Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Tx Summer Classic - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Tx Summer Classic

+13
TxHunter
futbolfiend
cowpukesfan
mspan02
Laimport
Hatrick3
hoff1032
Coach97ET
trmntr1
rdg
EastTexasSoccer
soccermom97b
PEEWEE
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tx Summer Classic - Page 2 Empty Re: Tx Summer Classic

Post by Laimport 8/8/2012, 9:59 am

No disrespect to the other teams. Haven't seen most of them play.

Just saying that, on paper at least, ETP is a legitimate contender.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 8/8/2012, 3:23 pm

My son was on a team that played ETP about a year ago. While I was impressed with the team's oevrall athleticism, I was not impressed with their tactics or the way they were coached. It was like a soccer team (us) playing against a rugby team (ETP). It seemed like their goal was to physically overpower and intimidate the opposing team from the opening whistle. They were successful at that, but they showed very little actual soccer skills. Unfortunately our team was unable to keep pace with their athleticism and ended up losing a close game 2-1. But I remember many plays in that game where ETP just trucked our players after we made a pass, or just went through the players instead of around them to get to the ball or advance it up the field. If they could ever be taught to play soccer, they would be D1-caliber without a doubt. But I don't know if the ETP coach is inclined to teach the "beautiful game".
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/8/2012, 4:05 pm

hoff1032, I'm notsure what your vision ofthe 'beautiful game' is. But, I can tell you that this team is actually on the smallish side for a 97 team.

The coach teaches (and preaches) a quick passing game. 1 and 2 touch...especially in the middle 3rd.

Lots of movement off the ball. (Supporting runs, etc.)

He even disciplines players who play long balls out of the back. (Which, sometimesin my view can be a useful tactic, especially counterattacking...jut not as an overall strategy.)

There are a few high quality athletes on the team, but, as I sad, we definitely aren't a "Stoke City" type of team.

Now, maybe they did play differently a year ago. But then again, they aren't the same team they were a year ago.

They have added players that are very, very good both technically and tactically.

But if they rely on 'overpowering' their opponents then they will only get away with it against lower d2 and d3 caliber teams.

Even the playing the beautiful gam successfully thoug requires some tough, getting 'stuck in' types of players to complement the ball wizards.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hoff1032 8/8/2012, 4:11 pm

My impressions came from a game a year ago. It is certainly possible for a team to remake its image in that time, but I got the sense that the rough tactics they employed were coaching decisions intended to make up for a general lack of soccer skills. I came away from that game thinking the coach was directly involved in teaching the very rough style of play they employed, and I was not impressed. Kudos to the coach and players if they have elevated their level of coaching and play.
hoff1032
hoff1032
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/8/2012, 4:20 pm

Could have been an isolated case as well.Not every team plays exactly the same way every game.

Some games just end up being very physical.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 8/10/2012, 1:36 pm

I agree with hoff in that I saw this team play a couple of times and that is the way I saw them play too. It was over a year ago though. And no, my son nor any of his frineds were on the other teams they were playing against. I got there early once to watch them and stayed late another time to watch them. I got the sense that there play was coach inspired. We will know if that has changed this weekend I am sure.

Now, my son's team is in this tournament BUT not in this age group.

So, my predictions will be:

A - Meja Martinez (don't ask me why 'cause I don't know)
D - Solar Gold (almost homefield)

B - TFC Blue (I think the other best team in the 97 field is FCD Gold but with no wildcard they get short changed. FCDG would win group A, C and D I think)
C - ETX (there real test comes sunday)

SG and TFC Blue move on

TFC Blue wins 3-2

And I am not a tfc fan by any means (no offense)

I hope the Nationals win it all and I know no one on that team nor do I root for them (heck I think I've only seen them play once in my life)
I just went chaos in a good way Twisted Evil

These are only predictions
I am way more concerned with how we play this weekend
And how the heck is he going to juggle high school football again this year affraid

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/10/2012, 2:18 pm

We'll see....

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mspan02 8/10/2012, 3:20 pm

and your predictions laim.....

mspan02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/13/2012, 8:27 am

Well, ETX Premier came home with the title. Scored 11 goals and gave up 2 in 5 games.

