Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

High School Playoffs - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

High School Playoffs

+16
Yak Attack
Aswan
norwich city
quickfoot
M Patient
twotone
Majortom
FGFF
lowandhard
my2cents
soccergrinder
onetenguy
Seinfeld4
hoff1032
Soccernovice
soccerrus2
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

High School Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: High School Playoffs

Post by twotone 3/27/2011, 1:00 pm

my2cents wrote:
twotone wrote:
my2cents wrote:
twotone wrote:Gasp!!!! no need to kill the buzz everyone gets from bitching and complaining about referees, majorTom. stop immediately with the suggestions of some anonymous figure on a message board that knows every rule and its application backwards and forwards but no desire to actually pick up a whistle and actually call a foul or two. we dont wanna break a sweat, run a couple of laps to keep up with the boys. we might break a nail....

Ok I'll update you TT. I have 3 refs in my house ages 13, 15 and 21. I have sat thru all three classes and certified once. I have a few good friends who have reffed for many years and know many others well enough to discuss call as freinds and educate myself as to why they did or did not make certain calls. I have also done the HS test numerous occassions helping someone with a reading disability. I have no ACL or Medial cartledge in one knee and the other has been operated on and thus can not referee. I have done the wee ones though upon occasion. The The calls I complain loudly about involve safety. When it comes to the score I really don't care about a call that may or may not effect it; that is part of the game. I have been a rec administrator for 10 years and for 6 of those involved in looking after and helping out young refs. So yes I have a decent knowledge of the rules and I do know an intentional dirty take down versus good physical play and what may be acceptable in rec vs CL vs HS. I know there is a shortage but to have 6 of our 10 4A varsity district games duals while 5A girls are fully manned is a valid complaint

if you've done all this, then perhaps you would have the knowledge to complain to people that can make a difference rather than on a measly message board. you might also choose not to join the sheep and yell at the refs on your kids games just cuz you paid your $5 at the gate. IMO, it makes it even worse that you're just like the rest if you've been an taken the classes, refereed games, and been an admin and are growing the next crop of potential HS refs. can't wait for you to be the guy that gets mad cuz some other idiot parent is yelling at your son/daughter as they ref a game and dont "call it both ways, ref".....

You make all these asumptions about me from what? Because I, like many knowledgeble people, think many times HS refereeing is poor quality . Because I wince and cringe when I see young athletes injured in games that have spiraled out of control? Because I will implore refs to gain control even asking for calls against my team? Your a moron . Im out on this one.

I made no assumptions. You said:
-you are growing the next crop of referees "3 refs in my house ages 13, 15, and 21"
-you have taken the certification "i have sat through all three classes and certified once"
=you have done the HS test "i have also done the HS test numerous occasions helping someone with a reading disability"
-you have officiated games "i have done the wee ones though upon occasion"
-you have yelled at other referees "the calls i complain loudly about involved safety"
-you have been a Admin "i have been a rec administrator for 10 years"

the only thing i assumed was that you would have the wherewithall to know the proper channels to communicate your frustrations thru since you have all the experience that you've noted in your posts. my bad for assuming that since its more fun to come on a message board and complain OR its more fun to yell out at the refs at your HS soccer match than it is to contact someone and address your concerns.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 3/27/2011, 1:49 pm

M Patient wrote:Prosper almost had a big upset last night vs. Wakeland. Prosper went up 2-0 in the first half and held tough until Wakeland finally finished the come back with 4 minutes left in the 2nd half. This was Prosper's first time in the playoffs and playing up in 4A. Better Wake Up affraid Wakeland

I was thinking the same thing about Prosper, and how this might have happened.

Wakeland coach must have been resting his starters. Wink
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickfoot 3/27/2011, 5:14 pm

Yak Attack wrote:
M Patient wrote:Prosper almost had a big upset last night vs. Wakeland. Prosper went up 2-0 in the first half and held tough until Wakeland finally finished the come back with 4 minutes left in the 2nd half. This was Prosper's first time in the playoffs and playing up in 4A. Better Wake Up affraid Wakeland

I was thinking the same thing about Prosper, and how this might have happened.

Wakeland coach must have been resting his starters. Wink

Seriously Laughing
quickfoot
quickfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by old soccer dad 3/30/2011, 7:20 am

onetenguy wrote:
lowandhard wrote:The Coach may have been resting players, but Hebron's loss and Allen's win dropped Hebron from 2nd in district to 3rd. They went from a first playoff game against Keller to a game with Coppell because of the loss. Pick your poisen as both teams are extremely tough.

I would much rather play Keller than Coppell. Coach Byb is extremely experienced and will have his Coppell team well prepared. Don't get me wrong, both teams are tough but give me Keller before Coppell.

Its hard for me to actually believe Coach Byb is experience or his team will be well prepared.

old soccer dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocks 3/30/2011, 9:22 am

I would much rather play Keller than Coppell. Coach Byb is extremely experienced and will have his Coppell team well prepared. Don't get me wrong, both teams are tough but give me Keller before Coppell.[/quote]

Its hard for me to actually believe Coach Byb is experience or his team will be well prepared. [/quote]

Watched the Coppell game last night. I am a Coppell Dad. Coppell lost 1-0 in a tough match to a motivated and scrappy Hebron, who deserved the win.

I am happy with the team's AND the players' progress this year. Wish the playoffs could have gone better, but maybe it will serve as motivation for the future, both in life and on the field. Congrats to Coach Byb. As we all know, it's the player ON the field and the personal coach between their ears that ultimately determine their success.

Now, "GO Hebron."

rocks
rocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/30/2011, 9:49 am

The game never really got traction from either team. At the half, neither team had a shot on goal. I sat near a Hebron dad who yelled at the ref all match. Alternately, a group of kids below us were hysterical. Kept my boys laughing all night. They were still talking about it this morning at breakfast.

My bet is still on the Dragons for Region 1. For Region 3, my pics are Strake or League City Clear Creek. Region 2, I like McKinney Boyd over The Woodlands and Jesuit. Region 4 has a lot of teams from San Antonio. Either way, I'll pick NTX soccer over all others coming out of that bracket.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/31/2011, 8:11 am

Be very afraid of Tomball in Region 2

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down