Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Select teams 02' Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Select teams 02'

+12
debit
BAFANA BAFANA
What
futbolista
sillyboys02
s0cc3rdad
davito
itaboutdevelopment?
Lovesoccer2
WRG
wonderwoman39
TexasSoccer02
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Select teams 02' Empty Select teams 02'

Post by TexasSoccer02 9/12/2011, 10:13 pm

I am interested in getting feedback on which team would be the ideal team to be on 1 year before going select. I am on a solar team and I see the following teams are listed as being the best:
1. DTS
2. DT Scott City
3. Crushers White
4. Solar Dynamo
5. Liverpool Fagen
6. FCD Goncalves
7. FCD Premier
8. TX Suns
9. Boca Juniors
10. Ayses Gold
11. Odyssey
12. FC Dallas Nova Gomez
13. Barcelona

Please add any comments to why x or y team is better. Is team x or y doing more skills .. I am willing to drive any where in Dfw for my kid to get great training.

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Select teams 02' Empty Re: Select teams 02'

Post by wonderwoman39 9/13/2011, 9:23 am

What about TFC Larry? They have proven to be a competitive team. Haylock did give TFC a BAD reputation with coaches and parents in division one for a couple years. I am assuming that reputation can linger over to another TFC team??? Not saying that is what you are doing. Just curious. Coaches consider TFC Larry a top team.

wonderwoman39
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 9/13/2011, 9:39 am

TexasSoccer02 wrote:I am interested in getting feedback on which team would be the ideal team to be on 1 year before going select. I am on a solar team and I see the following teams are listed as being the best:
1. DTS
2. DT Scott City
3. Crushers White
4. Solar Dynamo
5. Liverpool Fagen
6. FCD Goncalves
7. FCD Premier
8. TX Suns
9. Boca Juniors
10. Ayses Gold
11. Odyssey
12. FC Dallas Nova Gomez
13. Barcelona

Please add any comments to why x or y team is better. Is team x or y doing more skills .. I am willing to drive any where in Dfw for my kid to get great training.

Yours is a tough question, as I am not sure there is one ideal team for each kid. It depends on the kid. Also, would it be great to be a top team if your kid played ten minutes a game? Each parent and player has to decide what they want out of it.

If you are really only interested in being on the team that is at the top of the age group, then contact DTS, Crushers or Dynamo and see if they will have you come out for practice.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Select teams 02' Empty Dts 02

Post by Lovesoccer2 9/13/2011, 10:53 am

I agee take a look at the top teams. Go to one of the practices, meet the parents and see what you think for your self. I would focus on what that team is doing better compared to where you are.
Playing time is important but it is not everything. If your kid is a starter but is not getting better. He might be better off somewhere else where he can get better. If he is a good player, he will likely start on another "good team".
The big picture is make sure your kid is having fun. The Dallas Texas South is a good team for a reason. Other teams in the area are also good.
Go check them all out. I would do it now and not in the (late) spring.

Lovesoccer2
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by itaboutdevelopment? 9/13/2011, 12:41 pm

wonderwoman39 wrote:What about TFC Larry? They have proven to be a competitive team. Haylock did give TFC a BAD reputation with coaches and parents in division one for a couple years. I am assuming that reputation can linger over to another TFC team??? Not saying that is what you are doing. Just curious. Coaches consider TFC Larry a top team.

The "BAD reputation" wasn't with the coach... it was the blond team manager that poisoned the whole team. It is also sad that you would talk poorly about coaches at your own club.

itaboutdevelopment?
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderwoman39 9/13/2011, 2:44 pm

itaboutdevelopment? wrote:
wonderwoman39 wrote:What about TFC Larry? They have proven to be a competitive team. Haylock did give TFC a BAD reputation with coaches and parents in division one for a couple years. I am assuming that reputation can linger over to another TFC team??? Not saying that is what you are doing. Just curious. Coaches consider TFC Larry a top team.

The "BAD reputation" wasn't with the coach... it was the blond team manager that poisoned the whole team. It is also sad that you would talk poorly about coaches at your own club.

Sound kind of bitter "itaboutdevelopment?"
I did not think he actually worked for the club anymore. I heard he was going back to England. Laughing

wonderwoman39
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 9/13/2011, 4:22 pm

I think a better assessment is the one provided by WRG the other week. DT Scott should maybe be a bit higher in the rankings but I don't see TX Suns, Boca Juniors or Odyssey quite making the top 10.

1. DTS-although they lost to FCD Premiere, one loss does not take away the domination of the last two years or so. Look for them to be a top team this year.

2. Solar Dynamo: Closing the gap to DTS and a great win in the Labor Day Tournament. Played a number of top teams and came out on top. Could be the top team by years end.