I'd say it was rather "convincing", based on the margins as well as the more subtle indicators...like shots and possession.

Three of the wins (including the final)were shutouts!

To be fair, a couple of the games were rather sloppy. But, that's tournament life.

Overall, though, the team played with skill and were superior tactically to their competition.

In my humble opinion, ETP is a legitimate d1 level team. If they were not an indy team, they would surely have a top 10 ranking by now.

Our coaches were apparently flipped off by a TFC mom after the semi. I was also told she made some snide remark about her "being on some board" and otherwise threatening us. For what? beating their kids? By the way, most of these TFC players refused to shake hands after the game.

I guess sportsmanship and dignity begin at home as well....

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 8/13/2012, 8:36 am

Laimport wrote:Well, ETX Premier came home with the title. Scored 11 goals and gave up 2 in 5 games.

I'd say it was rather "convincing", based on the margins as well as the more subtle indicators...like shots and possession.

Three of the wins (including the final)were shutouts!

To be fair, a couple of the games were rather sloppy. But, that's tournament life.

Overall, though, the team played with skill and were superior tactically to their competition.

In my humble opinion, ETP is a legitimate d1 level team. If they were not an indy team, they would surely have a top 10 ranking by now.

Our coaches were apparently flipped off by a TFC mom after the semi. I was also told she made some snide remark about her "being on some board" and otherwise threatening us. For what? beating their kids? By the way, most of these TFC players refused to shake hands after the game.

I guess sportsmanship and dignity begin at home as well....

Very interesting to me as manager of that team. My husband is assistant coach and was on the field with the boys shaking hands...says he didn't notice that any of them, especially "half of the team" weren't shaking hands. I will say that I took off for the HQ tent to turn in the score so that I could get out of the sun and to the car so I didn't witness anything...but if that is the case, my apologies.

I will say, that I was beyond embarassed that one of our parents felt the need to go to tournament officials about the fact that ETX parents were sitting on "our side of the field" under the shade tree. Was quite mortified and had I been sitting down there rather than out in the sun, I would have stopped that from happening. That definitely set a tense tone on the sideline that you hate to see.

ETX is a great team and it's too bad that they aren't playing in CL each and every weekend.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/13/2012, 8:43 am

Unfortunate. I didn't witness any animosity personally. Just what I was told. I was more concerned about getting out of there and heading up to McKinney and getting my son ready for the next game.

I think we all need to remind ourselves (myself included) that it's the boys game...not ours.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 8/13/2012, 9:18 am

[quote="Laimport"]Unfortunate. I didn't witness any animosity personally. Just what I was told. I was more concerned about getting out of there and heading up to McKinney and getting my son ready for the next game.

I think we all need to remind ourselves (myself included) that it's the boys game...not ours.

[/quote]

Definite THUMBS UP!

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfiend 8/13/2012, 9:21 am

I am new to this forum but I wanted to add to the general discussion about the semi final between ETX Premier and TFC Blue. As a former TFC parent (and current ETX parent) I am keenly aware how much Emphasis Ed places on teams and parents for their conduct on and off the field. I only heard of a couple of players that didn't want to shake hands. From my vantage point I thought both coaches were professional if a little heated at what most spectators could agree was "inconsistent" calls coming from the CR. I only heard second hand about a veiled threat from a TFC parent about "being on a board and etc etc etc." Look it was a hot physical contest between two evenly matched squads. Yes the "shade tree" incident was unfortunate but our parents repaid the favor in the second half when some TFC parents came down to cheer in their attacking half amongst our sun drenched crowd. ETX was fortunate that the game was played on a smaller field that blunted TFC's athleticism and highlighted our marginally better 1 and 2 touch possession game. With the possible exception of the D1 Solar Red squad we faced in the Puma Cup, they are far and away the most skilled squad we have had the chance to match up with. Best of luck to them as I predict their continued promotion through the Classic League.
futbolfiend
futbolfiend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 8/13/2012, 9:25 am

