Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

99 Recruiting Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

99 Recruiting

+12
omega striker
Axxman
Marvin
Ibystander
arsenalfan
clueless
Aswan
THE NEEDLE
OnTheSurface
go99
True10
Texas FC
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

99 Recruiting Empty 99 Recruiting

Post by Texas FC 10/22/2009, 10:48 pm

How much do teams/coaches look at players on other teams? Do they go out and scout teams to look for possible future players to recruit? Do parents need to approach teams about guest playing or do teams go out and ask themselves?
Texas FC
Texas FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

99 Recruiting Empty Re: 99 Recruiting

Post by True10 10/22/2009, 10:55 pm

Alot. Yes. Both.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/23/2009, 9:28 am

alot, yes, both, but it all depends on the kid. Guest playing is a good idea so you can find a good fit.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 10/23/2009, 4:18 pm

Some, but not all, teams are constantly on the lookout for "upgrades". If your kid is a super studly, and especially if you are not on a D1 team, you will almost certainly be approached by someone. Recruiting is totally against the Classic League rules, but still it goes on.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 10/23/2009, 5:33 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:Some, but not all, teams are constantly on the lookout for "upgrades". If your kid is a super studly, and especially if you are not on a D1 team, you will almost certainly be approached by someone. Recruiting is totally against the Classic League rules, but still it goes on.

However, you also need to under stand the definition of recruiting as defined by NTSSA. Being approached is not recruiting (see text in red below):

1. Recruiting is defined as:
a. Allowing a player to participate in practice or games with a team on which the player
is not rostered unless such participation is otherwise expressly authorized by these
NTSSA rules, and all paperwork incidental to said authorization has been fully
completed prior to such participation.

b. Allowing a player to participate in camps, skills, clinics, academies or other training
activities unless such participation is otherwise expressly authorized by NTSSA
rules, and all paperwork incident to said authorization has been fully completed
prior to such participation.

c. Actively soliciting a player to break a commitment to his current team in order to
join another team. This rule does not apply to Free Agents.

d. Making false, misleading, and/or unsubstantiated negative statements which could
reasonably be expected to influence the decision of a player regarding his choice of
teams.

e. Offering anything of monetary value to anyone to induce a player to commit to play
for a particular team; provided, offering to pay, waive or reduce a player’s expenses
associated with participating with a particular team does not constitute recruiting so
long as (i) the offer is, in good faith, based on financial need and (ii) any value
received is in fact applied to the reasonable and necessary expenses associated with
such player
s participation.

f. Committing to or on behalf of a team, a club, a player, or a coach for the upcoming
soccer year prior to July 1, whether in writing or otherwise, or requesting or
requiring a commitment to or by a team, club, player, or coach for the upcoming
soccer year prior to July 1 whether in writing or otherwise. (Note: A coach
requesting a returning player to state his intention concerning returning the
following soccer year, or a player inquiring about his status on the team for the
following year is permissible prior to July 1, but the commitment is not binding on
either the player or the coach..)

g. As long as the above rules are observed, nothing herein is intended to restrict the
ability of a player at any time to express a general interest in a prospective team or
for a prospective team to express at any time a general interest in a prospective
player.

2. It shall be a violation of these rules for any person, team, club or other organization to engage
in recruiting as defined above. Coaches are responsible for the actions of all of the above
listed participants associated with their team. Failure to comply with this rule shall result in
sanctions against the offending party which could include suspension from all soccer
activities for a period of time to be determined by the NTSSA Competitive Committee.
Allegations against registered youth players are subject to review before punishments are
considered. Complainant will file his complaint with the Youth Commissioner, who shall
render a decision. Either party may file an appeal of the Youth Commissioner’s decision with
the NTSSA State Executive Committee according to the Bylaws of the NTSSA.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 10/23/2009, 5:52 pm