3. Solar Crushers Red: Got beat by Solar blue in the Quarters of Labor Day but overall, still a top three team. Had a good win over FCD Premiere 3-0 in pool play and looks solid.

4. FCD Premiere: Great win over DTS in quarters and probably one of the best coached teams that passes the ball very well. Could move up more as the season goes on.

5. Solar Blue: The Dynamo Franchise is strong and this team made it to the semi finals at Labor Day.

6. FCD Goncalves: Did not play Labor Day so no recent result but still have to be in the top ten.

7. Liverpool Fagen: Did not make it out of pool play in the Labor Day but played some strong games and had good season last year.

8. TX Suns: Strongest CAL team and played some tough games in the Labor Day. Expect more out of them over the year to come. (Heard they are doing a lot of recruiting)

9. TFC Larry: Would have been nice to see them in Labor Day but they played well in recent Primetime tournament. Look to be getting better.

10. DT Scott: Have not seen them play, but put them here on past SDL results.

davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by s0cc3rdad 9/14/2011, 3:57 pm

wonderwoman39 wrote:
I did not think he actually worked for the club anymore. I heard he was going back to England. Laughing

Incorrect. He is still currently with the club until he moves back to England. It is a sad day for all those (sane) people that know Haylock, and his leaving will be felt by more than just the teams he coaches directly.

I guess your log in name isn't because you have super powers, but because you are clueless and "wondering" about things instead of getting facts.

I heard same thing. Some woman named Deates or Dates or something. Don't know her personally and hope I don't ever have the pleasure based on what other parents have to say about her. A bit mental that one.

Sorry to hijack the thread off original topic. Please carry on with initial thought. I try to avoid the drama. You know what they say, "Best not to wrestle with pigs, you get dirty and they like it."

Cheers

s0cc3rdad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Select teams 02' Empty 02 boys

Post by sillyboys02 9/14/2011, 10:01 pm

I have to say our family has been with select teams for several years. Texans, Andromeda and TFC and I can't imagine anyone talking so bad about others. First thought the top ten is not even determined until more on the board for the season. Texans South yeah is a good team, but can say when they lose they have very poor sportsmanship. Sad for the boys that have been doing this for so long to not even get a high five at the end when they beat the Texans South. Ok another instance talking about the blonde manager on TFC that ruined the team that's funny because it was the coach as I have heard that couldn't talk to parents to keep the boys because he was to busy with qualifying and I guess his other personal issues. Who cares.. Larry seems to have a good group of boys and they will be top team when they go select because one he believes in his boys and how he developes them. I think that is great in a coach and lots of coaches we have seen. Stop talking trash about managers and get over yourself if you don't like a parent and a team. This is our kids we are talking about... The kids are what makes the team and and a good coach.

sillyboys02
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 9/14/2011, 10:25 pm

sillyboys02 wrote:I have to say our family has been with select teams for several years. Texans, Andromeda and TFC and I can't imagine anyone talking so bad about others. First thought the top ten is not even determined until more on the board for the season. Texans South yeah is a good team, but can say when they lose they have very poor sportsmanship. Sad for the boys that have been doing this for so long to not even get a high five at the end when they beat the Texans South. Ok another instance talking about the blonde manager on TFC that ruined the team that's funny because it was the coach as I have heard that couldn't talk to parents to keep the boys because he was to busy with qualifying and I guess his other personal issues. Who cares.. Larry seems to have a good group of boys and they will be top team when they go select because one he believes in his boys and how he developes them. I think that is great in a coach and lots of coaches we have seen. Stop talking trash about managers and get over yourself if you don't like a parent and a team. This is our kids we are talking about... The kids are what makes the team and and a good coach.

Look FCD Premier played a good game against DTS and had a well deserved win but let's not come on here and say DTS has poor sportsmanship. Look were not in U6 rec where we're going to have our boys line up and give each other high fives. I saw many of our boys go and say to the opposing team good game. What did you want them to do? Come on now. Not only did our players tell FCD players good game but our parents said the same to some of the FCD parents. There's no poor sportsmanship on DTS.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Select teams 02' Empty Dts

Post by TexasSoccer02 9/14/2011, 10:46 pm

we have lost to dts and as much as I always want to win. I have not had any issues with the kids or parents.