futbolfiend wrote:I am new to this forum but I wanted to add to the general discussion about the semi final between ETX Premier and TFC Blue. As a former TFC parent (and current ETX parent) I am keenly aware how much Emphasis Ed places on teams and parents for their conduct on and off the field. I only heard of a couple of players that didn't want to shake hands. From my vantage point I thought both coaches were professional if a little heated at what most spectators could agree was "inconsistent" calls coming from the CR. I only heard second hand about a veiled threat from a TFC parent about "being on a board and etc etc etc." Look it was a hot physical contest between two evenly matched squads. Yes the "shade tree" incident was unfortunate but our parents repaid the favor in the second half when some TFC parents came down to cheer in their attacking half amongst our sun drenched crowd. ETX was fortunate that the game was played on a smaller field that blunted TFC's athleticism and highlighted our marginally better 1 and 2 touch possession game. With the possible exception of the D1 Solar Red squad we faced in the Puma Cup, they are far and away the most skilled squad we have had the chance to match up with. Best of luck to them as I predict their continued promotion through the Classic League.

Thanks for the kind words! And I definitely LOL'd when your parents sent our 2 dads packing back to our end. Nothing is worse than something stupid like that setting the tone for tense relations on the parents side and taking the focus away from the task at hand, which is watching our boys play the sport they love. Best of luck to ya'll and hopefully we'll see each other again...maybe even under cooler (both emotionally and weather) temperatures!
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/13/2012, 9:51 am

I with futbolfiend. TFC was definitely the best team we've faced. They have some talented players and several of them proved to be exceptional athletes.

Even our coaches made the comment before the game that that semi was the actual championship.

I have a feeling they will continue to improve and advance as a team.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 8/13/2012, 9:58 am

This is a pretty good discussion you guys got going here.
I am really enjoying reading this.

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by trmntr1 8/13/2012, 10:51 am

Congrats to ETX P.... I wish I could have gone to seen one of their games... Looks like they are the real deal....

IMO Parents should always stay in their side.... Yes even the goalie's parents..... It just keeps the attention on the game and not on the sideline.... And it's proper field etiquette..... It's just a matter of privacy... Parents will always say something about the other team that you will not like if you hear it. But it is our right to share our opinions amongst ourselves.... If your on the opposing team and on our side and you hear something about one of your players that you do not like, then it is not our fault. It is yours for being on the wrong side....

We are watching a sporting event... It is our right to share comments amongst ourselves.... Right or wrong it happens and it is part of the game.... I've heard some bad stuff about my bb from the other parents before.... It's no big deal.... Usually it just means that he's causing fits to the other team.....
trmntr1
trmntr1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxHunter 8/13/2012, 11:05 am

trmntr1 wrote: Congrats to ETX P.... I wish I could have gone to seen one of their games... Looks like they are the real deal....

IMO Parents should always stay in their side.... Yes even the goalie's parents..... It just keeps the attention on the game and not on the sideline.... And it's proper field etiquette..... It's just a matter of privacy... Parents will always say something about the other team that you will not like if you hear it. But it is our right to share our opinions amongst ourselves.... If your on the opposing team and on our side and you hear something about one of your players that you do not like, then it is not our fault. It is yours for being on the wrong side....

We are watching a sporting event... It is our right to share comments amongst ourselves.... Right or wrong it happens and it is part of the game.... I've heard some bad stuff about my bb from the other parents before.... It's no big deal.... Usually it just means that he's causing fits to the other team.....

If this were facebook I would keep pounding the LIKE button. I 100% agree - Parents should stay on their side of the field it helps ease SOOOOO much of the tension. There is no point running back and forth - I love it when the BB's yell at their parents to shut up who are running up and down the sideline. Let them play, enjoy the game and what they are able to do.

TxHunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/13/2012, 12:32 pm

Couldn't agree more.

Although I think the whole 'touchline jostling' was due to the fact there was shade to fight over!

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by trmntr1 8/13/2012, 1:42 pm

So basically they were Shade Bullies....
trmntr1
trmntr1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 8/13/2012, 1:53 pm

trmntr1 wrote: Congrats to ETX P.... I wish I could have gone to seen one of their games... Looks like they are the real deal....