Yep. Recruiting is against the rules but “expressions of interest” are not. Saying:”your son should leave his team and come play with us” is verboten. Saying “ We, all of us,, including our coach, noticed your son and really…really, really like the way he plays. And, oh, by the way, we have an open spot for some lucky lad whom we really think plays really well” is acceptable. Further, continually upgrading personnel is the only way to make it to the top. Stagnation is death, competitively speaking. All teams will develop technically. The teams that both develop technique and upgrade personnel will move up. On the one hand, this paradigm of shifting allegiances is a natural part of players sorting themselves out according to their inherent abilities. The perverse aspect is that competive success is required from the very beginning. The drive to win, so as to beget winning, perverts the “best practice” model of development. Oh well…welcome to America.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 10/23/2009, 6:10 pm

f. Committing to or on behalf of a team, a club, a player, or a coach for the upcoming
soccer year prior to July 1, whether in writing or otherwise, or requesting or
requiring a commitment to or by a team, club, player, or coach for the upcoming
soccer year prior to July 1 whether in writing or otherwise. (Note: A coach
requesting a returning player to state his intention concerning returning the
following soccer year, or a player inquiring about his status on the team for the
following year is permissible prior to July 1, but the commitment is not binding on
either the player or the coach..)

Herein lies your recruiting quandry. Prior to 7/1 of any year a coach needs to know who is committed to the team unless the kid is a flat out stud. If that is the case then coaches are probaly breaking the other recriuting rules. Most teams are formed and set at least 2 weeks prior to signing day. I know no coach that waits til 7/1 to start forming a team and get all players signed that same day. Parents want to know what team will be on the field prior to 7/1 and if the coach does not know then who does. This is a catch22 for both coach and parents.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 10/24/2009, 9:07 am

OnTheSurface wrote:Some, but not all, teams are constantly on the lookout for "upgrades". If your kid is a super studly, and especially if you are not on a D1 team, you will almost certainly be approached by someone. Recruiting is totally against the Classic League rules, but still it goes on.
Not all teams are on the lookout for "upgrades", but all coaches are, or should be....
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas FC 10/27/2009, 4:09 pm

clueless wrote:
Not all teams are on the lookout for "upgrades", but all coaches are, or should be....

I would hope that all coaches are looking to upgrade their teams. What do you think they are typically looking for? Talent or Chemistry?
Texas FC
Texas FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 10/28/2009, 5:57 am

Texas FC wrote:
clueless wrote:

I would hope that all coaches are looking to upgrade their teams. What do you think they are typically looking for? Talent or Chemistry?
At U11 they look for chemistry so the team will get noticed which will draw the talent in.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 10/28/2009, 8:54 am

arsenalfan wrote:
Texas FC wrote:
clueless wrote:

At U11 they look for chemistry so the team will get noticed which will draw the talent in.
Ah ha! That explains why Pamela is with Figo.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/28/2009, 1:21 pm

exactly. King Craft has no talent at all, just tons of chemistry. They are practically oozing the stuff. Still have some on my shoe and can't get it off. 99 Recruiting Suspect . lol. As it goes on kids are replaced by skills and talent. If your BB is good enough then top teams will find a spot for him at the expense of Jr chemistry set. Just don't be surprised if BB is not as good as you think he is.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin 10/28/2009, 3:20 pm

go99 wrote:exactly. King Craft has no talent at all, just tons of chemistry. They are practically oozing the stuff. Still have some on my shoe and can't get it off. 99 Recruiting Suspect . lol. As it goes on kids are replaced by skills and talent. If your BB is good enough then top teams will find a spot for him at the expense of Jr chemistry set. Just don't be surprised if BB is not as good as you think he is.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You proved that long ago when you said your bb "shut down the german kid". It takes more than just chemistry to be where Crafts 99 team is. And lets not crown him King Craft just yet, he was given this team, he hasn't proven anything. His challenge is can he continue to bring these boys along and keep them ahead of the curve.

Lastly, please stop with the lol, you sound like a 12 year old girl.

