Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16 - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16

+32
bendit
Blitzed
Keeperdad96
soccermom040
just2smile
DragonStryker
Jedi Mind Tricks
soccer22
jgomezceiinc
Soccernovice
scrmum
bulldogsmom
FlatBack4
Friscosoccer
THE NEEDLE
happyfeet
centermiddad
soccerdad1
socmom3
norwich city
Singaporefan
soccergrinder
eagle
off_the_woodwork
cancha123
futbolnutt
soccerrus2
Kaivermor
my2cents
Maradona
Crochet
CH1
36 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16 - Page 4 Empty Re: NEXT SEASON PREVIEW U-16

Post by Guest 7/19/2011, 10:34 am

I am wondering if Premier League is less of a concern as the boys get older. Does it make more sense to spend the $$ you would have used traveling around TX and OK in more visible tournaments around the country? It looks like the big clubs have not been too concerned making sure they get a spot in PL after U-15.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrmum 7/19/2011, 10:44 am

soccer22 wrote:The League is allowing a "double roster". All of the teams finishing last season in the top 4 will make N+1 for Premier League under this scenario.

Although, I suspect that the "academy" players will probably never play in a regular league game and some of the "regular" players will never play in the Premier League Games.

But it will keep things interesting....

Eligible Players:
At present Region III PL has formulated a system of rules to
allow teams to use their Premier League roster along with players
through a ‘Club Pass System’. Using this system teams would be
allowed to expand their roster by incorporating the use of players
from within their club in PL play. The USYSA Board of
Directors is rapidly working on changing the National
Championship Roster rules to allow for utilization of a club pass
system. The Region III PL Committee will promptly assess the
new rules from USYSA and incorporate them into a workable
rostering system to insure our teams and clubs do not
unintentionally violate the National Championship rules thereby
risking their National Championship eligibility

This information about eligible players as well as the list of teams linked in an above message do not pertain to the Premier League West, which is what our NTX teams are participating in. Both of these are talking about the new Regional Premier League. The new league takes the top teams from the previous year's subregional Premier Leagues to form yet another group of home/away games for the fall season. Teams who finished 1-4 in Premier League West last year and returned N+1 were invited to field a team in the new league to play against the top finshers from Region III Central and Region III East. I don't think there are any NTX teams participating in that Regional Premier League this year, definitely no boys teams. There were NTX teams who qualified, but they either didn't return N+1 or chose not to participate. There are 4 teams per age group participating in the Region III Premier League West. I have not seen a list of which teams are participating, but the teams themselves know. That league does not allow guest players or players from other teams in the club to participate. I don't know about dual rosters for pre-academy since my sons are 94's and 95's and it doesn't apply there.

scrmum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 7/19/2011, 4:22 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Well done.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Mind Tricks 7/19/2011, 8:12 pm

scrmum wrote:
soccer22 wrote:The League is allowing a "double roster". All of the teams finishing last season in the top 4 will make N+1 for Premier League under this scenario.

Although, I suspect that the "academy" players will probably never play in a regular league game and some of the "regular" players will never play in the Premier League Games.

But it will keep things interesting....

Eligible Players:
At present Region III PL has formulated a system of rules to
allow teams to use their Premier League roster along with players
through a ‘Club Pass System’. Using this system teams would be
allowed to expand their roster by incorporating the use of players
from within their club in PL play. The USYSA Board of
Directors is rapidly working on changing the National
Championship Roster rules to allow for utilization of a club pass
system. The Region III PL Committee will promptly assess the
new rules from USYSA and incorporate them into a workable
rostering system to insure our teams and clubs do not
unintentionally violate the National Championship rules thereby
risking their National Championship eligibility

This information about eligible players as well as the list of teams linked in an above message do not pertain to the Premier League West, which is what our NTX teams are participating in. Both of these are talking about the new Regional Premier League. The new league takes the top teams from the previous year's subregional Premier Leagues to form yet another group of home/away games for the fall season. Teams who finished 1-4 in Premier League West last year and returned N+1 were invited to field a team in the new league to play against the top finshers from Region III Central and Region III East. I don't think there are any NTX teams participating in that Regional Premier League this year, definitely no boys teams. There were NTX teams who qualified, but they either didn't return N+1 or chose not to participate. There are 4 teams per age group participating in the Region III Premier League West. I have not seen a list of which teams are participating, but the teams themselves know. That league does not allow guest players or players from other teams in the club to participate. I don't know about dual rosters for pre-academy since my sons are 94's and 95's and it doesn't apply there.

I thought that the purpose of the academy league, (whether you agree or disagree), was to limit the amount of competitions that the kids play and increase the amount of training. That was the justification I understood for disallowing those in the academies from participating in HS sports, ODP, cricket, Classic League, ect.

