Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16

+32
bendit
Blitzed
Keeperdad96
soccermom040
just2smile
DragonStryker
Jedi Mind Tricks
soccer22
jgomezceiinc
Soccernovice
scrmum
bulldogsmom
FlatBack4
Friscosoccer
THE NEEDLE
happyfeet
centermiddad
soccerdad1
socmom3
norwich city
Singaporefan
soccergrinder
eagle
off_the_woodwork
cancha123
futbolnutt
soccerrus2
Kaivermor
my2cents
Maradona
Crochet
CH1
36 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16 Empty NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16

Post by CH1 4/6/2011, 4:58 pm

NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16

ANYONE CARE TO COMMENT ON HOW CLASSIC LEAGUE WILL LOOK NEXT YEAR.WHO WILL BE WHERE? WHICH TEAMS WILL STAY, AND WHO WILL MAKE IT OUT OF THE CHALLENGE?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16 Empty Re: NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16

Post by Crochet 4/6/2011, 9:32 pm

CH1 wrote:NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16

ANYONE CARE TO COMMENT ON HOW CLASSIC LEAGUE WILL LOOK NEXT YEAR.WHO WILL BE WHERE? WHICH TEAMS WILL STAY, AND WHO WILL MAKE IT OUT OF THE CHALLENGE?

No.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 4/6/2011, 9:35 pm

Crochet wrote:
CH1 wrote:NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16

No.
cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/6/2011, 9:39 pm

Odyssey and Tornados moving up from D2, middle D1's staying put seems to be the only certainties from most of chatter lately

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaivermor 4/7/2011, 9:18 am

Correct me (I am sure you will) where I am wrong...

D1 - top four teams from U15 will depart (assume Andro. is okay), but their slots will be filled by next in line from those big 4 clubs (this keeps some teams up that were to be relegated and brings 2 up from D2 that don't finish 1st or 2nd in D2)

D2 - Per above, Top 2 from D2 go up to D1; 2 more also move up to occupy slots vacated by D1 team in their same club, leaving 4 holes in D2. I think that may keeps 9th and 10 place from relegation to D3. Top 2 from D3 move up, and I think 3rd and 4th place from D3, also.

D3 - Top 2 move up. I think 3rd and 4 in D3 move up to D2, also. So I think that leaves remaining 6 in place, leaving 4 slots available in D3. I think bottom 2 will still play challenge with top 2 in Plano and top 2 in Arlington.

So really, it looks like in each division, in stead of the top 2 from the division below moving up, the top 4 will move up.
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/7/2011, 10:01 pm

Kaivermor wrote:Correct me (I am sure you will) where I am wrong...

D1 - top four teams from U15 will depart (assume Andro. is okay), but their slots will be filled by next in line from those big 4 clubs (this keeps some teams up that were to be relegated and brings 2 up from D2 that don't finish 1st or 2nd in D2)

D2 - Per above, Top 2 from D2 go up to D1; 2 more also move up to occupy slots vacated by D1 team in their same club, leaving 4 holes in D2. I think that may keeps 9th and 10 place from relegation to D3. Top 2 from D3 move up, and I think 3rd and 4th place from D3, also.

D3 - Top 2 move up. I think 3rd and 4 in D3 move up to D2, also. So I think that leaves remaining 6 in place, leaving 4 slots available in D3. I think bottom 2 will still play challenge with top 2 in Plano and top 2 in Arlington.

So really, it looks like in each division, in stead of the top 2 from the division below moving up, the top 4 will move up.

The big clubs will not give up their byes. The real question is how many boys from the top 4 will go to their academys. Will they leave enough of this years roster to be eligible for Premier League?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 4/8/2011, 8:14 am

soccerdad96b wrote:
Kaivermor wrote:Correct me (I am sure you will) where I am wrong...

The big clubs will not give up their byes. The real question is how many boys from the top 4 will go to their academys. Will they leave enough of this years roster to be eligible for Premier League?

No way will the clubs give up the byes(money). Get ready to have a D-2 or D-3 team move into the spots left bye the exodus to DA. It had a huge impact on the '95's. Both the Texans and SR lost their Premier byes.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaivermor 4/8/2011, 10:20 am

Perhaps in my over-simplication, I lost both accuracy and clarity (its a gift).

I think I am agreeing with the previous 2 posters.

So perhaps I shouldn't say "top 4" will move up, but just "4" will move up a division.