Marvin
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 10/28/2009, 3:35 pm

Marvin wrote:
go99 wrote:exactly. King Craft has no talent at all, just tons of chemistry. They are practically oozing the stuff. Still have some on my shoe and can't get it off. 99 Recruiting Suspect . lol. As it goes on kids are replaced by skills and talent. If your BB is good enough then top teams will find a spot for him at the expense of Jr chemistry set. Just don't be surprised if BB is not as good as you think he is.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You proved that long ago when you said your bb "shut down the german kid". It takes more than just chemistry to be where Crafts 99 team is. And lets not crown him King Craft just yet, he was given this team, he hasn't proven anything. His challenge is can he continue to bring these boys along and keep them ahead of the curve.

Dang Martian, you're being a little rough aren't you. I only see sarcasm in his post and as much as I hate to say it, Craft if king right now. Perhaps a new king will take their place someday, but until that happens you have to give credit where it is due.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin 10/28/2009, 4:06 pm

Axxman wrote:
Marvin wrote:

Dang Martian, you're being a little rough aren't you. I only see sarcasm in his post and as much as I hate to say it, Craft if king right now. Perhaps a new king will take their place someday, but until that happens you have to give credit where it is due.

I do give full credit to the boys, not Craft. He just took the team. Maybe I misunderstand 99, it sounds as if he is referring to Craft and not the team. The team , until dethroned, is king right now. Crowning Craft is premature.

Go99, if that was sarcasm, I missed it. If you believe the Texans really have no talent I stick with my original post. And I do think any adult using teenage text slang is like OMG, so lame.

Marvin
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/28/2009, 4:32 pm

Marvin wrote:
Axxman wrote:
Marvin wrote:

I do give full credit to the boys, not Craft. He just took the team. Maybe I misunderstand 99, it sounds as if he is referring to Craft and not the team. The team , until dethroned, is king right now. Crowning Craft is premature.

Go99, if that was sarcasm, I missed it. If you believe the Texans really have no talent I stick with my original post. And I do think any adult using teenage text slang is like OMG, so lame.
Of course the boys are always the talent ! we will see what changes if for the better Craft can do as time will only tell!
as far as your concerned, I think everybody read the "sarcasm" except you! and as far as the abbreviations go, they are just that! so either just relax or go and stuff your face with pills,alcohol,or whatever eases your blood or takes you to your "happy space" this kind of site is for parents with "thick skin" and is not intended for the use of club personel,representatives and especially coaches!!!!!!!!! 99 Recruiting Affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin 10/28/2009, 5:52 pm

omega striker wrote:
Marvin wrote:
Axxman wrote:
Marvin wrote:

Of course the boys are always the talent ! we will see what changes if for the better Craft can do as time will only tell!
as far as your concerned, I think everybody read the "sarcasm" except you! and as far as the abbreviations go, they are just that! so either just relax or go and stuff your face with pills,alcohol,or whatever eases your blood or takes you to your "happy space" this kind of site is for parents with "thick skin" and is not intended for the use of club personel,representatives and especially coaches!!!!!!!!! 99 Recruiting Affraid

Yea, I'm club personnel. Wanting to make sure the boys and not the coach are getting credit. Doesn't sound very club line to me. Yes I may have jumped the gun, but with Go's history of ignorant statements one can never know if he is being sarcastic. By the way my skin is plenty thick but I appreciate you policing the site for everyone keeping all those undesirable thin skinned parents, coaches,club personnel...away.

