Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

High School Playoffs Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

High School Playoffs

+16
Yak Attack
Aswan
norwich city
quickfoot
M Patient
twotone
Majortom
FGFF
lowandhard
my2cents
soccergrinder
onetenguy
Seinfeld4
hoff1032
Soccernovice
soccerrus2
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

High School Playoffs Empty High School Playoffs

Post by soccerrus2 3/22/2011, 10:01 am

Many matches tonight will determine the final placements for the playoffs. As of now, it looks like quite a few great first round match ups. These are the ones I want to see:

Plano V Denton Guyer
Coppell V Allen
Carroll V Marcus
Keller V Hebron

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

High School Playoffs Empty Re: High School Playoffs

Post by Soccernovice 3/22/2011, 9:26 pm

McKinney Boyd District 10-5A champions!
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 3/22/2011, 10:20 pm

As I was driving by the stadium tonight I saw Marcus was ahead of Hebron 3-0 with about 30 minutes left. I guess Coach Gall lit a fire under the troops tonight.
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seinfeld4 3/23/2011, 7:20 am

I was at the game. The talk in the stands was Hebron rested a lot of their starters. The results of last nights game had not impact on playoff position. Have no idea of that is true or not. I dont have a dog in this fight. Just took my kids to watch a soccer game.
Seinfeld4
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 3/23/2011, 7:55 am

Seinfeld4 wrote:I was at the game. The talk in the stands was Hebron rested a lot of their starters. The results of last nights game had not impact on playoff position. Have no idea of that is true or not. I dont have a dog in this fight. Just took my kids to watch a soccer game.

That's probably not the best way to build momentum for the playoffs. Besides, Hebron doesn't play again for a week - why rest your players??? High schools coaches have some strange strategies at times.

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/23/2011, 8:09 am

onetenguy wrote:
Seinfeld4 wrote:I was at the game. The talk in the stands was Hebron rested a lot of their starters. The results of last nights game had not impact on playoff position. Have no idea of that is true or not. I dont have a dog in this fight. Just took my kids to watch a soccer game.

That's probably not the best way to build momentum for the playoffs. Besides, Hebron doesn't play again for a week - why rest your players??? High schools coaches have some strange strategies at times.

From looking at Hebrons success doens't seem like they need much momentum. They already have it. With many kids playing club ball seems like a prudent thing to do is give them some rest before trying to make a deep run. They are not the only team giving their players a rest if they can. When I saw the score that was the first thing that came to mind was he was resting players since the game had no bearing.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/23/2011, 8:57 am

Given the physical style many referees allow in HS soccer I think it is more about not getting key players hurt in a meaningless game than resting them.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lowandhard 3/23/2011, 6:33 pm

The Coach may have been resting players, but Hebron's loss and Allen's win dropped Hebron from 2nd in district to 3rd. They went from a first playoff game against Keller to a game with Coppell because of the loss. Pick your poisen as both teams are extremely tough.

lowandhard
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 3/23/2011, 8:33 pm

lowandhard wrote:The Coach may have been resting players, but Hebron's loss and Allen's win dropped Hebron from 2nd in district to 3rd. They went from a first playoff game against Keller to a game with Coppell because of the loss. Pick your poisen as both teams are extremely tough.

I would much rather play Keller than Coppell. Coach Byb is extremely experienced and will have his Coppell team well prepared. Don't get me wrong, both teams are tough but give me Keller before Coppell.

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 3/23/2011, 8:36 pm

my2cents wrote:Given the physical style many referees allow in HS soccer I think it is more about not getting key players hurt in a meaningless game than resting them.

Looks like it wasn't meaningless. Hebron chances of going out in the first round just increased - you can argue by how much. I think it doesn't matter anyway, as Plano Senior High probably makes the regional semis from that side of the bracket.

