Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Rosters.... Why do we have them? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Rosters.... Why do we have them?

+3
newparent
odie1993
Soccer27
7 posters

Go down

Rosters.... Why do we have them? Empty Rosters.... Why do we have them?

Post by Soccer27 9/19/2011, 1:05 pm

Am I the only one but question why do we have rosters when we see some teams using illegal players?

We played a team this weekend with kids that looked and played at a higher age level. When asked for their roster they said they didn't have it and will email it. Obvious when half the team leaves to go play another game somewhere else.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Rosters.... Why do we have them? Empty Re: Rosters.... Why do we have them?

Post by odie1993 9/19/2011, 1:16 pm

Soccer27 wrote:Am I the only one but question why do we have rosters when we see some teams using illegal players?

We played a team this weekend with kids that looked and played at a higher age level. When asked for their roster they said they didn't have it and will email it. Obvious when half the team leaves to go play another game somewhere else.

not sure what league you are playing in. I know with SDL the coach/team manager is supposed to have it on them. i would have your team manager/coach send an inquiry to the league about it.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by newparent 9/19/2011, 1:34 pm

odie1993 wrote:
Soccer27 wrote:Am I the only one but question why do we have rosters when we see some teams using illegal players?

not sure what league you are playing in. I know with SDL the coach/team manager is supposed to have it on them. i would have your team manager/coach send an inquiry to the league about it.

What league is this? SDL seems to be a lot of floating players. No contracts so can move from team to team from week to week or game to game. It's good to let kids move around early so they don't wait until QT to try and look around. Works better for everyone.

newparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 9/19/2011, 1:38 pm

This was in primetime league. When this team was question about their roster they said they didn't have it and will email it.

Just don't see the point in rosters when u can sneak in a few older kids to help ur team look stronger.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/19/2011, 2:38 pm

Soccer27 wrote:This was in primetime league. When this team was question about their roster they said they didn't have it and will email it.

Just don't see the point in rosters when u can sneak in a few older kids to help ur team look stronger.

What team was it?
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 9/20/2011, 5:29 am

Absolutely post the team name so that this can be resolved PRIOR to game time, when any team that cannot produce their roster should be forced to forfeit and not waste everyone's time. Avoid a headache for someone else.

A team my bb guested with came up against a team like that in a tournament, whom, as soon as they saw the golf cart rounding the bend, knowing they were about to get roster-checked, took off with several players, including a goalie that was playing at least 2 years down. They couldn't produce the correct roster and several kids got caught in lies about dates of birth, etc. Team had to forfeit a game in which they won big ... using their much older players to dribble the field of much younger players.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/20/2011, 7:44 am

Which team was that?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/20/2011, 7:50 am

Shrug. Heck I don't usually bring our USCS roster to the games. Its a goofball Sunday league, and yeah, we've already submitted it to PTS as requested. Kids should be able to guest play at this age in SDL and Primetime. And if we have new kids show up to train, we just have them come play. The roster is just a liability thing, without resorting to Mossad interrogation techniques, its pretty hard to enforce. If you are cheating on ages, the only people you are cheating is yourself. That said, we've had people blatantly do it before (looking at you Daniel DaSilva) and its kind of annoying.

But yeah, I'm curious because my first reaction was that you might be talking about bb's team, its a small league, and our games have not been very close. Looking at schedule and past comments I think Soccer27s bb plays for Rangel, so will assume its Guamera or whatever. Correct me if that is slander.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/20/2011, 7:57 am

bunited wrote:Absolutely post the team name so that this can be resolved PRIOR to game time, when any team that cannot produce their roster should be forced to forfeit and not waste everyone's time. Avoid a headache for someone else.

A team my bb guested with came up against a team like that in a tournament, whom, as soon as they saw the golf cart rounding the bend, knowing they were about to get roster-checked, took off with several players, including a goalie that was playing at least 2 years down. They couldn't produce the correct roster and several kids got caught in lies about dates of birth, etc. Team had to forfeit a game in which they won big ... using their much older players to dribble the field of much younger players.

Guess that depends on whether you come to play or to win. Play the game , let the powers that be decide whether or not the game is declared forfeit. Kids come to play , they don't care about forfeit wins. I have never heard anything but "that sucks" from players that have been informed they just won by forfeit.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down