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by What 9/15/2011, 9:01 am

sillyboys02 wrote:I have to say our family has been with select teams for several years. Texans, Andromeda and TFC and I can't imagine anyone talking so bad about others. First thought the top ten is not even determined until more on the board for the season. Texans South yeah is a good team, but can say when they lose they have very poor sportsmanship. Sad for the boys that have been doing this for so long to not even get a high five at the end when they beat the Texans South. Ok another instance talking about the blonde manager on TFC that ruined the team that's funny because it was the coach as I have heard that couldn't talk to parents to keep the boys because he was to busy with qualifying and I guess his other personal issues. Who cares.. Larry seems to have a good group of boys and they will be top team when they go select because one he believes in his boys and how he developes them. I think that is great in a coach and lots of coaches we have seen. Stop talking trash about managers and get over yourself if you don't like a parent and a team. This is our kids we are talking about... The kids are what makes the team and and a good coach.
Comical...
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BAFANA BAFANA 9/15/2011, 9:45 am

TexasSoccer02 wrote:I am interested in getting feedback on which team would be the ideal team to be on 1 year before going select. I am on a solar team and I see the following teams are listed as being the best:
1. DTS
2. DT Scott City
3. Crushers White
4. Solar Dynamo
5. Liverpool Fagen
6. FCD Goncalves
7. FCD Premier
8. TX Suns
9. Boca Juniors
10. Ayses Gold
11. Odyssey
12. FC Dallas Nova Gomez
13. Barcelona

Are any of theses teams providing Yoga or Zen in addition to skills?
BAFANA BAFANA
BAFANA BAFANA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 9/15/2011, 10:01 am

futbolista wrote:Look were not in U6 rec where we're going to have our boys line up and give each other high fives. I saw many of our boys go and say to the opposing team good game. What did you want them to do? Come on now. Not only did our players tell FCD players good game but our parents said the same to some of the FCD parents. There's no poor sportsmanship on DTS.

futbolista,

I respectfully disagree with you on this point. I think the boys should still line up and give the other team high fives. I don't think that's a tradition that needs to be left behind at the rec level. Most teams we've played still line up, but last Saturday we played a different Texans team and they didn't line up either. Honestly, my reaction was they were showing poor sportsmanship.

I know it's not done on the professional level; that it's more of a meandering through the crowd thing, but I think it's important, and 9/10 year old boys should be forced to do it. It probably makes me old-fashioned, but that's my opinion.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Select teams 02' Empty Yoga

Post by TexasSoccer02 9/15/2011, 10:16 am

I think only the pros do this. I wished my team did. I have read
That it is very good, but I do not think any team would take the time for Yoga. Good idea, I need to ask my team to consider it. I would imagine it would be an added expense with the matts and instructor.

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 9/15/2011, 10:27 am

debit wrote:
futbolista wrote:Look were not in U6 rec where we're going to have our boys line up and give each other high fives. I saw many of our boys go and say to the opposing team good game. What did you want them to do? Come on now. Not only did our players tell FCD players good game but our parents said the same to some of the FCD parents. There's no poor sportsmanship on DTS.

futbolista,

I respectfully disagree with you on this point. I think the boys should still line up and give the other team high fives. I don't think that's a tradition that needs to be left behind at the rec level. Most teams we've played still line up, but last Saturday we played a different Texans team and they didn't line up either. Honestly, my reaction was they were showing poor sportsmanship.

I know it's not done on the professional level; that it's more of a meandering through the crowd thing, but I think it's important, and 9/10 year old boys should be forced to do it. It probably makes me old-fashioned, but that's my opinion.

Debit,

I respect that but as long as your kids go and shake a hand or go up to a player from the opposing team and say good game that is showing good sportsmanship. Now if a team refuses to shake a hand or even congratulate the other team, that is showing poor sportsmanship. We have had teams refuse to before and that's because of their coach.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 9/15/2011, 10:32 am

BAFANA BAFANA wrote:
1. DTS
2. DT Scott City
3. Crushers White
4. Solar Dynamo
5. Liverpool Fagen
6. FCD Goncalves
7. FCD Premier
8. TX Suns
9. Boca Juniors
10. Ayses Gold
11. Odyssey
12. FC Dallas Nova Gomez
13. Barcelona

BAFANA BAFANA do you know something we don't?
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chingching 9/15/2011, 10:45 am

[quote="futbolista"]
debit wrote:

futbolista,

Debit,

I respect that but as long as your kids go and shake a hand or go up to a player from the opposing team and say good game that is showing good sportsmanship. Now if a team refuses to shake a hand or even congratulate the other team, that is showing poor sportsmanship. We have had teams refuse to before and that's because of their coach. [/quote

Old-fashioned??? More like delusional... you shouldn’t force any child to shake another child’s hand if they don’t feel like it....and why would you want your child to receive a forced handshake, if it’s not genuine then you can keep it ...
chingching
chingching
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 9/15/2011, 11:01 am

chingching wrote:

Old-fashioned??? More like delusional... you shouldn’t force any child to shake another child’s hand if they don’t feel like it....and why would you want your child to receive a forced handshake, if it’s not genuine then you can keep it ...

hmmmm... delusional? force any child...if they don't feel like it...?

I think we probably live our lives with a different worldview.

