar clubs.

Guys let's chat in person over a nice coffee some time and I'll be glad to speak soccer and coaching with you.  I am sure both of you are really nice folks.  I just don't take it lightly when you sit, hide behind a computer, and make crap up and post it about a coach and how he has developed a very good team.

Lets be clear here. First of all, I never said anything about magically pulling a player out to beat McKinney..... That wasn't me...not sure why these attacks...Never had anything bad to say about Celtic and their coach., so chill out....
2nd, I'm not going to name the kid. But PM me if you want and I can remind you who the kid that came from one of the Big 3 is...   Wink

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 9/21/2017, 9:53 am

I have watched this Celtic group for over a year now and knew the Coach prior to him coaching 07s. He does it right.  

He is not the type to bring in "ringers" with the intent to win a league game.

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/21/2017, 3:03 pm

Since everyone keeps talking about YSR, this is the latest top 20 as of today:

1FC DALLAS YOUTH ACADEMY [4]32.67
2DALLAS TEXANS RED [14]31.78
3DALLAS TEXANS [18]31.65
4SOLAR SC MCKINNEY [36]31.17
5DALLAS RUSH FC VOUTIER [42]31.04
6DALLAS REBELS SOCCER LOYA [51]30.89
7ELITE UNITED FC ARANA [75]30.36
8LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA OWEN [92]30.15
9SOLAR SC VOLKAN [106]30.04
10EAST TEXAS WILDCATTERS SC [112]29.99
11SOLAR SC KENNINGTON [126]29.85
12ALLEGIANCE FC BLACK PEDRO [129]29.84
13FC DALLAS YOUTH [157]29.60
14AYSES SC GOLD [193]29.36
15FEVER UNITED MORENO [196]29.35
16NTX CELTIC FC SHIRLEY [204]29.29
17GREATER LIBERTYVILLE SA FC DALLAS ETX PREMIER B [205]29.28
18FC LEGENDS UNITED [231]29.17
19SOLAR SC MARTINEZ [239]29.14
20FC FAST DONAGHY [259]29.04

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/21/2017, 3:15 pm

How is Volkan, LP Owen still ranked in Top 10?... crazy to me...

How is FC Fast (which is a great team with a good coach) ranked #20? They're not Top25 in my opinion.

I just can't respect the YSR... (but what else do we have?)...smh

Back to top Go down

Post by FCD07 Mom 9/21/2017, 3:47 pm

factsmatter wrote:How is Volkan, LP Owen still ranked in Top 10?... crazy to me...

How is FC Fast (which is a great team with a good coach) ranked #20? They're not Top25 in my opinion.

I just can't respect the YSR... (but what else do we have?)...smh

Unfortunately it is the best we have. I wished they weighted the most recent results differently. A 12 month period is too long to avg out the rankings. I like the idea of reranking after each game based on goal differential. This is what these rankings are all about. I don't think Volkan's ranking are far off...Just cause they had a hiccup and didn't make D1, doesn't mean anything...same can be said for Voutier....There are 5 D2 teams in this list. And 5 D1 teams that are not....

FCD07 Mom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 9/21/2017, 4:04 pm

It would be pretty easy to adjust the calculation to more heavily weight more recent games (would be very interesting to see how the rankings changed). The problem is getting the data. There are probably at least a few of us on here that could easily crunch the numbers if someone feels up to the task of getting scores for the 612,000 games that are going into the current ranking calculations.

Not as accurate but you could also limit the data to just NTX games at the 07 age group. You'd have to remove all of the games from outside our region and games against other age group opponents but it would greatly reduce the dataset.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next