Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

question re: dual rosters Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

question re: dual rosters

+9
ontherightside
USC1980
97MAN
south
True10
finish1
rqps
my2cents
irish86
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

question re: dual rosters Empty question re: dual rosters

Post by irish86 8/15/2011, 12:38 pm

Is it kosher to have a dual roster player on different clubs?
I thought the rules specifically stated you could not have multiple club rostering...
One club team and another different pre-academy club/team
If not, wouldn't the pre-academy team have to forfeit all of their games?

thanks in advance

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

question re: dual rosters Empty Re: question re: dual rosters

Post by my2cents 8/15/2011, 1:00 pm

Only if they are both NTSSA rosters. That is why all these other leagues sprung up; to get around the NTSSA rules aimed at keeping U10 and under from becoming competitive select leagues.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by irish86 8/15/2011, 1:06 pm

I'm referring to '98 teams, not U-10...

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/15/2011, 2:07 pm

Sorry , did not look at the group before answering. I know that some sort of dual rostering is allowed in DA but not sure how it works or applies to pre-academy

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 8/15/2011, 2:26 pm

irish86 wrote:Is it kosher to have a dual roster player on different clubs?
I thought the rules specifically stated you could not have multiple club rostering...

thanks in advance

One has nothing to do with the other... Pre-academy is governed by US Club soccer and Classic teams are governed by US Youth soccer.

Many players could be on multiple rosters/teams this year... I am sure this will become less prevalent next year
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/15/2011, 2:30 pm

Irish, do you know of this example?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 8/15/2011, 4:53 pm

rqps wrote:
irish86 wrote:Is it kosher to have a dual roster player on different clubs?

thanks in advance

One has nothing to do with the other... Pre-academy is governed by US Club soccer and Classic teams are governed by US Youth soccer.

Many players could be on multiple rosters/teams this year... I am sure this will become less prevalent next year

So what your saying is that a player can be rostered for Andro FC in CL and Solar FC in Pre-Academy. This cannot be right. Question
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by south 8/15/2011, 5:12 pm

Not according to the Pre-Academy League Rules. Can only be dual rostered within the same club:

2.12 Restriction on Outside Players.
2.12.1 Rule 2.12 applies to all TEPAL Registered Players except for the enumerated exceptions provided in Rule 2.11.3. After being registered as a TEPAL Registered Player for a TEPAL Season, a TEPAL Registered Player may not
appear on any roster in any competition for any other club except for rosters of the TEPAL Club on which the player is rostered as a TEPAL Registered Player
(The TEPAL Registered Player may appear on any number of rosters, in any competition, of the TEPAL Club to which the player is registered as a TEPAL Registered Player.) If a TEPAL Registered Player appears on a roster for a
different club besides the TEPAL Club to which the player is registered as a TEPAL Registered Player after the date the player became rostered as a TEPAL Registered Player (“Multiple Club Rostering”), the eligibility of the TEPAL
Registered Player will be reviewed by the TEPAL Advisory Committee. If it is determined by the TEPAL Advisory Committee, at its sole discretion, that the TEPAL Club to which the TEPAL Registered Player is registered was aware of
the Multiple Club Rostering, the TEPAL Advisory Committee may recommend the following actions to US Club Soccer: (i) declaring the TEPAL Registered Player ineligible for the remainder of that TEPAL Season; (ii) declaring all gamesin which the TEPAL Registered Player appeared on the TEPAL Roster as forfeits by the TEPAL Team on which such player was rostered; and / or (iii) recommending immediate revocation of the TEPAL Club’s membership in the TEPAL.
south
south
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 8/15/2011, 9:06 pm

south wrote:Not according to the Pre-Academy League Rules. Can only be dual rostered within the same club:

2.12 Restriction on Outside Players.
2.12.1 Rule 2.12 applies to all TEPAL Registered Players except for the enumerated exceptions provided in Rule 2.11.3. After being registered as a TEPAL Registered Player for a TEPAL Season, a TEPAL Registered Player may not
appear on any roster in any competition for any other club except for rosters of the TEPAL Club on which the player is rostered as a TEPAL Registered Player
(The TEPAL Registered Player may appear on any number of rosters, in any competition, of the TEPAL Club to which the player is registered as a TEPAL Registered Player.) If a TEPAL Registered Player appears on a roster for a
different club besides the TEPAL Club to which the player is registered as a TEPAL Registered Player after the date the player became rostered as a TEPAL Registered Player (“Multiple Club Rostering”), the eligibility of the TEPAL
Registered Player will be reviewed by the TEPAL Advisory Committee. If it is determined by the TEPAL Advisory Committee, at its sole discretion, that the TEPAL Club to which the TEPAL Registered Player is registered was aware of
the Multiple Club Rostering, the TEPAL Advisory Committee may recommend the following actions to US Club Soccer: (i) declaring the TEPAL Registered Player ineligible for the remainder of that TEPAL Season; (ii) declaring all gamesin which the TEPAL Registered Player appeared on the TEPAL Roster as forfeits by the TEPAL Team on which such player was rostered; and / or (iii) recommending immediate revocation of the TEPAL Club’s membership in the TEPAL.