In D2, for example, I think the 1st and 2nd place teams will move to D1, and I think two other teams will also move up to D1, to occupy slots previously held by teams in their club that will be departing for DA.
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 4/11/2011, 2:25 pm

so basically the TOP DI teams are not leaving and vacating their spots, but 6-8 players may leave their roster (CL-PL) go to DA? This would not bring a shift to DII or DII. This is what I gather from other posts on this topic.....is this correct?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaivermor 4/11/2011, 3:51 pm

I am unclear/would like to know. I will dig around a little; seek a way to point some 95 parents at this link in hopes they could provide some experienced information.
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 4/11/2011, 4:40 pm

CH1 has it right. Maybe a few less if Andro folds.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 4/11/2011, 9:45 pm

CH1 is correct.

Classic League: Clubs keep the bye; therefore keep the spot. Typically, they will not move entire team to DA. Reasons: Calendar birth year; bench players won't be asked; some will leave team/club. Since Classic League doesn't have huevos against big clubs, club keeps bye no matter what. Club will keep the players that will stay; look at other teams in club and June tryouts for other players to fill spots.

Texans were 5 time state cup champions and this year in 6th or 7th. Solar Red/Chivas did a better job of retaining top players and finished 1st.

Premier League: Texans and Solar Red didn't keep 75% of roster, therefore lost PL spot. No replacement teams invited.

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cancha123 4/11/2011, 9:55 pm

D1 - Bottom 2 teams drop to D2
D2 - Top two teams move up to D1. Bottom 2 teams drop to D3
D3 - Top 2 teams move up to D2. Bottom 2 teams play in challenge tourney against hand picked teams from Plano and Arlington. I say hand picked only because yellow and red card totals play a part in the inviation process.

Even if the top 4 teams lost half of their players to academy teams or other, they will not give up their bye. They will fill in the vacancies with other players from within their club or outside recruits. Only way I know how they can lose their bye is to have 75% of the players move together to another club or indpendent team. In this case, they can inherit the bye.

cancha123
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 4/11/2011, 11:30 pm

cancha123 wrote:D1 - Bottom 2 teams drop to D2
D3 - Top 2 teams move up to D2. Bottom 2 teams play in challenge tourney against hand picked teams from Plano and Arlington. I say hand picked only because yellow and red card totals play a part in the inviation process.

Even if the top 4 teams lost half of their players to academy teams or other, they will not give up their bye. They will fill in the vacancies with other players from within their club or outside recruits. Only way I know how they can lose their bye is to have 75% of the players move together to another club or indpendent team. In this case, they can inherit the bye.

Classic league is basically a joke after U15 (if not before) due to their "club keeps the bye" rule, which ensures mediocrity in D1 the rest of the way from U16 and up. Way back when the league used to be about providing the highest level of competition. Now they seem to be more keen on keeping big clubs happy and filled with their stash of byes. In return CCSAI ensures they make money. Sad really.

If they really wanted this to be about competition, Classic League would take one of two steps following U15:
1. Eliminate "club gets the bye", and reinstate N+1 rule (if you don't retain half of your roster plus one from the previous year, you lose your bye.
OR BETTER yet:
2. Hold a qualifying tournament at U16. Everyone starts from scratch (makes sense because this is they year of probably the most player movement anyway.

I don't think either of these will ever happen in my soccer-dad career (and I have a U11 and U15 both in the league). But oh well.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 4/12/2011, 12:50 pm

off_the_woodwork wrote:
cancha123 wrote:D1 - Bottom 2 teams drop to D2

Classic league is basically a joke after U15 (if not before) due to their "club keeps the bye" rule, which ensures mediocrity in D1 the rest of the way from U16 and up. Way back when the league used to be about providing the highest level of competition. Now they seem to be more keen on keeping big clubs happy and filled with their stash of byes. In return CCSAI ensures they make money. Sad really.

If they really wanted this to be about competition, Classic League would take one of two steps following U15:
1. Eliminate "club gets the bye", and reinstate N+1 rule (if you don't retain half of your roster plus one from the previous year, you lose your bye.
OR BETTER yet:
2. Hold a qualifying tournament at U16. Everyone starts from scratch (makes sense because this is they year of probably the most player movement anyway.

I don't think either of these will ever happen in my soccer-dad career (and I have a U11 and U15 both in the league). But oh well.
The only problem with your argument is that the big clubs took first and second in D2. So where are all these other deserving teams? The best teams will still be in D1, other than the academy teams, because the better players will continue to move to D1 whether or not their teams move to D1.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/12/2011, 2:54 pm

So Odyssey with their 4 boy's and 8 girl's select teams is a big club now? Medium at best I would say.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 4/12/2011, 4:58 pm

off_the_woodwork wrote:Classic league is basically a joke after U15 (if not before) due to their "club keeps the bye" rule, which ensures mediocrity in D1 the rest of the way from U16 and up. Way back when the league used to be about providing the highest level of competition. Now they seem to be more keen on keeping big clubs happy and filled with their stash of byes. In return CCSAI ensures they make money. Sad really.