Some cynics had a counter argument. They said that the purpose of limiting the competition was soley for the purpose of increasing the "hand" of the big clubs from the pesky competition of the smaller clubs. I don't think that anyone would honestly say that the qualification rules for Premier League West are being kept. And, if you do side with the belief that double-rostering is legitimate as far as PLW rules go, (N+1), you then must admit that you are violating the academy limited participation rules and precepts.

The Got Soccer link above is makes the rosters pretty clear. If the published rosters are accurate, the acceptance of fact that kids and N+1 requirements are met is false. The current rosters show exactly the opposite. This is also strong evidence indicating that the "criteria" used to qualify the NTX teams will be an arbitrary and capricious criteria. Am I misunderstanding? If rules don't govern decisions, then why even bother with any rules or qualification procedures in any age group ever?

Jedi Mind Tricks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 7/19/2011, 10:18 pm

CH1 wrote:The only "returning" DI teams that have N+1 are TFC and DTRS.

Where did you arrive at that? The Titans just moved clubs to the Texans (Texans West White). I believe they are keeping their D1 bye. Doesn't that require 75% returning to the roster?

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Mind Tricks 7/19/2011, 11:20 pm

Below is what the written rules say. I am still scratching my head even with the creative "club-pass rule". The NTX teams are limited by Classic League rules to a 22 person roster in this age group. Every double-rostered kid that you add, gives you less than a +1 bump towards your N+1 because he would also add to your "N" total. So, for example, a team sitting with 18 warm bodies on their roster must have 10 returning players. Let's say that the team happens to have the max 4 willing kids on a pre-academy or academy roster that were rostered the previous year. That would raise your N to 22, and you would then need to have a total 13 returning players including the 4 double rostered kids. So, to continue the example, an 18 player roster that lacked 8 true rostered returning players could not qualify even with the max double rostering help.

And as torn up as the rosters appear to be from last year, I think that the speculation about byes going to some previously written off teams is more than valid.

"ii.) In the event of a team fails to meet the 50% Rule at
anytime from the team’s acceptance into the Premier
League until the final match of the Premier League
playing season, that team will be declared ineligible.
Ineligibility will include forfeit of previously played
Premier League matches, prohibition from further
participation, loss of performance bond, and exclusion
from advancement from the Premier League to the
Region III Championship Tournament. "

this from the published rules: http://regioniii.usyouthsoccer.org/assets/premier_league/RIIIPL_Rules_02.1r5.17.pdf

Jedi Mind Tricks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrmum 7/20/2011, 7:09 am

[quote="Jedi Mind Tricks"]Below is what the written rules say. I am still scratching my head even with the creative "club-pass rule". The NTX teams are limited by Classic League rules to a 22 person roster in this age group. Every double-rostered kid that you add, gives you less than a +1 bump towards your N+1 because he would also add to your "N" total. So, for example, a team sitting with 18 warm bodies on their roster must have 10 returning players. Let's say that the team happens to have the max 4 willing kids on a pre-academy or academy roster that were rostered the previous year. That would raise your N to 22, and you would then need to have a total 13 returning players including the 4 double rostered kids. So, to continue the example, an 18 player roster that lacked 8 true rostered returning players could not qualify even with the max double rostering help.

That is not how N+1 works. If you had 18 last year, 10 of them have to return to satisfy N+1 this year. If you go up to 22 this year, 12 have to return NEXT year to satisfy N+1.

scrmum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bendit 7/20/2011, 7:22 am

How does it work for this team then?
DALLAS TEXANS SC 96B WHITE (SHAMU) (Texas North)
They only have 5 or maybe 6 returning from last year.
bendit
bendit
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by scrmum 7/20/2011, 7:31 am

bendit wrote:How does it work for this team then?
DALLAS TEXANS SC 96B WHITE (SHAMU) (Texas North)
They only have 5 or maybe 6 returning from last year.

How does what work for them? They aren't in premier league, are they? Premier League is the one with the N+1 rule for all teams. This Texans team appears to be a returning Classic League team. Classic League doesn't have an N+1 rule anymore. You can redo your whole roster as long as your team stays in the same club. The only time Classic League requires player retention is the 75% rule if you move clubs entirely (with exceptions if you merge clubs and for some former Andromeda teams)and a version of N+1 within a club for the teams who completely leave for "other leagues" like academy.

scrmum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyDave20 7/20/2011, 8:42 am

Blitzed wrote:
CH1 wrote:The only "returning" DI teams that have N+1 are TFC and DTRS.

Where did you arrive at that? The Titans just moved clubs to the Texans (Texans West White). I believe they are keeping their D1 bye. Doesn't that require 75% returning to the roster?
I heard that the Former Titans now Texans White West and the Texans Red South are the two that will be playing in Premiere League West this year.
DirtyDave20
DirtyDave20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 7/20/2011, 11:40 am

Well we've discussed Classic League.