That makes sense.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 97MAN 8/15/2011, 9:41 pm

I also read the same thing.

97MAN
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by irish86 8/16/2011, 1:46 pm

Believe that the "in any competition" language might be the key.
So it's ok to train, practice, scrimmage, etc. as long as not playing in a game, perhaps

Barcelona is the name I keep hearing. Not sure about PA name

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 8/16/2011, 3:23 pm

Why would you want to bar a kid from practicing with any team/coach? I was under the impression pre-academy was created to developing better individual players?? If the kid is not playing in a competitive match... let them practice with whoever they want to. It's not going to hurt that player or any other team.
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by irish86 8/16/2011, 3:28 pm

Hail Cesar,

Not trying to ban anyone from anything. Simply asked a question and appreciate the responses.
This whole thing is a work in progress, imo. cheers

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 8/16/2011, 5:34 pm

irish86 wrote:
Hail Cesar,

Not trying to ban anyone from anything. Simply asked a question and appreciate the responses.
This whole thing is a work in progress, imo. cheers

Agreed... definitely a work in progress
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/16/2011, 6:26 pm

Where it is going is just like the club pass for the older ages. Have to be able to do something with the tail end of the roster when there is 26 players on it.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by USC1980 9/6/2011, 12:24 pm

rqps wrote:Why would you want to bar a kid from practicing with any team/coach? I was under the impression pre-academy was created to developing better individual players?? If the kid is not playing in a competitive match... let them practice with whoever they want to. It's not going to hurt that player or any other team.

The Academy/pre Academy system was really developed as a marketing strategy for the four Tier 1 clubs. How many smaller/independent clubs lost players to the big 4 under the premise of "pre-academy/" Solar, Texans, Andro and FCD continued to have " pre academy tryouts" long after the rosters for those teams were submitted. The Big 4 have seen their product niche deteriorate (check the Classic League} and had to develop some sort of product differentiation to justify the 2500 dollars dues {plus, plus, plus} so they came up with the pre-Academy system. Huge rosters, keeping their BYES in classic (Solar 98B has 4 returning players), moving Plano D2 teams into classic to fill the void.....certainly player development is 1 component of the equation, but the driving force is money and an attempt to weaken the small clubs and independent teams that are beginning to flourish.

USC1980
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

question re: dual rosters Empty Trojan

Post by irish86 9/6/2011, 12:35 pm

The truth is that the USSF and the national powers dictated the recent pre-academy stuff.
I don't think any of the local clubs wanted this to happen, but it was a done deal.
The USSF response was "the rest of the country has been doing this for years, so you need to fall in line"
By the way, the pre-academy fees/dues are about the same as classic league, so not exactly a windfall for clubs.

Side note: did Reggie Bush ever give back his Heismann for cheating? Just asking... cheers

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 9/6/2011, 12:43 pm

irish86 wrote:The truth is that the USSF and the national powers dictated the recent pre-academy stuff.
I don't think any of the local clubs wanted this to happen, but it was a done deal.
The USSF response was "the rest of the country has been doing this for years, so you need to fall in line"
By the way, the pre-academy fees/dues are about the same as classic league, so not exactly a windfall for clubs.

Side note: did Reggie Bush ever give back his Heismann for cheating? Just asking... cheers

Ok - I laughed out loud on that one! Good one Irish!

Irish is right - USSF Academy and US Club Soccer pre-academey are national not local. Sorry USC, the local head honchos did not start this.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by USC1980 9/6/2011, 1:48 pm

ontherightside wrote:
irish86 wrote:The truth is that the USSF and the national powers dictated the recent pre-academy stuff.

Ok - I laughed out loud on that one! Good one Irish!

Irish is right - USSF Academy and US Club Soccer pre-academey are national not local. Sorry USC, the local head honchos did not start this.

My mistake.....there is a windfall for the clubs though....Did they gain players or lose players? Do they use it as a marketing advantage? Did they lose BYE's in Classic League? If not, why not? Why did the big clubs continue to advertise Academy/pre Academy "tryouts" were in progress and open AFTER the rosters were due to USYS? Just a few thoughts and questions......

USC1980
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/6/2011, 1:51 pm

Can PA/Academy clubs add to their rosters if they have an open spot? That would be my guess for why they continued to advertise?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 9/6/2011, 1:55 pm

I agree. They do gain a huge advantage over non-Academy clubs.

USSF season is off from what we in NTX soccer are used to - they were still playing in July so their try-out schedule is completely different.

Pre-Academy rosters were due Aug. 15th, and yes, you can add players.

I did not see any of the four advertising on-going tryouts, but did see that most of them said you could contact the specific coach or DOC if you had questions or interest.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/6/2011, 2:23 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Can PA/Academy clubs add to their rosters if they have an open spot? That would be my guess for why they continued to advertise?
good question Question
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 9/6/2011, 2:25 pm

You can add to your roster up to May 1st.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 9/22/2011, 7:55 am

What is the likelihood of preacademy players also being allowed to play on say, classic d1 teams?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TxHunter 9/22/2011, 9:07 am

It is happening that PA kids are being dual rostered.

TxHunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next