Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Wylie High School  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Wylie High School

+6
go99
Txn4life
soccerrus2
SailorMoon
FlatBack4
randee42
10 posters

Go down

Wylie High School  Empty Wylie High School

Post by randee42 8/26/2011, 9:38 am

Anyone know anything about the coaches for the soccer program at Wylie High? Coach Velten and Coach Milligan run the program.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Wylie High School  Empty Re: Wylie High School

Post by FlatBack4 8/26/2011, 10:29 am

No, but I can put forth an educated guess. Most high school coaches are really bad. Odds are, so are these guys.

Now, on the other had, most high school coaches think they are really good, particularly the ones with really good teams. If you look closely, you'll find a good team leader or two on the field. Those are the real "coaches". It doesn't take but just a handful of skilled players to take a high school team deep into the playoffs.

HS soccer is fun, but it's not club soccer.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SailorMoon 8/26/2011, 11:14 am

FlatBack4 wrote:No, but I can put forth an educated guess. Most high school coaches are really bad. Odds are, so are these guys.

Now, on the other had, most high school coaches think they are really good, particularly the ones with really good teams. If you look closely, you'll find a good team leader or two on the field. Those are the real "coaches". It doesn't take but just a handful of skilled players to take a high school team deep into the playoffs.

AMEN.

SailorMoon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/26/2011, 11:59 am

FlatBack4 wrote:No, but I can put forth an educated guess. Most high school coaches are really bad. Odds are, so are these guys.

FB4 should know...however on a 3A level. Laughing

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Txn4life 1/21/2013, 10:34 pm

What if the high school coach had played soccer before? What if he had high
school, club, and college playing experience? What if he had high school, club, ODP, and college coaching experience? I'm sure you're a great coach yourself, and deserve to comment on all things soccer whether you know anything or not, but what if, by chance, this lowly high school coach was actually well qualified for the job? I'm sure you know more than he does and I'm sure you have years of experience this DA doesn't have, but what if?

Txn4life
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/21/2013, 10:44 pm

what if the coach was real pep guardiola under a new name. What if he developed Ronaldinho as a youth player. What if he only scratched his balls with just his left hand. What if Wylie truly was the hot bed for next level soccer in the US
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 1/21/2013, 10:45 pm

but ease up on the highschool coaches because most of the club coaches suck too
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Txn4life 1/21/2013, 11:05 pm

Well Wylie is not the hot bed of soccer, all coaches suck, just ask the parents, they all know more than the coaches anyway. I'm sure the Wylie coach is just like every other coach, an arrogant jerk who expects his kids to work hard, be coachable, & in the case of high school coaches expects his players to be respectful in school and pass their classes. I hate those guys.

Txn4life
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Txn4life 1/21/2013, 11:10 pm

And go99, how do I get an avatar like that? In my best Borat voice, " very nice."

Txn4life
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 1/21/2013, 11:12 pm

There are good coaches and bad ones in High School. Same for club. Club soccer is a different game than High School, and players play for different reasons. There are many good club players that play High School - most because they enjoy playing with their friends and representing their school.

My son has had a very positive experience with his High School coaches, and the change of coaching style along with change of teammates when HS season starts rejuvinates his game IMO.

Back to the original question though - never heard of either of the coaches about which you speak.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 1/22/2013, 9:29 am

HS ball is really fun for the boys. I didnt get to see any of Wylie's games this past weekend, but I'm sure they are pretty good. As for HS V. Club, they're not that far off at some schools. The teams are usually a a mix of former academy & DI/DII players, so every kid on the pitch can play. There's not a big drop off with players or even coaches at some HS.
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaivermor 1/22/2013, 2:29 pm

This guy may not be taking over for the recently vacated Barca job, but it does say he played at the collegiate level; rare for HS Soccer coach around these parts, no?

http://wyliepiratefootball.mobi/coaches/4f59868b3abc60505d000003
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 1/22/2013, 6:54 pm

I don't know Coach Milligan but I do know Coach Velten. His son and my younger son (97's) played together on the Solar 97 team for many years. I found George to be very knowledgeable about soccer and has a very amiable personality. My older son, who played high school ball at Jesuit, played Wiley a couple of years ago and I was able to watch Coach Velten in action first hand. My opinion is he is an excellent coach. One of the better ones in high school. Just my opinion.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down