I'm quite certain my son doesn't feel like taking a shower after soccer practice nor does he feel like brushing his teeth each morning and evening nor does he feel like doing his homework for school, but I do force him to do those things. I'm teaching him good habits when he's 9 years old and hopefully when he's older he will feel like doing those things is worthwhile.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/15/2011, 11:11 am

BAFANA BAFANA wrote: Are any of theses teams providing Yoga or Zen in addition to skills?

Yes, we are. BB is super flexible and relaxed as the kids with good soccer skills dribble right past him.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hunden97 9/15/2011, 11:13 am

debit wrote:
chingching wrote:

I'm quite certain my son doesn't feel like taking a shower after soccer practice nor does he feel like brushing his teeth each morning and evening nor does he feel like doing his homework for school, but I do force him to do those things. I'm teaching him good habits when he's 9 years old and hopefully when he's older he will feel like doing those things is worthwhile.

Sorry to interrupt, but that was definitely well said!
hunden97
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BAFANA BAFANA 9/15/2011, 11:16 am

futbolista wrote:
BAFANA BAFANA wrote:
1. DTS
2. DT Scott City
3. Crushers White
4. Solar Dynamo
5. Liverpool Fagen
6. FCD Goncalves
7. FCD Premier
8. TX Suns
9. Boca Juniors
10. Ayses Gold
11. Odyssey
12. FC Dallas Nova Gomez
13. Barcelona

I heard DTS does Yoga, is that true?
BAFANA BAFANA
BAFANA BAFANA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 9/15/2011, 11:29 am

BAFANA BAFANA wrote:
futbolista wrote:
BAFANA BAFANA wrote:
1. DTS
2. DT Scott City
3. Crushers White
4. Solar Dynamo
5. Liverpool Fagen
6. FCD Goncalves
7. FCD Premier
8. TX Suns
9. Boca Juniors
10. Ayses Gold
11. Odyssey
12. FC Dallas Nova Gomez
13. Barcelona

I heard DTS does Yoga, is that true?

I'm not on here to release any of our secrets. Mums the word.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderwoman39 9/15/2011, 11:35 am

s0cc3rdad wrote:
wonderwoman39 wrote:

Incorrect. He is still currently with the club until he moves back to England. It is a sad day for all those (sane) people that know Haylock, and his leaving will be felt by more than just the teams he coaches directly.

I guess your log in name isn't because you have super powers, but because you are clueless and "wondering" about things instead of getting facts.

I heard same thing. Some woman named Deates or Dates or something. Don't know her personally and hope I don't ever have the pleasure based on what other parents have to say about her. A bit mental that one.

Sorry to hijack the thread off original topic. Please carry on with initial thought. I try to avoid the drama. You know what they say, "Best not to wrestle with pigs, you get dirty and they like it."

Cheers

lol! you sound REALLY bitter and maybe jealous as well. I am sure the “blonde” team manager finds these post as comical as I do.
Fact: Haylock could not keep players on his team. They either leave his team or play on two teams. His team could barely win a game (if any) in the top division of SDL. As I hear it, he forgot to show up to games because he was busy doing other things. I am just stating facts. His record speaks for itself. That (in my opinion) is not a good reputation. I do not see how a team manager can blow up a team if a coach was actually in control of HIS team. You give the team manager a lot of credit and sound a bit envious of them. BTW according to GotSoccer, that is not her name. The previous manager left about 9- 10 months ago. Apparently she wised up and realized how wrong she was in supporting a coach that acted the way he did. She might even be a little embarrassed. I would be. Haylock, as I hear it, was furious when her bb was taken off his team. He even tried to get her kids kicked out of the club. Rumor has it that the last game her bb played with his team, he was treated horribly. Guess the decision to find another coach was validated after that game. Why she has loyalty to TFC is puzzling. Maybe she thinks that this coach was just a bad seed in a great organization. I personally think TFC is a very good club. Apparently, she has found quality coaches at TFC because her kids still play there despite Haylock’s attempts to kick them out. Hopefully she has learned from her mistakes in trusting unstable coaches. For those who did not see the other side of Haylock, consider yourselves lucky. Bottom line…the coach needs to man up and take responsibility for his team and not blame others. He needs to do what is best for the team and their development. Blaming others is just a cowardly thing to do. Last time I checked the team manager was not the coach. TFC should not be judged on just one coach in the 02 group

Last edited by wonderwoman39 on 9/15/2011, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote)

wonderwoman39
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chingching 9/15/2011, 11:48 am

hunden97 wrote:
debit wrote:
chingching wrote:

hygiene and soccer 2 different things....next you’ll be saying that the parents have poor sportsmanship because they don’t make the tunnel at the end of the game

Sorry to interrupt, but that was definitely well said!
chingching
chingching
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next