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 3/23/2011, 9:59 pm

So they have already announced the matchups, times and locations? Anyone have a link? Or maybe I should stop being lazy and find it myself! Laughing

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/24/2011, 6:59 am

Its all about matchups. Hebron had to think their road through Coppell/Colleyville/Plano was more adventurous then Keller/Legacy/Southlake. Marcus must be crying to have been paired with the Dragons. Should be lots of fun on Monday/Tuesday

Don't get too excited about the link below. I believe last year this wasn't completed until the regional quarterfinals were completed.
http://www2.uil.utexas.edu/brackets/soccer/soccer-boys-5a.pdf

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 3/24/2011, 12:13 pm

my2cents wrote:Given the physical style many referees allow in HS soccer I think it is more about not getting key players hurt in a meaningless game than resting them.

Many referees allow physical style regardless of the level being played; plus "physical style" is also a very subjective term. UIL, TASO officers do not explicitly request referees to permit such style. From rec to MLS, there are referees who let the game flow and others who love total control of the game.

In any case, HS coaches are free to make special requests (especially for play-off games) if they are concerned about the opposing team. Of course, that's all subject to referee availability. One point to note though is that at the end of the season some patterns are evident in terms of teams' conduct. For example, one of the teams listed above is one of the most penalized teams in regards to yellow cards this season.

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 3/25/2011, 12:08 am

another reason Hebron could've rested players is because of the yellow card/caution points. you dont want ta player thats in danger of missing the next game to get that caution in a meaningless game when you're already qualified for playoffs. injury is worse, but having a player sit out while healthy sucks rhinoceros balls.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by M Patient 3/25/2011, 9:34 am

Prosper almost had a big upset last night vs. Wakeland. Prosper went up 2-0 in the first half and held tough until Wakeland finally finished the come back with 4 minutes left in the 2nd half. This was Prosper's first time in the playoffs and playing up in 4A. Better Wake Up affraid Wakeland
M Patient
M Patient
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/25/2011, 10:16 am

[quote="Majortom"]

Many referees allow physical style regardless of the level being played; plus "physical style" is also a very subjective term. UIL, TASO officers do not explicitly request referees to permit such style. From rec to MLS, there are referees who let the game flow and others who love total control of the game.

In any case, HS coaches are free to make special requests (especially for play-off games) if they are concerned about the opposing team. Of course, that's all subject to referee availability. One point to note though is that at the end of the season some patterns are evident in terms of teams' conduct. For example, one of the teams listed above is one of the most penalized teams in regards to yellow cards this season.[/quote

I was trying to be charitable. From rec to MLS HS ball in 4A is the worst referying I have seen. This season alone I saw many deliberate leg sweeps no where near the ball, some resulting in injuries, deliberate trips, cursing, arguing, keepers punching attackers in the face getting no ball. Almost never were any cards given. How about duals run entirely from the defensive back lines and never coming off the sideline ? Basically two ARS with out a center. Saw a couple of those too. There are some good and very good refs out there without a doubt, but overall the quality is dangerously poor.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 3/25/2011, 10:35 pm

[quote="my2cents"]
Majortom wrote:

In any case, HS coaches are free to make special requests (especially for play-off games) if they are concerned about the opposing team. Of course, that's all subject to referee availability. One point to note though is that at the end of the season some patterns are evident in terms of teams' conduct. For example, one of the teams listed above is one of the most penalized teams in regards to yellow cards this season.[/quote

I was trying to be charitable. From rec to MLS HS ball in 4A is the worst referying I have seen. This season alone I saw many deliberate leg sweeps no where near the ball, some resulting in injuries, deliberate trips, cursing, arguing, keepers punching attackers in the face getting no ball. Almost never were any cards given. How about duals run entirely from the defensive back lines and never coming off the sideline ? Basically two ARS with out a center. Saw a couple of those too. There are some good and very good refs out there without a doubt, but overall the quality is dangerously poor.

I disagree; refereeing at ALL levels here in the US is mediocre and way behind other parts of the world. For example, do you know how many US refs. participated in say the last 3 world cups?

Specifically, HS soccer is also challenging to ref; the assigning, the winter weather, the rules, the ref. training and definitely the audience are all deterrents. The pay (mileage included) is usually the initial incentive for referees to start HS games; however, after a couple of seasons, many referees quit.