OR BETTER yet:

I fail to see any evidence to support your claim "due to their "club keeps the bye" rule, which ensures mediocrity"

Here is what I see.

U16
1: Solar Red
2: Solar
3: FC Dallas

U17
1: Dallas Texans Red

If these teams are bad how come they finished so high in the league?

soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Singaporefan 4/12/2011, 5:31 pm

soccergrinder wrote:
off_the_woodwork wrote:Classic league is basically a joke after U15 (if not before) due to their "club keeps the bye" rule, which ensures mediocrity in D1 the rest of the way from U16 and up. Way back when the league used to be about providing the highest level of competition. Now they seem to be more keen on keeping big clubs happy and filled with their stash of byes. In return CCSAI ensures they make money. Sad really.

OR BETTER yet:

I fail to see any evidence to support your claim "due to their "club keeps the bye" rule, which ensures mediocrity"

Here is what I see.

U16

U17

**THANK YOU, SOCCERGRINDER! I am so tired of hearing, "All the good players are in DA and Classic League sucks after U15." My bb purposely chose not to play in DA due to all the traveling involved. He wanted to stay with his current coach, even though he had the opportunity to play with Solar DA. Totally his choice. And my BB is a pretty decent player. Thank you. Exclamation

Singaporefan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 4/12/2011, 5:41 pm

my2cents wrote:So Odyssey with their 4 boy's and 8 girl's select teams is a big club now? Medium at best I would say.

I agree
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 4/12/2011, 5:46 pm

Singaporefan wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:

OR BETTER yet:

Here is what I see.

U16

U17

**THANK YOU, SOCCERGRINDER! I am so tired of hearing, "All the good players are in DA and Classic League sucks after U15." My bb purposely chose not to play in DA due to all the traveling involved. He wanted to stay with his current coach, even though he had the opportunity to play with Solar DA. Totally his choice. And my BB is a pretty decent player. Thank you. Exclamation

"like" button.... Smile

....long time no see "singaporefan"!!
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Singaporefan 4/12/2011, 7:20 pm

socmom3 wrote:
Singaporefan wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:

OR BETTER yet:

Here is what I see.

U16

U17

"like" button.... Smile

**Hey, SocMom3! You are someone who can be informative to the U15 parents about what to expect next year. You have been around the block with your bb's and definitely know the ropes. flower

Singaporefan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 4/12/2011, 9:44 pm

Singaporefan wrote:
socmom3 wrote:
Singaporefan wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:

OR BETTER yet:

Here is what I see.

U16

U17

"like" button.... Smile

**Hey, SocMom3! You are someone who can be informative to the U15 parents about what to expect next year. You have been around the block with your bb's and definitely know the ropes. flower

...I don't think most people want to hear my opinion...it's probably not what they want to hear...BUT my BBs sure love the sport...and NO, they don't play on AL teams or have a desire to, and yes IMHO it's still competitive in D1...which is where I'll see you next season! cheers
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 4/13/2011, 6:51 am

off_the_woodwork wrote:

OR BETTER yet:

I disagree that Classic after U15 is a joke. There are many talented players in D-1 that decided not to go to DA for a variety of reasons. The top 2-3 teams are in reality the only ones capable of winning the Grand Championship. Just like it has always been even before DA. To have a qualifying tournament would be a nightmare and only benefit the D-2 and D-3 teams that for many reasons were unable to move up and win their division.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Singaporefan 4/13/2011, 9:32 am

soccerrus2 wrote:
off_the_woodwork wrote:

OR BETTER yet:

I disagree that Classic after U15 is a joke. There are many talented players in D-1 that decided not to go to DA for a variety of reasons. The top 2-3 teams are in reality the only ones capable of winning the Grand Championship. Just like it has always been even before DA. To have a qualifying tournament would be a nightmare and only benefit the D-2 and D-3 teams that for many reasons were unable to move up and win their division.

** Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy True! And BTW, I know some people do not put a whole lot of stock in scrimmages but my bb's Classic League team scrimmaged the U15-16 Solar DA team last night in Grapevine and we definitely held our own. So, while the DA has it's place in the soccer world and can be beneficial to many players, it is not the "end all be all" of soccer. Make the choice that is right for your BB. sunny

Singaporefan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 4/14/2011, 1:57 am

Congrats to the tornados for finishing 1st in d2. They will finally be able to advance after 5 years in d2. Hopefully they and Odyssey will be able to stay in D1. In the past, those that have moved up went back down by the next season (TFC gets to stay though).
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next