Whats the outlook for PPL and APL? Anyone have any insight?
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Mind Tricks 7/20/2011, 12:36 pm

That is not how N+1 works. If you had 18 last year, 10 of them have to return to satisfy N+1 this year. If you go up to 22 this year, 12 have to return NEXT year to satisfy N+1.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, but I still can't make heads or tails of the outcome. Do you or anyone else happen to know how the top 4 finishers from last year will fare with regards to their West Regional Premier League byes? Classic League rules cap teams at 22 players. Rosters are published on Got Soccer by clicking on the team, and scrolling over the names reveals the faces:
http://rankings.gotsport.com/rankings/results.aspx?Level=State&Gender=Boys&Age=15&Region=&State=TXN&Search.

1. Solar: totally new team coming into Classic - bye lost?
2. Dallas Texans: 19 on current roster, max of 3 double roster additions. Do they have at least n+1-3 ? Had at least 18 on roster w/ maybe 5 returning?
3. Andromeda: 20 on current roster, max of 2 double roster additions. Do they have at least n+1-2 ? Look to be ok?
4. FCD: 21 current roster, max of 1 double roster addition. Do they have at least n+1-1? Bye lost, brand new team?

Jedi Mind Tricks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/20/2011, 12:51 pm

Based on what they did with the 95's last year, you may need to keep dropping down until you can satisfy the rule. I am sure of one thing, none of the top four 96 teams, who all played in PL last year, can satisfy the n+1 rule at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer22 7/21/2011, 9:47 am

Can anyone confirm that Titans (now a Texans team) and Texans Red South are the two teams now playing in Premier League?

I seems like we're all in for a bumpy ride in Division I this year waiting to see how things shake out and who ends up at the top of the pack.

soccer22
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 7/21/2011, 10:01 am

I can confirm that if they are they are not the only two to get an invitation.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 7/21/2011, 12:08 pm

Andro-is not updated....this still has last yrs roster
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bendit 7/21/2011, 12:13 pm

which andro? andro navy no longer even exists.
bendit
bendit
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 7/21/2011, 1:10 pm

So what tournament(s) is everyone going to test drive all these revamped D1 rosters at?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi Mind Tricks 7/21/2011, 3:22 pm

soccer22 wrote:Can anyone confirm that Titans (now a Texans team) and Texans Red South are the two teams now playing in Premier League?

I seems like we're all in for a bumpy ride in Division I this year waiting to see how things shake out and who ends up at the top of the pack.

DTRS have listed a roster of 17, allowing them 5 double roster spots. Reportedly are bringing back 5 players from last year. Do they have enough former players in the Texan academy/pre system to get to N+1 by double rostering ?

ex-Titans have a listed roster of 22. No double rostering help available. Must straight up have N+1 out of their current roster?

If the byes drop down, it looking like a safe bet that TFC is in, because Tejanos are basically a new team.

Jedi Mind Tricks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 7/21/2011, 4:52 pm

Andro DI team still has players from last yr that are no longer with the team....would like to see their new roster
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by joesoccer 7/21/2011, 5:33 pm

Jedi Mind Tricks wrote:
soccer22 wrote:Can anyone confirm that Titans (now a Texans team) and Texans Red South are the two teams now playing in Premier League?

DTRS have listed a roster of 17, allowing them 5 double roster spots. Reportedly are bringing back 5 players from last year. Do they have enough former players in the Texan academy/pre system to get to N+1 by double rostering ?

ex-Titans have a listed roster of 22. No double rostering help available. Must straight up have N+1 out of their current roster?

If the byes drop down, it looking like a safe bet that TFC is in, because Tejanos are basically a new team.

It has been posted on their web site for the 96 team for a couple of weeks now that they will play in PL.

joesoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 7/21/2011, 9:19 pm

The four teams from D1 going into the PL are:

Texans
American Eagles
TFC
Odyssey

Lots of turnover everywhere else for lots of reasons, but I know for some of the above, this is a welcomed invitation to "broaden" their horizons.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wbgbpfan 7/21/2011, 9:28 pm

centermiddad wrote:The four teams from D1 going into the PL are:

Texans
American Eagles
TFC
Odyssey

Lots of turnover everywhere else for lots of reasons, but I know for some of the above, this is a welcomed invitation to "broaden" their horizons.

I know Texans(formerly the Titans) and TFC are eligible for Premier League since they were in D1 last year. American Eagles (Tornados) and Odyssey were D2 last year so I didn't think that applied to them. Last year in U16 it didn't apply to Hurst United and Solar White that moved up from D2 so only 2 teams from North Texas were in Premier League.
wbgbpfan
wbgbpfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 7/21/2011, 9:53 pm

They apparently have changed that rule as both teams were invited and accepted.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jgomezceiinc 7/21/2011, 10:15 pm

Texans
American Eagles
TFC
Odyssey

Congrats to all 4 teams, wish them all the best of luck

jgomezceiinc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 7/22/2011, 6:35 am

Texans
American Eagles
TFC
Odyssey

Congrats and good luck! Make N. Tx proud.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next