In terms of the bad calls, HS coaches can request to include/exclude referees for a particular game; however, due to the limited number of referees, those requests may not be honored all the time. Also, because of the referee shortage, you do see a lot of duals...especially in JV and below games. But, to reiterate my initial point, the reason you have bad calls is not because of their (HS refs) willingness to let physical play; the reason is simple: we're expecting TWO individuals to do a job that in most days 3 (or 4) refs can't perform. Come on.

Hey, but instead of complaining, we can be part of the solution here. Why don't we become HS referees? Cheers.

Enjoy the playoffs!

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 3/26/2011, 1:32 am

Gasp!!!! no need to kill the buzz everyone gets from bitching and complaining about referees, majorTom. stop immediately with the suggestions of some anonymous figure on a message board that knows every rule and its application backwards and forwards but no desire to actually pick up a whistle and actually call a foul or two. we dont wanna break a sweat, run a couple of laps to keep up with the boys. we might break a nail....

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/26/2011, 8:10 am

twotone wrote:Gasp!!!! no need to kill the buzz everyone gets from bitching and complaining about referees, majorTom. stop immediately with the suggestions of some anonymous figure on a message board that knows every rule and its application backwards and forwards but no desire to actually pick up a whistle and actually call a foul or two. we dont wanna break a sweat, run a couple of laps to keep up with the boys. we might break a nail....

Ok I'll update you TT. I have 3 refs in my house ages 13, 15 and 21. I have sat thru all three classes and certified once. I have a few good friends who have reffed for many years and know many others well enough to discuss call as freinds and educate myself as to why they did or did not make certain calls. I have also done the HS test numerous occassions helping someone with a reading disability. I have no ACL or Medial cartledge in one knee and the other has been operated on and thus can not referee. I have done the wee ones though upon occasion. The The calls I complain loudly about involve safety. When it comes to the score I really don't care about a call that may or may not effect it; that is part of the game. I have been a rec administrator for 10 years and for 6 of those involved in looking after and helping out young refs. So yes I have a decent knowledge of the rules and I do know an intentional dirty take down versus good physical play and what may be acceptable in rec vs CL vs HS. I know there is a shortage but to have 6 of our 10 4A varsity district games duals while 5A girls are fully manned is a valid complaint

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by quickfoot 3/26/2011, 11:15 am

twotone wrote:another reason Hebron could've rested players is because of the yellow card/caution points. you dont want ta player thats in danger of missing the next game to get that caution in a meaningless game when you're already qualified for playoffs. injury is worse, but having a player sit out while healthy sucks rhinoceros balls.

I think it it hard to believe that Hebron was resting players. The original scenario was for Coppell to play Hebron @ Marcus stadium on Tuesday. Hebron did not want to play at a stadium where they had just lost 3-1 so Hebron and Coppell flipped for home field. Coppell won the flip. Hebron will be playing Coppell @ Buddy Echols field in Coppell Tuesday @ 8:00 o'clock. If he was resting players that didn't work out to well did it as well with the stadium situation. I wonder if Hebron wants to re-think their strategy?
quickfoot
quickfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 3/26/2011, 5:01 pm

quickfoot wrote:
twotone wrote:another reason Hebron could've rested players is because of the yellow card/caution points. you dont want ta player thats in danger of missing the next game to get that caution in a meaningless game when you're already qualified for playoffs. injury is worse, but having a player sit out while healthy sucks rhinoceros balls.