Marvin
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 10/28/2009, 5:57 pm

Marvin, please go to the corner for a thirty-something-minute time out. Go is very blunt and sarcastic, just the way we like him. Personally, his observations are a lot keener than that of a lot of boobs on this board. Having said that, please don't go away. We love confrontation and strife here. If you're looking for peace and love hippies, try the 98 board.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/28/2009, 8:27 pm

Marvin wrote:
Axxman wrote:
Marvin wrote:

ROFLOL before it was teenage text slang it was used in IM and that came from the tech industry and my company would fall apart without IM. Yes is was like totally sarcasm. MOG you are soooo lame. BTW someone else said he stoped the german from scoring and it was one game and it cost him his own scoring too. King Craft is just my catchy little name for him but he has done other top teams at texans. He is not exactly new
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/28/2009, 8:32 pm

if you are club personnel or coaches then this is not the place for you. This is parents BS around about soccer and having a little fun. But you should stick around and keep bringing that nasty fire to the boards
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/28/2009, 8:40 pm

Since people don't get me I will break it down and type it slowly. A prior post said chemistry was important now to win and then they used winning to attract talent. My post was a play on that. The sarcasm was that the craft team is full of talent and was built that was. Basically contradicting the chemistry theory and replacing it with a talent one. I even used the suspicious Icon " 99 Recruiting Suspect ". So marvin can pull his panties out of a bunch. You were looking to be offended and rushed in without thinking. Next time don't try so hard just wait. Give me a few minutes and I am bound to post something that offends you.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Texas FC 10/28/2009, 9:35 pm

I saw a lot of kids that had talent that played on bad teams during qualifiers...I think you could make a hell of a team by taking certain kids from the teams in Plano and Arlington...a team that could compete with King Craft or any of the others.... 99 Recruiting Drunken_smilie
Texas FC
Texas FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerNutz07 10/29/2009, 8:53 am

go99 wrote:
Marvin wrote:
Axxman wrote:
Marvin wrote:

ROFLOL before it was teenage text slang it was used in IM and that came from the tech industry and my company would fall apart without IM. Yes is was like totally sarcasm. MOG you are soooo lame. BTW someone else said he stoped the german from scoring and it was one game and it cost him his own scoring too. King Craft is just my catchy little name for him but he has done other top teams at texans. He is not exactly new
You are right, he is not exactly new. Comparing how his 98 team played last year and now, D2 is not out of the question for next year. His 99 team is superior because Preston P & Marcio trained them and handed over to him. Judging from his 98 team, the 99 Texans has no way to go but down. We can crown him King Craft for this year but I doubt it will happen again next year.
SoccerNutz07
SoccerNutz07
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/29/2009, 11:41 am

Marvin wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Marvin wrote:
Axxman wrote:
Marvin wrote:

Yea, I'm club personnel. Wanting to make sure the boys and not the coach are getting credit. Doesn't sound very club line to me. Yes I may have jumped the gun, but with Go's history of ignorant statements one can never know if he is being sarcastic. By the way my skin is plenty thick but I appreciate you policing the site for everyone keeping all those undesirable thin skinned parents, coaches,club personnel...away.
I'm glad you now know your place! yes I do speak for alot of people on here, your the noob on here fool not go99 or anybody else ? if you don't like then go play on facebook, myspace or twitter with all the other kiddo's! 99 Recruiting Icon_rolleyes
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/29/2009, 12:11 pm

[You are right, he is not exactly new. Comparing how his 98 team played last year and now, D2 is not out of the question for next year. His 99 team is superior because Preston P & Marcio trained them and handed over to him. Judging from his 98 team, the 99 Texans has no way to go but down. We can crown him King Craft for this year but I doubt it will happen again next year.[/quote]
Okay let me clarify the "king craft". HN is a very smart guy (even though he is the darklord 99 Recruiting Icon_twisted ) and Craft has been around for a bit. I don't think HN has him around because he likes his haircut and is dating pamela anderson (figo's ex). By no means is he responsible for that teams winning. Talent wins and overwhelming talent dominates. My 6yr old Daughter could coach that team to an undefeated season. BTW she may be better than bb and is a pure scorer averaging 11 goals a game (sorry, threw that one in for my bud speedy 99 Recruiting Icon_biggrin )
King Craft is just a nickname. Craft extra cheesy wasn't as catchy or easy to type. 99 Recruiting Suspect does look like some sensative nerves about craft out there though. Wassup with that?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next