Are you guys kidding me??? It is our right to share comments??? You don't have that right to talk about any youth player. If you think you do, check the NTX and your club's code of conduct. You guys who talk about your own players and other players on other teams are nothing but idiots. You shouldn't say a damn thing about any player or team while you are on the field. If you don't believe me ask your coach or director of coaching.

If you are man/woman enough to talk about any youth, you should be man/woman enough to say it to that players parents. If not, then shut the hell up!

Unlike you thinking you have the right to say whatever you want, everyone does have the right to sit or stand wherever they want. If they follow their code of conduct, you shouldn't worry about it.

It is surprising to see these types of comments from parents at this age group. If you really think this way you should grow up.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by trmntr1 8/13/2012, 2:00 pm

And now we have a forum bully.....

I think everyone here is under the same basic understanding about what I meant.... Except for you...

I feel like I just got chastised by June Cleaver and Ward will be home anytime now.....

Last edited by trmntr1 on 8/13/2012, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
trmntr1
trmntr1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/13/2012, 2:07 pm

indyfc wrote:

Are you guys kidding me??? It is our right to share comments??? You don't have that right to talk about any youth player. If you think you do, check the NTX and your club's code of conduct. You guys who talk about your own players and other players on other teams are nothing but idiots. You shouldn't say a damn thing about any player or team while you are on the field. If you don't believe me ask your coach or director of coaching.

If you are man/woman enough to talk about any youth, you should be man/woman enough to say it to that players parents. If not, then shut the hell up!

Unlike you thinking you have the right to say whatever you want, everyone does have the right to sit or stand wherever they want. If they follow their code of conduct, you shouldn't worry about it.

It is surprising to see these types of comments from parents at this age group. If you really think this way you should grow up.

The rules of this and most tournaments state Both teams will occupy the same side of the field. Parents and un-rostered visitors will occupy the opposing side from the teams. Opposing is generally interpreted to mean opposite your own team. Shocked You have got to be kidding me. No one is supposed to comment on play.WOW! Really? You don't say geeze that cleats up tackle was dirty, or wow he just trucked him. You are over the top here but mum on the sidelines. Uh-huh Cool

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 8/13/2012, 2:09 pm

Rolling Eyes
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/13/2012, 2:21 pm

In a perfect world, we would all be civil and keep everything in its proper perspective.

But we all know that isn't the case...now don't we?

personally, I think people should be able to speak their mind. What I don't condone is parents throwing insults at opposing players.

Or players getting into it with opposing parents. (A kid should always be respectful of an adult...apparently that isn't taught in most households anymore.)

Common sense flies out the window in the heat of the game though.

The sensible thing to do is for everyone to focus on their own teams (or really their own child's) performance and try to be positive.

After a reasonable 'cooling off' period, then you can go over your kid's individual performance. if you so choose.

Telling people what they can and can't say is ridiculous in and of itself.

Then again, there's a difference between "can" and "should".

Just like there's a huge difference between policy and actual enforcement!

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 8/13/2012, 2:24 pm

trmntr1 wrote: And now we have a forum bully.....

I think everyone here is under the same basic understanding about what I meant.... Except for you...

I believe you are right that everyone is in agreement with what you meant because they think like you do. I don't think like you and the rest of your followers, but frankly I don't care.

I stand by my thinking that if you are talking about any kid you are an idiot. This includes any parent on my bbs team. If I hear this from my bbs team parents I ask them to please not do it. If they continue I move away from them. My spouse and I do not have those conversations.

If I for any reason have someone on our side from the other team I engage them in conversation as soon as possible to break the tension. If I hear them say something negative I ask them to please not say anything as to not incite the others on our team. If they continue I do ask a field marshall to stay close and help manage the situation.

My point is that your way of thinking would be right only if there weren't any other solutions. You just seem to think it's ok because, "everyone does it". Sorry to say, but not so...

Oh and btw, if your bb is any good, chances are that your bb could be playing with players from the other teams down the road and you could be finding yourself right next to a parent whose bb you've talked about behind their back. If your bb isn't good enought to be in that position, then you should really shut the hell up.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next