I think it it hard to believe that Hebron was resting players. The original scenario was for Coppell to play Hebron @ Marcus stadium on Tuesday. Hebron did not want to play at a stadium where they had just lost 3-1 so Hebron and Coppell flipped for home field. Coppell won the flip. Hebron will be playing Coppell @ Buddy Echols field in Coppell Tuesday @ 8:00 o'clock. If he was resting players that didn't work out to well did it as well with the stadium situation. I wonder if Hebron wants to re-think their strategy?

prob. not
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 3/26/2011, 5:54 pm

Home field advantage is derived mainly from the greater number of fans the hometeam turns out. In this case, I think the same parents will show up as always. The heckling Coppell student hooligans appear to have metriculated and should not be a distraction this year.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 3/26/2011, 6:02 pm

my2cents wrote:
twotone wrote:Gasp!!!! no need to kill the buzz everyone gets from bitching and complaining about referees, majorTom. stop immediately with the suggestions of some anonymous figure on a message board that knows every rule and its application backwards and forwards but no desire to actually pick up a whistle and actually call a foul or two. we dont wanna break a sweat, run a couple of laps to keep up with the boys. we might break a nail....

Ok I'll update you TT. I have 3 refs in my house ages 13, 15 and 21. I have sat thru all three classes and certified once. I have a few good friends who have reffed for many years and know many others well enough to discuss call as freinds and educate myself as to why they did or did not make certain calls. I have also done the HS test numerous occassions helping someone with a reading disability. I have no ACL or Medial cartledge in one knee and the other has been operated on and thus can not referee. I have done the wee ones though upon occasion. The The calls I complain loudly about involve safety. When it comes to the score I really don't care about a call that may or may not effect it; that is part of the game. I have been a rec administrator for 10 years and for 6 of those involved in looking after and helping out young refs. So yes I have a decent knowledge of the rules and I do know an intentional dirty take down versus good physical play and what may be acceptable in rec vs CL vs HS. I know there is a shortage but to have 6 of our 10 4A varsity district games duals while 5A girls are fully manned is a valid complaint

if you've done all this, then perhaps you would have the knowledge to complain to people that can make a difference rather than on a measly message board. you might also choose not to join the sheep and yell at the refs on your kids games just cuz you paid your $5 at the gate. IMO, it makes it even worse that you're just like the rest if you've been an taken the classes, refereed games, and been an admin and are growing the next crop of potential HS refs. can't wait for you to be the guy that gets mad cuz some other idiot parent is yelling at your son/daughter as they ref a game and dont "call it both ways, ref".....

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/27/2011, 11:00 am

twotone wrote:
my2cents wrote:

if you've done all this, then perhaps you would have the knowledge to complain to people that can make a difference rather than on a measly message board. you might also choose not to join the sheep and yell at the refs on your kids games just cuz you paid your $5 at the gate. IMO, it makes it even worse that you're just like the rest if you've been an taken the classes, refereed games, and been an admin and are growing the next crop of potential HS refs. can't wait for you to be the guy that gets mad cuz some other idiot parent is yelling at your son/daughter as they ref a game and dont "call it both ways, ref".....

You make all these asumptions about me from what? Because I, like many knowledgeble people, think many times HS refereeing is poor quality . Because I wince and cringe when I see young athletes injured in games that have spiraled out of control? Because I will implore refs to gain control even asking for calls against my team? Your a moron . Im out on this one.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 3/27/2011, 1:00 pm

my2cents wrote:
twotone wrote:
my2cents wrote:

You make all these asumptions about me from what? Because I, like many knowledgeble people, think many times HS refereeing is poor quality . Because I wince and cringe when I see young athletes injured in games that have spiraled out of control? Because I will implore refs to gain control even asking for calls against my team? Your a moron . Im out on this one.

I made no assumptions. You said:
-you are growing the next crop of referees "3 refs in my house ages 13, 15, and 21"
-you have taken the certification "i have sat through all three classes and certified once"
=you have done the HS test "i have also done the HS test numerous occasions helping someone with a reading disability"
-you have officiated games "i have done the wee ones though upon occasion"
-you have yelled at other referees "the calls i complain loudly about involved safety"
-you have been a Admin "i have been a rec administrator for 10 years"

the only thing i assumed was that you would have the wherewithall to know the proper channels to communicate your frustrations thru since you have all the experience that you've noted in your posts. my bad for assuming that since its more fun to come on a message board and complain OR its more fun to yell out at the refs at your HS soccer match than it is to contact someone and address your concerns.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next